• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Expectations for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
@Caael like 500 posts ago:
Well, probably Gamespot. Of course, it's only for Americans ( why the f... ), but... it's not like they can tell that you aren't. Well, maybe they can, but not if you sign up briefly before it starts. ...I think.
Whatever, it's worth a try! What are they gonna do, ban me from the site and scold me?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I don't think G4 is showing it live... I looked at their schedule and they won't show anything until 6 PM EST.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
oh blah, it turns out that G4 isn't showing it live. is there any place else I can stream it live?

also, it starts at 4pm eastern, right?

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Well, actually there's no conference. That Gamespot thing is mostly them looking around Nintendo's booth on the show floor and getting some hands-on impressions of the games. Since Brawl is not there, I don't think we'll be getting anything else related to the game (besides the updates, that is).

E3E_IceClimbers

Smash Apprentice
as watching the first hour on gamespot....i doubt we will get any brawl update.....they are just goin over games with the creators ect and over looking the e3 floor

Caael

Smash Lord
@Caael like 500 posts ago:
Well, probably Gamespot. Of course, it's only for Americans ( why the f... ), but... it's not like they can tell that you aren't. Well, maybe they can, but not if you sign up briefly before it starts. ...I think.
Whatever, it's worth a try! What are they gonna do, ban me from the site and scold me?
Lulz, I signed up just now. They have a ' different country' option, which I had missed the first time. Which country are you in anyway?

I'm not having high hopes for Brawl, this E3 is all about MKWii for me.

Hey....i'm a poet, but I didn't know it.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
oh balls, It turns out that my grandpa's mac wants to suck, and it wont let me watch the gamespot stuff.
oh well, someone better at least keep me updated on this thread.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...this site confuses the hell out of me. Someone said that it won't work if you're not American and I logged in as a German and the fields that said "Log in to set reminder" before were empty, so I figured it was only available to American members.... waaaaaaaah! *rips out hair*

... on the other hand, the Gamespot stream didn't work for me last time. And 1Up doesn't seem to be having anything. So, dammit.

...also, Germany.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
tokyo game show then?
There's going to be a seperate event specifically for Brawl. Unfortunately we've got no date of any sort for it, so we'll just be sitting on our thumbs waiting for news about news if there isn't even a trailer here at E3.

LMAT4

Smash Cadet
as am i, i really wanted to see an extended trailer of some sort. maybe a few more characters.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
^^Why on earth would Nintendo do that? How would that fit in with their strategy of releasing as little info as possible to confuse and infuriate us to no end? Nintendo loves screwing with the minds of its core audience in that sense.

Somebody else said it on these forums. Wii Fit can take a flying leap to the moon for all I care, what the HELL happened to brawl?

That is all.

LMAT4

Smash Cadet
^^Why on earth would Nintendo do that? How would that fit in with their strategy of releasing as little info as possible to confuse and infuriate us to no end? Nintendo loves screwing with the minds of its core audience in that sense.

Somebody else said it on these forums. Wii Fit can take a flying leap to the moon for all I care, what the HELL happened to brawl?

That is all.
ok calm down! i just wanted to know a little more information!

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Sorry, unintentionally went into rant mode for a bit there. I didn't mean to blow up or anything lol.

I want information too... and I'm just a little miffed that it won't be coming at E3. That's all.

LMAT4

Smash Cadet
hopefuly we shall get a good update 2moro on the smash website.....hopefuly

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i think there was alot of cool things at E3, but we just didn't get all we wanted.

galaxy+release date=good
brawl+release date=good
mario kart wii+confirmation=good

all that there is to complain is lack of info (cept for metroid and phantom hourglass there was alot there, and that's awesome)

BentoBox

Smash Master
I personally do not care about release dates as it doesn't really change anything. [must save up faster!]

And all of the "cool" things revolved around franchises that we've been playing 10 years ago. Don't get me wrong, brawl, galaxy, mp and mk will be awesome but not refreshing in any way. I'm still wondering whats taking N so long to come up with a new mascot (besides pikmin) or a new game that's actually -deep-.

BentoBox

Smash Master
And the fact that PH hasn't even been mentionned so far is a major letdown.

BW is just a gameboy port. And frankly it doesn't appeal to me that much. And it is in no way -deep.

BDAOutlaw

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone see the IGN news article stateing that there will not only be no Demo but Nintendo seems to not want to put up a gameplay video at ALL??????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wait 6 months for this E3 to stop looking at the same trailers and they screw me over like this......even on G4 reggies interview was crappy he was struggle to talk about how he was supporting the Hard Core gamers....this jus puts the iceing on the cake.........

http://wii.ign.com/articles/804/804234p1.html

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Did anyone see the IGN news article stateing that there will not only be no Demo but Nintendo seems to not want to put up a gameplay video at ALL??????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wait 6 months for this E3 to stop looking at the same trailers and they screw me over like this......even on G4 reggies interview was crappy he was struggle to talk about how he was supporting the Hard Core gamers....this jus puts the iceing on the cake.........

http://wii.ign.com/articles/804/804234p1.html
It seems that Nintendo just wants to tease us more and more with SSBB. They might be doing this so we can get hyped up for the game when it comes out. Anyway, they might have a trailer at the end of E3 with the Mario and Sonic confrontation, confirming Sonic for Brawl. That would be nice for me and others here as well.

Croco

Smash Lord
Just to point this out.. in the IGN E3 2007: Shigeru Miyamoto Video Interview.. Miyamoto answers a question regarding anything playable soon. He basically said he isn't allow to say anything regarding it except that everything will be shown on the Dojo site over time. Oh and he said that some 3rd parties have gotten very close to Nintendo.. but he wasn't allowed to say who. This could mean something about Brawl again.

http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/804/804464/vids_1.html

Sandy

Smash Champion
It's already been confirmed today that there is indeed no new info about SSBB besides the release date. However, one of the reps said that when they come back from E3, they're going to be looking at their calendar to find a date that would be suitable to have their "Brawl-specified" event on. I hope it's before TGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom