• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest nana lock on Metaknight

ADHD

Smash Hero
Easiest nana lock on Metaknight
Well, basically, this should be known but no one has been using it, so I don't want to hear whether it's obvious or not.

People have been using the auto-canceled dair forever on the recatch, and while this does work, there's a much easier and consistent way to do this.

Just SH over metaknight, throw it down with the c-stick, and recatch it using an airdodge. Right before this airdodge, be sure to tilt your control stick in the direction that metaknight has tripped over to, and then buffered turn around down throw the banana. After that, instant throw it back down and recatch it with another airdodge, buffered turn around down throw--repeat.

This is so easy, we can use it to stall the match by keeping him in the lock forever. It took me a half hour to get this under muscle memory, but then after that and even now, I'm doing it at ease. I literally did this to 548 percent on a computer 30 seconds ago. Since it covers such a little part of the stage, you can use it anywhere.

Applications? If Metaknight tornados your shield and lands directly in front or back of you, use it. If there is enough time, you can also follow his tornado and during the lag dash over there. If you powershield Metaknight's downsmash, use it. I'm working on some other stuff that I had in mind, but this is promising. All you have to do to kill Metaknight at any %, is realistically short hop - down throw the banana over him. If it trips, GG.

This also works on anyone with a trip animation shorter or equal to Metaknight's distance. AKA: Snake, falco, diddy kong, ZSS, Samus, Link, etc. You get the idea, however, the timing and spacing is slightly different for these characters (except diddy kong's, who's trip animation is exactly the same length as MK's).

Yikarur

Smash Master
really nice, I want to see a video :) don't forget that there is an anti stalling rule in most tournament that doesn't allow you to go over 300%.

ADHD

Smash Hero
FYI, on battlefield, the timing is much stricter due to the platforms. Just be sure your body is instant throwing before it goes past the platform ground, otherwise you will throw the banana on the platform instead of back onto MK's head.

S.N.P

Smash Rookie
Looks like I'm gonna have to get better at reads to utilize this properly. This makes the match up...a little more interesting.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Are you sure that they can't just roll back? you are practicing on a computer which is always going to be rolling into you when you set it to walk.

Yikarur

Smash Master
both can be initiated in the same frame and have incinbility from frame 1, it doesn't make a difference.

DFEAR

Smash Hero

@wyatt

dood i got it. but two problems keep happening to me. the banana would sometimes randomly fly off in a tangent...explanations :\?

(ill try uploading this)

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
You don't has the banana skillz. :troll:

If you're dthrowing it on their feet, the banana sometimes likes to act gay, that's why it's better to try and get an SNL that leads up to the infinite or punish like ADHD said. :I

Player-1

Smash Legend
dair makes you auto FF which is what I thought made using dair easier because I thought you had to FF the air dodge if you did the air dodge method and I always considered that harder, so you're saying that no FF has to be done? Have you tested this on a CPU set to walk?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hmm, looks promising. good stuff with this. y'all should learn this, cuz if all the diddies can take out all the MKs and Falcos then ill be happier =]

DFEAR

Smash Hero
recorded of wut it kinda looks like...will beuploading shortly :3

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I found a way that is easier than this!!!!!!!! All you have to do is Grizzfinite. Then when you do the turn around and throw the banana down to continue the infinite, you turn around again to face away from your opponent. this will give you more control over the banana and will allow to throw the banana down without having to turn around.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I found a way that is easier than this!!!!!!!! All you have to do is Grizzfinite. Then when you do the turn around and throw the banana down to continue the infinite, you turn around again to face away from your opponent. this will give you more control over the banana and will allow to throw the banana down without having to turn around.
but the turn around isn't even the hard part...

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
but the turn around isn't even the hard part...
It is a lot easier for Diddy to control the banana distance when he is facing away from his opponents. I found the greatest set up for this but I can't reveal it here. Lets just say that even with out the infinite, just the fact that they know we have it will help Diddy kill a lot earlier!!!!!

Player-1

Smash Legend
if you use this air dodge method then you get even more control than yours...that is if it works with FFing

I thought with 25 people viewing this thread, there was something actually worth reading.

Why do we care to post to this kind of stuff?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
waiting for video as well.

Also...all of this comes back to the SBR:

We will not ban MK because people will eventually learn to fight him...as in this and other similar techniques.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
please edit ur post, cause someone, pro ban, is going to respond, and it will be a long drawn out war once again.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Grizz discovered the foundations of it hence why it's called the grizzfinite, except grizz's way was with an AC dair, ADHD's way is the same except replace the dair with an airdodge. The advantage to this is that timing is not as strict when catching the banana and also cancelling the dair also since you're not getting the auto FF effect you have A LOT more maneuverability so you can potentially infinite more characters in the cast, actually I just tested it on Yoshi and you can do this on Yoshi, but you couldn't do the AC dair version on Yoshi.

btw, my internet is being a bit slow right now so it might be another 30 minutes or so before I get it, if you want to see what it kind of looks like then this is it except you're doing a continuous turn around with an AC dair instead of an airdodge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN8n-oLtge4

ADHD

Smash Hero
I thought with 25 people viewing this thread, there was something actually worth reading.

Why do we care to post to this kind of stuff?
Are you trolling, or are you just plain dumb?

Actually, I think you're really dumb and need a bit of flaming.

Top Bottom