• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Expectations for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starzaka

Smash Rookie
Well for me, the E3 Nintendo press conference will be today at 12:00noon Eastern Time .
You can watch the live video stream here http://www.g4tv.com/e32007/webcam.html
Right now it's empty, but something should pop up later today as it gets closer.

I recommend watching it online over tv, there was like 3-4 commercials during the Microsoft press conference! -_-

Caael

Smash Lord
G4 said brawl will not be in E3 ;/

G4 mistook Brawl not being in E3 for not having a playable demo at E3. And we dont know what it's sources were, so you cant just say ' The TV sed this so it's tru lulz'. Plus it doesn't say anywhere else, not on wiki, not on Gamespot, not even the official E3 site that Brawl wont be appearing.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Thus rendering it false.
I'm only watching the Brawl part anyway, its ALL I care about myself. XD

Croco

Smash Lord
I'm guess a new trailer.. with 1-2 new third party characters revealed at the end of the trailer.
It will either be Sonic, Megaman, or just 1-2 more Konami Characters.
a release date..? Hopefully.

Though I would be impressed if company names flash up in a trailer..
It would make things more dramatic..
Konami, Silicon Knights, Sega, and Capcom etc.

Though just a short video clip would make me happy.

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see them throw some suspense in. Like at the very end flash a brief silhouette and make everyone go "ZOMG WAS IT SONIC?"

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
sup, im right now at work.. ill try to follow the evnts here on the forum!!

please can someone tell me in how many hours the nintendo conference begins?

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
oh, thank god! I went to bed after reading that there woudnt be anything brawl at E3, and had nightmares of all sorts. and man, please be something good, trailer, release date, big money, big money-

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
I don't have any idea about what Nintendo is planning to show us today, but it dosen't sound like their focused al that much on just Brawl. Hey, you never know, they could show us a video or something. The Nintendo reps. could even play the game literally at the press conference. It's just kind of foggy at the moment:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/801/801246p1.html

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
Man, ppl, don't have such high expectations! Be just ****ing happy if they show a tiny trailer or some new screens... After all brawl is the only game that has a site with daily (weekday) updates... Halo fans have to do it with e3 and that's it...

Sandy

Smash Champion
I want to see a strong, but mainly steady supply of games from now on. I'm tired of waiting months until I get a good game. It is too annoying to have to wait until November of each year to get the AAA titles that we crave. Seeing 2 must-have releases all year and then getting bombarded with 4 in November is getting old and I don't want to see it anymore. I want a steady supply of games all year, and I want Nintendo to show us what they have in store for the next year right now. No more secrets. The system is out. Tell us what you've got. No more hinting at what may be in store for the future. I want it now. I want to hear about Mario Kart Wii, Animal Crossing Wii, Starfox Wii, and Disaster and I want details. Online play? Where are you? It's time to come out of the closet Nintendo and flex the big guns. Playing the waiting and speculation game is getting old and I am running out of time with college coming next year. This year needs to satisfy me and I want to see what is in store.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to make sure ppl expect the worst case. So IF it'll be great, ppl are happy. Because if you have high expectation you'll just be disappointed, yes?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I just wanted to make sure ppl expect the worst case. So IF it'll be great, ppl are happy. Because if you have high expectation you'll just be disappointed, yes?

Thats how I feel, every morning when I go to smashbros, I just think "Man, this is going to be music, and I hate that" (My speakers are broken) So when it is something even as simple as a bumper, I am not disappointed, but If I was thinking "character, chaaraaacccttteeerrr" I would be very dissapointed..

*Is disappointed soley because he made that post*

:urg:

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... if there was ever a time to get in-over-your-head excited, I think this is it.

And watch me get proven wrong... XD

Starzaka

Smash Rookie
Some people were saying E3 wasn't gonna be as good this year, but it's the exact same thing minus the booth babes, crazy cosplays, and hundreds of sweaty guys walking around.

It's still the best around :)

I

i8waffles612

Im not gonna watch in on G4 on TV because of commercials. Do you guys know any websites that will be showing it live?

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
If you guys did watch the preview show, right before the Microsoft press conference, Geoff something and Adam Sesler broke down what they wantted from each of the three companies. When it came around for Nintendo's turn the Geoff guy said something like how he was very dissapointed about Brawl not being at this years E3. I don't know if he was joking,serious, or just meant it wouldn't be playable. Did anyone else see that part because I don't know what to make of it

LMAT4

Smash Cadet
gamespot will show it too, i watched the 360 one on their, on gamespot it says it will start at 5, so watch it then

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
If you guys did watch the preview show, right before the Microsoft press conference, Geoff something and Adam Sesler broke down what they wantted from each of the three companies. When it came around for Nintendo's turn the Geoff guy said something like how he was very dissapointed about Brawl not being at this years E3. I don't know if he was joking,serious, or just meant it wouldn't be playable. Did anyone else see that part because I don't know what to make of it
I'm hoping they just mean not playable...

Starzaka

Smash Rookie
He did seem pretty upset when he said that...

I'm still hoping Geoff said that to fool you and lower your expectations for the show. Knowing how G4 likes to joke around, that may not be too far from the truth.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
He did seem pretty upset when he said that...

I'm still hoping Geoff said that to fool you and lower your expectations for the show. Knowing how G4 likes to joke around, that may not be too far from the truth.
I agree with you 100% on everything. G4 does like to joke around,but Geoff DID seem saddened when he said that. If he was joking, he deserves an academy award or something because i thought he was dead serious.

Caael

Smash Lord
They're not going to miss out on 1 of Nintendo's 3 big games of 2007. Brawl will be there, dont trust the TV. They have no sources, plus it has been said nowhere else that Brawl wont be there.

Gullible people.

Starzaka

Smash Rookie
I remember yesterday though a Microsoft guy was talking about how E3 showcases mainly brand new games that haven't been or rarely shown to the public. He said that because game companies have to make trailers or playable demos of their games, it takes time away from working on the games themselves till completion.

Nintendo could very well only show brand new content, but leave Brawl by the wayside since it's so close to completion.

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
I remember yesterday though a Microsoft guy was talking about how E3 showcases mainly brand new games that haven't been or rarely shown to the public. He said that because game companies have to make trailers or playable demos of their games, it takes time away from working on the games themselves till completion.

Nintendo could very well only show brand new content, but leave Brawl by the wayside since it's so close to completion.
Good point, but Smash is an extrmely popular franchise and they haven't really given us an official trailer of anything yet. Plus, a release date is still unanounced.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Just because Brawl wont be playable at e3, that doesnt mean that they wont even talk about it, does it?

Starzaka

Smash Rookie
Good point, but Smash is an extrmely popular franchise and they haven't really given us an official trailer of anything yet. Plus, a release date is still unanounced.
Yeah they have, the E3 2006 trailer and the Nintendo World 2006 trailer.
I agree about the release date thing though, if anything they should at LEAST tell us something about when Brawl is coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom