• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest nana lock on Metaknight

AfroChimp

Smash Cadet
get ***** ripple

Actually, I did discover this. Do you see the Japanese video of Naghahahari9 vs that ZSS? He started it with a dair, not an airdodge.

Case and point. ADHD combo.

Actually I do have a new discovery though.

Down forward glide toss > jump instant throw it down, airdodge catch and turn around into this. It works on characters with barely any distance when they trip, such as sonic. It does work on Metaknight, but the spacing for it is retardedly impractical that you probably won't get it.
lol ima use dis

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Actually, I did discover this. Do you see the Japanese video of Naghahahari9 vs that ZSS? He started it with a dair, not an airdodge.

Case and point. ADHD combo.

Actually I do have a new discovery though.

Down forward glide toss > jump instant throw it down, airdodge catch and turn around into this. It works on characters with barely any distance when they trip, such as sonic. It does work on Metaknight, but the spacing for it is retardedly impractical that you probably won't get it.
You didn't discover that either. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274967
Remember this?

sai_:)

Smash Ace
This infinite seems to have been made by a combination of either grizz or the japanese diddys and now adhd. It doesnt really matter who gets credit imo heres my question

When we FIRST found out about this stuff...why did we wait this long to pursue it as a group? Granted the footstool one was a lot harder but I feel like as soon as the grizzfinite thing was found, we all should have jumped on this stuff like immediately. Why was everyone so against this stuff like 6 months ago?

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
Are you ****ing kidding me? I don't really give a **** if you are trolling or not I'm going to straight up say this:

When you walk into a ****ing thread that explains the technique and ***** and whine about how you a technique is "too hard" and then call me an IDIOT and a LIAR (How the fk was I lying about anything??) do you really think you are going to get any respect? I told you what to do; keep trying. Anyone with half a fking brain can study the video that p1 posted and re-read ADHD's original post.
You lied about me giving up. I never said that.

NOOB!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
who cares who actually found it if it was found or if its a slight change?

Grizzinfinite sounds better than adhdinite anyway.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
You lied about me giving up. I never said that.

NOOB!
No offense to you avengingtheknight, but you are complaining about the difficulty of a situational (if even slightly) AT, you've already said you get 3 stocked by mks, and you only have like 150 posts.

You may consider just worrying about getting good with diddy as a whole before you start trying to do stuff like this.

I've recently decided the same, my diddy is pretty good, but I don't think I should be using much effort on learning stuff like this, because I know there are more basic things that I need to make sure I have down to near perfect. This kinda stuff is for individuals who have already gotten their diddy to a level where they don't even worry about doing all the lesser AT's.

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah just to clarify (ripple >.>).

Someone named Grizz came up with this method of SNLing someone into a pivot banana toss down on the ground back into the SNL hence we called it the grizzfinite. Recently a video of Naghari doing the grizzfinite to a ZSS and now people think the Japanese discovered it first for which all I know COULD be true (assuming they never put it into practice until now), but the first sign of it from our perspective was by Grizz a couple of months ago. ADHD has now discovered a new VARIATION of it which makes it MUCH EASIER. Hence he discovered the VARIATION, not the infinite in whole, most of that would be credited to Grizz which is why my vid says discovered by ADHD Credit to Grizz.

but who really gives a **** about who discovered it first it doesn't really matter >.>

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
could someone make a video of my infinite variation? on a CPU set to walk, banana D-throw(while facing away from your opponent), turn around then SNL, Banana down throw and then just repeat the steps.

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
No offense to you avengingtheknight, but you are complaining about the difficulty of a situational (if even slightly) AT, you've already said you get 3 stocked by mks, and you only have like 150 posts.

You may consider just worrying about getting good with diddy as a whole before you start trying to do stuff like this.

I've recently decided the same, my diddy is pretty good, but I don't think I should be using much effort on learning stuff like this, because I know there are more basic things that I need to make sure I have down to near perfect. This kinda stuff is for individuals who have already gotten their diddy to a level where they don't even worry about doing all the lesser AT's.
lol at Post count = Skill level, and your inability to detect trolling.

that's why you'll always be a wifi scrub thinking with a crappy logic like that =D

but congrads, you're almost as good as rich brown already ;)

(cause ya know, he sucks)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
k did it in tournament.

my initial setup. they rolld to me. lol

one was a snake i got him to like 110%

and the other was an mk which i got to 230%

%'s shouldve been other way around but oh well.

the matches were recorded

ALSO i tried so hard to do this infinite to luigi only to find myself getting killed from upb xD

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dfear, how do you do it to snake and falco >.>
want me to upload a vid for each of them? or explain?

for snake its like how u would infinite d3, once ur in the process of pivoting around and throwing the banana down you HAVE to di CLOSER to snakes torso than u would mk for example, the same applies to falco just make sure not to hit falcos boots because then the banana would fly off in a tangent

Player-1

Smash Legend
are you sure it's possible on everyone except luigi? I can't get it on squirtle, his body is too small for the instant throw to reach him unless you wait to do the instant throw, but if you wait you can't recatch the banana because you're too far

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
are you sure it's possible on everyone except luigi? I can't get it on squirtle, his body is too small for the instant throw to reach him unless you wait to do the instant throw, but if you wait you can't recatch the banana because you're too far
Luigi is about to become competitively viable again...

Ban Luigi.

I guess it doesn't work on Luigi due to the floatiness, right?

QUIVO

Smash Master
I couldn't figure out how to do it by just watching the japanese videos, but adhd's explanation made it easy to understand. This is not a very difficult technique at all lol.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
want me to upload a vid for each of them? or explain?

for snake its like how u would infinite d3, once ur in the process of pivoting around and throwing the banana down you HAVE to di CLOSER to snakes torso than u would mk for example, the same applies to falco just make sure not to hit falcos boots because then the banana would fly off in a tangent

upload :glare:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
This seems to be such a viable technique that it makes the MU with MK 50-50 again.
Ban Diddy Kong.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
could you guys just stop arguing about who discovered it and just learn the damn infinite? i couldnt care less if the japanese actually found it first xD

Staco

Smash Champion
This seems to be such a viable technique that it makes the MU with MK 50-50 again.
Ban Diddy Kong.
The matchup allready is close to even.
This will probably make Diddy even more broken than MK ever was, if Diddy players can find good setups for this ...
It works on all characters, except Luigi, ICs??

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I know I don't belong on this board, and I'm new here, but this shouldn't HYPOTHETICALLY change the matchup, since this is just a simpler version of an old technique. Of course it WILL change things, but MUs are determined by the highest level of play. Making the technique easier shouldn't change the MU since people should HYPOTHETICALLY have this perfected anyway.
Is there any difference between this and the original other than it being easier and working on more characters?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
nah dair/ff is stupid, while instant throwing/airdodge IS easier...requires no physical strain on ur thumbs at all and the infinite does itself.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I have an idea:

MK Glide attacks your shield.

Jump out of shield and grounded foot stool him and start the foot stool nanner lock

then move into the ADHD Naner lock

Top Bottom