• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Direct Impressions!

-Kazuya in smash is whatever, But it makes a good lick of sense, I accept it.

-Mario Party was a pleasant surprise

-Metroid seems cool

-Warioware seems GOATED as always.

-The advanced wars remake, Hell Yes, But I'm not sold on the Artstyle just yet

-BOTW looks great

This was a solid as hell direct. 8/10

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Direct Impressions!

-Kazuya in smash is whatever, But it makes a good lick of sense, I accept it.

-Mario Party was a pleasant surprise

-Metroid seems cool

-Warioware seems GOATED as always.

-The advanced wars remake, Hell Yes, But I'm not sold on the Artstyle just yet

-BOTW looks great

This was a solid as hell direct. 8/10
Best part of E3 without a doubt, even with one Smash reveal.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I knew it was a Tekken character when he was about to throw Ganondorf off into a volcano. Wasn't expecting him, though.

volbound1700

Smash Master
No, Tekken is ****ing huge worldwide
Although you are correct, I will say it is far more popular in Japan than Globally. It is a big enough name though to DESERVE to be in Smash. I am not bothered at all about his inclusion and Namco deserved a rep. Still, the West really hasn't been thrown much of a bone except for Banjo and Steve in the FP while there have been clearly Japanese picks. Heck I say West but even China and Korea tend to favor more Western IP as well so you could argue we are getting mostly Japanese popular picks over Global popular picks.

As stated, I don't think Tekken is a bad add at all and SHOULD have been expected. I look forward to trying out Kayuza and I am not upset at all by this pick. Still, it would be nice to at least getting one of the big Western IPs somewhere in this FP that people are clamoring for.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait don’t they have a closed doors conference as well? What if they reveal Chief or someone else in said conference a la :ultpacman:
E3 is all digital this year. There's no doors to close.

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
That was an amazing direct, so many great announcements, and great footage of games we already knew about. So so happy about all of this.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Wait don’t they have a closed doors conference as well? What if they reveal Chief or someone else in said conference a la :ultpacman:
Then they would have to reveal the Donkey Kong Country game too, which Verge was apparently wrong about.

It's possible he just had bad sources, I don't think he'd post this close to the direct if it wasn't related to it.

My guess was that he heard there was gonna be a Smash reveal, but somehow got the wrong character.

Last edited:

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
I was praying for Kazuya for quite a while, really thought he'd be far better to fit than Heihachi and I'm so glad about it too. You bet we gonna be doing Max Damage combos and juggling like crazy mfers

Twilord

Smash Ace
Soo... uhh...

anyone wanna help me mod Digimon into Melee? I mean pretty obvious now it wouldn't be redundant...

--------------------------------------------

No offense to Lloyd but I'm glad I wasn't crazy for thinking Tales Of was too obvious. Also funny that in the same Direct Nintendo debunked my Digimon theory they drove home the idea they still see merit in the Tamagotchi/Game&Watch approach to game design.

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Really neat direct! Liked a lot of what was shown.

Surprised about Tekken getting a rep despite the Heihachi Mii Costume coming with Min Min. I kinda wished it was him as I liked the idea of an old man character but it's nice to still see what we did. Weird they didn't save it until then. Why wouldn't they??

A Ubisoft rep, a Bethesda rep, or even Geno feel more plausible now to me.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
From a Smash reveal absolutely no one saw coming, to the first new 2D Metroid in 19 years, to the unexpected revival of Advance Wars, Nintendo clearly won this E3.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At first I thought Dread was a Fusion remake, but the robot was clearly a new thing, plus they outright said it was going to be a "new" entry in the franchise.

The game is another legit Survival Horror take on Metroid, so I'm really looking forward to it!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
E3 is a digital event this year, isn't it?

I guess they could still have a private digital conference, but that does seem kind of pointless.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tekken seams to be a japan choice, Does it?
Nah, this further confirms, most of this phase is characters Sakurai wanted to do previously but never got to.

For example, ARMS, a Xenoblade 2 rep, and now Tekken, are all games Sakurai said he tried to represent previously but didn't have time or hadn't gotten movesets down.

Very likely final character is about to someone else we know Sakurai tried to work on. My bet is its a pokemon, possibly from Legends Arceus. If rowlett has a new final form, I'd bet on that, since Decidueye was heavily considered.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe some rando on twitter made a bait tweet about how ****ty JRPG fans are to Pllatformers over Crash and the latest character revealed was neither of those 2 genres.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Really neat direct! Liked a lot of what was shown.

Surprised about Tekken getting a rep despite the Heihachi Mii Costume coming with Min Min. I kinda wished it was him as I liked the idea of an old man character but it's nice to still see what we did. Weird they didn't save it until then. Why wouldn't they??

A Ubisoft rep, a Bethesda rep, or even Geno feel more plausible now to me.
Don't forget Capcom. Dante is still on the table and I am so happy that the Monster Hunter and Arthur Mii Costumes don't deconfirm him.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I mean Jin is the protagonist, mascot and face of Tekken. So I would have assumed this being another Min Min scenario.
For the record Heihachi, Jin and Kazuya IS and HAS been the main face of Tekken, Kazuya in particular is the main protagonist in the first game while Jin is just his sucessor in the later installment. So the logic of "everyone is the main character" doesn't apply here.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Nah, this further confirms, most of this phase is characters Sakurai wanted to do previously but never got to.

For example, ARMS, a Xenoblade 2 rep, and now Tekken, are all games Sakurai said he tried to represent previously but didn't have time or hadn't gotten movesets down.

Very likely final character is about to someone else we know Sakurai tried to work on. My bet is its a pokemon, possibly from Legends Arceus. If rowlett has a new final form, I'd bet on that, since Decidueye was heavily considered.
I think that if any Pokemon game is getting in it's gonna be one from Sword and Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom