• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, I'm at a point where the newcomer reveals really aren't doing anything for me. I'm not disappointed, but not excited, either. It's been that way for a while, pretty much. Steve was one of the most hype newcomer reveals for me ever, and it was also the last time I really felt hyped for SSBU DLC. I've mostly been indifferent to every newcomer revealed since then and Kazuya is no exception.

I'm content with the game as is. The newcomer would have to be a character that's important to me personally for me to be hyped again.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I still have that little bit of hope for Reimu, but I don't really care that much who CP11 ends up being. I'm satisifed. Steve and Kazuya in one pass? Yeah, I don't care about the other four being duds.
Saaaaaaame, I did not expect to luck out with this pass.
Steve and Heihachi were in my top 5 most wanted. I don't mind Kazuya getting in over Heihachi, at the end of the day he's a Mishima and Tekken is getting represented.

Now the real question is how abusive will Kazuya's wave dashes and EWGF be? They have to make it broken as **** to accurately represent Tekken.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Tbf, he never really could be in regards to DLC post-Terry.

People were going ****ing nuts over the 4 Champions/Chief stuff that he probably saw it as a safe bet and jumped on, only for it to blow up in his face.
Verge's only activity post Terry was the whole company deconfirmation thing, him saying that he was going to look into the LoL leak (we still don't know the results of that), and what happened today.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait don’t they have a closed doors conference as well? What if they reveal Chief or someone else in said conference a la :ultpacman:
There hasn't been anything like that since the Pac Man reveal. Nintendo shows everything in the direct now. Also a massive reveal like Chief would now way not be in the direct itself imo.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Thoughts:
Note, I only watched with like partial attention so I haven’t soaked in the full scope of things.

Still, highlights:
-Metroid Dread. It’s gonna be my first Metroid game and after playing Hollow Knight I cannot wait! Loved the focus on this year’s games in general.

-Advance Wars is back! I love that!

-Zelda AoC DLC looks really fun, I was a bit worried it wouldn’t be worth the price but so far it’s looking pretty snazzy and a fun time killer.

Again, I haven’t soaked in everything so I’m just waiting until Nintendo uploads the Direct with timestamps.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
+Kazuya is actually one of my favourite Tekken characters but after Heihachi got deconfirmed I thought the series was out. This is a Sephiroth level reveal where I never knew I wanted the character until they showed up
+Mario Party looks AMAZING
+WarioWare is back
+Metroid Dread is real, I still can't believe it
+I've never played SMT but V looks great

-A bit too much time on ports and indies. It's too be expected but it did kill the pacing a bit
-I'm glad BotW 2 was shown but it was very barebones. At least we know it's coming next year
-No Xenoblade, DK or Kirby

A solid 7/10 Direct for me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Were people really expecting a double reveal?

I can't remember the last time that happened if it wasn't the time when Simon/Richter and K. Rool were revealed in the same Direct. More reveals if you count every Echo fighter, too.
It was E3 and prior to this, there was always more then one reveal. Had COVID not of happened we probably would have gotten Steve and Min Min in E3 2020.

D

Deleted member

TEKKEN FANS HOW THE **** DID WE WIN I'M SO HAPPY AND SO CONFUSED
Him tossing smash characters in volcano lava was with crude humor. This announcement is making me revisit the series. I remember Tekken 4 and Tekken Tag local tournaments being awesome to take part in at the time. I shouldn't have discontinued it in the first place as I stopped with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 years back, but I'll buy a PS5 in the future. His soundtrack "Emotionless Passion" in the 1990s was one of the best in the series to me, in relation to his storyline of struggling with darkness and light.

I think for the other games like Fatal Frame, Metroid, Zelda, and Persona 5, I feel like venturing outside of fighting games more. In due time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staarih

Smash Master
Yay for another newcomer illustration:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Obviously Advance Wars coming in December.
I really wanted a 'Wars character in Smash. Over any of the Fire Emblem's, I was hoping Intelligent Systems would throw a bone to it's other big franchise.
Still hoping for Fighters Pass 3.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Soo... uhh...

anyone wanna help me mod Digimon into Melee? I mean pretty obvious now it wouldn't be redundant...

--------------------------------------------

No offense to Lloyd but I'm glad I wasn't crazy for thinking Tales Of was too obvious. Also funny that in the same Direct Nintendo debunked my Digimon theory they drove home the idea they still see merit in the Tamagotchi/Game&Watch approach to game design.
If it's any consolation Tekken canonically exists as part of the Digimon so there's three degrees separation between smash and Digimon

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Smash is officially Street Fighter x Tekken now.
Just waiting on Mortal Kombat, now... (which is very different from waiting for Tales', since MK actually would be cool).

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
DID YALL SEE THIS BEAST DRAWING BRO

Shroob

Sup?
I really wanted a 'Wars character in Smash. Over any of the Fire Emblem's, I was hoping Intelligent Systems would throw a bone to it's other big franchise.
Still hoping for Fighters Pass 3.
I feel like at this point, if there was going to be a Fighter's Pass 3, they'd have announced it by now.

They announced it midway through the first pass with Banjo, we're on character 5/6 now, and we just passed E3. They didn't do the more DLC in 2019's E3, but we were only halfway through then.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Were people really expecting a double reveal?

I can't remember the last time that happened if it wasn't the time when Simon/Richter and K. Rool were revealed in the same Direct. More reveals if you count every Echo fighter, too.
Every E3 has had a double reveal which is why people expected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom