• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Canada Brawl Stage Discussion

Percon

Smash Lord
Yesh... it's WAY too small. And now that the lasers do no knockback (I think) There's nothing keeping someone from infinity-ing someone on that wall for seven minutes.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Shield the initial hit of the shuttle loop, and when he's coming back from the loop counter it somehow (disjointed smash etc)

Also to stay on topic, cornerarea is bad yatta yatta.

Miller

Smash Lord
About Luigis Mansion :
Really, who said you have to stay on the bottom, the other two platforms are just as fine, and its not as cheap up there, if your getting sick of being tornado'd so much, just go up there

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Delfinos plaza shouldn't be neutral. Theres water, theres walls in some places of the stage, and the stage is really glitchy. you could just randomly fall right through it when the main platform is going down to a different area. It should be a counterpick.

I think luigis mansion is good as a CP.

Percon

Smash Lord
So this is what SBR thinks:

Stage Lists

TOs must move stages from the starter/counterpick into either the starter or counterpick categories and must move stages from counterpick/banned into either the counterpick or banned categories.

Stages in the Starter/Counter and Counter/Banned list did not receive 2/3 majority, and therefore you are given the option to put those stages in either category, as we did not come to a consensus on it.

The SBR Recommended rule list uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set. There must be an odd number of starter stages.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Counter/Banned
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Interesting. Stage striking sounds pretty neat. Though some of the stages I disagree with. I say:

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter

Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Counter/Banned

Corneria
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

That's my stance anyway. I'd like to mention that I'm actually liking Port Town now. The cars ARE quite avoidable. more on that later.

D

Deleted member

So we seem to be one of the more progressive Smash scenes around, making intelligent bans. Anyone up for discussing the no-trip code?

Max the SBR stage list kinda sucks, I like ours better :/ Anyone agree?

Percon

Smash Lord
Yeah, I guess they're trying to be more "fair" and not as ban-happy this time. Though I kind of agree with what they're doing a lot of those are gonna get banned eventually. But I'm glad they have the "in the middle, up to TO" stages.

Also, about no trip... no reason not to use it, it's just that getting every wii to have it would be very difficult. Maybe it could be used in finals or something, but I don't think we can have every match like that all the time.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Max you need to lower the amount of "ethics" in your bloodstream. Get your wii modded you scrub.

I have yet to install ocarina but I will be soon, I'm going to try and run a tournament with every wii equipped with the no tripping code. Though getting multiple wii's with it setup already will get kind of annoying, maybe I;ll just bring TP and everything on my SD card to the tourney and then install it all before it starts....

D

Deleted member

To do the no tripping code requires no hard mod. You don't need to chip your Wii to enable no-tripping. It's incredibly simple to do.

Top Bottom