• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Expectations for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
If Sega likes disappointing thousands of people who want Sonic in then he won't appear. Their just keeping a secret from us now. They kinda blew the secret when they said Sonic was most requested.

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
I really hope they release a new trailer at least. I actually am more eager for the character roster than the release date. Trailer would have 5 newcomers, like the first one, and a bunch of returning characters. If there is another third party character introduction, it'll be at the end of the trailer, and most likely will have some sort of twist that shocks everybody again... If there did happen to be a demo of SSBB, I'd be excited...
I completely agree with you, new trailer and new characters *_*

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
At e3, I think some characters with a high chance of making it will be revealed (Wolf, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr.) along with a release date and trailer. Oh, and the starting roster as well. They did that with Melee, so they may do it with Brawl. :)

Chepe

Smash Lord
And why wouldnt Nintendo want to wait to release Brawl on November/December? It would maximize profits, and we know how much this game will be a system seller...

If there is a demo, then lets hope that a certain somebody can make it to E3 to report back here...

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Is there any way I could get all the E3 information as it's happening without going?
Any sites or webcasts or anything?

PB&J

Smash Hero
i think they will give us a release date at e3 and they will probably say october since halo 3 was moved up to september..but who knows nintendo just wants us to guess..but i think it will be worth the wait

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
I expect:

~Release Date
~New Trailer
~Info on Gameplay
~A Demo
~All of the characters revealed (Since Sakurai told us that when the game comes out, everyone will know whos in the game, so he will just tell us himself, little by little.)

~Video on game play
~How the controlls will work
~New Stages
~Online play

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Can't wait till E3..... theres a lot of games I gotta see.

- Smash Most Importantly
- Killzone 2
- Bioshock
- New splinter cell
- Mario & Sonic at the olympic games
- Syphon Filter
- Halo 3
- The list goes on and on

BentoBox

Smash Master
Online is all I care about. Even though I'll be moving to Montreal in september which has a somewhat active smash community while nobody plays smash around where I live atm, I see Online as the only thing that will really change the franchise somewhat. I just think long-term wise. More characters would be awesome, more maps aswell, new solo game modes would be a nice addition but when thinking about the replay value of the smash series, it was uniquely because of the fact we could play multi. Not many ppl still have fun beating Event51, nobody really enjoys classic mode anymore... And you know where I'm getting at.

Basically, I don't care about the new items, or the non-tourneyable maps nor will I care much about the myriad of multiplayer modes they'll add (unless they prove themselves to be -really- fun; I haven't special melee'd in a f'ing long while), same goes for solo modes... Simply because I know that in a few months after ssbb's launch, these will all be pushed aside.

My jaw will only drop if they've shown to have put some effort on a web interface of some sort. [Gunbound style please] It'd certainly go GOTY if that was the case.

But Nintendo is known to decieve people.

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
XD Well, the only reason I'm gonna be getting a Wii, is because of Smash Bros. Brawl (that and Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers). I'm hoping that it is really good XD I had a great time with Melee (and would still be enjoying it if I HAD it XD), and I'm bound to have a great time with Brawl. I think people nowadays have been playing so many games, and graphics and gameply (usuall) are getting better and better every year, so expect more and more of each game that comes next. I just have fun with the stuff... I don't really wanna be a hardcore player or nothing XD It's just a fun game to kill time with every now and then :p

Anyways, on topic. I think the mose realistic thing we can expect, is:

-Trailer (show all the fighters from last trailer, possibly show some new ones, maybe some new levels (MAYBE), some stuff that's already on the official site, and then show the eliminated characters, Release Date at the end)

-Speech (May have info on the Online (and i'm prett sure there WILL be one, because Sakurai was talking about implementing an online feature for the game. Just one more great feature to make it sell even more XD. Talk about stuff we already know, maybe let us know on a few secrets, re-confirm the release date. Close the speech)

Now, if there is a Demo (though I highly doubt it), they will probably have a speech during the gameplay for the duration of the demo. Though actually, it wouldn't be asking a whole lot to show a demo of the stuff we know already, but actually see it in action. That wouldn't be asking to much, I guess. The only things I really want though, is a trailer with new things that confirms some information, and a release date. That will leave me content. Heck, the release date ALONE will make me happy (though I know, being that it's E3, they'll be showing more than just that =P )

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Like many of us, a release date is all I ask.
Characters, videos, demos all nice. But I gotta know when this game is coming out!
:psycho::psycho::psycho:

CrzyFalcon989

Smash Rookie
A RELEASE DATE PLEASE!!!!
And what surprises they can give us.
I want to see more footage and screenshots and how these 4 Controls will impress us.
But mainly a release date of all!

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
I'm quite sure there will be a new trailer, I think they will show Zelda as a new confirmed character this time. The release date will be revealed as "4th quarter 2007" I think they can either go for Halo 3 (why does that stupid little game sell anway?) or just the regualar christmas shopping. You know, I think they'll go for the latter and have some sorta wii+ssbb package to quickly get some more sales. Certainly if they show Pickachu etc standing together or running towards each other, just not yet fighting.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
A RELEASE DATE PLEASE!!!!
And what surprises they can give us.
I want to see more footage and screenshots and how these 4 Controls will impress us.
But mainly a release date of all!
For Pete's Sake, everyone's fussing over a release date! I couldn't care less about a release date; they can take as long as they want with it, so long as I get some new info from time to time.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
For Pete's Sake, everyone's fussing over a release date! I couldn't care less about a release date; they can take as long as they want with it, so long as I get some new info from time to time.
What? That's what the updates are for. E3 is the big bang, it has to tell EVEYTHING!!!....ok. :)

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
All I care about for Brawl is Online mode, and Snake.

I really do not care much about the items.... graphics.... hell, even the number or characters/levels.

The one thing that will bring totally new content to Smash Bros. is online play. If they don't do it, really, it's just the same Smash with different graphics/characters - and don't get me wrong, that's fine, but at the same time, it's 'same-old'.

Does Smash Bros. need graphics? Honestly no. The core gamer will be entertained regardless, as they are focused on technique and gameplay. As a 'core gamer' I must attest to this personally.

Characters are good also too though now that I think about it, for new technique.

But online is what's big here if you ask me. If they don't do something with it it's a big mistake. BIG mistake.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
Probably ANOTHER trailer with maybe three unconfirmed characters in it. Maybe Yoshi, D.K. and a newcomer and maybe a new stage or two. The whole trailer being in-game and showing Smash at it's best. Basically, a bunch of recorded matches flashing between another.

"PIT AND META KNIGHT FIGHTING IN THE AIR ON ANGEL LAND STAGE!!" *switch*
"WARIO SHOOTING MARIO WITH SUPER SCOPE ON BATTLEFIELD!!" *switch*
"PIKACHU HITTING KIRBY WITH ITS FINAL SMASH ON YOSHI'S ISLAND!!" *switch*
"OH, MY GOD! YOSHI!!" *switch*
"FOX AND SAMUS ON LYLAT CRUISE DUKING IT OUT!!" *switch*
"WOW, IT'S DONKEY KONG WITH A SUPER-DETAILED TIE!" *switch*
-screen blackens-
"HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!! RIDLEY ON A NEW METROID STAGE!!!!" *end*

. Yeah, that's about it. Probably a little info on the custom button configurations. A stretch in my opinion would be online info., and playable demo or MORE than three-five unconfirmed characters.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
"PIT AND META KNIGHT FIGHTING IN THE AIR ON ANGEL LAND STAGE!!" *switch*
"WARIO SHOOTING MARIO WITH SUPER SCOPE ON BATTLEFIELD!!" *switch*
"PIKACHU HITTING KIRBY WITH ITS FINAL SMASH ON YOSHI'S ISLAND!!" *switch*
"OH, MY GOD! YOSHI!!" *switch*
"FOX AND SAMUS ON LYLAT CRUISE DUKING IT OUT!!" *switch*
"WOW, IT'S DONKEY KONG WITH A SUPER-DETAILED TIE!" *switch*
-screen blackens-
"HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!! RIDLEY ON A NEW METROID STAGE!!!!" *end*
I love it. I hope that's true.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
personally i hope that they have some new things in it but i have a feeling that they are just going to show several fights and some of the newer stages and then they are ging to show Zelda as a new character and possibly more music and stages. though i hope that more characters show up:):)

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
I expect that we will probably get a rough release date and more than likely a new video.

But heres what I would love to see/hear:

- An exact release date
- Maybe a few new characters, even if it was just one or two, veteran or newcomers that we havent seen in a brawl video yet, i would be happy.
- Confirmation of no new 3rd party characters (I know everyone loves sonic but Im still a firm believer that this is a NINTENDO game, I can cope with just one or two guys like snake but I really would not enjoy seeing someone like sonic confirmed.)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Probably more assist trophies, no doubt? Then...we'll be like...wait! Is that character playable or not?? And everyone will be in mahem.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I think all the updates we saw so far will be throw in a new teaser trailer. I need some character confirmations now...... so I don't have to be worried when I see that everyone I wanted in this game is an assist trophy. Nintendo is killing me.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping that Nintnedo shows something that will everyone and their grandma buy Brawl. I mean, in this new gen,kill-or-be-killed era,they need to show something amazing. I was thinking about three old characters(DK,Yoshi,Captain Falcon) fighting Three new Guys(say Diddy,Krystal,and Ridley) and then do something like the Solid Snake entrance,showing Sonic blazing onto the scene in the last five seconds. That alone would give every single video game fan on the planet a mind-shattering nerdgasm.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I'm really hoping that Nintnedo shows something that will everyone and their grandma buy Brawl. I mean, in this new gen,kill-or-be-killed era,they need to show something amazing. I was thinking about three old characters(DK,Yoshi,Captain Falcon) fighting Three new Guys(say Diddy,Krystal,and Ridley) and then do something like the Solid Snake entrance,showing Sonic blazing onto the scene in the last five seconds. That alone would give every single video game fan on the planet a mind-shattering nerdgasm.
How about the twinkle in his eye like in the trailer for Sonic Next Gen,or a wink or laugh or SOMETHING!!! :mad:

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
All I want to see is a trailer showing all the characters that are going to be returning so I can stop hoping the guys I like will return for Brawl. If there is a trailer showing returning characters, but not all of the returning characters, then I hope they at least show Donkey Kong and Mewtwo (if they're returning).

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Seeing all that would pretty much no doubt impress me. It would be a huge relief just to find out that Rid;ey and Sonic were confirmed. A new Snake stage maybe ect ect.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
If we see any new comers it will be either more Snake gameplay or one new newcomer.I doubt we'll be seeing more than that in newcomer's sense.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, as explained in the article, they said it isn't being done out of absolute necessity or that it's an impossibility to create a demo from the point they're at now in development; they just want to focus on other announcements (with still an extremely high chance of a trailer for SSBB) and other playable games that may be coming out sooner. They could simply not want to waste a months worth of development time for a demo that a very small group of people will get to play for 55 minutes while fitting in focus on other products at the show. It's still, for, like, the fifth time, on track for a 2007 release in America and they could want to wait for TGS and E for All where more people would have more time with it and at a closer time to the launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom