• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Canada Brawl Stage Discussion

D

Deleted member

Hahaha. ^ Might be slightly true, haha.

I just think FD is more trouble than it is worth. I guess it's a moot point though, as no one seems to agree with me. Oh well, I guess I'll just get the last laugh when people lose tournament matches over that stupid ledge :p

I warned you....

*cackles*

unknown522

Some guy
Hahaha. ^ Might be slightly true, haha.

I just think FD is more trouble than it is worth. I guess it's a moot point though, as no one seems to agree with me. Oh well, I guess I'll just get the last laugh when people lose tournament matches over that stupid ledge :p

I warned you....

*cackles*
lol, there's more worse things that can make you lose a tournament match (or set) like tripping, and interfering stages (basically all but like 2 of them). Seen it happen already.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
Steve, **** YOU!!! Sorry about the name. I went and fixed it but smashboards ****s and didn't fix it. Steve you're a tool! KirbyKaze was talking about camping to win tournies D***H*

C 3

Smash Ace
Battlefield = sexy.

Final Destination - Seems to be the "new battlefield" with the ******** edges, but FD is still a great place to fight on, so it needs to be neutral. If battlefield can be neutral in melee, FD in brawl has to be neutral IMO.

Delfino Plaza - Delfino's a cool stage, but it's like Ranbow Cruise 2.0. Moving stages can't be neutral IMO.

Lylat Cruise = Sex for kids with ADD (aka smashers haha j/k that includes me too)

Smashville - Another great stage, very little to complain about, but I think battlefield is the overall best now.

Yoshi's Island - A little fruity, but good stage.

Pokemon Stadium - Battlefield had really lame sides too, but it was a neutral. The windmill is hella gay now, but it doesn't really benefit any one character, so how do u use it as a CP?

Frigate Orpheon - The random flips are soooooooo stupid and can really screw over some1 at crucial times IMO. BAN THAT!!

Distant Planet, Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Corneria, Rainbow, Green Hill Zone, Curcuit, Japes - Agreed. CP.

Norfair - BAN THAT!! Way too many interruptions, including having to jump into that little capsule thing... hella gay.

Electroplankton - Leaves block some attacks, can ruin crucial moments......... ban.

Castle Siege - Shoudl be banned due to the walls changing in height/width randomly between transformations.

Mansion for Neutral, Dream Land had the same quality with proper DI and it was a neutral, so mansion is no different.

Skyworld for CP, nothing too wrong with it

Green greens for potential CP, it used to be back in the day...

alphameric

Smash Ace
mute citys (GC) changing skybox is worse than castle seige =/
also, while i personally dont hate skyworld, picking ike and going there is hilarious

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
mute citys (GC) changing skybox is worse than castle seige =/

... =/ Adrian, are you saying that the "skybox" in Mute City (Melee, right?) got bigger and smaller..?

I really hope not, because if this is what you've believed, it's proving your lack of knowledge of Melee...

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Well when you're floating on the platform...don't you get closer to the ceilling or something? Or does the whole level just shift and somehow stay the same.

Realism is melee is lacking. Freaking talking foxes and electric mice.

alphameric

Smash Ace
On mute city the skybox adjusted during the transitions of certain stops.
Whether or not the skybox changed, or the main stage is moved closer to the edges, is irrelevant since it made it easier to kill at those times.

Castle Siege is the same way, it only seems more pronounced because of the transitioning 'floor' which is dynamically built under the 'lowest' player.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
a couple of ways it can gay you out.

On mario circuit - chaingrab->any side for a stock

im tired thats all i can think of thats happened to me. :(

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
There are MANY more courses that need to be looked at if the Dedede chaingrab is that big of a problem.
True. But I was referring to CGs against the wall. Its a problem when there is a wall thats part of a level for a long time. I suppose rainbow cruise is ok, its just the ship part. But for Green greens, if you're grabbed anywhere on the level except the platforms, it pretty much leads to the wall. The wind would stop it if the CG is happening in the middle of the level, but the wind doesn't come often enough. Plus the low ceiling, DDD doesn't have to grab as many times before he can kill you off the top with d-smash.

It's pretty much like fox's shine against the wall in melee, except this is 10x easier to do.

Honestly I think Final Destination gives projectile abusers (especially Snake) a great advantage, moreso than in Melee. And then there are those edges. I think it actually needs to be looked at and not just "flat -> neutral".

D

Deleted member

I think we should have every stage on for doubles as singles for the first tournament, and test it over time.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Jake, Idk if you edit this shiz, but I'd like to make my Brawl biweekly using your stages. So if you can edit and fix up what you think is tournament legal stage, please liek.. pm me or something.

Also, Brawlers check up the Alphamale Biweeklies. :D

btw, if we get a good amount of setups from Brawlers, we can do pools. But thats if we can get those setups.

D

Deleted member

yeah, go ahead really, i mean unless there are some glaring issues which i doubt there are, it should be fine to play with

plus people can debate the small issues at venue

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hannenbrow banned for singles.

I think we all saw why yesterday, but if you didn't, its waaay too large, and the large mount of edges+ plus the fact that the leaves move as attacked is retarted.

alphameric

Smash Ace
Hannenbrow banned for singles.

I think we all saw why yesterday, but if you didn't, its waaay too large, and the large mount of edges+ plus the fact that the leaves move as attacked is retarted.
No fucking way,.
Ban Norfair before you ban Hanenbow.

Norfair is just as big, has KOing hazards, and double the edges of Hanenbow (6-3).

The leaves moving are just johns.
Sure I don't like the stage, but that is why I ban it when playing against certain players/characters.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
^ Agreed. I personally don't see that much wrong with Hanenbow. I think we should make a list of all the stages in questions and go through them, discussing them thoroughly and making sure we know exactly what we're doing when we allow or ban them.

Top Bottom