• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Semi-serious prediction list:
  • King Boo in Smash (timestamp 3:00)
  • Nintendo says hi (timestamp 4:00)
  • "Popo and Nana Climb Again" is a $30 eShop sidescroller, late August (timestamp 6:30)
  • NEO TWEWY and Triangle Strategy trailers (timestamp 10:30)
  • Chrono Trigger shadow drop (timestamp 12:00)
  • The first two monthly update characters in Super Rush will be Diddy Kong and Baby Mario (timestamp 13:30)
  • Squid Research Lab returns with new info (timestamp 17:00)
  • Nintendo checks you're still awake (timestamp 18:00)
  • BDSP revealed to contain Platinum content including Distortion World (timestamp 20:00)
  • Capcom, Sega, and Konami talk about what they're porting (timestamp 25:00)
  • BOTW2 is called "TLOZ: Destiny of the Wild" and does feature playable Zelda + online co-op, releases December (timestamp 31:00)
  • Third-Party Sizzle Reel reveals Portal, Far Cry, and SimCity (timestamp 34:00)
  • MP4 teaser features Anthony Higgs (timestamp 35:30)
  • Nintendo says bye (timestamp 36:30)
  • objection! Phoenix Wright in Smash (timestamp 40:00)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Careful out there ladies and gents. It looks like the character has been potentially spoiled by Vergeben.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As in singular?

But I've lost faith in Vergeben awhile back.
Several hints for games were also included, at no point did it imply it would be the only reveal.

This also followed a completely different person dropping the same names.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I swear, why do the hours have to feel so long, especially when trying to avoid spoilers? We're so close...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Heads up to everyone. We’re gonna unmark [spoiler-free] and close the other threads so ALL of the discussion will be in here at around an hour before the direct. If you want to react as it’s happening I recommend having this thread open in a separate tab until the show starts. At which point everything is free game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Even though I already got the character I wanted the most, I hope lots of folks get happy with whoever get reveal today.

Oh and, hope we get some good ass games announced too.

Xendam

Smash Rookie
WELCOME!

After a year off thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic it’s finally that time of year again! Use this place to react and discuss all things E3!

Just to note. On the airing of the E3 Nintendo direct the official Social Thread 2.0 and Newcomer Discussion thread will be locked so we can centralize most reactions into this thread.

Otherwise the forum rules still apply just like they always do but a SPECIAL RULE: this thread is meant to be SPOILER FREE. The Moderators do reserve the right to edit your posts to add spoiler tags or even redact some parts of spoiler heavy posts. Continual posting of spoilers and leaks within this Spoiler Free thread CAN result in warnings.

And that’s it! Have fun and of course keep it clean!
View attachment 318750
どんなファイターが参戦するのか、考えている時がthe most interestingだ。

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you don't want spoilers then don't go here
Oh, so you actually aren't hiding them in spoilers like a good sport? :239: Don't tell me what to do, I'll walk into hell and come out unscathed.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Just an hour to go.... lets do this.

Regardless of what has been leaked(or not, could be fake), I am still hoping for some good stuff. Pokemon Info, BotW2 info(PLEASE PLAYABLE ZELDA), and maybe some metroid info since that series is 35 now...

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
ANNOUNCEMENT

We do ask that you keep ALL Spoilers in spoilers until they are announced within the direct itself. Discussing the announcements is of course fine but we at least ask they you be respectful to others and not spoil surprises before their announcements in the direct. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm just sitting here, going in assuming its fake, and hoping for Reimu to burst in. If its the leak, I'm still happy.

As for the direct as a whole, Nintendo has to **** up badly to be worse then every other E3 presentation shown.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You know I'm gonna laugh my ass off if all those datamines meant was just the Master CHief collection coming to switch, and not him for smash. I would laugh so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom