• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Another thing, I can imagine people getting not exactly mad, but not too happy with a third pass at this point, since we are, as you said, getting close to the end of Ultimate, presumably.
Since we got quite a few newcomers from fighting games in Ultimate, maybe we could get a handful of FPS newcomers in Smash 6?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Since we got quite a few newcomers from fighting games in Ultimate, maybe we could get a handful of FPS newcomers in Smash 6?
Ah heck no! I mean, I don't dislike them, but I am not a fan of them. They are so overrated.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Nintendo would basically be overworking Sakurai to death, and I am pretty sure with how DLC was handled, fans would be tired of speculating. So perhaps a third pass is not really a good idea.
How is it overworking someone to death to give them a schedule, on their terms...to continue your job?
Fans that are tired of speculating can...stop speculating.

I truly do not understand.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Alright, so after Kazuya kicked the whole thing about Mii Costumes deconfirming a series, I've concluded the optimal decision is to bet on one last breaking of the patterns and place my chips on Isaac. AT promote, all or nothing. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose.
I didn't even realize there was a rule that Mii Costume deconfirmed series. I do think they could deconfirm characters but people have been talking about Miles "Tails" Powers as an option even though he has a Mii Costume.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So considering Smash still has a lot of Holes first Party wise what do you guys think of a Normal Smash Sequel instead of a Reboot?
Like we could add easily 3 chars from both Zelda and Kirby and so much more!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
How is it overworking someone to death to give them a schedule, on their terms...to continue your job?
Fans that are tired of speculating can...stop speculating.

I truly do not understand.
Guess you never will. But do you really think a third pass, especially if it is handled with such big gaps between each character like the last two, is such a good idea?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
As someone who gave up on Tekken EVER getting into Smash with Heihachi's costume being brought back I'm unbelievably happy right now. All I ever wanted in Smash Ultimate was King of Fighters vs. Street Fighter vs. Tekken. Sure, my original preference was for Heihachi to be the rep, but I'm not gonna say no to the second coolest protagonist/villain in the series, c'mon. He looks amazing, and I LOVE that we get his suit, too.

This direct was stacked. No new Style Savvy game, but between Kazuya, Metroid, Fatal Frame, Advance Wars, Wario Ware, SMTV....and even more I can't even REMEMBER right now, I'm so, so satisfied and happy.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Still Kazuya in Smash?

He always looked a bit awkward to me to be in it. Always looked far more for something like Mortal Kombat.

All in all for E3, the best announcement I got was The Outer Worlds 2, Smash second and Elden Ring third. Now just want to know when the next Trails game is getting localised.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I did and still do want Agumon.
Since we have outright been told that certain eras, and certain systems, and certain types of gaming, get reps--
I really would love a rep for the 90s craze of portable digital pets.
He was very recently revealed in the SSB Crusade fan game if that means anything to you

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess this year's E3 encouraged me to stay with preferable fighting games, like FEXL AD. It's too bad that the other favorites of mine aren't on this system and most of them hadn't resurfaced in further iterations. I just can't get into such a high quantity of fighters anymore, due to how incredibly safe and redundant as they are in concept. I'm not so young and carefree anymore for the extension of flexibility in memory capacity in this genre, which also could relate to thinking that I'm in my 20s doing a great deal of endurance workouts in the sun. I need to know when to slowdown. I'll lessen the purchase repetitiveness by investing in FEXL AD more, revisiting chess, and venture outside of the fighting genre.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Alright, so after Kazuya kicked the whole thing about Mii Costumes deconfirming a series, I've concluded the optimal decision is to bet on one last breaking of the patterns and place my chips on Isaac. AT promote, all or nothing. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose.
Well, I already ****posted about the EpicMartin's color theory and how green is next according to it, and did this within the context of Master Chief, so screw it, I'll do it with my other MW, Isaac.

Green actually could work with Isaac now that I think about it. Isaac does have plant-based powers, and green would be a nice way to contrast Isaac's largely red, blue, and yellow design.

And if first party characters really need to have a Siwtch game to get into Ultimate DLC, then hey, we just got Advanced Wars back, getting Golden Sun back doesn't seem that crazy anymore. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just wait till the next trailer when we see all the characters who got yeeted off the cliff, wake up in some firey landscape. Suddenly they start getting swarmed by demons and monsters. It all looks bleak until,

"RIP AND TEAR"

Doomguy comes in saving the day.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Green actually could work with Isaac now that I think about it. Isaac does have plant-based powers, and greenw ould be a nice way to contrast Isaac's largely red, blue, and yellow design.
I was thinking more among the lines of the light green color epicmartin7 epicmartin7 posted matching Isaac's Psynergy hands (in the actual GS games and Brawl, not the yellow ones in Ultimate)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh **** they DID announce Robot wars's 30th anniversary title in the Japanese E3 stream.

The past month was a good time for me getting into this series with the few games that were localized into English, here's hoping this one does too, i'm looking forward to it.

Twilord

Smash Ace
I did and still do want Agumon.
Since we have outright been told that certain eras, and certain systems, and certain types of gaming, get reps--
I really would love a rep for the 90s craze of portable digital pets.
Oh it would still be fantastic! Though the idea of them ending on another Bandai Namco character would be quite shocking, I am just oddly relieved to be able to let my expectation deflate.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Another thing, I can imagine people getting not exactly mad, but not too happy with a third pass at this point, since we are, as you said, getting close to the end of Ultimate, presumably.
What logic is there in getting angry about more characters?
To go into Sakurai's own example:
"Meh, I'm angry that there are more gourmet dessert options that I can choose to not buy or even look at."

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am not saying a third pass is a third pass would be a bad idea, on the subject of a third pass, but since we are close to Ultimate's DLC ending, presumably, and that Sakurai said that Season 2 is the last, I feel like making another DLC pass would ruin all that, make it all for nothing, if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom