• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I realize, the only real Smash Announcement that would have hyped me, was the unveiling of another fighters pass.

...I am starting to lose hope, now.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Damn saw bananas and almost got myself excited for the wrong monke game.
Same! I'm not a Monkey Ball fan, and no offense to those who are, but man was that a huge letdown for me. C'mon, it's been so long since we've had a new DK game!

As for the new fighter, gonna be honest, this was probably the least exciting reveal for me. I don't come from a fighting game background, so I don't recognize most Tekken characters, so didn't know who this was. That's my fault, not Tekken's, but it nonetheless meant I wasn't really excited. And lacking a fighting game background means I'm terrible at command inputs, so Kazuya isn't going to win me over in the moveset department. Again, that's a me problem, but it nonetheless leaves me feeling very lukewarm about the inclusion. Happy that Bandai gets another character and happy for Tekken fans, and Tekken definitely deserves a spot. It's just one of those characters where personal interest isn't there for me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thoughts time:
  • Kazuya was a surprise but not bad
  • Some of the stuff shown would've been better off in a regular Direct
  • The new Mario Party looks neat but I've kinda outgrown them
  • Metroid Dread finally crawls out if its grave called development hell. Sweet!
  • Cruis'n Blast, eh? I play the arcade version at Dave & Busters a lot and neat to see a home release
  • New WarioWare is always welcoming. Gotta love Charles Martinet talking in his voices
  • We didn't get any new Mario + Rabbids stuff after Ubisoft Forward? Bummer...
  • Advance Wars revival is interesting
  • LOL :ultzelda: :ultgnw:
  • Zelda BotW2 looks good but why in the hell didn't they reveal the title?

7.5/10

volbound1700

Smash Master
Are you kidding? Tekken is potentially one of the most popular fighting games worldwide, no doubt. There's really no Japan Vs. Overseas talk about this franchise, it's massive.

YOU BET WE GOING DELFINO PLAZA WITH THIS BLASTING OUT
Ugh... World Wide, I would say both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are a lot more popular. Mortal Kombat has 3-4 movies including a very recent one that did alright at the box office.

I could agree it was #3. It is a HUGE franchise, don't get me wrong. I think it DESERVES a spot but in lieu of a pass that has been very Japanese to date, it is another smack in the face to fans that want any type of big-name Western IP. I like the pick and character and will enjoy playing it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yay for another newcomer illustration:

I love how we have official art of Pikachu looking horrified at Ryu's incoming death.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Okay, so I'm back.

I walked in making Zelda and Metroid my priority over Smash, and it worked out. Kazuya is cool, he makes sense, but he's not someone who interests me personally. That's fine though, and I had a feeling prior to his announcement that the Smash character wasn't for me. Super hyped about Dread and BotW2 though. Made my day.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
I’m actually pretty hyped for Kazuya, but also slightly bummed as my MW is definitely out the running now due to also being a Bandai Namco character.

Still though, Tekken is a great addition and I can’t wait to play him.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I feel like at this point, if there was going to be a Fighter's Pass 3, they'd have announced it by now.

They announced it midway through the first pass with Banjo, we're on character 5/6 now, and we just passed E3. They didn't do the more DLC in 2019's E3, but we were only halfway through then.
Well, they announced it with Terry.
And I will remain hopeful for all years.
I do acknowledge a truth from this board...
The reveals are not as exciting to me.

I wanted a Tekken character. But... there are so many characters I want, that it doesn't have such significant impact.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm overall very disappointed, but not angry, I expected that so I was prepared for it.

-The new character is another fighter that's based on traditional fighting game mechanics... it's starting to become the new "anime swordman" thing and I don't like those characters at all.
-90% of the games in the presentation I just don't care
-Breath of the Wild 2 is Breath of the Wild 1 + a few ruins in the sky: I didn't like the first one, I'm going to dislike this new one as well... and it seems that it won't have traditional caves and dungeons once again.

the positives
-I've never been a fan of Advanced Wars but I'm happy that the series got resurrected and got those remakes... better than nothing. Still not interested but I'm happy for it
-Metroid Dread. That's the only thing I liked in the whole presentation.

so... yeah... I assume I'll leave again soon; I'll be back for the next character, who at this point I care less than 0 about, but I'll still follow the reveal for completion.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, why'd they pick Kazuya over Jin? Because it'd be a great subversion?
If Heihachi still had some traces of a Smash moveset made, it'd be more accurate to give them to Kazuya, as Jin stopped being a Kazuya clone after Tekken 3.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, they announced it with Terry.
And I will remain hopeful for all years.
I do acknowledge a truth from this board...
The reveals are not as exciting to me.

I wanted a Tekken character. But... there are so many characters I want, that it doesn't have such significant impact.
I mean, there's also the thing that Sakurai non-stop said between March through May that this was the last pass, something he never said in regards to FP1.

One can only say "Sakurai's joking" soo much before it becomes obvious he's not.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Now that was a pretty freaking good direct. While I don’t play Tekken, Kazuya is a fighting game icon, no doubt, so having him here is great. And also…

WARIOWAREEEEEEE

I am a massive WarioWare fan, seeing WarioWare on the Switch is great. And judging by how much voice over was in that trailer, I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring back the animated cutscenes. I REALLY hope they do, cause I love those to bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom