• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Expectations for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
So alot of people are expecting new characters, new levels... others want to see online play, a demo, while some just want the release date. Some don't even tink there will be anything at E3!

What do you think is most likely in store for Brawl at E3, if anything?

I think that there will for sure be another trailer, and new character revelations, based on the fact that E3 is in about 3 weeks, and Sakurai has nearly wrapped up all the confirmed characters on his site...

I'm also really hoping to see what's going on for WiFi, I hope it's good, and maybe a demo if we're lucky.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I'd say DK, Yoshi, Captain Falcon confirmed. King DeDeDe, Ike, and Diddy for newcomers. Trailer showing all of these. And a release date or online. And hopefully a demo.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm expecting another character-parade-like trailer, like they did for Melee or even the second Brawl trailer they released. Just with a ton of characters. No newcomers, but a slew of returning brawlers including some of the clones with new moves. Probably a load of new stages in the backgrounds.

Probably a release date at the end of the trailer.

Demo? Maybe. I'm one that believes Brawl is further along in production than Sakurai is letting on, so it's definitely a possibility. Imagine the suspense if it couldn't be played until release, though.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing there will be a demo, since half the year is over and it's coming out this year. And hopefully all the returning characters will be confirmed, details on wifi, and possibly 1-3 characters, thats all I think we need to see for newcomers.
And if we're super lucky, a release date =O

~rh

Smash Lord
I would say so too. I've been disappointed many times in life and I've come to be accustomed to the saying "Expect the worst and be happy when something nice happens".

There probably will be some E3 material though, I don't know why they wouldn't.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I just want to see the release date, and maybe some actual gameplay. Stuff like new characters or stages would be icing on the cake.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Release date, plain and simple. You can stuff my head full of new characters and items and stages and such and I will be happy as a lark, but if there is no release date along with it I will still be very annoyed.

The way I see it is we get two of these three:

-release date
-demo
-trailer

My guess? We'll be getting a release date and a trailer most likely. Sakurai seems bound and determined not to let us actually play any sort of build of the game so far. That, and I'm assuming that the game is coming out late fall. If it comes out earlier, great, but i doubt it will.

Sakurai-sama, we've been good. PLEASE GIVE US SOMETHING!

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I just hope they announce something really sweet. Like online...

And I would REALLY like to see character costume alternatives.

But really, I say to hell with the release date, new characters, or even levels... ALL I WANT IS OPERABLE AND EFFICIENT ONLINE!!

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
I don't want anything any more than a release date, and a trailer showing some new game features and a little bit more about the characters we already know of. Also, maybe they could confirm some returning characters.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Playable demo would be sex because then in the rare event that one of the people at E3 is a melee smasher we can find out finally if the WD is in or not.

Yes thats my biggest concern, you all know it, don't even reply to this post. I won't respond to you.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
I would be shocked if no currently unknown newcomer/returning character information was released from E3 or just on the site durring the week of E3.

If there are newcomers/returning characters, I'd like all the default characters to be revealed, then alongside that I want to see what the menus/character selection looks like.

I would like to see another trailer that continues the "Newcomer: *name*" theme when it comes to newcomers. A demo is very possible, but I feel that Sakurai will be all secreative and keep it away from us.

And lastly, I really want a release date so I can start marking my calender with those crazy game countdowns.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it'll come full circle from last E3. We'll get a trailer showcasing handful of newcomers, a handful of verterans and a stage or two. And, there will probably also be a speech about it from Sakurai or Shiggy or someone else important that gives out a few (cryptic yet crucial) details. And maybe, if we've all been good little girls and boys, they'll let us know when to expect it on the shelves. Anything beyond that would probably be asking too much.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
My guess would be a new trailer showing DK, Yoshi and maybe 1 or 2 more returning characters as well as Ike since we already know that there are going to be FE characters, Sonic (if he's in the game they will want to promote the hell out of him, no way are they going to leave him as a hidden character), and one other newcomers most likely from a returning franchise without any new characters announced yet like possibly diddy kong. I would also expect a couple of new stages as well as a playable demo on the show floor as well as some general info about the game eg if there is online etc... Maybe i'm being optimistic but this is the biggest event to show it at before it's released so they may as well show it well. Oh and possibly a release date.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
All I want to see is maybe a few returning characters, something guaranteeing us of online play, and last but not least: a freakin' release date.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I don't care about ANYTHING else. Seriously, they could just keep quiet trought the whole thing, as long as they say:

"Oh yeah and Super Smash Bros. will launch on ______ ______, 2007"

That is all I want.

New trailer would be awesome too though.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
@ CBNJ and EAODE

Amen my friends. Heck, they could just show/tell us everything we already know about the 4 stages...3 items (I think), the 4 types of control, and the 10 confirmed characters and I wouldn't care. Just as long as we get a release date and as long as the things that I listed above are not what the game consists of (which it won't - obviously there'll be more) , I'll be content.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wind. Waker. Link.
( with. young link. b moves. )

Add Gardevoir to that and I'll be rolling around spastically on the floor giggling.

And a display of online functionality.

Characters and online functionality, that's all I care for. Except for tweaking of power and better CPUs and stuff, but they can hardly showcase that in a trailer.

Eaode

Smash Champion
It starts July 11th I think (MY BIRTHDAY!!)

So yeah. I get to play smash all day, and then go preorder Brawl (because they'll prolly have said the release date)

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's July 10-13 and Nintendo is showing their stuff on the tenth.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
with these daily updates, perhaps very little, the big daily updates will proly coincide with e3, but uhh... i expect atleast 2 characters revealed

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
I truly hope they dont reveal any more character. I prefer being suprised actually playing the game. All i want is a release date.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Aww... I gonna miss E3... I'm not going to have an access to a computer for the next 2 weeks until July 14th...

Oh well, At least I can comeback to see the juicy news later!

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
-New trailer shown at Nintendo Press conference.
-Starting character rooster unveiled
-Sonic pokes his spikey haired face into proceedings right at the end of the trailer
-Preliminary dates for Japan and US (not sure bout Europe)
-Playable demos
-Journalists completely divided over which control scheme is best.
Whatever happens, Smash Boards is going to be mental between July 11-13

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
My guess:
No new characters
No new stages
Just Online interface, and Mii integration - whether it be the Miis' faces in the Damage Charts, or Mii Profile online, or Mii as a character.

On a side note, looking forward to seeing Wii Music Orchestra - me wants to conduct!

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
All I want to know is the release date, anything more is just unnecessary spoilers, I'd just assume not know too many of the characters before even playing the game.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Sakurai's current updates seem to indicate that he is rushing through character stuff. Given that he just suddenly revealed Zelda, I believe he is working up info for E3.

What do I expect? A new trailer, but only with the beginning roster. Many veterans are likely, but if anything only one newcomer might be revealed, one you start off with that we havent seen yet (I think the one missing Smash World Icon would then be revealed as being this character's)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom