• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Potassium, PLEASE explain your reason why Red Ryu is Town. I do not see it at all (and don't use his claim as proof)

Frozen Flame, best respond asap as to who you think is scum and why

and yes, I claimed Vanilla Townie

Kantrip

Kantplay
I honestly can't remember, which is a sign that I should be re-assessing it.

I recall there being a lot early in the game. T-block disagreed with my read and thought he was scum, but I was firm on RR town. It was something about how he was asking questions. You could just tell he wanted the answers and it wasn't just hollow fake scumhunting.

I'm irked that I'm waiting so long on FF to finish his claim properly....

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think Gheb disliking Badwolf is not legit and he's just going with it for the easy lynch.

Gheb, prove me wrong. Why is Badwolf scum? Exclude his claim.
It's the same feels I get when I say this.

I read what RR has to say about certain things and I can just tell he buys into what he's saying. It just feels like the real deal, and not disingenuous like Gheb's scumread on Badwolf was. Red Ryu's questions, comments on events, and other actions are all just working towards developing reads and it shows.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What's your Name?
3. Kraken Puns (Anomandaris_Rake/Kary)
4. Red Ryu
5. frozenflame751
11. DtJ Glyphmoney Rockin
13. T-Spin Double Kill (Potassium/T-Block) Potassium

Got Hurt and Collapsed...
9. traveling cat (King, Vanilla Townie)
8. Vinyl. (Gigyas, Mafia Almighty Idiot)
6. Ranmaru (Mr. Saturn, Vanilla Townie)
7. Gymmo Swiss (Paula, Town Gifted Child)
1. TBG (Ninten, Independent Telecummuticator (Survivor))
12. BadWolf28738 (Ness, Town Provisional Backup)
2. Aggressive Mediation (Ryker/WashedLaundry) Vult Redux (Poo, Town Combat Bodyguard
10. Circus Gheb_01 (Ghost of Starman, Mafia Interrupter)

Replacements
Gheb's flip of "Mafia Interrupter" sounds like it could be what took Red Ryu's ability.

I know you said to exclude his claim, but can you honestly see him making such a bold play like claiming a rare variant of a doctor role and then claiming to have lost all his abilities the next Day rather than play it out? Scum would not make that play, I refuse to believe RR is scum and I refuse to vote him.

I am confident enough that I will vote FF right now if he doesn't hurry his *** up.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Vig/Bodyguard
Weak Doctor
Backup
JoaT (Gifted child sounds like this rather than just a flat-out dayvig)
VT
VT
VT
VT
<my role>

Mafia Almighty Idiot (not sure on this role at all)
Mafia Interrupter (has a daykill)
Mafia Inventor

Independent Survivor (sounds like it can send messages)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I know you said to exclude his claim, but can you honestly see him making such a bold play like claiming a rare variant of a doctor role and then claiming to have lost all his abilities the next Day rather than play it out?

Yes.

God Yes.

Pointing out Mafia Interrupter is one of the reasons why I'm slightly hesitant on voting him. It's just.....ooooooy. LOL

Still gonna see if FF is gonna respond

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's ballsy and it's something I don't know if he'd even THINK of. "Hey I'll claim my ability got stolen after publicly outing it!"

Combat Bodyguard is a very weak protective role (who would even use the bodyguard ability) and there are no other protectives, and he claimed early. Meanwhile we have an Inventor claim with whack as **** abilities when I'm already pretty sure we had a JoaT.

But it doesn't even matter. Just wait until FF claims and this will be a lot less painful.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used my Pencil Eraser ability on Red Ryu night 1 since I wanted to test him and make sure he couldn't lie and just say "lol i'm being roleblocked" all game as a cop out for having to produce results. Figured if he was scum I'd be most likely to catch him in a lie early in the game if he felt like faking being roleblocked. If I induced him and he claimed roleblocked I'd have caught him as a confirmed liar. Unfortunately that fell through with RR claiming he lost his powers as opposed to being roleblocked, and since the verbage of my power doesn't make any reference to preventing role loss, only to preventing a roleblock, I wasn't able to really conclude anything.

I used my Zombie paper on myself last night since I felt like I would be a good night kill choice considering I'm a pretty solid townie to have in end game and since I've had regrettably little activity this game, my flip wouldn't really help anyone figure out the remaining scum based on my reads.

I still have my yogurt dispenser power. I'm not really a fan of using random-esque powers.

So there you have it. Whatcha got for us Kanty?

And I think it's cute that you're going for the insulting Kantrip approach. I'm not deterred.
I think it's cute that you're going for the oversimplify and strawman approach, but I'm not deterred either.

Just because I didn't write a sugar coated post doesn't mean that you can just summarize my post as just insulting you. Well you CAN do that, but you look desperate and manipulative by doing so.

So it's down to the Glyph slot and the FF slot. Gheb has lumped these two slots together as the "inactive" slots that we need to kill and has used them almost interchangeably. But every time we go towards actually killing one of them, Gheb has ALWAYS gone for the Glyph slot. There are multiple instances where Gheb preaches about how these cancerous slots need to die, but it's always "Badwolf shoot Glyph" and "Vote: Glyph" and "Let's lynch Glyph". This could be distancing, but considering picking the wrong one of the two coupled with his Daykill and an appropriate Night kill, they would've had game no problem. So his intentions were to actually lynch Glyph and then win with himself and frozenflame. It's quite straightforward.
lol so this is your argument:

Gheb picked on two inactive slots. Gheb flipped scum. Gheb attacked one inactive player predominantly over the other. Therefore, the one that Gheb didn't attack must be his scum buddy.

Does anyone else see the glaring assumption that Kant is making here? You see, there's a thing called fallacious assumption of a causal relationship. You're asserting that THE REASON why Gheb attacked glyph more than me is because I'm allegedly scum with Glyph. Has it ever crossed your mind that there are any number of other far more likely and reasonable reasons why Gheb would have attacked Glyph more than me? Let me give you a few ideas.

1.) Glyph was more inactive than I was and Gheb knew that, hence preferring killing him to me. I might not have been very active this game, but I was certainly more active than Glyph, end of story. Considering your argument relies on the assumption that Gheb was choosing us as targets BASED ON OUR ACTIVITY, it makes sense that Gheb would pressure someone he viewed as being the MORE inactive person, MORE THAN THE LESS ACTIVE ONE.

2.) Even if we assume that Gheb thought of Glyph and I as equally inactive (which I seriously doubt, but I'm gonna be generous here), it's possible that Gheb wanted to keep open an avenue of attack open on me incase he needed to push me for a mislynch and did so by constantly pointing out my poor activity. He may have chosen pressuring Glyph more than me though with the hopes that I wouldn't come after him for being belligerent on the activity issue. Not trying to toot my own horn here, but I think most people who've played with me know that pulling my aggro when you're scum can make your like miserable in a game of mafia, ESPECIALLY as the game nears endgame.

3.) Again, even if we assume Gheb viewed Glyph and I as equally inactive, he may have seen me as a more valuable late game resource (or just a more valuable potential town resource overall), thus leading him to support offing Glyph instead of me.

I could go on and on but I think this should show my point. You're taking and incredibly far reaching causal stance with literally NO EXPLANATION OR WARRANT as to how you can make the assumptions you did in any reasonable manner.

Then there's the fact that Glyph/Gheb interactions are worthy of multiple Academy Awards if they are SvS.
lol I can't tell if you were joking here or if you actually think this is a serious argument.

"omg Gheb and Glyph were really rippin on each other hard there's NO WAI IT WAS DISTANCING MAN! IF THAT WAS AN ACT THEN LOL DAMN MAN THEY SURE FOOLED ME"

This is almost literally what you're saying, and you say it as if it actually has any supporting power for your "case" against me. The argument you're making is entirely WIFOM. You give us NO REASON to believe that what they said to each other couldn't be distancing. You literally just tell us that it can't be distancing because it's more or less "too good of distancing to be distancing" and we should just take that at face value.

Yeah, ok kantrip, whatever you say bro.

Also, your argument that my claim is bunk is ********. What justification do you have for the assumption that Gifted Child = JoaT? Other than your joke of an argument of "Gifted child SOUNDS like a JoaT". Yes, you said that. That was your actual, REAL argument. You ACTUALLY said that Gifted Child = JoaT because you think it kinda sounds like it should be that. Wow.

If anything, I'm the functional JoaT this game. Inventor, tinkerer, scientist, etc. are all very common role titles for JoaT-esque roles. Given that my character is literally an inventor in the Earthbound universe, I don't see why this is so hard to grasp.

But moving on from how god awful kantrip's case thus far is, I'll fill you all in a little as to where I stand right now.

I'm personally deciding between Kantrip and Rockin right now. Rockin replaced into probably the only slot less active than me this game, which makes him incredibly difficult to have a read on. He could easily be just coasting to end game. Think Mister Eric from Newbie 3 IIRC. He didn't do **** all game and won it for the scum. The Glyph/Rockin slot fits the bill for that perfectly, and since I have really no compelling reason to see that slot as town, I have to keep it in consideration.

Kantrip is really my other pick mostly by PoE. I see RR as town mostly because of his claim of power loss, which I seriously doubt he would have faked. I think we're on the same page with this assumption. Yeah, it's WIFOM, but again, I planned to lay a trap for him by using my power night 1 and when he didn't fall into it, I decided to assume him town unless something new came up to suggest otherwise. Kantrip just looks worse and worse though the more he talks though.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
epwop

the last sentence in my first point labeled with the 1.) should read as follows:

"Considering your argument relies on the assumption that Gheb was choosing us as targets BASED ON OUR ACTIVITY, it makes sense that Gheb would pressure someone he viewed as being the MORE inactive person, MORE THAN THE LESS INACTIVE ONE."

Fix bolded for clarity

Kantrip

Kantplay
So you're saying you have a power that prevents your target from being roleblocked, yet there are ZERO abilities in the game that roleblock?

Yeah okay

Kantrip

Kantplay
And your ability didn't even stop RR from having his ability stolen?

You made up some good reasoning for why you used your abilities the way you did, I'll give you that. Still lies though.

Care to No Lynch? Let's see who scum decides to kill, since I'm your scumpick and all.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Are you kidding me? Your reasoning for targeting RR N1 was that you wanted to make sure he couldn't lie and say "lol i was roleblocked", rather than the obvious he's a claimed PR and I want to make sure he can get his action off?

God I hate dealing with obvious scum when I can't portray to other players who aren't intelligent enough to see it why they are obvious scum.

Vote: frozenflame

Kantrip

Kantplay
I actually did flip a coin :bee:

fukacurhnflaxf Shut up and let him answer my questions -.-

Swiss =/= Glyph is an interesting read and totally helpful if true. What posts do you base it on though?

Vote Glyph

:059:
What's with this post?

He claims that he literally flipped a COIN to vote between Glyph and FF. This PROVES that he was lumping the slots together, and COMPLETELY debunks everything FF just said as possible reasons for choosing Glyph over him.

But wait, Gheb was scum so of course he probably didn't flip a coin and had an ulterior motive.

He voted FF first and then randomly decided to switch to Glyph after interacting with FF about his vote.

1. Gets to distance FF
2. Gets to sit his vote on Glyph

Looks pretty obvious which of the two his scum partner is to me.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol kanty y so dense

That was A REASON why I used my power on RR. Obviously that was the benefit of the choice if RR WAS SCUM. The benefit of me choosing him that night if he's town is that he gets to actually use his power.

The latter benefit is rather obvious. Didn't think it needed spelling out considering that's the immediate and clear benefit and use for my ****ing power lol. But according to you, not spoonfeeding that makes me scum. Why am I not surprised you'd continue to oversimply and strawman the **** out of me lol

Your second post pretty much debunks itself, you admit as much, and then you go on to say "lol its so obvious who gheb's scumbuddy is" after LITERALLY just admitting that we have no reason to believe Gheb actually flipped a coin to decide.

Just wow.

And EVEN IF we go ahead and accept your bogus premise that Gheb flipping a coin = gheb viewed us as both equally inactive, you still haven't even come anywhere close to addressing all the other points I made that debunk your line of reasoning after ASSUMING that Gheb same glyph and I as equally inactive (an assertion I still challenge).

Again, even if we ASSUME that Gheb actually flipped a coin there (just so we can all pretend to live in Kantrip's fantasy land of assumptions galore), just because he flipped a coin to decide between us once, doesn't represent his actual stance on the two of us as a trend throughout the game. It was one instance, and by any reasonable measure, one that we can't draw anything reliable from to begin with. Unless of course we play "take all of kantrips assumptions at face value all the time forever".

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's the fact that he DIDN'T flip a coin you ******.

He picked you on purpose, then switched to Glyph in his NEXT POST for seemingly no reason. It's because he voted you to distance but then didn't want the wagon to actually build up so switched to the other inactive. Considering his attitude towards your two slots was that they were completely interchangeable, what OTHER reason would he have to switch his vote from one to the other like he did?

He DID NOT FLIP A COIN. That's my point.

And you're calling ME dense.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You have the ONLY ability in this game that roleblocks.
You also have the ONLY ability in this game that prevents roleblocks.

Scum had a power that STEALS abilities, and your enabling ability didn't even interact with that because RR got his ability stolen N1.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What's with this post?

He claims that he literally flipped a COIN to vote between Glyph and FF. This PROVES that he was lumping the slots together, and COMPLETELY debunks everything FF just said as possible reasons for choosing Glyph over him.

But wait, Gheb was scum so of course he probably didn't flip a coin and had an ulterior motive.

He voted FF first and then randomly decided to switch to Glyph after interacting with FF about his vote.

1. Gets to distance FF
2. Gets to sit his vote on Glyph

Looks pretty obvious which of the two his scum partner is to me.
Are you blind FF?

It's not like it's hard to follow what I'm saying. It's clearly stated and you just latch onto the first line like the rest of the post doesn't exist.

It's the same way you and Gheb approached Badwolf when he was pushing for Ran's death. You guys jumped on him and tried to push a Badwolf lynch with "lolol he wants a dead player dead" as your reasoning. You didn't even THINK about intent such as "hmm wouldn't scum also not want to make that kind of error?" It was grossly opportunistic.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Man I dunno FF. Those claim actions REALLY doesn't make sense.

Why use the zombie power on yourself when you could've used it on Kraken Puns, who was by far the loudest townie out of all of us. You've been semi inactive in all 3 Days without barely contributing to the thread. It's not like you was on Mafia's hit list or anything, nor barely even a thought. In fact, I'm sure Gheb would've just NKed you at night sooner since he knows no one was going to lynch you no matter how inactive you tend to be.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.....reaaally not feeling it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright dude, now you're seriously just being an overdefensive asshole.

You act like it was clear in your original post where you talked about the coin flip business that you were only seriously contending that Gheb said he flipped a coin as a cover. You did make that point and I DID ACKNOWLEDGE IT. The difference here though is that you clearly have no ****ing idea how to actually make your takeaway points clear.

Anyone other than you reading that post could easily conclude that you were making a point for BOTH sides of that situation. You made statements that led to consideration of the argument that Gheb did flip a coin, and all that could possibly entail. You ****ing USED THE SCENARIO IN WHICH WE ASSUME GHEB FLIPPED A COIN TO MAKE A POINT:

"He claims that he literally flipped a COIN to vote between Glyph and FF. This PROVES that he was lumping the slots together, and COMPLETELY debunks everything FF just said as possible reasons for choosing Glyph over him."

Look at the last sentence. Those are YOUR words. How the **** to you get off calling me dense for apparantly "not getting that your whole point was that Gheb didn't flip a coin" when you're saying that that scenario in which he DID FLIP ONE disproves my points.

Seriously dude, you can't make and argument, say it debunks my points, and then ****ing call me dense for ADDRESSING YOUR ATTACK ON MY POINTS. You're seriously a ****ing childish asshole. Don't pretend like it was obvious that you DIDN'T AT ALL BELIEVE THAT GHEB FLIPPED A COIN. Any reasonable person reading that post would have thought you were lending some kind of consideration to BOTH possibilities. The way you ****ing wrote your post basically REQUIRES that to be assumed.

You say I latched on to the first part of your post only, when I CLEARLY gave counterarguements to the conclusions you draw from BOTH possible scenarios. I explained why your analysis of the "gheb did flip a coin" hypothetical is bad, AND why your analysis of the "gheb didn't flip one and just lied because he's scum" scenario is bad. It's just more strawmanning from you all across the board.

Maybe you just don't have much experience with actually organizing your thoughts, following the logical flow of a debate, or basic critical reading. I don't know. The point is, there's a REASON why I've been saying "EVEN IF" so much. I'm not doing what you're doing and putting words in anyone's mouth. I'm explaining why each and every plausible stance you could possibly have drawn from the many points you've made are all completely absurd. You see me take down one of your points and cry bloody murder that I'm assuming that that one situation I'm addressing is your final, actual stance. That's completely ****ing wrong. I attacked the premises of BOTH sides of your argument. It doesn't ****ing matter if you believe Gheb flipped the coin or not. I proved that regardless of what you believe actually happened, all the conclusions you're trying to draw EITHER WAY are ****ing ********.

Your point about my vote on badwolf is laughable. You say I should have thought "man, wouldn't scum not want to make this mistake and draw attention to themselves like that?". I say that you're missing the point. Of course scum wouldn't want to make that kind of mistake. But guess what, news flash, SOMETIMES PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES UNINTENTIONALLY! Hard to take in all at once right?

There was nothing opportunistic about my vote on badwolf. He literally had NO idea what was going on and made it PAINFULLY obvious that he really had NO intention of catching himself up as to what state the game was in. My vote had nothing to do with whether or not scum would WANT to say something like that. OBVIOUSLY no scum would INTENTIONALLY spout the stupid **** badwolf was saying. I voted for badwolf because his gross ignorance of the state of the game made me think he was one of two things:

1.) Coasting scum who literally gave zero ****s about who got lynched and was just trying to stir the pot up to lynch someone

2.) Ignorant townie who was bound to me an IMMENSE liability in the long run

So please, tell me again why I or any other responsible townie shouldn't vote for someone like that? I'd love to hear it.

Oh and this post is a gem:

You have the ONLY ability in this game that roleblocks.
Assumption. Who says that the dead mafiats or the indy didn't have a secondary/tertiary roleblocking ability that wasn't mentioned in their role names. This happens ALL THE TIME. The fact that my role exists basically requires this to be true and it's not at all unlikely.

You also have the ONLY ability in this game that prevents roleblocks.
Again, assumption. More likely to be true than your last assumption by a long shot, but I guess I just don't see what your point is. Why is it so unusual that there is one role in a game that can induce? That is again, quite common.

Scum had a power that STEALS abilities, and your enabling ability didn't even interact with that because RR got his ability stolen N1.
Hey guess what this is! If you guess "an assumption", you guessed right!

The best part is, I just love how you used the info we have about the role names that flipped to argue in favor of your point that I'm allegedly the only role in the game with a roleblocking power, since the flipped role names don't include the word roleblocker. Then, you go right ahead and just CONVENIENTLY FORGET ABOUT THAT STANDARD OF EVALUATION ENTIRELY, and claim you KNOW that the scum can "steal" abilities. That's just beautiful.

Remind me again how you KNOW that scum can steal abilities? How exactly did you learn definitively that RR's abilities were "stolen" and not just permanently disabled or something similar?

You literally have no concept of how to stay logically consistent. Look at this ****:

Mafia Almighty Idiot (not sure on this role at all)
Mafia Interrupter (has a daykill)
Independent Survivor (sounds like it can send messages)
You go from saying all this (i.e. saying you literally know next to nothing about what any of these roles can do in full), and NOW you're claiming you know the entire ****ing setup. What a joke.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Rockin: I used the power on myself because I legitimately thought that the scum wouldn't want to deal with me near end game. I coast more in early game and become much more active later in the game. That's a real thing. It really happens. It's happening RIGHT NOW. Anyone who's ever played a large game with me before where I survive till endgame or close to it knows this. It's not unreasonable at all for me to take this into consideration and look out for my well being, since I consider myself a fairly strong late game player.

I think the fact that I was inactive for most of the game is the primary reason why gheb and friends DIDN'T opt to kill me earlier. It's not to hard to grasp that they easily could have tried to kill me right at the turning point before lylo to prevent me from being able to transition into a more active role. That's why I tried to prevent it.

You say kraken puns was obvtown but I just simply don't agree. You can't use your own standard for evaluation of how townie someone is as MY STANDARD for evaluation who to protect. This not a reasonable way to disagree with my choice of night action.

Maybe if you were YOU with my power, you would have acted differently. But you're not you with my power. I have my power, and so I made my decisions based on what I saw in the game. I really don't see how you can seriously take issue with my choices of night actions.

The worst part is, is I can't tell if kantrip is scum going for a final all in push, or if rockin is the scum just looking for an opportunity to bandwagon without looking sketchy and ride kantrips tunnel vision to victory. >_<

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Why did you try and roleblock a potential doctor?

Don't play the, he might be scum, bit. More so if did it outweigh me doing a protect on N1?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Again run this through me,

you tried to roleblock me, a role that can protect townies while clearing them, or I die and incriminate someone.

Was the threat of me being scum that much higher than letting my potential action as a townie go through?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
*facepalm*

cmon RR, atleast ****ing read my claim

I used my ANTI-roleblocking ability on you N1. I wanted to ENSURE that you WERE NOT roleblocked, so that way if you were town, we'd have the benefit of your first use def going through, and if you were scum and decided to lie and fake being roleblocked, I could call you out for lying, since you would have been induced.

Since you claimed that you lost your power, my whole plan fell apart.

Kantrip

Kantplay
FF Weak Doctor isn't even a role that you get informed if you are roleblocked or not. Your so-called "plan" makes no sense.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I would like to withhold my claim and request a No Lynch.

I feel like this wish won't be granted but I think it could help in case I'm wrong on FF, just to be more certain.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I feel the emptiness of that vote. I have firm reasons for advocating a No Lynch, and firm reasons for wishing to keep my role to myself for the Night phase. You're not voting me because you think I'm scum, Rockin, and in MyLo that's something you need to do.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
*facepalm*

cmon RR, atleast ****ing read my claim

I used my ANTI-roleblocking ability on you N1. I wanted to ENSURE that you WERE NOT roleblocked, so that way if you were town, we'd have the benefit of your first use def going through, and if you were scum and decided to lie and fake being roleblocked, I could call you out for lying, since you would have been induced.

Since you claimed that you lost your power, my whole plan fell apart.
Derped, that is what I get for reading late at night.

Still, thinking about this.

I'm not NLung without Kantrip's claim.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay here's the deal.

I could be a Vanilla Townie gambiting everything, I could be a BP/Commuter/self-protector trying to draw a NK, I could be an investigative role trying to get a result, I could be a roleblocker hoping to get a roleblock off and see if I stop a kill, or I could be something else entirely.

If I say which of these I am, scum can counter me with no fear and nothing to worry about. Maybe I want them to try to kill me or maybe I want them to leave me alone. I claim my role, they'll know which is true and I lose my leverage.

I thought RR and I were on the same page and Rockin had it between RR/FF, so I would have a majority being okay with this. Why you guys are suddenly opposed escapes me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Paranoia for me, your slot was a lot less active before today even though super active day 1.

I don't like being played when I read someone as town.

You are my strongest town read right now for most likely town, but there is a sliver small chance you might be scum and I want to just cover my bases as a just in case.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay, but I'm last to claim.

I could claim anything I want right now as scum and know that NONE of you other players have anything to contend with it. There is really no scum intent to withholding my claim right now. There is no way I can "play" you by not claiming yet.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, but I'm last to claim.

I could claim anything I want right now as scum and know that NONE of you other players have anything to contend with it. There is really no scum intent to withholding my claim right now. There is no way I can "play" you by not claiming yet.
The more you delay this and give me these reasonings, the more I'm going to think you're scum

we're in a Mylo situation (for all I know, possibly Lylo giving that almost anything could happen). I rather we not risk another night where we may lose the game and instead make our decision right here and now.

I want Red Ryu dead, but half of it is just mechanics and the other half is just not seeing him town. Regardless of the matter I have with Red Ryu, I would have to focus on either you or FF. Nuff said.

so effing claim already.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Rockin, you're saying you could see any of us being scum, why the **** do you not want to NL to narrow it down? I'd understand your rationale if you were already set on a scumpick, but I don't like this fence sitting. Or rather, I don't like it coupled with wanting to just lynch here and now.

But I'm pretty done with this game, I'm Everdred, VT.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
All that build up for a VT claim? how anticlimactic

why do I get the feeling that you were waiting this long just so you could come up with some elaborate fake claim to try and frame me, and now you're just being lazy and copping out?

as scummy as you continue make yourself look, the one thing I do agree with you on is that us townies do have a slightly better mathematical chance of winning if we NL, assuming we aren't in a kingmaker scenario with 2 townies and 2 different faction scum. As much as I'd hate to give the scum a second shot to kill me and take me out of the decisive endgame, it's hard to argue with the advantages for town of deciding in a 3 man endgame over a 4 man one.

If I was more sure of who the last scum is between Rockin and Kantrip I'd be pushing for a lynch right now but unfortunately it just isnt clear enough.

@ Rockin: Can you flesh out for me a little more why you are opposed to a no lynch? It seems to me like as scum, you'd be more likely to favor a lynch now as opposed to a no lynch not only for the mathematical disadvantage that town has in that scenario, but also because going to a NL would force you to make a kill if you were scum, which would give the town more info to use to possibly connect the kill choice to you. This is particularly relevant to the possibility of you being scum, because the fact that you replaced into perhaps the only slot less active than me this game, left you with an incredibly small paper trail to have to worry about, so any small new thing increases that dramatically.

@ RR: What do you think wrt my analysis of Rockin's situation as described above? And do you buy Kant's claim? Am I the only one who feels that that claim just doesn't jive with the way he's carried himself this dayphase?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@ Rockin: Can you flesh out for me a little more why you are opposed to a no lynch? It seems to me like as scum, you'd be more likely to favor a lynch now as opposed to a no lynch not only for the mathematical disadvantage that town has in that scenario, but also because going to a NL would force you to make a kill if you were scum, which would give the town more info to use to possibly connect the kill choice to you. This is particularly relevant to the possibility of you being scum, because the fact that you replaced into perhaps the only slot less active than me this game, left you with an incredibly small paper trail to have to worry about, so any small new thing increases that dramatically.

Because I just plain don't feel comfortable who I find town out of you three, and I don't trust the mechanic in this game

When I replaced in the game and red up, there were three people I found town

Gheb
Vult
Kraken

Now I had strong confidence in those three cause of how they contributed and carried themselves. As I said before, I had a strong dislike for RR because of how things were carried with him, how he contributed to discussion, and how his claim came about. Had he died (and came up town), I'd at least have confidence cause I would have someone I know is town with me in this Mylo situation and it wouldn't be as stressful. Unfortunately, this is who I'm stuck with.

Red Ryu - I'm stuck with a player who's going to be safe as hell, fence sits, and not completely contributes to discussion unless he asks questions that doesn't BENEFIT DISCUSSION

Frozen Flame - I'm stuck with a player that has been mostly inactive throughout most of the game. Whenever he does post, it'd be either something not new or just something that lacks meat in deciding whether he's town or mafia. No stances with him (new stances) unless it's been mentioned.

Potassium - I'm stuck with a player who it's previous slot I was 50/50 for. Even when he replaced in, I still feel 50/50 on. Nothing about him stands out. Nothing about him defines his stances. He's merely a background.

These players, no matter what goes down after a No lynch into a Lylo, would benefit me. Because, like now, I'm going to have to have no choice and follow my instincts, which is all over the place. Of the three, Potassium was going to be the last person I'd lynched (gut instincts), but because of how hesitant he was to claim AFTER FF did, and how he worded himself, now he's just as bad as RR.

Now for the mechanic, I do not trust it. As I was reading, I saw two deaths happen each time a new Day arises (with just one Death from N3). Right now, with the way the roles are, I'm not confortable with what may possibly happen on N4. Maybe an indie's win goal would be complete. Maybe Mafia would gain an ability to nuke us with. I DON'T KNOW. I could try and use the Razor to cut all of this off and make it easier, but no matter what, this beard is just too damn thick for any razor to cut it. >_<

TDLR

No Lynch would not benefit me as a townie cause no matter what odds, I'm in a dark room with three people who I find either null (Frozen) or scummy (Pot and RR)

Top Bottom