• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
deep breath

LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now that was a pretty freaking good direct. While I don’t play Tekken, Kazuya is a fighting game icon, no doubt, so having him here is great. And also…

WARIOWAREEEEEEE

I am a massive WarioWare fan, seeing WarioWare on the Switch is great. And judging by how much voice over was in that trailer, I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring back the animated cutscenes. I REALLY hope they do, cause I love those to bits.
Unpopular opinion

Warioware was my favorite thing from that direct :4wario2:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
While I’m disappointed that we didn’t get two reveals (I kind of burnt out from FP2 speculation tbh), Kazuya was a nice surprise, and I’m interested in the new Mario Party (Birdo’s playable, which is a plus).

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
Is Kazuya a villain?
Sort of, he actually began the series as what you could call the protagonist, but he was always very much on the fence of morality and after vengeance against Heihachi. Jin is his son, Heihachi's grandson, and is generally considered the protagonist of the series since Tekken 3. Kazuya is definitely the modern Tekken villain.

D

Deleted member

Ngl, I would've loved it if Kazuya was actually revealed to be the last character in Ultimate just to see art of him tossing all the big names people have been saying will be in Smash over the past few years from Geno to Crash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
okay so no Pokémon breaks the streak of Pokémon at E3 but maybe it’ll appear in the Treehouse since it was apparently just in the Treehouse in 2016? idk though, just what I saw on Twitter from Joe Serebii and someone replying to him.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That isn't true...
The first Ultimate E3 we only got Ridley. (Echoes surely do not count as a double reveal).
Echoes absolutely count, not to mention we got the return of every character. That was the double reveal, and no one honestly thought we'd ever get most of those characters back.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
E3 was kind of lame as a whole this year.
I’m sure covid hit every company a lot harder than they are really letting on.

Tekken ain’t bad tho, one of the most popular fighting game franchises for sure, I’d say they deserve a spot. On the bright side, the majority didn’t see it coming, so it’s a nice to see choices aint super obvious.

Im expecting the last character to be a bit of a let down.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Ummm, how exactly?
The main question of the Octolings was whether or not the Squid Sister Miis took them out, with the argument against them being that Miis would come with fighters from the same series. Kazuya being added in spite of Heihachi's Mii - Revealed alongside Callie and Marie, no less - Throws that argument out the window.

This could also lead to one loosening up on Spirits deconfirming an entire series, but that's not as close a link and is only "quite possibly" rather than "definitely."

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Every E3 (that actually transpired and wasn't cancelled) Ultimate has been a part of had a double (or more if you count returning veterans)-reveal except this one. But I don't care, because Kazuya is worth at least four mid reveals.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Btw

epicmartin7 epicmartin7 's color theory still holds strong.

Kazuya's bg color is red.
What’s the other color?

okay so no Pokémon breaks the streak of Pokémon at E3 but maybe it’ll appear the Treehouse since it was apparently just in the Treehouse in 2016? idk though, just what I saw on Twitter from Joe Serebii and someone replying to him.
I’m thinking there’ll be a Pokémon presents in a week or two.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
How much you all wanna bet that Kazuya wanted a marshmallow by throwing Kirby in the volcano?

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
So let me get this straight, does that mean we have to look out for character that is state by Sakurai to have difficulty implementing them? I mean this is the third time.
The reason I predicted a Heihachi from Tekken as a character all the way back in Fighter Pass 1 before Terry was specifically because Sakurai said he turned him down character because of implementation. The only thing that made me back down from it happening now was that Min Min came with a Heihachi as a Mii.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
No hyperbole, this was the best Nintendo Direct in a long time, possibly ever. Kazyua in Smash, new Super Monkey Ball, new WarioWare, ****ing ADVANCE WARS?! METROID DREAD?! ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOR BREATH OF THE WILD 2?!

Masterpiece.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Jin was a great unexpected pick. He wasn't too surprising to see, but people counted him out after the Heihachi showed up. The trailer was hilarious too.

I'm really happy to see Metroid, Wario, and Advance Wars back. The bar was set really really low this time around, but Nintendo undoubtedly won E3 this year. If I had to point out one disappointment, it would be that it seems like Zelda is back to being the damsel in distress for BOTW2. I know that's par for the course in Zelda games, but I really thought it'd be different this time around.

Last edited:

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
At what time do we finally ban sources like Vergeben? They do nothing good for the community

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom