• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Expectations for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
well he probabely won't show unlockable characters so most of us will be

"expected, expected, wher's the good stuff"

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I really don't think there is going to be a demo beyond what we saw in the Nintendo World video.

What I truly expect for e3 is the Menu1/Battlefield music playing in the background and a really awesome new trailer...maybe a new character. But, I expect these couple of weeks leading up to it for Sakurai to release a lot of not so new but good stuff (like yesterday's) so that he'll confirm most of the stuff we're gonna see in the trailer.

A release date would be nice, but that's a coin toss...

Just throwing this out there...I'd really love to see either Ct. Olimar or Ridley shown in a new trailer...but, I can dream, can't I?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
captain olimar would probably be a top secret character

but it will be cool to see olimar fighting with his slaves

ah nintendo you somehow make stuff like murder and slavery childish fun and comical

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm sure we'll get another trailer. Not to assert that it should be any indication of what E3 '07 will hold, but Melee's starting lineup was revealed at, if not before, E3 '01. So Sakurai is probably trying to do lots of character updates right now. I would put money on knowing the basic cast by or at E3 this year.

I also think that a release date would be realistic. I believe Hideo Kojima was quoted as saying that Brawl seemed "ready for release" when he played it, or something about how if it were released at that time, Brawl would sell millions of copies. I think Mario Galaxy will be Nintendo's big holiday item (alongside the DVD-playing Wiis); a fall release date makes an announcement almost inherent.

What I WANT to see, however, is more doing than seeing: a demo. I just want to get my hands on the game! Melee was playable at its respective E3; why shouldn't Brawl get the same treatment? Sure, not all default characters were playable, but some Brawl is better than none.

Aaaaand it would be really nice if Sakurai revealed Toad. I would cry. Really, I think I would. Tears of joy, just to clarify. =)

JesterBox

Smash Ace

ah nintendo you somehow make stuff like murder and slavery childish fun and comical
Don't forget cannibalisim and steryotyping!
.......................... (Kirby).................(Samurai Goroh)(Mario)

the grim lizard

Smash Master

Those little guys were the dumbest creatures ever...if it weren't for Olimar's enslavement of them, they would all die on their own. You tell them to follow you or to stay put, and they end up running and getting themselves killed. They're worse than a bunch of dumb little kids, lol...

Anyway, I'd love to see him showcased.

Also, I really do doubt a playable demo, plus...I really don't want there to be one either. I won't be playing it so...I'd rather they didn't have one at all.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
it will be a trailer. opening scene has pichu, ice climbers, g&w, and mew2 fighting. Then Wario comes in and does teh waft, sending them all flying away before a line comes across the screen saying ELIMINATED!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
it will be a trailer. opening scene has pichu, ice climbers, g&w, and mew2 fighting. Then Wario comes in and does teh waft, sending them all flying away before a line comes across the screen saying ELIMINATED!
Contrary to popular belief...Mewtwo isn't going anywhere.

Try substituting Roy or Sheik there...

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure we'll get another trailer. Not to assert that it should be any indication of what E3 '07 will hold, but Melee's starting lineup was revealed at, if not before, E3 '01. So Sakurai is probably trying to do lots of character updates right now. I would put money on knowing the basic cast by or at E3 this year.

I also think that a release date would be realistic. I believe Hideo Kojima was quoted as saying that Brawl seemed "ready for release" when he played it, or something about how if it were released at that time, Brawl would sell millions of copies. I think Mario Galaxy will be Nintendo's big holiday item (alongside the DVD-playing Wiis); a fall release date makes an announcement almost inherent.

What I WANT to see, however, is more doing than seeing: a demo. I just want to get my hands on the game! Melee was playable at its respective E3; why shouldn't Brawl get the same treatment? Sure, not all default characters were playable, but some Brawl is better than none.

Aaaaand it would be really nice if Sakurai revealed Toad. I would cry. Really, I think I would. Tears of joy, just to clarify. =)
^^^Post of the day.

ThePROMINENCE

Smash Rookie
I think they might include another trailer. At every other major event nintendo has attended they in cluded a trailer ( E3, Nintendo World). So I'm sure there will be some kind of news, whatever that may be. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm not saying to whether or not Sonic will be included in Brawl but if he was going to be it would definintly be announced at the up and coming E3 or the following events ( TGS, Nintendo World ). Information of that calibur would most likely be saved for such events, especially E3. The info could be announced where all would hear and see it and the press would catch on quickly, so the info would spread like an virus. I'm not counting ANYTHING out but if there is something major to hear such as the inclusion of a character like that, which is a very hyped topic among everyone, we'll know about it soon enough.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
-trailer
-demo (online)
-characters (some retourning, some new)......King DDD, Olimar pokemon? i duno
stages- ....
-Sonic....if there's any time to show he's in, it'l be in front of the press, compitition etc

Rash

Smash Ace
I can't believe that by the time E3 comes around it will have been over a year and two months since were saw that first SSBB trailer. Time's flying.

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
There is almost NO WAY that they will release a demo!:urg:Unfortannetley!
I think there will be a trailer tough!
There will be a release date!:chuckle::chuckle:Oh, Yes!!!!:cool:
In the trailer they show some veterans!
Then just like the other one, a newcomer, MABYE another one and then Sonic jumps out and beats them all up, looks at screen and the release date pops up! That's the best part!:)

Two or three new stages in video!

Up till E3 they will release interesting things but noting Eye Opening though!:ohwell:
If they release characters before E3 it will be veterans!

But, that will just be my guess!

Prob. no ZCaptain Olimar, sorry! He'll be an unlockable!:( If he's in!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
super link brothers it doesn't matter if you have good points

no one will take you seriously with all these faces

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
Yeah, Lime Green!
super link brothers it doesn't matter if you have good pointsI know, lol!

no one will take you seriously with all these facesYes but that was just my oppinion, just like evryone else's oppinions!
There is almost NO WAY that they will release a demo!:urg:Unfortannetley!
I think there will be a trailer tough!
There will be a release date!:chuckle::chuckle:Oh, Yes!!!!:cool:
In the trailer they show some veterans!
Then just like the other one, a newcomer, MABYE another one and then Sonic jumps out and beats them all up, looks at screen and the release date pops up! That's the best part!:)

Two or three new stages in video!

Up till E3 they will release interesting things but noting Eye Opening though!:ohwell:
If they release characters before E3 it will be veterans!

But that will just be my guess! Hey, like I said beforeQoute: But, that will just be my guess!

Prob. no Captain Olimar, sorry! He'll be an unlockable!:Same about this, it's my oppinion, yeah, sorry pikmim fans, that's what I believe!( If he's in!
Just my oppinion!:cool:

Oh, by the way, I just got my Wii, wahoo! How do you know what number it is, like the Wifi thing???

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
Wii #: ____ ____ ____ ____How do you know what this number is???

Oh, BTW, even though I don't think there will be a demo, I do want one!

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
Well i hope that some NEW chars are confirmed.
Not that we just see that Yoshi,Luigi,Peach and so on are coming back.

@Donkey
Whats your problem with the smilies?
If they shouldnt be used the moderators could just turn 'em off. :ohwell:

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
the wii number

first go to the message area

then go to mail and posts (pencil and paper)

the one on the right has your wii number

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I think that some of the new stages will come along with saying Zelda as a newcomer with possibly more characters.

I just hope that a release date comes around soon

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
Smileys

Well i hope that some NEW chars are confirmed.
Not that we just see that Yoshi,Luigi,Peach and so on are coming back.Right on!

@Donkey
Whats your problem with the smilies?
If they shouldnt be used the moderators could just turn 'em off. :ohwell:Yeah, just turn them off!!
the wii number

first go to the message area

then go to mail and posts (pencil and paper)

the one on the right has your wii numberAllright, thanks, oh and another thing... :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:laugh::laugh::laugh: :p:p so there!!!

One more thing, :p Besides, you can only have 21 images in a post!

edsuck

Smash Rookie
i would like to see a trailer of the returning characters and showing a few new characters, a release date BEFORE NOVEMBER!! T_T and something to show us that it will have online play.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I think at least three returnies and three newcomers should be revealed, whether it be in a trailer or not, and a rough guess for a release date, although that will probably be, if in this year, around Christmas.

Alphalink

Smash Apprentice
I expect them to announce a game release of 2008

typical nintendo big releases, always getting delayed

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I wish that they would just release the full game at E3 out of nowhere, and not make us wait an extra 4-5 months. But that does sound cool about the beta/demo deal.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I wish that they would just release the full game at E3 out of nowhere, and not make us wait an extra 4-5 months. But that does sound cool about the beta/demo deal.
Demo? Mmmm.. I hope they do, but I don't think they will. :ohwell:

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I really hope they release a new trailer at least. I actually am more eager for the character roster than the release date. Trailer would have 5 newcomers, like the first one, and a bunch of returning characters. If there is another third party character introduction, it'll be at the end of the trailer, and most likely will have some sort of twist that shocks everybody again... If there did happen to be a demo of SSBB, I'd be excited...

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I don't think Sonic will be in Brawl cuz I read up on M&S@Olympics, and it said Mario and Sonic together for the FIRST time ever.
Unless Olympics comes out before brawl, sonic can't be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom