• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earth Fire Wind Water Heart Go Smashers Fan Expo Tourney AUG 30

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys fan expo is happening next week and theres a smash tourney there. Just wanting to know how many people here from smashboards is going to enter the tourney. The prize unfortunately is still under SPECULATION as big companies like zellers take forever to do everything. Just wanna know who is making it out to the smash tourney.

1. Dimmy
2. Nickcam
3. Wolfblade
4. Silverdoc
5. Kingace
6. TOJOE
7. Minus/Hype i need confirmation
8. HOLY(maybe)
9. Ally (maybe)
10.5ive(maybe)

For the people looking for tournament it shall be on sunday in the zellers booth area. Tournament will start at 2, i am cutting off registration at 1:30 so i can make a proper bracket.

UPER SMASH BROS: BRAWL - RULES
- Bring your own WIRED Gamecube controller or a WiiMote/nunchuk
- Matches are 1 vs. 1, best 2 out of 3
- Players will select their fighter prior to each match to insure that there is no fighter matching
- Stock limit of 3, 5 minute time limit per game

- Maps are Battlefield, Final Destination, Corneria, Lylat Cruise and Yoshi's Island (Brawl version)
- No glitching of any kind

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
yeah theres a smash tourney there hosted by zellers if ur already going to fan expo might as well enter too right

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately there will be no melee as zellers isn't sponsoring that game. Niko man sorry, you didn't attend my qualifying tournie a few weeks bak at all i pretty much gave it to the top 5 of that tourney and the free passes i have are done i have no more sorry bro.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
its in toronto at the convention centre.

Updates: Minus/Hype you guys are good to go, minus gimme ur contact info i need your email.

As for everyone whose going on my list, for sauga people i'm picking you up u guys are good. For all others coming under me with hteir free passes, we'll set a meeting place for sunday and i'll bring u guys in. I'm picking up ur passes on thursday when i head to fan expo to setup. I also won't be able to play in the tournament sadly as i am tournament staff and ethically zellers nor playgrounds does not want it. Also, for one of the days i don't remember which but ANDO from the TV show heroes is coming on our boooth and releasing the new trailer for the new season of heroes its gonna be pretty awesome having him there, i'm hoping he can come on smash day haha.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Myself and another may need housing in the GTA to do this. I wanna go to the entire fan expo, if i'm going I dun really wanna pay a 25 day pass just to play the tourney and go home.

Anyone willing? I'm an awesome roommate >.>

*edit* I don't have the money to pay for a 3 day stay at a hotel

steelbreakr

Smash Rookie
Dimmy, did we HAVE to go to that qualifying tourney, or is it still possible to enter? Cuz on their site they were gonna have one on the 23rd but they had cancelled it... Also what day is this on the fri, Sat or Sunday?

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
10 dollar ebtry 25 dollar ticket to get in for sunday. The qualifying tourney was for free passes for this event. everyone who won at that tourney got entered into 2nd round and free passes to fan expo. Everyone else right now would have to pay 25 to get into fan expo then 10 for the tourney. You'd be entered into the first round bracket of u entered day of.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah prizes may change if the number of entrants are too little sigh. Their rules are ******** and we have to follow them btw. For the people looking for tournament it shall be on sunday in the zellers booth area. Tournament will start at 2, i am cutting off registration at 1:30 so i can make a proper bracket.

- Players will select their fighter prior to each match to insure that there is no fighter matching

- Maps are Battlefield, Final Destination, Corneria, Lylat Cruise and Yoshi's Island (Brawl version)

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Yeah prizes may change if the number of entrants are too little sigh. Their rules are ******** and we have to follow them btw. For the people looking for tournament it shall be on sunday in the zellers booth area. Tournament will start at 2, i am cutting off registration at 1:30 so i can make a proper bracket.

o lawd

should be fun ;p

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
For Sauga Car i will have to be leaving sauga on Sunday at 9:30 so people on my car, be ready from 9am-9:30am as i will be picking everyone up at this time. I plan to pickup ace by 9:15 and hype by 9:30. Hype if you sleep in again -_-

Top Bottom