• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Countdown- Dawn of a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Speaking of Mario Maker 2, one of the speculated extra themes is Super Mario Bros 2. As an extra theme, it would be standing on its own, like 3D World is. I know 3D World being its own thing means many of its features (like clear pipes or the car) are not available in the older themes, but how does that work vice-versa? Like how many of the features available in regular themes are also available in 3D World?

I'm asking this because it would affect how well a Super Mario Bros 2 theme could stand on its own, without features from other games. I haven't played SMB2 in years, but does it have enough of its own features that it would be sufficient for an engaging level builder in its own right? SMB and SMB3 would be considerably more limited if they couldn't use features from other titles and I don't know whether the same is true for SMB2
I'm banking on a Super Mario Galaxy theme.

D

Deleted member

Honestly there are some things I don't want shown at E3:

Anything about Prime 4(not a fan, personally)
Super Mario Maker 2(We literally just had a direct, and the game launches in less than a month!)
Fire Emblem Three Houses(see Prime 4)
Anything Indie(most indies of this year look bland to me, aside from Candence of Hyrule. That's the only exception)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Super Mario Maker 2(We literally just had a direct, and the game launches in less than a month!)
Anything Indie(most indies of this year look bland to me, aside from Candence of Hyrule. That's the only exception)
Indie games have never been E3 material and don't see that changing this year.

Plus there's lots of evidence Cadence of Hyrule is coming out this week.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Not to mention Prime 4 had to be restarted, so still might be way too early for anything other than another Logo tease trailer.
I agree but for a different reason. Mario Maker 2 is basically doing what Smash Ultimate couldn't: It's visually providing us with all of the awesome upgrades from the previous game rather than mentioning them but not showing us.
Huh? I don't follow.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Huh? I don't follow.
-We had no idea what the extent of spirits mode or World of Light was before the game came out
-Details about the online multiplayer were cryptic and vague. Nobody imagined it would be this big of a mess
-There was no demo or even much of a chance to play the game before release with the exception of certain tournaments, so it was unclear whether or not any fighter would need balancing before the game came out.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Prime 4's development has been restarted, we obviously won't see it any time soon...

-We had no idea what the extent of spirits mode or World of Light was before the game came out
-Details about the online multiplayer were cryptic and vague. Nobody imagined it would be this big of a mess
-There was no demo or even much of a chance to play the game before release with the exception of certain tournaments, so it was unclear whether or not any fighter would need balancing before the game came out.
And it turns out you can't actually play with friends online in SMM2. I was never really much of a multiplayer online gamer anyway, so I'm not really bothered that much at all.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...against_friends_online_in_super_mario_maker_2

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the Pokemon Press Conference should be on in 50 minutes.

Wonder what the talk will be about.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My guess could be mobile stuff (the most likely), a spin-off for Switch, and/or merchandise.

Zero Sword and Shield
Sword and Shield might get a release date but all gameplay info will be saved for the Direct IMO

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, I just stayed up late to be told how important sleep is.

I am gonna be rock bottom of the Pokemon Sleep global rankings.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, In terms of DLC fighters, I think a weird "you didn't see it coming" kinda character would have to be Jevil(Deltarune)

The main reason is most people are expecting a Undertale Character(if any) and Deltarune is just beginning it's development.
Another thing is that Jevil was the secret boss of Ch1, adding another point to the "never see it coming'" aspect.

As for a counterpoint, he's been memed to death, so I can say for a fact that a minority do want him in.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So, the goalpost has been moved, site data revealed that Cadence of Hyrule is now set for June 20th, literally before the end of Spring.

Jesus, guys...
Huh, could've been a 'available after this direct' kind of deal, but I guess not

Speaking of delayed indies, where the ****'s Untitled Goose Game

D

Deleted member

My guess could be mobile stuff (the most likely), a spin-off for Switch, and/or merchandise.

Zero Sword and Shield
Ironially, that's just about what happened. Well, only the thing about mobile stuff was correct, but oh well.

Speaking of, who wants to "play" Pokemon slelEeP?

Edit: did the thread go to sleep(ha ha) or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, we've gotten VR support in Smash...

That was unexpected.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Unexpected indeed. It has convinced me to order a third party headset to give a try.
Does it have a headstrap?

Because I don't think playing smash with your arms next to your head is the optimum way to play it. (Nintendo being Nintendo intensifies.)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Does it have a headstrap?

Because I don't think playing smash with your arms next to your head is the optimum way to play it. (Nintendo being Nintendo intensifies.)
Oh yes, I made sure before I bought it.

Even I Nintendo's had one, I don't feel like spending $40/$80 which includes a tech demo game and a set of gimmicky cardboard accessories when I just want the headset.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh yes, I made sure before I bought it.

Even I Nintendo's had one, I don't feel like spending $40/$80 which includes a tech demo game and a set of gimmicky cardboard accessories when I just want the headset.
To be fair, the blaster's pump action is really satisfying to use but yeah, not at the price.

D

Deleted member

14 games and they haven't even gotten to the GamePass stuff and 3rd Parties :applejack:

Microsoft sure are stepping up their game with Sony
and EA out of the picture. Halo Infinite, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Battletoads, Cuphead DLC, Tunic, Sea of Thieves DLC, and Gears 5 are things off the top of my head that are very likely getting shown during XBox's conference. I wonder what other games they have in store for E3.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

14 games and they haven't even gotten to the GamePass stuff and 3rd Parties :applejack:

Microsoft sure are stepping up their game with Sony and EA out of the picture. Halo Infinite, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Battletoads, Cuphead DLC, Tunic, Sea of Thieves DLC, and Gears 5 are things off the top of my head that are very likely getting shown during XBox's conference. I wonder what other games they have in store for E3.
Well, this got me more excited for their show.

Not making any expectations except already confirmed stuff to avoid disappointment.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
10 days left.

Anyone got some countdown gifs?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Short answer: no.

Long answer:

But really though, I think they'll save that for the Direct on the 11th.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there was nothing but felt like asking.

But remember last year that we found out about the release date for Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion (the next day) and the reveal of the Octoling amiibo set at the Splatoon 2 tournament after Nintendo's E3 presentation.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there was nothing but felt like asking.

But remember last year that we found out about the release date for Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion (the next day) and the reveal of the Octoling amiibo set at the Splatoon 2 tournament after Nintendo's E3 presentation.
I didn't watch that.

Although there was that preview at Evo that announced a Smash Direct, I don't really want to fall into the trap of checking a tourney for news, only for bupkis to have happened besides download consumption. Last time there was a Mario Tennis/Smash tournament, nothing interesting occurred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEvhi2OlEY

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
24 hours and 10 minutes until the Pokemon Direct

7 days, three hours and 10 minutes until Nintendo's E3

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
With all this Banjo speculation and Nintendo team ups, I think for the first time I'll have to watch the Microsoft conference.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm just interested to see what Doug Bowser's gonna be like
Yeah, there's no replacing Reggie, but it'll be interesting to see what kind of approach he takes with the fans

D

Deleted member

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/e3_2019_nintendo_direct_times_and_event_schedule

Direct and event schedules have been established. Luckily, the Microsoft, Bethesda, Ubisoft and Square-Enix conferences will all air a few days before, so that should help stave off the wait.
Mind if I barge in?

Coming closer to E3, I think we'll see a decent amount of different games. I also think it's inevitable that at least 1 Dlc character is announced(or revealed, dunno)

As for stuff that I doubt will be in the direct:
No Pokemon(the Direct is tommorow morring for Pokemon, so... um)
Metroid(highly doubt)
Animal Crossing(I don't see it getting anything noteworthy, maybe a trailer or two though.)
Splatoon(considering the current situation for splatoon, doubt anything new is going to happen)
Paper Mario( considering the last two games were a trainwreck, I seriously doubt they'll bet on black, so to speak. This is Nintendo we're talking abour, so who knows?)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mind if I barge in?

Coming closer to E3, I think we'll see a decent amount of different games. I also think it's inevitable that at least 1 Dlc character is announced(or revealed, dunno)

As for stuff that I doubt will be in the direct:
No Pokemon(the Direct is tommorow morring for Pokemon, so... um)
Metroid(highly doubt)
Animal Crossing(I don't see it getting anything noteworthy, maybe a trailer or two though.)
Splatoon(considering the current situation for splatoon, doubt anything new is going to happen)
Paper Mario( considering the last two games were a trainwreck, I seriously doubt they'll bet on black, so to speak. This is Nintendo we're talking abour, so who knows?)
Not sure why you think Animal Crossing is out as it's the biggest release they've got lined up for this year that hasn't already had a direct.

I'm not sure they could get a whole show out fo Fire Emblem or Link's Awakening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom