• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Expectations for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for us this year. Thank goodness for G4 eh? However, it seems that we won't see anything until mabey tomorrow. The titles of today's parts are Preview and Focus: Microsoft, so we may have to wait for the ones tomorrow and thurstday and friday for Nintendo.

h2ownage

Smash Journeyman
Victoria, Australia. We have Strikers already! For
Hey, just a question regarding E3 and I thought I should post it here seeing as the other one is closed for now.
What time is the part where Brawl is talked about? Because I got myself all psyched up today (Wednesday the 11th, I live in Australia) all day and it is now 5:00 and I realised the time difference.

schep

Smash Cadet
sad to say but...

I hate to tell ya man... but it's been announced that smash will not be demoed or showcased at E3. Maybe we'll atleast see a video of someone playing a recorded version of it. I wanna see some actual gameplay

-Y-peace-Y-

Betaz

Smash Ace
@Betaz
He was informing me because I asked (thanks btw :)). I knew that Brawl wasn't being showcased, I was wondering if we would see anything at all.
oops! your right srry schep... i'm a little tired from being on DP every night.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
how do you know it wont be showcased i dont remember reading that anywhere

Betaz

Smash Ace
@smashmv

the G4 channel reported that it will not be showcased

there was alot of talk about this at the locked thread about e3 but then we got sidetracked and Mic locked it ^_^

on a sidenote: wow this is the most i have ever posted in one day...
*looks at join date and posts*
i read alot....

IM NOT WEIRD!!!

Caael

Smash Lord
I'm not convinced about Brawl not being showcased.

1. Surely on the Smashbros site it would be mentioned somewhere
2. The E3 official site says nothign about Brawl not being showcased
3. Only the Americans know about it not being showcased, the rest of the world are oblivious
4. Sources?

Blackadder

Smash Master
This is all a stupid myth I heard hours ago.
Caael stated all the reason to exactly WHY G4 is misinformed.
They simply mistook "Not playable at E3" for "not in E3 at all"
Because there how you say "teh stoopidz".
On topic, I feel that we can expect the famous character "Parade" again for the Brawl tralier. And a realeas date. Thats all I expect.
I'm trying to keep my hopes low. XD

Shuma

Smash Hero
I'm Expecting at least 2 newcomes along with some unnanounced Veterans.

Hopefully we'll see Ridley/Ike/Wolf/Ganondorf.

Caael

Smash Lord
Thank you, Blackadder.

They released the first trailer with new characters in it. Having no new ( new meaning not in the past 2 games) since then, I think we can expect some new characters. And hopefully more FS's.

Blackadder

Smash Master
New characters would be an okay addition to the Brawl cast (and E3 tralier FTW) but I woulden't expect to see them unless there part of the starting roster. New Bacon attacks would be neat, too, I never even thought of them...

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ridley, I fear, will turn into an AT...but I just think that, simply becuase I'm being pesimistic and cold to Sakurai...which is rare for me.
I Just think he'll ignore my precious Ridley...dunno why.. ^.-
Dedede would be a great addition, but 3 characters form Kirby may be stretching it, but then again, there going to have a fare few more characters than Melee ever did. Well, I think.
I HOPE ):!!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I don't think they are going to reveal any unlockable characters, spare thrid party if we are lucky...

that maybe why we won't see dedede or Rids for a while.

Betaz

Smash Ace
actually now that i think about it the Ridley boss battle music...

Ridley Interacting on a Metroid level?

Blackadder

Smash Master

Seems more than likely.
A lot of people have come to assume it could mean Ridley is in the game as a playable, or a "mini-boss" for the adventure mode or something.
I sorley hope that isn't the case, and be is playable.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm. I know it has all probably been asked before and stuff, but...

Where can I get a live stream of the Nintendo press conference?
Okay, I already found out that it's on 1Up and Gamespot at least, but how does it work? I'm totally new to this... I don't want to end up sitting in front of the screen, the conference has already started and I'm trying to find out how to watch it for half an hour because what I thought was the live-stream window was actually just the recording of the Windows press conference. =/

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi

But just for teh sake of things... let me point out most of the other playable character in melee have a theme song.

Blackadder

Smash Master
@Fawriel (WHo happend to state earlier today that he digs Dawn Patrol FTW)
Anyways, I dunno about all that stuff either...But I would really like to know to.
I mean, hell, I have to stay up till 2AM to see it, and lemme tell you, I WILL see it.
Also, can someone link me to one of the sites hosting a live feed?

Caael

Smash Lord
Ridley, I fear, will turn into an AT...but I just think that, simply becuase I'm being pesimistic and cold to Sakurai...which is rare for me.
I Just think he'll ignore my precious Ridley...dunno why.. ^.-
Dedede would be a great addition, but 3 characters form Kirby may be stretching it, but then again, there going to have a fare few more characters than Melee ever did. Well, I think.
I HOPE ):!!
AT? Hayl no, Ridley is too important for that.

See above
Seems more than likely.
A lot of people have come to assume it could mean Ridley is in the game as a playable, or a "mini-boss" for the adventure mode or something.
I sorley hope that isn't the case, and be is playable.
He will be playble. I have no doubts about that. He has music, Metroid needs more rep, Sakurai wants more villains and flyers, and Dark Samus wont replace him; 3 Samus' is a bit much.

Betaz

Smash Ace
But just for teh sake of things... let me point out most of the other playable character in melee have a theme song.
*sigh* true you can only hope...
well i'm gonna get to bed i only got three hours of sleep last night thx to the update and i'm running on energy drinks... talk to you guys when e3 news is out....

Blackadder

Smash Master
As long as he is playable, I'll be a happy man for the next 3000 years.

Well, until the next smash comes out after Brawl.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Oh, god, not diddy!
I would do anything to have that little chimp shot now.
Buy animal rights activists just for the sake or irony.
I don't want Diddy, as you may have guessed. XD

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
Depends on your definition of showcased... of course they're gonna' get in-depth with it. They'll probably have a new trailer, announcements basically relaying what we already know about the control schemes, and (hopefully) a release date. I think Nintendo has bigger fish to fry though - Miyamoto might drop a bomb on us all... or maybe they'll just want to get some publicity for a new Mario Kart, new Pikmin, etc, etc.

Either way, Smash will probably not be Nintendo's prime chess piece this year... but with 6 hours to go until the press conference, I'm sure our questions will be answered soon enough.

Blackadder

Smash Master
One can only hope, but keep your hopes low, we could easily get NOTHING out of E3 this year. Brawl wise.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Nope..
I have a link to Gamespot though.
I think you just click a link at 9 when it's on...
But I'm nt sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom