• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest nana lock on Metaknight

napZzz

Smash Hero
this reminds me of akumas raging demon in ssf4.

an overpowered type attack, but with limited setups. Someone should make a thread and people should work together to find different ways to set it up on every character and keep a list of them. It would make this alot easier to work with

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
so this works on everyone except luigi? gay.

using it to punish any predicted spotdodge or roll sounds completely viable. just wondering if the player could gradually sdi to the edge of the stage, though.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea i cant get it to work consistently on squirtle either but it does work on pikachu who is just as big :\

Gnes

Smash Master
I have an idea:

MK Glide attacks your shield.

Jump out of shield and grounded foot stool him and start the foot stool nanner lock

then move into the ADHD Naner lock
a perfect glide attack cant be punished, but i get your point, and i agree, if u know there gonna mis-space it, might as well...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
this infinite restricts a player from rolling towards u (and if he does...then punish with the infinite), limiting his own options thus creating further/easier punishes later on in the match.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ive come to a conclusion. a true diddy main can do the airdodge grizzinfinite while non-diddy mains cant :troll:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I main Diddy though. I think it's just the fact that I am so used to the SNL and I am finding it hard to get used to the air dodge.

Staco

Smash Champion
I know I don't belong on this board, and I'm new here, but this shouldn't HYPOTHETICALLY change the matchup, since this is just a simpler version of an old technique. Of course it WILL change things, but MUs are determined by the highest level of play. Making the technique easier shouldn't change the MU since people should HYPOTHETICALLY have this perfected anyway.
Is there any difference between this and the original other than it being easier and working on more characters?
Since in the mid 2010 metagame nobody used this technic it wasn´t an aspect of the MU rating of people.
Why do you think matchups change from time to time? (because people develop the MU, find new technics, use this technics in tourney -> change of the metagame)
And this will be a big change of the metagame, if people really start using this technic effectively in tourney.

Gnes

Smash Master
The problem with this is the nature of the technique is that it will cause a certain higher focus on elements in the matchup, while other things are less focused on. I fail to believe a lock is something that can become fully implemented into a regular playstyle, in other words subconsciously because there must be a conscious effort used to think "hey I'm gonna go for this lock." Basically when the infinite becomes a primary goal, other things will go unpunished, or punished but not to the fullest extent.

It's too early to say if this will change the matchup, especially in a advantageous way right now.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well of course the MU discussion shouldn't be touched before this technique gets popular in tourneyplay.
And to above poster: That has nothing to do with the MU, it's just a personal weakness or just being a bad player overall. It has no no impact on the MU.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
@gnes. hence why u do not use it as a primary focus of a match but instead as a punish if they roll into you or a read spotdodge etc etc.

we all know we could punish with a good 20-50%+ but this infinite can provide the for sure lead even if we dont kill with it

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I've discovered some good things. I'll post a video late tonight

Gnes

Smash Master
@gnes. hence why u do not use it as a primary focus of a match but instead as a punish if they roll into you or a read spotdodge etc etc.

we all know we could punish with a good 20-50%+ but this infinite can provide the for sure lead even if we dont kill with it
True...I'll attempt to do just that hobo this weekend and comeback with my results from the experiment.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Hahahaha, well I'll shut up, but I doubt everyone else is asleep at the wheel :)...so to speak

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm able to do the first part, but I'm having a problem linking the whole thing together. Any tips?
I do it with two separate actions so my hand doesn't lock up.

1.d-throw banana and then buffer jump
2. when diddy jumps input R+down, then buffer air dodge immediately.
3. AS soon as Diddy throws the banana down, push your control stick towards your opponent
4. When you land on teh ground turn around and repeat/

volume

Smash Apprentice
possibly in another dimension named winnipeg
i just tested its amazingly fun lol how come it doesnt work on like falco and pika? i cant get it on them =o nor fox maybe i am doing it wrong lol but i did it on metaknight zss and ddd edit: forgot to add ddd is much harder and i could only do it like 3 times.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
u can do it to every single character but luigi and squirtle characters such as pika/d3/snake/falco require u to di towards their torso because when the banana hits their feet/legs the banana flies off in a tangent

Sails

Smash Ace
I would like to point something useful out about Snake.
Since I've got this down so well against MK, I figured I'd give it a few goes on Snake. Immediately I noticed that you actually throw the banana under Snake's legs if you do it too fast, causing him to trip on the banana as if he walked on it. However, if you wait a frame or two before performing the buffered turnaround dthrow, it'll work. A great visual cue for this is wait for Snake to finish his fish out of water dance and right when you see his head pop up in to the sitting position, throw it. I can now take Snake to places such as 100%250% land with this (Yes, on walk), I just hope it doesn't ruin my in-progress MK mastery.

Top Bottom