• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Expectations for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Maybe their focus is where it should be. They are taking the world by storm! You must not know much about Marketing. What they are doing is genius. And... I LOVE all their new games. Sorry I'm not a hard core player like you, so maybe you should go spend $600 if you want "semi hard gaming."

As for me and Buzz, we're going to save ourselves $400 and play Wii.
The fact that they are taking the "world by storm" is irrelevant. Yay, 80 year old grannies can now enjoy video games; should I care? I'm just disappointed that the only must-buys on the Wii are still 1rst parties. I'm awaiting SSBB, MK, SMG and MP as much as you do but frankly, all of these generations-old franchises do lack novelty. Compared to the Gamecube, it doesn't really seem to me like things evolved... even though we're getting more support this time around.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Maybe their focus is where it should be. They are taking the world by storm! You must not know much about Marketing. What they are doing is genius. And... I LOVE all their new games. Sorry I'm not a hard core player like you, so maybe you should go spend $600 if you want "semi hard gaming."

As for me and Buzz, we're going to save ourselves $400 and play Wii.
How much a console costs isn't some dominant factor that dictates the quality of the games on it. The Wii should still be providing a large selection of high-quality games without being $600. That argument was not only a really bad attempt at attacking Sony and Microsoft, but also totally irrelevant.

Sandy

Smash Champion
You know what I think the honest truth this... This Dec 3rd release date is simply a business move. Im sure most of you have seen this quote- "During a test play between Sakurai and Hideo Kojima, Kojima stated that the game feels complete and that Nintendo "could put it out right now and it could sell millions of copies." So personally I believe the game is just about done and seriously could release alot earlier (ie sept or oct). I just think that Nintendo is just making a business move and releasing it in December. That way many people will not only have Wii's under their Christmas trees this year, but a copy of SSBB too. Even when the GC came out, the SSBM release boosted the gamecube's sales. So yea that's my take on it, Nintendo is just making us wait more so that they can make money. That's capitalism for ya

A-Laon

Smash Master
It was somewhat clued into a little while back that Nintendo would be making Brawl a holiday Wii package. Yes, it's a business move, but I sincerely doubt that Nintendo doesn't have anything to do with Brawl in that time. If the game is as "complete" as has been remarked, then this extra time should be able to make additional features / characters / stages etc. possible. For once, I'm not going to bash Nintendo for this decision. :p

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah SandTiger that makes a lot of sense but I was thinking they would release around Halo 3 to try to kill some of the hype for it and to give microsoft a littel competition. But I guess they're using Galaxy for that.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
You know what I think the honest truth this... This Dec 3rd release date is simply a business move. Im sure most of you have seen this quote- "During a test play between Sakurai and Hideo Kojima, Kojima stated that the game feels complete and that Nintendo "could put it out right now and it could sell millions of copies." So personally I believe the game is just about done and seriously could release alot earlier (ie sept or oct). I just think that Nintendo is just making a business move and releasing it in December. That way many people will not only have Wii's under their Christmas trees this year, but a copy of SSBB too. Even when the GC came out, the SSBM release boosted the gamecube's sales. So yea that's my take on it, Nintendo is just making us wait more so that they can make money. That's capitalism for ya
hideo only played a single match with sakurai. that doesn't mean that EVERYTHING is finished. I'm certain sakurai is adding a few more assist trophies, special features, and the like, before december. after all, if sakurai just sat on his lazy butt for 5 months, that would just be stupid. and we all know sakurai isn't stupid.

LMAT4

Smash Cadet
on gamespots website they have an E3 Live Schedule, and today it lists " A ninty shindig " which is happening today at E3.

will we be able to watch it on gamespots website like they did for the ninty press conference or is there another website any one knows about who will be showing it

LMAT4

Smash Cadet
does any one know if we can watch it live on a website? if so can you post the link please

LMAT4

Smash Cadet
so now that i've joined gamespot, i'll be able to watch nintendo conference 2day?

Croco

Smash Lord
So PDT is the time the forum uses?
PDT is Pacific Daylight Time. It's the time zone which California is in.
You select your timezone on the smash forums.. which then converts timezone to timezone.
So if you where 3am PDT.. and I'm EST.. that means your 3 hours behind me. So my time is 6am. So If you make a post at 3:15am it will read 6:15am on the forums for me and 3:15am for you.

MechanizedDeviousFox

Smash Journeyman
When's Nintendo's next bit of E3 then? I need to see more of Mario Kart Wii, and hopefully Brawl trailer ( if the one posted on the site wasn't the full one)
Later on today, 1 PM Pacific Time, which is 2 in the afternoon for me. I'm hoping they'll reveal a Brawl trailer today, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for a trailer,hopefully revealing a few veterans or a newcomer. But if we get anything at all I'll be happy.

Question,does anyone know when the conference will be for people in Michigan?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Since it's at 1 PM Pacific time that means it'll be 3 PM in the Central Time Zone. Right?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Looks like I'm taking a two o'clock lunch today from work. There'd better be something amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom