• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

Kantrip

Kantplay
@MOD: T-block is replacing out, I will be playing on this account.

I think Gheb disliking Badwolf is not legit and he's just going with it for the easy lynch.

Gheb, prove me wrong. Why is Badwolf scum? Exclude his claim.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
Badwulf, instead of doing nothing;
Why don't you actually put some effort into the game and not sit on your claim ?
I will legit lynch you and not give a dam if your town if you keep being totally useless / un-cooperative with the thread.

There's actually nothing your doing; Your not pushing anything; You can't even commit to using this "power" and you can't explain it because "ooooh, i'm too scared", please, that's bs.

I also find it highly unlikely that your role passively gains control of the first town pr to disappear, especially in a game where someone has already claimed there power's being stolen.

To top it off, you throw out the idea of using your power , but it's clear you have little intention to.

Saying "i don't want to kill glyph, even though having him around is like keeping a dead body around, I'm not going to tell you why, i have someone else in mind, but i'm not going to name them, because if i do, that holds me to it and i know i'll be lynched next day in a hot second if it doesnt happen.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think Gheb disliking Badwolf is not legit and he's just going with it for the easy lynch.

Gheb, prove me wrong. Why is Badwolf scum? Exclude his claim.
I'm growing really tired of your laughable accusations, of you not reading and of you just being generally bad in this game.

[QUOTE="Gheb @post #935]I will say however, that I'm willing to switch to Badwolf as well. Not only is his reaction to my [legitimate] call-out way too harsh - even for his standards - but the fact that he's been pushing a playerslot that's dead while failing to drop a vote anywhere definitely shows how much he's paying attention. I've seen townies skim a bit in the past but not to that extent. I'm REALLY uncomfortable with how frozen justifies his push against Badwolf though. There's no way that there's not a scumbag between Glyph, frozen and Badwolf in my book. Vig should feel free to shoot whomever of those guys doesn't get lynched.[/QUOTE]

I've already pointed this out yesterDay and Badwolf has not responded to any of these points. And if you actually read the thread you'd realize that his claim is the only thing that makes me question my scumread on him. So you've got pretty much everything backwards. Calling him an "easy target" just goes to show how little you've been keeping up with this game. At the moment Badwolf is not making a big secret out of him being in favor of shooting me so in fact he's quite the opposite of an easy target for me. Badwolf is definitely not the "easy" target in this game - that would be Glyph, frozen and you.

You are not playing this game, Kantrip. You've just been cruising along and kept away from the spotlight and it's starting to show because you have no clue what's happening in this game.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^ formatting error >_<

Why do you have a problem with me supposedly taking the "easy" target but you're letting frozen get away with it? You've singled out Vult and me earlier toDay but seemingly let frozen get away with whatever he wants to. That's not cool. Would you have a problem with Badwolf shooting him or him getting lynched toDay?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
There's actually nothing your doing; Your not pushing anything; You can't even commit to using this "power" and you can't explain it because "ooooh, i'm too scared", please, that's bs.

I also find it highly unlikely that your role passively gains control of the first town pr to disappear, especially in a game where someone has already claimed there power's being stolen.
Ness, Town Provisional Backup. Now stop your ********.

:applejack:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
kantrip replaces t-spin and rockin replaces glyph. deadline has been extended by 24 hours to compensate the last minute replacement making it 11:59:59 pm est march 16th

thanks a lot rockin! ill see if i can convince no hetero to pay you a visit

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay everyone. I'll be honest.

I've just been told about the replacement a moment ago. so now, I'm going to start reading up on this game in the next half hour or so.

if you have any questions, please address them NOW.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I was asking you to tell me why he's scum, not because I didn't think you'd already done that. And I was asking you to exclude his claim, not because I thought that was your main reason.

I was honestly just wanting to hear what there is against Badwolf because, yes, I haven't been reading and no, I don't know what's happening.

All I wanted was for you to tell me why he's scum, and I wasn't making any assumptions. So your points are that he reacted harshly to your callout on him and he has been skimming hardcore?

Would it not make sense that scum would be just as careful not to push for a dead player, if not more so? I fail to see how that is a point for someone being scum. That level of skimming, to the point where they don't even realize the player they want dead is already dead, is a null tell because it's so bad and NEITHER ALIGNMENT should be inclined to skim that hard. As far as reacting to your callout, well I don't remember how that went down but I'm going to assume it wasn't something to lynch someone over.

I recall having more points for AM, and good ones too. What happened to lynching that slot? Has Vult really been doing that much of a better job.

I don't like lynching FF/Glyph today because it's D3 and those are policy lynches. We can push them to do stuff, get out vig to kill them, or push for them to be prodded or what have you, but I'm not comfortable with lynching them at this phase.

If Badwolf is a good lynch then I'm down for that, but with the points you've given me so far I'm yet to be convinced of it. Past that, I'd like Vult to be looked into.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh hey Glyph got replaced. Now we can stop assuming he's lurking with scum intent and assume he was so busy he had to replace out.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok well if we're all content to just sit around and let badwolf swing his alleged gun around and let that dictate how we decide to move today, maybe we should actually ya know, start taking some steps to get this whole daykill decision take care of.

If you're gonna shoot someone start telling us who and why. And if we're gonna debate about this then can we please start talking about it? Like seriously we can't pretend like we're gonna decide who to daykill if badwolf even can do so, and then magically come to consensus on a useful lynch both on the last day before deadline or something

whether you're shooting to trim the fat or actually have a good scum read, get this discussion in motion please

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Oh hey Glyph got replaced. Now we can stop assuming he's lurking with scum intent and assume he was so busy he had to replace out.
Actually I wanted him gone because he would have been a wild card at lylo and that would have been awful.

Now that he is replaced I still kind of think he should claim because it will make our lives easier and we could decide a lot faster whether he should stay on the table for lynch or not.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Would it not make sense that scum would be just as careful not to push for a dead player, if not more so? I fail to see how that is a point for someone being scum. That level of skimming, to the point where they don't even realize the player they want dead is already dead, is a null tell because it's so bad and NEITHER ALIGNMENT should be inclined to skim that hard.
I think scum is more likely to do it though. It's always been that way.

As far as reacting to your callout, well I don't remember how that went down but I'm going to assume it wasn't something to lynch someone over.
I want Glyph, frozen or you lynched toDay fyi. You seem to think Badwolf is my top priority lynch because my vote's on him.

I recall having more points for AM, and good ones too. What happened to lynching that slot? Has Vult really been doing that much of a better job.
In my opinion, he has been doing that much of a better job. Feel free to disagree and point out how and why I'm wrong. I'm always open to new, unconventional stances.

I don't like lynching FF/Glyph today because it's D3 and those are policy lynches. We can push them to do stuff, get out vig to kill them, or push for them to be prodded or what have you, but I'm not comfortable with lynching them at this phase.
Wouldn't call them policy lynches and even if they were policy lynches I don't see how that's a reason not to finally get rid of them once and for all. You seem to think that the fact that they are policy lynches makes it less likely that they are scum [or at least you make it look that way to me] but I think that's a dangerous line of thinking. Imo something is wrong when somebody is still considered a policy lynch on Day 3. If you really want 1.5 question marks in lylo then I guess you wouldn't mind having them around but I don't want such a scenario to occur.

Also, since you don't seem to have an issue with Glyph getting vigged would you be helpful enough to also make it clear to Badwolf that he should kill Glyph soon? You understand that we have to assume his claim to be a lie if he doesn't make a decision soon? The longer we have to wait on him, the more we will scramble to get a decent lynch toDay, which is the last thing we'd want.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Badwolf

If you're not going to kill Rockin could you at least make it perfectly clear whom you're in favor of killing in your next post? We're a bit short on time toDay and I think the person you plan to shoot should be given a chance to claim right in time. I don't wanna become louder about this then necessary but I don't think Weak Doc is the only townie PR we have so if you're unsure on whether or not to take the risk and potentially expose a PR you should probably opt to shoot Rockin.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rockin, try and catch up as fast as you can.

Badwolf tell us who you are shooting and why as soon as possible.

Midterms today so crap.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
It sounds like several wanted me to claim, so I shall do that noq

I am Picky, vanilla townie.

*resumes Re-reading*

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
It sounds like several wanted me to claim, so I shall do that noq

I am Picky, vanilla townie.
Hmm. /:

If you're not going to kill Rockin could you at least make it perfectly clear whom you're in favor of killing in your next post? We're a bit short on time toDay and I think the person you plan to shoot should be given a chance to claim right in time. I don't wanna become louder about this then necessary but I don't think Weak Doc is the only townie PR we have so if you're unsure on whether or not to take the risk and potentially expose a PR you should probably opt to shoot Rockin.
In that case, a lot of this ^^^

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, I couldn't read up from D1 to current due to how much god damn words is there, but I did manage to read up from this current Day to now. One word I have in mind: EWWWW.

Badwolf, wtf? Your claim is nasty and the way you brought it up has tainted my belief in you being town.All you had to do was simply claim your character name and role in one sweep. The way you claimed was horrid. Seemed like you chose to use a claim to save your ass from possible lynching.

I didn't feel like defending myself the long way. I'm not sure, but I'd rather not risk losing it for fear of using it.

Effing terrible reasoning.You have a power. You should use it when the time calls for it (and when you claim Vig, more then likely you have to use that power asap).

I want to shoot Gheb. I also want you to claim.

No, that's not how it's going to work.

I don't know what Glype did, but from the sounds of it, he wasn't being too helpful. As much as I dislike this, your only option is to shoot me. Right now.

If you do this, you can prove your innocence and I (not to mention others) won't be convinced to lynching you outright. Shooting anyone else would doom town ( and I'm sure you don't want that type of backlash).

Choice is yours, but if your next post isn't a shot, I'm voting you outright (and so will others at this point)

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Okay, I couldn't read up from D1 to current due to how much god damn words is there, but I did manage to read up from this current Day to now. One word I have in mind: EWWWW.

Badwolf, wtf? Your claim is nasty and the way you brought it up has tainted my belief in you being town.All you had to do was simply claim your character name and role in one sweep. The way you claimed was horrid. Seemed like you chose to use a claim to save your *** from possible lynching.

Effing terrible reasoning.You have a power. You should use it when the time calls for it (and when you claim Vig, more then likely you have to use that power asap).

No, that's not how it's going to work.

I don't know what Glype did, but from the sounds of it, he wasn't being too helpful. As much as I dislike this, your only option is to shoot me. Right now.

If you do this, you can prove your innocence and I (not to mention others) won't be convinced to lynching you outright. Shooting anyone else would doom town ( and I'm sure you don't want that type of backlash).

Choice is yours, but if your next post isn't a shot, I'm voting you outright (and so will others at this point)
I'm not sure if this post is good or bad but I like it.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I meant that it's a thoughtful post considering Rockin just replaced in. I just think it's counter-intuitive to ask to be shot, regardless of alignment.

No "back door" there. If you needed clarification, just ask.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Dissipoint.

Unvote Vote: Badwolf

Alright everyone, it's apparant that he doesn't want to do what I simply ask. May as well end the day and get it over with.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
BADWULF IS AT L-2.

Rockin go read day one ;

this push to lynch wulf is just wtf.

Plus, what made this day so bad for wulf. From YPOV ?

Your going to have to do better than "it looks like he claimed to save his ass" to push this.
Seriously, it's silly to think that Badwulf is sitting at L-2 for what amounts to "well he claimed so weird guys" no one has yet to explain his reasoning as scum to do this;

because i honestly see now way this benefits his possible third member other than to make this thread more of a cluster-****.

i think scum is somewhere on that wagon and I'm trying to figure it out; but needless to say if you vote wulf after this expect me to be on your ***.

Gheb, has rockin done anything to effect your read on glyph, because honestly his content is almosr irrelevant to me because he hasn't even bothered to read the whole game yet. I'm actually still perfecty fine with that slot dying.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
BADWULF IS AT L-2.

Rockin go read day one ;

this push to lynch wulf is just wtf.

Plus, what made this day so bad for wulf. From YPOV ?

Your going to have to do better than "it looks like he claimed to save his ***" to push this.
Seriously, it's silly to think that Badwulf is sitting at L-2 for what amounts to "well he claimed so weird guys" no one has yet to explain his reasoning as scum to do this;

because i honestly see now way this benefits his possible third member other than to make this thread more of a cluster-****.

i think scum is somewhere on that wagon and I'm trying to figure it out; but needless to say if you vote wulf after this expect me to be on your ***.

Gheb, has rockin done anything to effect your read on glyph, because honestly his content is almosr irrelevant to me because he hasn't even bothered to read the whole game yet. I'm actually still perfecty fine with that slot dying.

Again, as I've stated before, reading from D1 to now was a bit more for me to do then expected in such short time (granted, I've read like 2-4 pages worth of information so far). I still want to do it, but I thought I at least explain my thoughts of what went down on this day thus far.

Right now, there's nothing that's convincing me he is town. Nothing. Either he's scum, or he's anti-town. In either case, his actions and words are not helping our cause for townies and I rather get rid of that. He claims he wants to kill Gheb, yet here he is, STILL procrasinating on pulling the trigger. I even offered him to shoot me (cause thus far, I don't see anyone else that really deserves a bullet or should die today) and he refuses to do that.

If you want to go against me, so be it. But I'm going to stick by my beliefs and wanting bad wolf lynched.

With that said, I'm going to resume reading up on D1, but my vote is not going to change anytime soon.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Again, as I've stated before, reading from D1 to now was a bit more for me to do then expected in such short time (granted, I've read like 2-4 pages worth of information so far). I still want to do it, but I thought I at least explain my thoughts of what went down on this day thus far.

Right now, there's nothing that's convincing me he is town. Nothing. Either he's scum, or he's anti-town. In either case, his actions and words are not helping our cause for townies and I rather get rid of that. He claims he wants to kill Gheb, yet here he is, STILL procrasinating on pulling the trigger. I even offered him to shoot me (cause thus far, I don't see anyone else that really deserves a bullet or should die today) and he refuses to do that.

If you want to go against me, so be it. But I'm going to stick by my beliefs and wanting bad wolf lynched.

With that said, I'm going to resume reading up on D1, but my vote is not going to change anytime soon.
He is also said he want Badwulf to shoot him reguardless of what happens today, me think Badwulf is not gonna listen and gonna shoot gheb reguardless of what happens.

Thoughts on that premace?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Your going to have to do better than "it looks like he claimed to save his ***" to push this.
Seriously, it's silly to think that Badwulf is sitting at L-2 for what amounts to "well he claimed so weird guys" no one has yet to explain his reasoning as scum to do this
Can you think of any reasons why Town would do what he is doing?

I personally am (mostly-) convinced that he has a Mafia power-stealing role and is using this opportunity to:
> scare claims out of the Town to narrow down power roles to kill/steal
> get away with offing a Town player and rationalizing it later by being like "grrr he made me mad so i kilt him"
> deliberately leave a wild-card on the table to eat a lynch/vig-shot later.

Why else would anyone even suggest killing Gheb over Glyph? I cannot think of other reasons. If he were Town and genuinely thought Gheb was scum he would still dayvig Glyph and then vote Gheb because that would be the Town thing to do.

Wolfscum + partner might not be thinking of long-run possibilities. He/they might have just seen this opportunity to kill an extra Townsperson and jumped for it. This is a good point though. I've thought about it before and it's a factor that makes me doubt this wagon a little bit.

I've toyed with the possibility that FF is pretending to be annoyed by Wolf to slip in an easy vote on him. A few factors make me doubt this though.
> FF seems generally annoyed all of the time, at least from what I can remember
> Wolf is being very annoying by refusing to cooperate with anyone. Being annoyed at him is justified
> Wolf vote is not an easy vote at all. If I were scum I wouldn't want to provoke a Town player who is claiming to have a vig shot and talks minimally about the details of his claim and his reads. That's a pretty scary spot to be in.

Gheb, FF, Rockin and I are sticking our necks out for this wagon when we could be trying to play nice and safe and cajole Wolf into shooting someone we want. For that reason, this wagon is more likely Town-fueled than Scum-fueled.

Alternatively, someone on the wagon could be bussing/distancing from Wolfscum as a partner, which might be possible I guess. We would have to think about that later after he flips though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Why else would anyone even suggest killing Gheb over Glyph? I cannot think of other reasons. If he were Town and genuinely thought Gheb was scum he would still dayvig Glyph and then vote Gheb because that would be the Town thing to do.
Before or after Rockin replaced in?

Even before that he offered that we lynch Glyph and shoot Gheb, not a bad alternative, just not ideal.

Heck you even said earlier that inactive Glyph is why you wanted hm shot.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And that's why I want Gheb dead.
Because I'm not letting myself get fooled around by your empty threats? I'm not gonna claim just because you say you're gonna shoot me. I know you won't because you can't. You're scum and your claim is a lie. Otherwise you would've already shot Glyph before he got replaced.

Rockin can still die but unless Badwolf shoots him it's not happening toDay.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd feel better if we weren't lynching the guy would could prove himself at all.
Rofl @ people still thinking that Badwolf's claim is legit. He cannot prove himself because his claim is a lie. And that's why we should lynch him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Badwolf is scum:

- He's been buddying Swiss HARDBODY all game for no reason. Even when Swiss was under suspicion Badwolf just blatantly meatrode him.
- He's not made ANY input whatsoever. He has not pushed a single scum read all game and his catch-up posts have no content at all.
- He has not been reading anything either. Seriously, who the hell legit forgets that his former #1 lynch has already flipped town and continues to "push" the slot?
- Every singled player agreed that either Glyph is the playerslot Badwolf should use his ability on or that at least they aren't against it. It's obvious that town wants this to happen yet Badwolf doesn't do it.
- He claims to want to shoot me instead. Why? No reasoning offered whatsoever. But conveniently I had already made a legitimate case against him to which he has still not anwered. Before that he had mentioned me as a townread a couple of times in his catch-up posts and often agreed with me or pointed out how he likes post #XY of mine. But as soon as I point out how and why he is scummy he threatens to shoot me. [Similar things hold true @T-Spin and Ryu. Both keep mention me as on OK vig / lynch but never point out why or their reasoning has been pooped on Days ago].
- His claim is not very credible. We've already had two deaths each Night and now there is supposedly a Dayvig kind of role too? One that kills the target but not instantly but only after Day phase ends? This is like the ultimate cop-out claim because even if he pretended to shoot we'd have to wait until the end of the Day phase to see whether it's legit or not.
- Badwolf has been procrastinating on shooting way too long. Even with all players telling him to shoot Rockin - even Rockin himself - he has not shot him but instead threatened to shoot me depending on my claim. Even after I purposefully gave him a useless claim he wouldn't actually shoot me and said "this is why I want Gheb dead". That already says it all: Badwolf didn't inherit the ability to shoot from Swiss. His claim is a lie.
- Even if Badwolf shoots now he's been keeping us waiting for something he could and should have done earlier. If he shoots now we'd have to find a new lynch within approximately 24 hours. Do I have to point out that this is blatant anti-town behavior?

@Blue

But right now all the facts clearly point towards the notion that Badwolf did just claim to "save his ass". Right now he's living entirely on people having faith in the idea that he could theoretically "confirm" his claim [which is a fallacy - he could only confirm to have inherited Swiss' ability which is NOT indicative of alignment. It could still be a scum role, easily]. His claim has definitely saved his ass for sure because even now that it should become increasingly obvious that his claim is garbage people like Ryu are still naive enough to believe that he can prove himself and allow him to live on this very vague and weak assumption that stands in opposition to a mountain of damning facts. If ever a scenario came to pass where you could accuse somebody of "saving his ass" then it would have to be this scenario.

@Red

No, you are the one who has to give a better explanation than to say "nobody has shown us why he'd do that as scum". Because he plays scummy in such an obvious fashion we're supposed to question that it is scummy to begin with? Is that your justification to let him get away with stuff like what I pointed out above? By that logic you could justify any kind of scummy behavior because if it's so obviously scummy a scumbag wouldn't do it. Badwolf is not too scummy to be scum - he's too scummy to be town.

@Yellow

Two-man mafia team is possible especially if we entertain the [rather realistic] idea that an indy team exists as well. ToS and Pizza Mafia both worked that way. Wasn't it you who introduced the idea to begin with? You'd have enough reason to assume a two-man mafia to be not that unlikely. If we assume Ryu's claim to be legit for the moment there is an anti-town power that can either permanently disable town PRs or - even worse - make them their own. That's pretty damn powerful. Powerful enough to make the idea of a two-man team not look unreasonable from a game-balance point of view. So it's not safe to assume that Badwolf is town because he'd screw his final mafioso over - he may actually be the final mafioso.

But for the sake of the argument, we'll assume a three man team for the moment: do you really think it's that unlikely for Badwolfscum to behave like this? Both of your heads have played Ryu's Toonami Mafia. You've seen to what extremes Badwolf is capable of going when somebody finds out he's scum and pushes him, didn't you? With that in mind I don't think it's in any way unlikely for him to play like he does right now as scum. On the contrary - he seems to be prone to losing control over himself as soon as something like that happens to him as scum. In Toonami Mafia both of his scummates were alive when he suicided. It didn't seem to be much of a problem to him. Finally, there's still a chance that Badwolf is indy too.

So now that I've responded to your points and clearly showed that your arguments in no way decrease the chances that Badwolf is scum I'd like you to respond to my points and show why a townie would play like that - if you still think he's town that is.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero

Even before that he offered that we lynch Glyph and shoot Gheb, not a bad alternative, just not ideal.

Before. I feel a little bit better about the slot now that Rockin is playing it. However, if Wolf doesn't kill Rockin then Vig should still consider shooting him at Night.

You're going to be ready to hammer at deadline, yes?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero

Before. I feel a little bit better about the slot now that Rockin is playing it. However, if Wolf doesn't kill Rockin then Vig should still consider shooting him at Night.

You're going to be ready to hammer at deadline, yes?

Top Bottom