• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Countdown- Dawn of a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Gettin' real excited right now !
By the way, here's the offcial e3 countdown, if you want to be sure to not miss it.
https://www.e3countdown.com/
Technically it's a fan made site given this is at the bottom

This website is not associated in any way with E3expo or its affiliates.
But it's still a really useful site to keep track of everything.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
We're in the home stretch now.

To pass the time, what are some of your favourite E3 moments, whether genuinely hype or so-bad-it's good?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're in the home stretch now.

To pass the time, what are some of your favourite E3 moments, whether genuinely hype or so-bad-it's good?
My favourite is still Mega Man's reveal.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's the feed for the US version of the Pokemon Direct.

55 minutes to go

D

Deleted member

I just watched the pokemon Direct, and holy **** the game(and the new battle mechanic wink wink ) looks ****ing amazing!

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
That’s it the winner of E3 is here... Thank You guys and see you next year as I don’t see this being topped. Switch is best Nintendo platform, thank you so much Nintendo and all your 3rd parties for making the Switch so great, but I’m happy that a bit of my childhood came back today to grace the Switch

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That’s it the winner of E3 is here... Thank You guys and see you next year as I don’t see this being topped. Switch is best Nintendo platform, thank you so much Nintendo and all your 3rd parties for making the Switch so great, but I’m happy that a bit of my childhood came back today to grace the Switch

Well that's one way to do it.
I wonder what their other two games are though.
If they wanna bring back MY childhood then it better be Rugrats Search for Reptar.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not sure why you think Animal Crossing is out as it's the biggest release they've got lined up for this year that hasn't already had a direct.

I'm not sure they could get a whole show out fo Fire Emblem or Link's Awakening.
Animal Crossing in kinda niche, in my eyes. Has only had a few games, last game was a disaster, very rarely gets new instalments, etc. It's why I'm not a fan of Metroid, way too niche and cliche for me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Animal Crossing in kinda niche, in my eyes. Has only had a few games, last game was a disaster, very rarely gets new instalments, etc. It's why I'm not a fan of Metroid, way too niche and cliche for me.
Pocket Camp wasn't a disaster by any stretch. Sure it's not much of an AC game but it's a financial success.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Would be nice if they redub Mr. Krabs in here, Krabs without Clancy Brown feels a little off.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice

Welp, it's about time for me to finally sit down and play this game. Hopefully, if this sells well, they'll do a revamp of Spongebob Squarepants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman. While not as good as BFBB (from what I've heard), THIS was the spongebob game that made my childhood.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I just want Resident Evil 3.

And also Gears 5.

And Gears Tactics.

And something new.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
According to the Steam Screenshots it looks like a full N-Sane Trilogy style remake so chances are they'll redo the voice lines.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/...rePants_Battle_for_Bikini_Bottom__Rehydrated/
Excellent. If memory serves right though, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy were in this game, right? MM's VA Ernest Borgnine is dead, so I'm not sure if they'd keep their appearance.

Welp, it's about time for me to finally sit down and play this game. Hopefully, if this sells well, they'll do a revamp of Spongebob Squarepants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman. While not as good as BFBB (from what I've heard), THIS was the spongebob game that made my childhood.
I'd like to see Creature From the Krusty Krab myself.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Since we're less than a week away I might as well post my E3 wishlist (wishlist, not predictions):
  • Animal Crossing Switch news
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses news
  • Spyro Reignited Trilogy Switch port
  • King of Fighters XIV Switch port or any other general SNK news
  • Astral Chain news
  • Final roster of Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled gets revealed
  • Smash news, if we get Erdrick I'll be satisfied
  • New Wario Land and/or Advance Wars (yes I know this won't happen but please just let me dream)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Excellent. If memory serves right though, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy were in this game, right? MM's VA Ernest Borgnine is dead, so I'm not sure if they'd keep their appearance.

I'd like to see Creature From the Krusty Krab myself.
Both the VAs of Bikini Bottom's crusader have gone to that big Watchtower in the sky so in their case, they may keep their old lines, cleaned up or have sound-a-likes. And a In Memory of in the credits.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
If I remember correctly, didn't they use a different voice actor for Mermaid Man in the original BFBB? I'm pretty sure Barnacle Boy's voice was the same

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I was more so refering to that one Wii U game whose name eludes me right now
Ah. THAT one from the "we don't have a clue anymore" era of the WiiU. It's best just considered a forgotten spin-off.

See also: Star Fox Zero, Paper Mario Color Splash and Metroid PRime Federation Force

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Both the VAs of Bikini Bottom's crusader have gone to that big Watchtower in the sky so in their case, they may keep their old lines, cleaned up or have sound-a-likes. And a In Memory of in the credits.
Damn, I didn't know Conway died too, he was great as Batman. Rest in peace, sir.

Ah. THAT one from the "we don't have a clue anymore" era of the WiiU. It's best just considered a forgotten spin-off.

See also: Star Fox Zero, Paper Mario Color Splash and Metroid PRime Federation Force
Luckily, Isabelle's Fall outfit can be remembered for in Smash nowadays, rather than the cover art for that.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You all ready for the second THQ Nordic announcement at 2pm eastern time today?
Don't know they can top yesterday's.

Unless they're bringing back Rugrats Studio Tour

Edit: Checked out what series THQ Nordic still has from the original THQ and of them Darksiders just had a new game, De Blob has had a couple of recent ports and I have never heard a nice thing said about Red Faction. That leaves DESTROY ALL HUMANS as their big heavy hitter.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, I should be able to watch the Microsoft Conference on Sunday right after I finish work on that day, but I probably will not be able to watch the Square-Enix Conference as it would be asleep at the time.

I should be able to watch Nintendo's Direct broadcast on June 11th when I come back home on the day too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don't know they can top yesterday's.

Unless they're bringing back Rugrats Studio Tour

Edit: Checked out what series THQ Nordic still has from the original THQ and of them Darksiders just had a new game, De Blob has had a couple of recent ports and I have never heard a nice thing said about Red Faction. That leaves DESTROY ALL HUMANS as their big heavy hitter.
The Darksider spin-off got leaked.

THQ Nordic are good, but they really need to step up their anti-leak security.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Google debuted their Stadia... thing and Destiny 2 has been revealed to be going free to play and redoing it's system so all consoles can play together on the same accounts.

Ea's running something on Saturday but I'm gonna skip that so Sunday's Microsoft show will be the next big event.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

List of games that'll be on the show floor have been revealed (besides those that'll be announced at the event)
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...links_awakening_and_more_to_be_playable_at_e3

Pokemon Sword/Shield
Luigi's MAnsion 3
Link's Awakening
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Probably more to come.
Guessing Pokemon will be relagated to gameplay and maybe some more info. Honestly kinda suprised it's even going to be at E3 at all.

Edit: didn't release it was a list of PLAYABLE games, not just the direct part. Hopefully gameplay is allowed to be released on youtube or something, but doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Weird topic for this thread, but I remember hearing that Capcom may port Marvel vs Capcom Infinite to Switch this year and make it an Ultimate edition with all DLC and new fighters such as the newly acquired X-Men.

Do you guys believe this rumor has any validity and who would you want to see added. Personally, I just hope Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe and Phoenix Wright come back

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Guessing Pokemon will be relagated to gameplay and maybe some more info. Honestly kinda suprised it's even going to be at E3 at all.
Uh, it's Pokemon. Y'know, one of the top 5 most globally recognized video game franchises in... the history of the world?

Of course it's going to be there in some capacity. :I

D

Deleted member

Uh, it's Pokemon. Y'know, one of the top 5 most globally recognized video game franchises in... the history of the world?

Of course it's going to be there in some capacity. :I
I wouldn't say top 5, per say. More like top 15ish(and it's dead last)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom