• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Expectations for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BentoBox

Smash Master
And?

Aside from MP, SMG and SSBB, games we all knew about last freaking year, we didn't get crap except a new fitness game, which is supposed to be appealing to hardcore gamers. I lol'd. Even if it was just a press conference, it's easy to see where Nintendo is heading.

Microsoft's PC was way more interesting.

BentoBox

Smash Master
We all knew it was coming, unless you're too dense to realise that the same franchises are being made every single generation.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Even so, it doesnt seem to me like the Wii has had much to provide for said "hardcore gamers". Again, 3rd party companies are still only making games using the wiimote to its "full-potential" but totally lacking depth. I would've loved to have a game comparable to Assassin's Creed or GoW on the Wii, and yet it doesn't look like its going to happen any soon. Except for the very few interesting 1rst parties. Most of the show was focused around how the Wii got to bring ppl together through unconventional games [wii sports, brain age games, yadayada]. Their big surprise also fell in that category. I know I'll be buying a Wii just for SSBB, I just wish it had much more to offer than the same old franchises and nobrainer games whose sole purpose is to make you sweat. Everytime they present a "new" game, its always about how the controller revolutionizes this and that and yet, they never actually get to talk about the game itself, seems to me like they got their focus at the wrong place.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So...is this all we're getting from Brawl as far as E3 is concerned? I mean, I'm cool with DK being (briefly) confirmed, and I like having a release date, but a trailer would be nice.

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
He said the release date in America was December 3rd, that means it will be out in Japan before then right?

So we'll get to know everything before it comes out here for sure.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Here is an image of your favorite ape :

I've taken it from the video, sorry for the quality.
PS: That electric ball is Pikachu doing his Volt Tackle.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So when does Nintendo's floor show first become available? Later today? Tomorrow? Next Thursday? With all the hype, I need more Brawl info ASAP. =)

Fawriel

Smash Master
So... no hints at when more stuff could be revealed? All the e3 schedules I remember reading are about press conferences...

Will there be any other planned shows or do they just take out a loudspeaker at a random time of the day and hope enough people come to watch or what?

Sorry for obviously being a n00b in this regard. I don't know how these expos work and I'm completely new to being a "gamer", if I can even call myself that already. It's the first time I'm actively waiting for a game to come out.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
He said the release date in America was December 3rd, that means it will be out in Japan before then right?

So we'll get to know everything before it comes out here for sure.
Have you already forgotten? America received the Wii before Japan did. I think the old rule of "Japan gets everything first" is slowly becoming obsolete. Obviously, Nintendo reserves the right to release things wherever they want whenever they want, they seem to be striving toward more world-wide releases.

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
There will be more stuff coming in the next few days right? If that 40 second clip is all we get I WILL punch someone. Also, did I see Sonic?

haha jk jk

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even so, it doesnt seem to me like the Wii has had much to provide for said "hardcore gamers". Again, 3rd party companies are still only making games using the wiimote to its "full-potential" but totally lacking depth. I would've loved to have a game comparable to Assassin's Creed or GoW on the Wii, and yet it doesn't look like its going to happen any soon. Except for the very few interesting 1rst parties. Most of the show was focused around how the Wii got to bring ppl together through unconventional games [wii sports, brain age games, yadayada]. Their big surprise also fell in that category. I know I'll be buying a Wii just for SSBB, I just wish it had much more to offer than the same old franchises and nobrainer games whose sole purpose is to make you sweat. Everytime they present a "new" game, its always about how the controller revolutionizes this and that and yet, they never actually get to talk about the game itself, seems to me like they got their focus at the wrong place.
Maybe their focus is where it should be. They are taking the world by storm! You must not know much about Marketing. What they are doing is genius. And... I LOVE all their new games. Sorry I'm not a hard core player like you, so maybe you should go spend $600 if you want "semi hard gaming."

As for me and Buzz, we're going to save ourselves $400 and play Wii.

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
We'll wait for our E3 insiders to fill us in on what they found.

And ****, Reggie was rather subtle with talking about Sonic, huh?

soaz

Smash Ace
Thnx donkey smasher havent seen that,giga bowser walks weird.And pikas FS has mad knockback.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
well about pika's fs we don't know how much damage dk and mario had

however i believe that so far the strength of fs goes in this order

pika-bowser-link-mario

why because it is logic that moves that put the user in danger (pika) should do more damage then safe attacks (mario) also you have to see which fs homes in on one peron or can damage a lot(link over mario) finally time is in the calculation to (bowser)

besides sakurai wants balance and this to me is the most balanced way to do it

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
Have you already forgotten? America received the Wii before Japan did. I think the old rule of "Japan gets everything first" is slowly becoming obsolete. Obviously, Nintendo reserves the right to release things wherever they want whenever they want, they seem to be striving toward more world-wide releases.
I actually didn't know the Wii was released in America first. :(

I still don't have one so thats why :laugh:

Blackadder

Smash Master
The release date is December 3rd in the Americas...but I'm in Australia, which (If it follows normal porcedure) I should get the game a good month or two after you guys! Great! yay!
*sarcasm*

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
that version shows that the ball that was confused to be sonic is in fact a bomb and kirby

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hmm, the volt tackle looks to be a good FS...

Man, I would love to hear people online complain as I wavedash away and shield when they get near... with luigi >:p

A-Laon

Smash Master
I'd just like to say that this person, unlike many on these boards, has risen above the common manipulation from fanboyism and showcase novelties, and actually knows what the hell he's talking about.

I commend you.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I commend you also... because when I heard him say that third parties made the most percentage of the games on Wii that were popular... all I could think of is "Mini-Games That 'Revolutionize Gaming" other than a "game."

Coolio

Smash Rookie
So what did we learn about SSBB from E3 so far other than the release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom