• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
At what time to we finally ban sources like Vergeben? They do nothing good for the community
He's usually right so I don't know what happened here, some kind of mix up probably.

This is the 1st notable time he's been wrong, he predicted the entire base roster. I think he got fed wrong info

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You bloody ripper legend.

I can’t imagine you figured it out though, there weren’t any distinctive noises or voice acting.
Yeah, I didn’t, haha. I also accidentally kept my eyes closed for like, fifteen seconds longer than I was supposed to. I was gonna open them when the splash screen appeared.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This was a very good Direct!
  • Didn't think we'd actually get a Tekken rep in Smash, but here we are! Namco deserved a 2nd rep, and Tekken was a great series to represent that. I was really hoping Jin Kazama would be the Tekken rep, but we got Kazuya instead. Still, Kazuya is a nice choice for a Tekken rep with Heihachi out of the question (yep, Mii costumes really deconfirm characters it seems), and him tossing the characters down the volcano as a reference to the events of the earliest Tekken games was a cool touch.
    • I will admit I was hoping that maybe they would reveal Jin Kazama as a surprise echo fighter since Kazuya's reveal was super quick, but alas, no Jin. At this point, I can definitely see Jin getting a Mii Costume when Kazuya releases in Smash for additional Tekken representation. Maybe we can get a Lars Mii Costume thrown into the mix as well? I like Lars a lot, and he is technically a member of the Mishima family, so it would make sense.
    • If we do get another Smash sequel and Kazuya returns, I really hope they will add Jin Kazama as an Echo Fighter for him. I cannot stress enough how Jin would be the perfect Echo fighter for Kazuya.
  • I doubt I will purchase it, but Mario Party Superstars is the first exciting Mario Party game I've seen in a while. Pretty surprising but also neat that they finally added online multiplayer for a Mario Party game too.
  • Good to know Metroid Prime 4 is still in development, but Metroid Dread is a nice compromise for the long wait. Really cool looking game! Very happy to see Metroid fans got something good out of this Direct.
  • New Warioware game for the Switch is looking really good. Seems to incorporate Joyconn controls well, and I like that it makes the Warioware characters playable within each mini game. The multiplayer aspect makes it even better.
  • While I do not care for Advance Wars, it's really nice to see the first two games getting a remake bundle for the Switch! Looks quite fun to play too.
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity DLC is looking pretty nice. Still need to play the base game though since it's been my library of Switch games I need to play.
  • Very cute surprise to see the Game & Watch being brought back to have a bundle of some classic Zelda games!
  • New BotW2 trailer looks dope! One bit of the story it reveals is that along with Ganondorf coming back, it seems like he causes parts of Hyrule to list to the sky.
    • The new sky exploration part definitely gives me Skyward Sword vibes. Makes me wonder if we will have new ways to navigate the sky aside from the Paraglider.
    • The new gadgets also look pretty neat, especially the one that lets you float through cliffs.
  • Really surprised by the lack of Pokemon BDSP and Legends Arceus news (the former especially when remembering how the last main series remake had some big spotlight at E3), but hopefully we'll get a Pokemon Direct soon that will provide more information on them.
It was a good year for Nintendo at E3 for sure!

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, who do you guys think should be the Assist Trophy for Tekken next game?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Not only was Master Chief not CP10, but someone involved with Halo flat out said he wasn't coming.

I don't think he's ever been THIS wrong before.
In the context of Smash, yes. This is the first time he got a reveal completely wrong.

In terms of other games, Fighterz never got Raditz or Zarbon.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
That direct was incredible. I'll post my bingo when 3 Houses ends, since I'm pretty sure we're getting Pokemon gameplay in it.

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice
I really wish they showed some footage of NEO TWEWY. It had 3 seconds of footage in the Square Enix presentation and only showed up for 15 seconds in the Japanese direct. It's releasing next month and its marketing doesn't seem too hot.

Twilord

Smash Ace
If it's any consolation Tekken canonically exists as part of the Digimon so there's three degrees separation between smash and Digimon

Given that they have had Tekken characters as Tamers in some realities BUT its also been a piece of media in other dimensions - which is quite common for core universes in that franchise - its basically an honourary Digimon subseries.

So I just need Kazuya with a tag-team Game&Watch to beat Pokémon Trainer.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm overall very disappointed, but not angry, I expected that so I was prepared for it.

-The new character is another fighter that's based on traditional fighting game mechanics... it's starting to become the new "anime swordman" thing and I don't like those characters at all.
Sorry bro, I'm calling this out.
:ultminmin:ultryu::ultken::ult_terry:Kazuya
:ultroy::ultrobin::ultchrom::ultpyra::ultcloud::ulthero3::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultcorrin::ultshulk:Mythra, Sephiroth

Not to mention, this is a platform-fighting game, and this is the first game of the entire series where we got more than one fighting game character.
Seems more like making up for lost time.
Even still, this pass alone, we have already gotten three anime swordsman, compared to two fighting game characters.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Well it looks like Master Chief ain't going to appear in Smash Bros and that's quite a shame but Kazuya Mishima is a pretty cool character and I for one am glad they picked him over Heihachi.

But with Master Chief seemingly out of the way, it gives me more hope that Sgt. Cortez could be the last character of the fighters pass! I am just not losing this year! It's been win after win!

Time to Split!

Don't worry about me heh.gif

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, I would have loved to see Doomguy get in alongside Kazuya, and see his reaction to Devil Kazuya or whatever he's called.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Given that they have had Tekken characters as Tamers in some realities BUT its also been a piece of media in other dimensions - which is quite common for core universes in that franchise - its basically an honourary Digimon subseries.

So I just need Kazuya with a tag-team Game&Watch to beat Pokémon Trainer.
When you put it like that Game and watch really is just a Digimon, huh.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mean, there's also the thing that Sakurai non-stop said between March through May that this was the last pass, something he never said in regards to FP1.

One can only say "Sakurai's joking" soo much before it becomes obvious he's not.
I wouldn't say Sakurai is joking, I would just say---
1- Sorry, no, he doesn't deserve a rest... he is one of the luckiest people in the world, who loves his job and continues to work. How many people work more than him just to make ends meat, and hate their lives? They have no control over a break. Sakurai can whenever he decides.
2- Sakurai is fortunate enough to be a video game fanatic, and have, perhaps the only opportunity EVER seen in the industry, to play with just about any character he desires.
3- The world is in pain, Smash brings Joy.

I don't expect another fighters pass, and until it happens, it isn't happening- but I surely think their is far more in the camp of why it should happen, than shouldn't. (Again, this doesn't dispute all he has said... but as far as PR goes, he would continually dissuade that there would be one, until it is announced...if it were to happen at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom