• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Echoes absolutely count, not to mention we got the return of every character. That was the double reveal, and no one honestly thought we'd ever get most of those characters back.
An Echo is not a new character, and all returning characters are not a new character.
Yes, those reveals may have had hype, but they were not double reveals.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
If I had a nickel for every time that an antagonist that debuted in the 90s, hailed from a third-party franchise, started off as benevolent but became corrupted due to an obsession with a parent, had a more powerful form based loosely on a biblical creature, and was largely written off as impossible by the Smash fanbase appeared in the second Fighter's Pass, I'd have two nickels.

Which isn't a lot, but it's still strange that it happened twice.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I wouldn't say Sakurai is joking, I would just say---
1- Sorry, no, he doesn't deserve a rest... he is one of the luckiest people in the world, who loves his job and continues to work. How many people work more than him just to make ends meat, and hate their lives? They have no control over a break. Sakurai can whenever he decides.
2- Sakurai is fortunate enough to be a video game fanatic, and have, perhaps the only opportunity EVER seen in the industry, to play with just about any character he desires.
3- The world is in pain, Smash brings Joy.

I don't expect another fighters pass, and until it happens, it isn't happening- but I surely think their is far more in the camp of why it should happen, than shouldn't. (Again, this doesn't dispute all he has said... but as far as PR goes, he would continually dissuade that there would be one, until it is announced...if it were to happen at all).
I mean, he could also do what he did for the first pass, where he said nothing at all in regards to the idea of a 2nd fighter's pass. The fact that now of all times he starts bringing up "This is all that's left" is a big signal.

There's also the fact that the man seemingly just wants to kick back. He's ending his Famitsu column after 18~ years where he's always used it to talk about game design and the thought process that goes into his Smash choices, and even earlier this year he said he was running out of Pic of the Days to share.

As much as I adore this game, all good things gotta come to an end.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
In case anyone missed this too:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hold on fellas, ****post theory time.

There are some parallels between the two fighters passes.

Microsoft rep
:ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve:

Square rep
:ulthero::ultsephiroth:

Fighting game character (second to last character)
:ult_terry:Kazuya

First party promo from a series with tons of characters that nobody wants
:ultbyleth:
Spirit event.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I can't believe the myth that was Metroid Dread actually exists now. I am so, so, so happy, not just with the fact we're getting Metroid 5, but also that it's doing its own thing, instead of just drawing on all the old nostalgic elements. Easily my most anticipated game since Ultimate.

The rest of the Direct was solid as well, and certainly the best presentation anyone had at E3 this year (doubt Bamco have it in them to do better).

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
..I'm not gonna lie, I don't overly care about the new DLC character. Tekken deserves a rep, but I don't play traditional fighting games (and I dislike how their overcomplecated imputs usually follow them into smash), so Kazuya does nothing for me. Glad for all the tekken fans though. The rest of the direct was also pretty cool.

DittoInDisguise

Smash Apprentice

Microsoft rep

Square rep

I'm thinking of someone with more purple, and with a great mustache

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If I had a nickel for every time that an antagonist that debuted in the 90s, hailed from a third-party franchise, started off as benevolent but became corrupted due to an obsession with a parent, had a more powerful form based loosely on a biblical creature, and was largely written off as impossible by the Smash fanbase appeared in the second Fighter's Pass, I'd have two nickels.

Which isn't a lot, but it's still strange that it happened twice.
Sephiroth?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well guys...............

There's a ****load of yous.

I'll give my talk later.

In regards to the new Smash Reveal I'm just confused. So I'll wait until yous all die down.

7.0 out of 10 Direct for me.

Last edited:

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
Kazuya looks like he is gonna have some really sick combos from the trailer so I'm hyped.
I'm not sure why but he just looks really cool. Never played a Tekken game so I'm sad there isn't any on the switch but oh well I can probably get it on something else.
Is Tekken 7 a good starting point?

blackghost

Smash Champion
Sort of, he actually began the series as what you could call the protagonist, but he was always very much on the fence of morality and after vengeance against Heihachi. Jin is his son, Heihachi's grandson, and is generally considered the protagonist of the series since Tekken 3. Kazuya is definitely the modern Tekken villain.
the entire mishima family are bad people. After tekken 7 even jin's mom is in that group. lol.

also people rooting or hoping for master chief stay strong kaz is here repping 3d fighters and namco and shooters are still missing in action. cant believe i see people turning their noses up at this reveal.

great showing from Nintendo although not even a mention of bayonetta 3 i think something is up with platinum.

Kazuya looks like he is gonna have some really sick combos from the trailer so I'm hyped.
I'm not sure why but he just looks really cool. Never played a Tekken game so I'm sad there isn't any on the switch but oh well I can probably get it on something else.
Is Tekken 7 a good starting point?
tekken 7 will give you the story of the core family of tekken and as a game is mechanically fantastic.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If you want to try out Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle to get ready for Sparks of Hope, now's the perfect time:

View attachment 319318
I am so irritated that I ever paid full price for this game.
Especially since they never have the DLC on sale, so I have to spend more rebuying the whole thing, rather than just a sale on DLC, to honor my early purchase. **** Ubisoft.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yeah, I'm at a point where the newcomer reveals really aren't doing anything for me. I'm not disappointed, but not excited, either. It's been that way for a while, pretty much. Steve was one of the most hype newcomer reveals for me ever, and it was also the last time I really felt hyped for SSBU DLC. I've mostly been indifferent to every newcomer revealed since then and Kazuya is no exception.

I'm content with the game as is. The newcomer would have to be a character that's important to me personally for me to be hyped again.
Same here. It's been a long while long since there was a Smash fighter that made me really excited in Smash.

It's reached the point the only characters I really want to see in Smash are the ones that are more dear to me. Professor Layton is the only character who I would be really hyped to see in Smash at this point. If not him, it would be a BlazBlue rep like either Ragna the Bloodedge or Noel Vermillion that would make me really excited, but I already know a BlazBlue is far more unlikely to the point it would have to be one pipe dream wish of becoming reality.

Jin Kazama as the Tekken rep would've admittedly made me very hyped though.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Microsoft rep

Square rep

I think you might be on to something here.

Last character is from SEGA

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Okay, so like are Ness and Lucas just not allowed to show up in the CG segments of Smash trailers? From Smash 4 to now, they have never appeared. Most we got was a Ness cameo in the Joker trailer.

Guess Subspace Emissary is good enough!

By the way, TEKKEN LET'S GOO!!!!!!!

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Kazuya looks awesome! Tekken totally deserved the rep. They 100% knew what they were doing with putting the Heihachi Mii in Min-Min’s wave though lmao. I’m sorta annoyed they’re stringing us along still though. Come on, just end it. 😭

My mind is completely messed up with Vergeben’s leak though. I pray it’s real.

Metroid, Advance Wars & BOTW2 all look good. This was a pretty good Direct!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom