• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Expectations for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPW

Smash Ace
i reckon we'll see an introduction trailer(the actual starting roster showcased). These latest roster additions and such seem to be pointing towards that.

I also reckon they'll shed some light on our second third party character. Maybe the third one too.
I'm hoping Sonic and Megaman join up.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
To those expecting a demo at E3 check this link out (not sure if its reliable)

http://www.wiigamer.nl/article/6926p1.html

It's in dutch.

Here's a partial translation on some of it:

Sadly, there's bad news this morning, too: Game|Life, the gamesite of the American magazine Wired, has heard from Nintendo this morning that Super Smash Bros. Brawl won't be playable at the E3 next week. The game will still appear in 2007, but Nintendo is trying to aim this E3 at a smaller group different important games. This is because the E3 is a bit smaller this year. Still though, Nintendo shall have a few brandnew, never shown Wii-games playable at the E3. That's something, right?

--

I'd like to see a new trailer.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
To those expecting a demo at E3 check this link out (not sure if its reliable)

http://www.wiigamer.nl/article/6926p1.html

It's in dutch.

Here's a partial translation on some of it:

Sadly, there's bad news this morning, too: Game|Life, the gamesite of the American magazine Wired, has heard from Nintendo this morning that Super Smash Bros. Brawl won't be playable at the E3 next week. The game will still appear in 2007, but Nintendo is trying to aim this E3 at a smaller group different important games. This is because the E3 is a bit smaller this year. Still though, Nintendo shall have a few brandnew, never shown Wii-games playable at the E3. That's something, right?

--

I'd like to see a new trailer.
If that's true, I'm just gonna go kill myself right now. I've been so hyped up for Brawl at E3. ****, I'm just excited for Brawl in general...ah man, I hope that's just a rumor. I want to see whatever previews I can, and I'm sure many people will agree.

Poop.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Well, I for one don't believe in that rumor.

But I'd like to see a trailer of course, showcasing quite a few characters fighting away on some new stages. I'd like some newcomers to be revealed too, and of course a release date would be nice!

But what I really wanna see the most is Midna as a playable. Though I don't know how likely that is.

Shuma

Smash Hero
well who really cares? i mean most of you aren't going to be in E3.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
shuma gotsa point there... with the on going additions to the rosters with updates (zelda,bowser) I can expect that they will show a trailer showing more veterans, like ones shown on the site. hopefully they can do what they did with fox, and show one more character at the end... perhaps a newcomer... and people, don't get your hopes up like me, and expect nothing... and give me five bucks.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Meh, no biggie about it not being playable. I'd have liked to get hands on impressions from journalists, but as long as we get some significant new info (like a trailer or new revealed characters), I'll be happy.
Kind of make sense really. The developers can concentrate on making Brawl good without worrying about demo's, and Nintendo don't really need to make it playable because out of all their games Brawl is the garanteed best seller.
And don't forget, E4all is in a few months.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Lol, you guys noticed the link just now? Not when Green Mamba posted it in the last couple of pages?

Star105

Smash Journeyman
well the E3 will probably feature Bowser and Zelda then show some stages of fighting between characters and show a new character. Though it will probably just be a returning character :(:urg::confused: though i hope for a completely new character.:):):cool::cool:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
-New trailer shown at Nintendo Press conference.
-Starting character rooster unveiled
-Sonic pokes his spikey haired face into proceedings right at the end of the trailer
-Preliminary dates for Japan and US (not sure bout Europe)
-Playable demos
-Journalists completely divided over which control scheme is best.
Whatever happens, Smash Boards is going to be mental between July 11-13
my thoughts exactly

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I want a trailer structured similarly to the second one but each characters section has a clip of the music from their stage and each characters voices and sound effects are perfectly audible. It should have all of the starting characters followed by maybe a couple hints thrown on at the end and then the worldwide release date...<_<

Salaad

Smash Ace
I don't know if anyone remembers, but at E3 (2006) a Nintendo representative was demonstrating the controls of Twilight Princess. Just because there are no playable demos doesn't mean that we won't get to see someone play. xD

I'm expecting some information on the release date cause it was originally planned to come out with the Wii.

Oh, and also I want to see more of Snake or a FE character.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
they said that there wouldn't be a playable demo, but that doesn't mean they won't reveal a 3 minute trailer on the last day of E3.

this is what i think the trailer will reveal
characters- DK, Diddy, Dedede, and 1 or two others with a possible third party reveal
items- they will show us how allot of the items like the firecracker rocket work in game, some new AT's, and a new item or two
stages- 1 new one if any
other- the menu screens

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
All I want is a trailer, hopefully a few more veterans and a few newcomers.

Hoping to see at least Bowser, Zelda, Caption Falcon, DK and Yoshi in action with a 1 or 2 newcomers thrown in. Would be awesome if they announced Sonic but If he's in I think he will be a secret until the game comes out, or very near the release date. Also think it would be good to see DeeDee and Ridley confirmed although I don't expect that either.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I'd say a trailer showing confirmed characters fighting on a couple new stages and using new items. New returning players like Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Ganondorf, and Falcon.And somehow Diddy and DeDeDe come into the trailer and start fighting. More fighting and then sonic pops in at the end. Black, all the confirmed characters show up then Get Ready To Brawl ______ 2007

Also a bunch of screen shots showing menus including the character menu and other menu stuff. And somebody showing us how to use each controller.

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
and most likely will have some sort of twist that shocks everybody again...
The twist I've wanted to see in a trailer is Mario just lands in the middle of a boxing ring, pan over to one corner and there's Little Mac. Mario's about to fight him, then pan over and BAM - the other competitor is a Mii with boxing gloves on.

Because, really, I'd be jacked to be able to put "myself" in the game. The Mii has become such an important part of this stage of Nintendo's evolution and broadening its audience. I realize some people just want to have Batman fighting Mr. T or whatever, which kind of taints it, but the ability to put yourself in a game is something that some of us old-school gamers have been itching for since we played the first Mario.

BDAOutlaw

Smash Apprentice
Indeed there must be a trailer at E3....nice longy one too.

Showing Bowser, Zelda, Samus(mmmm),Fox, fighting on the Sunshine Stage.

Then they show the same intro they used with link mario pikachu and kirby(before and after shots) accept with Falcon, Marth, and ZOMG Ganon and his sword, and last but not least, Falco.

A release date would be nice + an online screen that flicks in and out in the middle so it catches us off guard like(WTF!!!)

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
Just the starting roster. Which would probaly be Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Fox, Zelda, Ness(if he's in), Samus, Bowser, Peach, Luigi, IC(if they're in), Wario, Pit or Metaknight maybe, and two or three more newcomers.

Edit: I just thought of this, a box art would be really cool.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
some box art would be nice,
and character menu's also shows how many unlockables there are, and plus i don't think sakurai wants that many reveals at once

Copperpot

Smash Ace
My guess, at the very least, is that (if there even is one) they'll release another third-party character. Nintendo's going to want to get the word out about these as soon as possible, because ultimately these are going to be the characters the draw the most 'new' players to the Smash Bros Series. Well, if Nintendo were concerned about sales, they would.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
nintendo know that brawl is a mega seller, but they probably will show a third party so all the fans have nerdgasims

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking, maybe they'll do like Melee. Show off all the charaacters in the starting roster and maybe give us the CGI opening video.

Venom_7

Smash Cadet
I quite honestly think that they won't for sure put Sonic at the end of the trailer. Maybe a blue blur at the very last millisecond to give us all something to debate for over the next few months. Cruel? sure.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I quite honestly think that they won't for sure put Sonic at the end of the trailer. Maybe a blue blur at the very last millisecond to give us all something to debate for over the next few months. Cruel? sure.
Maybe, I just want the release date, and some screens.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
release date would be nice. i see at the end of the trailer screen fades to black, and then a date appears

Baha

Smash Cadet
release date would be nice. i see at the end of the trailer screen fades to black, and then a date appears

And then it gets scratched / crossed over and a Question mark '?' appearst.

Mean? that's Nintendo!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'd sacrifice a month of character and stage updates for a release date.

Second, I want a comment on the Fire Emblem section of the roster, even if it's not what characters, but commentary on whether new, old, current, retro, characters he chose.

IRRELEVANT QUESTION: WHEN IS FE10 COMING TO AMERICA!?!?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I like how no one answered my irrelevant question. When Goddess of Dawn was announced, I assumed it was coming here, but so far nothing...

But yea, there are defintely theories, hypothesis, guesses, and hopes, but no one knows, and that's what i want most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom