• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Setup Reveal, Player thoughts and etc. to come later. Thanks for taking over, marshy. I really appreciate it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
i didn't wanna die. i jus knew it woulda happened. same as I knew FF was scum, because he was still alive. Kanty/RR had been hard townreads since D1 and Rockin's stances the end of D3 were not scum opportunism, so I didnt think it would be a tricky decision.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
seriously though, all of us in the greenroom were like "omg pull the trigger on gheb badwolf gogogo" because it was hella unlikely he'd be lynched

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I also wanted to give a shout-out to Vult Redux who played an amazing game as the vig and made town's life a hell of a lot easier. Sorry 'bout lynching you, it was literally because I found your slot harder to read than the others that could have been scum.

Not sure if i'm gonna do a bunch of shoutouts this time around. A lot of what you saw from us was the Rake half, as I am actually quite a lurky player in when given the opportunity.

Also the setup was whack. I'm not saying that it didn't work or anything, but there was a lot of eccentric stuff going around and a large swing factor. I personally felt that having no idea what flipped power roles actually did was harsh on the town and kinda goes against the point of having a player's role revealed. I don't know if that was intentional but anyways.

Thanks for modding though, soup marshy. Enjoyed this one.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Pretty much regardless of occupants, a good portion of the stuff coming out of a hydra with me in it will be me. However when Kary was posting he was doing a hella solid job of it, and in less words too :D.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
waaaaaaaahhh noooooo ;_;

hahaha oh well, ggz all. I knew it was gonna be an uphill battle after Gheb got daykilled =(

That daykill realllllly ****ed us hard. I wasn't planning on having to be the scum anchor at all. Since I was just a mafia goon, I was approaching this game as an expendable, bussable mafiat right from the get go. I literally was trying to make it easy for my scummates to bus me, and use me as a tool for distancing and validating their planned fake claims, etc.

I'm really, really confident that Gheb would have been able to take the game home for the team had badwolf not made that shot. I really feel like that shot was the epitome of "you were right for the wrong reasons", but hey I can already hear the "lol well you were scum so thats biased" coming so I'll leave it at that.

Considering I was the only scum that town actually lynched, I think that we did pretty well as a scum team. Like yeah, think about that for a second. I was the only lynched mafiat. Considering we got ****ed by **** we couldnt really control in every other way, that was a solid run. Can't take away the credit for those good town kill shots though, it's basically what won y'all the game.

Knowing now that Kant was legitimately VT, I really, really regret my last NK decision. I picked Kant to kill because I was paranoid that he was just faking his VT claim in order to get me to kill RR or Rockin instead, so that he could live with some kind of power role. I kept thinking he was a tracker/watcher for some reason, which is why I came up with the sticky tape claim which would make him look like a liar if he came out and claimed he saw me do something. The way he was playing in the late game made me really feel like he wasn't showing his whole hand and that he had a PR up his sleeve that he was saving. I couldn't afford to let a question mark like that live till the final 3. The thing that especially made me paranoid was not only the fact that he claimed VT (a claim that didn't match his play at all from my perspective) but the fact that he said he was "rethinking everything" in that last post of his. I thought that that was an attempt by him to make me think that he was questioning his read on me, when in reality he was still deadset on me being scum, and was just trying to bait me into thinking I could win him over and thus, not kill him. Like I just kept getting all this self preservationist reads from him, which kept nagging "he's a PR and he's gonna **** you in then end if you don't kill him now".

Since I was more or less pigeonholed into that kill, I knew getting RR and rockin to turn on each other would be near impossible since I had already voiced support for the notion that RR was town. I really didn't have many options at that point though =/

Apoologies to my scum team for not really putting in the necessary work to be a big contributor to our effort. After my slow start I really just kinda decide I should stay expendable and do my best to support having Gheb be the team anchor. The fact that gheb never got to use his power either REALLLLLY ****ed us hard. In fact, I'm pretty sure if he hadn't been daykilled when he was, we would've have won the next day, or close to it. Can you ever forgive me Ghebro? I hope we can be scummies again sometime when I'm not playing like ****.

Props to RR and rockin for having that late game confidence. All I could really do at that point is hope to destabilize that confidence and it didn't work out. Gratz to the town and of course thanks for soup and marshy for hosting! 'twas fun =D

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Who would you have NKed if you was confident he was vanilla townie?

I honestly thought you NKed him so as to try and convince me that RR is the play XDD

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
probably would have killed you, since kant was so convinced that between me and you, I had to be Ghebs partner based on the way he interacted with our slots.

It's hard to say since I didn't really think about it when I was in the moment since I had already decided to kill kantrip, but yeah, I was def leaning toward killing you

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Gheb so sneaky!! I was onto him D2 and then dropped him because I he was good. :(

You guys should have let me claim aaaaaa. But I guess it worked out okay in retrospect.

This was a good game overall. I'll try to play here more often.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Gheb so sneaky!! I was onto him D2 and then dropped him because I he was good. :(

You guys should have let me claim aaaaaa. But I guess it worked out okay in retrospect.

This was a good game overall. I'll try to play here more often.
really felt the lynch on you was stupid. :c

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Really, I have no clue why Vult was lynched to begin with. He was like the best townie by far.

:059:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Haha yeah FF I wanted you to think I was still hiding a PR and just kill me xD

This was a really fun game. My Vult read was bad and I was clinging way too hard to things there, but at the other end of the spectrum I should've pushed my dislike of Gheb harder.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
well props to you kant, it sure as hell worked

Here's the mafia QT for those interested: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/DAXK4ruc6fXqL

Just finished readin the green room. I'm glad my claim was able to provide you all with some entertainment haha, I had to build the whole thing from scratch minus the character claim. My alternative was Ness's dad. Didn't have much to work with there lol

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
yo vult, please do stick around

would you have been able to shoot N3 if we had lynched rockin D3? Who would you have shot?

On an unrelated note, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but it can't just be me that thinks Gheb completely dropped the ball in dealing with BW's claim.
Suffice it to say though, that we will not lynch Badwolf toDay anyway so I'm not going to continue pushing him.
I still think you're lying about your claim though. Either admit it or shoot Glyph in your next post.

Vote Badwolf
I mean, no offence, but how do you explain a 180 like that?
That's before you ask the question of why BW would even lie about his claim.

I'll admit that getting shot in the face kinda screwed Gheb's chances, but it was not like our slot/Kantrip were not already taking swings at Gheb for his play. ehhh. consider this constructive criticism.

hell now i look back at this game maybe i'll do shoutouts. woo town

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
yo vult, please do stick around

would you have been able to shoot N3 if we had lynched rockin D3? Who would you have shot?
Thanks for shout-out! I thought you played well too.

And yup. I think I was getting bad vibes from T-spin at that point because I didn't get why he kept throwing my name around without pushing me hard. Soooo if Rockin were lynch I would've shot him maybe. Or FF.

And that reminds me. One major reason why I dropped Gheb was because he dropped me from his radar. At the time my guess was that he did that because he figured out I was Vig because off all the hints I was dropping.

TBG, however, I thought was buddying me hardcore. Even though I know him and like friendly banter with him I thought he was being a little too agreeable. That and his noncommittal weirdness with his vote at the end of D2 is why I shot him. s:

Also am unhappy with Wulf's play even though Gheb flipped scum. He threw off reads and wasted time and there was really no reason for acting like he did.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
"I've changed my mind because X" is a sufficient explanation. Had somebody asked I surely would've been able to pull something outa my ass.

180s happen all the time and hardly ever have something to do with alignment. In fact, due to the information disadvantage it's more difficult for a townie to be consistent and thus is more likely to pull an 180 than a scumag is.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
repost rather than edit

What's the problem with 180s?

I don't think you have a good townie explanation for why you changed your mind. I'm not saying that you can't come up with an explanation; but I think that whatever you come up with, there will be some faults to it.

The fact is that you pulled this 180 because of your scum motivations; you wanted BW to shoot Glyph, or to lynch BW, because you were scum. Having made that 180, it's on you to explain why you would do it as a townie, and why that makes more sense than you being scum.

My point is that I don't think you should have made that 180 because you can't adequately explain it.

Maybe you would have gotten away with it, but I doubt it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
"I've changed my mind because X" is a sufficient explanation. Had somebody asked I surely would've been able to pull something outa my ***.

180s happen all the time and hardly ever have something to do with alignment. In fact, due to the information disadvantage it's more difficult for a townie to be consistent and thus is more likely to pull an 180 than a scumag is.

my longer answer to you is that I don't think you would be able to find X, to pull something out.
whenever a townie makes a 180 they have a townie reason for making that 180, which is whatever they thought. scumbags have to make that **** up, and explaining **** that they have made up they are liable to slip up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I doubt it.
Why? I got away with virtually everything else all game. Justifying a 180 isn't that much of an issue.

Not trying to put you on blast here but if it's so easy for you to say these things now why didn't it show in your play? You were not the one who called me out on that 180 during the game. Or on anything else, really. The only one who was legitimately able to point out scummy behavior by me was Kantrip. If there's anybody in this game who has the right to make call-outs on me now it's him. Props to Kantrip for that & apologies that I called him a bad player.

And that's not just for you but for everybody who likes to talk smart post-game. Talk is cheap, my friend. If you think I'm scum then go ahead and get me lynched for it. But acting during post-game as if it has been clear all along is doodoo.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Why do I doubt it? Because I think you stuck your neck out too far, and it wasn't the sort of thing you could get away with.

But I don't need to get you lynched when you've already been shot in the face.

So we'll never really know how it would have played out; we just have our opinions.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why? I got away with virtually everything else all game. Justifying a 180 isn't that much of an issue.

Not trying to put you on blast here but if it's so easy for you to say these things now why didn't it show in your play? You were not the one who called me out on that 180 during the game. Or on anything else, really. The only one who was legitimately able to point out scummy behavior by me was Kantrip. If there's anybody in this game who has the right to make call-outs on me now it's him. Props to Kantrip for that & apologies that I called him a bad player.

And that's not just for you but for everybody who likes to talk smart post-game. Talk is cheap, my friend. If you think I'm scum then go ahead and get me lynched for it. But acting during post-game as if it has been clear all along is doodoo.

Thanks. I appreciate you saying that, and no hard feelings on insulting me. You had good reason :p

Top Bottom