• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Expectations for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Hey, I was watching G4 the other day, and they have commercials of E3 being shown on it tuesday night. IDK if everyone knows this and I'm just slow but OMG!

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I was watching G4 the other day, and they have commercials of E3 being shown on it tuesday night. IDK if everyone knows this and I'm just slow but OMG!

I think their actual wii coverage is on wednesday though.

Edit: according to g4s site, nintendo coverage is july 11 starting at noon eastern time.

DavidHowie

Smash Rookie
I expect a video showing off a few new items and stages, and maybe some new music, that will confirm all of the initially playable brawl characters. Oh and maybe a demonstration of how it plays with just the wii remote (obviously some motion sensing going on there.) Itd be satisfied with anything really.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Yep, I'm assuming we'll get SOMETHING, but not very much. A locked down date on Galaxy and Brawl would be possible, but the might hold off until Liepzig... I can't imagine why, but it's Nintendo we're talking about.

I think they might mention Brawl in the press conference, and MAYBE another trailer/opening video to the game, but they probably won't demo it for an audience or anything... it's hard to say. E3 this year is a big mystery. Many people in the industry are guessing it will be kind of a dud, but will still have a few decent surprises.

Yipee!! post no. 300! (Oh well.)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yep, I'm assuming we'll get SOMETHING, but not very much. A locked down date on Galaxy and Brawl would be possible, but the might hold off until Liepzig... I can't imagine why, but it's Nintendo we're talking about.
If that happens, I will gladly report as the local ambassador. *salutes*

Also, "Leipzig".

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i honestly think they are going to show some release dates. what would be funny if they showed the release date to brawl, galaxy, and metroid 3 at the same time, but they don't tell us which is which.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure but I heard that nintendo's day was the tenth. Which is good because thats the first day of E3.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Nintendo's day is on July 11th, and they're having their conference pretty early too. I think it's 9 am central.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
G4? Man, I don't have that channel. So you guys need to keep me updated with the stages, ok.

Edit: Ok, thanks Devastlian :)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, I dunno if IGN will be live streaming a video this year or if they will be doing a live blog like they've done in the past. GoNintendo.com and CodeNameRevolution.com will probably have live blogs as well.

JPW

Smash Ace
with the smashbros. update stuff. I say new stages and new items really wont do much anyway.

I would just like to see a new trailer with newcomers again, and hopefully shed some light on this whole Sonic stuff. Is he in or isn't he. Even though it's just our speculation going around Nintendo should know about it, and fill us in, instead of working out good answers whenever a company asks them. Though Sega has been asked a lot lately too. Just a simple "yes" or "no" be fine. If it's "yes" I am so getting this game. If it's "no" i'll be disappointed and they just better hope there's a good reason and that the other 3rd parties replacements live up to expectations then"

A release date would be a nice plus and whether or not it's a worldwide release date would be even better. This game should really be around by Christmas.

Osi

Smash Ace
I'll be happy with anything at this point lol. I hope for a long trailer because the longer it is the more chance they let something leak on accident. A great wealth of info has been found like that already. Some new stages, characters, or a release date couldn't hurt.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I want a trailer featuring many (not all) of the updates plus a few new things we haven't seen. (more than anything, characters!) I expect a new fighter or two, and some returning veterans (Peach would be a good choice...) that haven't been announced.

Osi

Smash Ace
I'm sorry if I'm alone in this, but I don't want peach back. She had little character development in the mario series compared to even luigi or toad. I did not understand how she was so powerful when she was always captured in her series.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry if I'm alone in this, but I don't want peach back. She had little character development in the mario series compared to even luigi or toad. I did not understand how she was so powerful when she was always captured in her series.
All in all though, she is a main character in the franchise. Also, no one has character development in Mario's world. Paper Mario is a good example of that. The only character who tend to change is Luigi.

Osi

Smash Ace
This is true, but in the amount of actual screen time... I'd bet koopa troopa has more time in the main games than peach lol. It could be I am bias for not liking the play style of her though. She does really deserve a spot though, seeing as she is the main damsel in distress of the nintendo franchise.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
And she's a chick. Samus used to be the only Smash chick before the princess' came along...

I just want to see Captain Falcon return. A trailer with him racing Sonic would be badass, although he'd probably lose and knee Sonic in the face lol

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
And she's a chick. Samus used to be the only Smash chick before the princess' came along...

I just want to see Captain Falcon return. A trailer with him racing Sonic would be badass, although he'd probably lose and knee Sonic in the face lol
lol

Anyways, It's not sure Brawl will be on the E3 at all! We have to wait for the list to come on Mondays, I've heard. It's online, but it's being added to and stuff. Mario & Sonic HAS been confirmed to be there, but Galaxy and Brawl havvn't. I think it'd be stupid NOT to put the biggest games of Nintendo on e3.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Priority 1: Release Date, for PAL, US, *** etc.!!!
Priority 2: Online? Concrete answer PLEASE!
Priority 3: Trailer. Actual CGI intro too much - hopefully something quite long (E3 long) that contains new info, chars, stages etc.
Priority 4: Newcomers (my guess is that there cannot be that many, since five showed up in the first trailer, and we only got two stages and Fox at Spaceworld.)
Priority 5: Veterans (maybe detailed info, the question of clones etc. I'm okay with a lot of these and not much else...)
Priority 6: Misc.

If Nintendo starts way up in this list I shall be a glad boy. If few of these criteria are met I will become a dull boy and throw tennis balls and axes at Ninty's HQ

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
I'm just hoping for characters (hopefully 4 veterans and 4 newcomers =D) and a showcase of each of their moves.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Witgh Brawl not playable I'm not as excited for this years E3. Hopefull they will give us something(which is likely). IDK, maybe I'll love it if they give us Mario Kart Wii.

Osi

Smash Ace
Witgh Brawl not playable I'm not as excited for this years E3. Hopefull they will give us something(which is likely). IDK, maybe I'll love it if they give us Mario Kart Wii.
Lol, I opened up this thread again just to mention mario kart. It was funny to see your post sitting there at the top of the last page.

I am really hopeful that something like mario kart, f-zero, or a first look at the next zelda title (I will not hold my breath for that one). There has to be some reason they would push one of their bigger games out of the playable lineup for E3 just before its release.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Lol, I opened up this thread again just to mention mario kart. It was funny to see your post sitting there at the top of the last page.

I am really hopeful that something like mario kart, f-zero, or a first look at the next zelda title (I will not hold my breath for that one). There has to be some reason they would push one of their bigger games out of the playable lineup for E3 just before its release.
lol

I wonder why exactly Nintendo left out Brawl. From what I've heard they will have Mario Kart, Pikmin and a ressurection of a dead franchise, not to mention Wii Music, Wii Health Pac, Phantom Hourglass, Galaxy(hopefully they don't cut that) Metroid Prime 3, Battalion Wars 2, Strikers, and a lot of un announced games.

I think we'll see SAmash at the Tokyo Game Show(their suppose to be their this year).

WolfenLegend

Smash Apprentice
For now, I couldn't care less about items/stages/modes/ or anything else. The 2 things E3 HAS to show is a new trailer and at least 1 newcomer. It'd be foolish for them not to reveal a new trailer, more importantly a release date. I just hope they don't do the same as Nintendo did with Twilight Princess..

I swear, I still have that old reservation card of the game from November 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom