• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know I wasnt gonna get anything I cared avout out of SW today but Capcom is tomorrow and Im for sure getting Monster hunter out of that. Albeit maybe the same stuff they showed before but any MH is good for me

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Uhhh wow that was rather lame. Guardians looks cool and of course Final Fantasy Origins is something I’ll absolutely get my hands on but WOW I can count the announcements in that Presents on one hand and no news on FFXVI or really anything else. What a shame.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Disappointed NEO: The World Ends With You wasn't spotlighted, but at least it was in the sizzle reel. Maybe they're just out of stuff to talk about for it prerelease.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Microsoft - The Presentation itself was very good but the games shown did not impress that much.

Square - Hwat the ****, I liked the GOTG Game and FF origins looks intriguing but the whole presentation was far too fast paced or didn't seem all that interesting.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
The FF collection was so disappointing man. You have a golden opportunity to port the best versions of this classics to every console and you do basic ROM Dump on Mobile and Steam only.
I don't get how SaGa and Mana can get all these cool remasters and remakes but the classic FF can only get ugly mobile ports.

And seeing how Babylon's Fall turned out makes me really worried about what is going on at Platinum.

Overall, a pretty disappointing show. Those 15 seconds of FF16 that they showed at the end were better than the entire presentation.
I guess we'll have to wait for a future State of Play to see more of that...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I mean I know the pandemic ****ed up everything, but this E3 is just abyssmal. I'm really not that optimistic with Nintendo's E3 right now.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
I watched the Microsoft and Square Enix presentations, and the games I’m most interested in are Back 4 Blood, Battlefield 2042, Halo Infinite (nice to see that multiplayer is free), and Stranger of Paradise: FF Origin.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I mean I know the pandemic ****ed up everything, but this E3 is just abyssmal. I'm really not that optimistic with Nintendo's E3 right now.
That's why I rarely get disappointed on Nintendo presentations.

I never really expect anything. :p

Please, just gimme Kid Icarus content, I have craved it for almost decade now.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'll perk up at Capcom's they announce something like SFVI, Darkstalkers, Breath of fire etc.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I was hoping for new information on Final Fantasy XVI, but disappointed there was no news on that.

Anyways, I really hope Capcom will unveil something interesting tomorrow.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
I'm still just so very confused about this:
Why did Square Enix show off the big new Final Fantasy game, and THEN do a sizzle reel? It would've had way more of an impact if they saved it for the end.
(Speaking of which, I am excited for said FF game. The combat looks really fun.)

Paraster

Smash Lord
I have minimal knowledge of the franchise but the Final Fantasy Origins trailer was so %$#@ing funny

Jack
View attachment 319073
He is a dude
He wants to kill Chaos
He wants to kill Chaos very very badly
It's weird for him to be another Noctis-esque "dressed in modern clothes" protagonist when Stranger of Paradise is supposed to be set in the sword-and-sorcery world of Final Fantasy I.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The Capcom presentation's started. So far, it's been Resident Evil and Monster Hunter. I'm hoping we get a Mega Man X9 announcement or a Marvel vs. Capcom collection, though I doubt either one will happen. (I missed the first few minutes, so I'm not sure if they gave any indication that these are possible)

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The time for the Nintendo Direct fast approaches.

Any last minute theories you guys wanna share? I mean, not really last minute, but with how early in the morning the Direct will air, it might as well be.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just a heads up there’s spoilers for a specific game that’ll be featured in the Direct on Twitter and in other locations. Best to stay safe and keep yourselves in here or just go into internet blackout. There’s only like 14 more hours until showtime.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a heads up there’s spoilers for a specific game that’ll be featured in the Direct on Twitter and in other locations. Best to stay safe and keep yourselves in here or just go into internet blackout. There’s only like 14 more hours until showtime.
It's live in 12 hours, actually.

Nonetheless, let's hope the leaks don't hit these forums too hard. >.<;

...Anyone is free to spoil me if Quest 64 is coming to Switch(and only that), though. In other words, I won't get spoiled. XD

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think I left the speculation thread just before I could get spoiled because the last thing I saw before hightailing it was a user talking in all caps.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Well, we reached the last day. Thankfully I cleared out of leaks so I'm entering the Nintendo presentation blind. Hopefully Nintendo blows it out of the park because so far only Microsoft actually brought with them a good presentation that impressed me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom