• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Oh BOY, I got here just in time for Byleth discourse brings out popcorn

Anyways in all seriousness, I can't see the last fighter being anything other than a) a 1st party or b) a Tales of character.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Okay, so like are Ness and Lucas just not allowed to show up in the CG segments of Smash trailers? From Smash 4 to now, they have never appeared. Most we got was a Ness cameo in the Joker trailer.

Guess Subspace Emissary is good enough!

By the way, TEKKEN LET'S GOO!!!!!!!
I don't think throwing Ness and Lucas off cliffs would have gone over too well.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh BOY, I got here just in time for Byleth discourse brings out popcorn

Anyways in all seriousness, I can't see the last fighter being anything other than a) a 1st party or b) a Tales of character.
We just got our Namco boy.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Kind of disappointed by the enemy design in Metroid Dread. The robots didn't look very scary. In the scenario of something hunting Samus, the X parasites were much more interesting imo.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
On a side note, for anyone else who is excited for Super Monkey Ball, make sure to watch the Japanese trailer too, since it has a whole lot more footage than the English one, in addition to some features that the English trailer skipped.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Okay, so like are Ness and Lucas just not allowed to show up in the CG segments of Smash trailers? From Smash 4 to now, they have never appeared. Most we got was a Ness cameo in the Joker trailer.

Guess Subspace Emissary is good enough!

By the way, TEKKEN LET'S GOO!!!!!!!
Probably because licensing.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm very sad that Crash is probably not coming, but Tekken is more than worthy of getting a character. Holy crap, but no one was talking about Kazuya? I might have guessed had I known he was the protagonist of Tekken 1.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So yeah Im just saying it:
Link probably dies by the End of the Game after all his arm looked suspialy like a arm from Princess Monoke!
I do hope that link stays the Main Char of Zelda Though if they want to have a Zelda game call it The Adventure of Zelda and release some Ports or remakes/ Zelda maker during this time!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah Im just saying it:
Link probably dies by the End of the Game after all his arm looked suspialy like a arm from Princess Monoke!
I do hope that link stays the Main Char of Zelda Though if they want to have a Zelda game call it The Adventure of Zelda and release some Ports/ Zelda maker during this time!
I mean even if Link were to die in BotW2, that wouldn't have any effect on the rest of the series. It's a different Link every time unless it's a direct sequel.

osby

Smash Obsessed
On a side note, for anyone else who is excited for Super Monkey Ball, make sure to watch the Japanese trailer too, since it has a whole lot more footage than the English one, in addition to some features that the English trailer skipped.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Same with SMT V, it shows a lot of stuff that the English Nintendo Presentation didn't cover:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
lose an arm...but show off sexy hair and play Life is Strange 1 and 3, play GOTG on Switch, and have your game release next year...pretty sure Link has won in life

Paraster

Smash Lord
I really wish they showed some footage of NEO TWEWY. It had 3 seconds of footage in the Square Enix presentation and only showed up for 15 seconds in the Japanese direct. It's releasing next month and its marketing doesn't seem too hot.
Just when I think they're trying to push TWEWY as a bigger franchise, they skip out on the best opportunity to get it more attention.

I said previously that they probably just don't have any good material left that isn't spoilery, but couldn't they have at least replayed material from previous trailers to get it in people's heads without the risk of them missing it while they take a drink?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mean, he could also do what he did for the first pass, where he said nothing at all in regards to the idea of a 2nd fighter's pass. The fact that now of all times he starts bringing up "This is all that's left" is a big signal.

There's also the fact that the man seemingly just wants to kick back. He's ending his Famitsu column after 18~ years where he's always used it to talk about game design and the thought process that goes into his Smash choices, and even earlier this year he said he was running out of Pic of the Days to share.

As much as I adore this game, all good things gotta come to an end.
Again, that is completely legitimate.
But as far as a dream job can be, this is it for a game developer who loves games.
So, wanting to give that up, is a monumental decision.

Not to mention, Nintendo could also force his hand.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Remember 2 year ago (after E3 2019) when speculation was that last two FP1 characters were from Tekken and Resident Evil.

Imagine if…

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
OH WAIT. YOU'RE RIGHT LMAO
Light green huh?...

Oh, man! I know the color thing isn't too serious and I'm going to gladly die on the Crash hill, Franklin's signature color from GTAV is that faded green!
The main color for GTAV as a whole is basically a more normal green too.

CharacterWheel-GTAV-Manual.png
Grand-Theft-Auto-V-GTA-5-Logo.png
I'm basically 90% meming with this hope at this point, but it's fun to bring up.

Remember 2 year ago (after E3 2019) when speculation was that last two FP1 characters were from Tekken and Resident Evil.

Imagine if…
If the last character isn't Crash, I could see Sakurai wanting to tackle a shooter fighter. Resident Evil is a solid candidate IMO alongside Lara Croft.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
But as far as a dream job can be, this is it for a game developer who loves games.

They could

Would we 'want' them to?

No, I wouldn't. Even if it was a dream job for me, I'd want it to be a dream job of my own choosing, not because a company is forcing me to do so.

blackghost

Smash Champion
for a bunch of Nintendo fans on a website people sure seem surprsied when nintendo acts like Nintendo.

nintendo isn't gonna show something until they are sure its ready to be shown or nearing its release (ask Pokémon arceus)

we know they are developing metriod, FE, pokemon remakes, and more but they arent gonnna show them early just because people want them to.
they've broken that rule thrice in the past (bayonetta 3 and prime 4 and breath of the wild) all of which suffered delays or setbacks that have clearly reinforced to Nintendo that announcing games early isnt a good idea.
after a year of COVID and likely even more, Nintendo still came out with new games and suprrising remakes/relreases. they had a good e3. sorry if yoir personsal want didn't happen, doesn't mean the direct was bad. (look at my profile picture what game do you think i was looking for?)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

You have to admit, though, a season 3 would kinda be overdoing it.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
I feel Tales in my heart. It might just be my GERD related heartburn, but I feel Tales in my heart.
A Tales character was my most wanted , but I feel pretty confident that the dream is over tbh. Still pretty hype for Kazuya though

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I mean even if Link were to die in BotW2, that wouldn't have any effect on the rest of the series. It's a different Link every time unless it's a direct sequel.
Yeah its just im a little scared considering how many franchises move away from Male protagonists
also on a better note Links hair looks great not too long his arm is not as Edgy as orginally planned his new look is a big step up from the Boring Botw 1 look!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Fun fact: Kazuya is the first DLC character since Banjo to not have the "Appears in: X" banner on the website.
Is this the first character to not get his banner addition right away?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
the entire mishima family are bad people. After tekken 7 even jin's mom is in that group. lol.

also people rooting or hoping for master chief stay strong kaz is here repping 3d fighters and namco and shooters are still missing in action. cant believe i see people turning their noses up at this reveal.

great showing from Nintendo although not even a mention of bayonetta 3 i think something is up with platinum.

tekken 7 will give you the story of the core family of tekken and as a game is mechanically fantastic.
I don't like reading we have no first person shooter reps.

:ultduckhunt:- a complete first person shooter game

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Weird how good the Game and watch is 3 Games and a bunch of modes seems like a good deal!
Still sad about no new Zelda actionfigures tho!

DittoInDisguise

Smash Apprentice
Conspiracy time! Each dlc fighter on the smash website has a color, and each one is similar to another dlc fighter.

PP/PM are both teal/aquamarine type color
Terry/Steve are both bright blue
Bk/MinMin are both yellow
Joker/Kazuya are both red
Byleth/Sephiroth are both very light green (though sephiroth is more of a grey with a very, very slight green tint)
Hero (who is purple) is the only one without a double, and i think we all know who is a purple, first party character that can be the byleth of FP2

That's right, it's Waluigi time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom