• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
You know what also would be great news? At E3, Nintendo shows off Hayao Miyazaki's REAL last project... Studio Ghibli's Legend of Zelda.
Wow! I'm not sure why I've never thought of this before. The Legend of Zelda, being my favorite series of anything, and Studio Ghibli, a studio of which I am fond of for their Anime and art direction. . . A collaboration between the two would be beautiful (though to be fair, probably not the direction the Wii-U currently needs for a mass-appeal)! The chance, unlikely as it may be for Zelda Wii-U, or perhaps any Zelda in general, at least gives me the ability to imagine something wonderful. Ha ha.

Dread Fighter

Smash Rookie
NNID
pammygayle
3DS FC
0130-3036-4347
It's be interesting if they showed a Smash Bros. Wii U bundled with a Gamecube-styled Wii U controller.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I've cut some characters from my E3 prediction list. No, that doesn't mean I don't think they're possible anymore, it only means they're gonna be revealed when the game comes out and we have the players guide to tell. Here's my list.

Krystal
Shadow
Palutena
PacMan
Ridley
Paper Mario

Veteran fighters
Wario
Ness
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
I hope you're right :grin:
I wouldn't mind the others you mentioned either. Shadow is a little push though because I personally didn't care for him after Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I wouldn't be TOO shocked to see another sonic rep, but definitely not expecting it.

Speaking of which, who else thinks that the Chaotix should be in Sonic Boom and that the Boom canon is a perfect way to bring back Fang and Mighty?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I wouldn't be TOO shocked to see another sonic rep, but definitely not expecting it.

Speaking of which, who else thinks that the Chaotix should be in Sonic Boom and that the Boom canon is a perfect way to bring back Fang and Mighty?
I just hope they bring back Shadow and Rouge to Sonic Boom, but the Chaotix would be good too

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wow! I'm not sure why I've never thought of this before. The Legend of Zelda, being my favorite series of anything, and Studio Ghibli, a studio of which I am fond of for their Anime and art direction. . . A collaboration between the two would be beautiful (though to be fair, probably not the direction the Wii-U currently needs for a mass-appeal)! The chance, unlikely as it may be for Zelda Wii-U, or perhaps any Zelda in general, at least gives me the ability to imagine something wonderful. Ha ha.
Ni-No-Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch, was co-created by Ghibli. If Nintendo plays their cards right, I could see them reaching out to more third-parties to help with big IPs, like with Hyrule Warriors.

Hulk Smash-bros

Smash Rookie
Personally i hope we see Isaac from golden sun as a playable character. he was an assist trophy last game but he has so much potential as far as movesets.
Before a few days ago this was just a fanboys hope and didnt really think was possible but now that omega ruby and alpha sapphire are announced i would love to see sceptile as a playable character in smash! he would fill that grass type hole in the pokemon roster with greninja and charizard and premote the hoenn remakes very nicely. and no i dont think blaziken would be in because hes more popular... screw that thing! would pretty much just be cap falcon as a pokemon character.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Personally i hope we see Isaac from golden sun as a playable character. he was an assist trophy last game but he has so much potential as far as movesets.
Before a few days ago this was just a fanboys hope and didnt really think was possible but now that omega ruby and alpha sapphire are announced i would love to see sceptile as a playable character in smash! he would fill that grass type hole in the pokemon roster with greninja and charizard and premote the hoenn remakes very nicely. and no i dont think blaziken would be in because hes more popular... screw that thing! would pretty much just be cap falcon as a pokemon character.
That will happen..as long as we get no Mewtwo.:troll:

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
So less than a month, huh? Man, each day close to E3 feels like a millennium.
I'm starting to warm up to the 2nd Sonic Character idea but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Also Boom is a perfect way to revive dead characters, like Shadow, Blaze.
And give them actual backstories *cough*Silver*cough*

maybe i'm just being greedy but i want sonic adventure 3 for some reason

Last edited:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I dont know why, but im starting to feel like Sceptile is a bit too predictable and he might not make it in. Just a feeling though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I dont know why, but im starting to feel like Sceptile is a bit too predictable and he might not make it in. Just a feeling though.
Too predictable? I don't think Sakurai choses characters based on how predictable they are or aren't. We never would've had Mega Man, Sonic, Diddy Kong or Lucario that way.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What I'd love to be shown, but will probably never happen: Mother 4.

Hulk Smash-bros

Smash Rookie
i dont think its too predictable. honestly i hope we dont see pac man as a character... to be honest his 3d form is very derpy looking and pretty much everyone knows pac man as his old game where hes just a yellow circle with a mouth. but i do think he should be an assist trophy! somone else who i think should make it in is lloyd irving from tales of symphonia. namco is a huge part of the game soo. and he can be the first duel wielding sword user

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Too predictable? I don't think Sakurai choses characters based on how predictable they are or aren't. We never would've had Mega Man, Sonic, Diddy Kong or Lucario that way.
I agree for the most part, but the characters you listed are mostly shoe-ins. The game is about Nintendo all-star characters coming together in a fighting game and when I think of the Nintendo all-stars, all the really big names are in the game already (save for some like Toad, Ridley, Bowser Jr. IMO), so I think Sakurai is going for more unconventional picks, especially this time around.

Some of the more unpredictable characters like Shiek, Toon Link, Pkmn Trainer, Snake and ROB, in my opinion, were strange picks to add and a bit unpredictable. I think Sceptile fits under the category of being a bit "too predictable" now that we are somewhat expecting a Grass starter.

It's just a hunch, but I feel like it may just be too easy and it isn't Sakurai's style, but I do hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: Although, Sceptile could just be an unlockable and unannounced until the 3DS version releases.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I agree for the most part, but the characters you listed are mostly shoe-ins. The game is about Nintendo all-star characters coming together in a fighting game and when I think of the Nintendo all-stars, all the really big names are in the game already (save for some like Toad, Ridley, Bowser Jr. IMO), so I think Sakurai is going for more unconventional picks, especially this time around.

Some of the more unpredictable characters like Shiek, Toon Link, Pkmn Trainer, Snake and ROB, in my opinion, were strange picks to add and a bit unpredictable. I think Sceptile fits under the category of being a bit "too predictable" now that we are somewhat expecting a Grass starter.

It's just a hunch, but I feel like it may just be too easy and it isn't Sakurai's style, but I do hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: Although, Sceptile could just be an unlockable and unannounced until the 3DS version releases.
Although toon link was pretty predictable since he's really just a redesigned young link and even then if we knew charizard was alone greninja would've been a shoe-in too

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
OMG i've never played any of the games but this makes me wanna also, didn't itoi say he was done with the series?
Yeah, he is done with the series. Mother 4 is a fanmade game.

Fan games =/= canon
I'm aware. I already said that. Canon or no, it's still a game made by Mother fans for Mother fans, so I suspect the final product should be extraordinary.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Yeah, he is done with the series. Mother 4 is a fanmade game.

I'm aware. I already said that. Canon or no, it's still a game made by Mother fans for Mother fans, so I suspect the final product should be extraordinary.
Yeah I'm just wondering if that was true or not, but I guess it is

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Although toon link was pretty predictable since he's really just a redesigned young link and even then if we knew charizard was alone greninja would've been a shoe-in too
I dont know of many people who predicted young link would return in the form of took link. And we didnt know Charizard would be alone. My point is that Sakurais decisions make sense once announced, but before they are, many of them seem hard to predict. And Sceptile seems a bit too easy now.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Feeling pretty confident about K Rool. Possibly Dixie as well/if not. Other than that I'd expect to see Palutena, a curve ball (Marshal?) and a 3rd party character. Some more returning fighters will probably show up. Not Mewtwo though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We are one February away! I can believe that E3 is so soon, I can't believe that I have been a member for almost an entire year though.
You've certainly made enough posts for 5... and given enough likes for 70. And I just realized, I've nearly been here two years. Man the time flew.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys mind if I update my predictions? Changes are bolded.

Nintendo:
  • NFP capabilities shown; games include:
      1. Mario Kart 8 (Pac-Man is unlockable)
      2. Yarn Yoshi
      3. Pokemon Fighters/Tournament
      4. Sonic Boom
      5. Super Smash Bros.
      6. Potential for previously released games, if the developers wish (and would like to include patches/updates)
  • Project STEAM is a Wii U first-person shooter; graphics are less realistic, storyline that has some humor/lightheartedness; game will be developed by High Voltage Software and supervised by Nintendo.
  • Nothing mentioned of Retro's project(s).
  • X is shown with new footage, information, name change, but still no firm release date or other big details.
  • Yarn Yoshi releasing the end of summer/beginning of fall.
  • New Bayonetta 2 trailer; release date, etc.
  • Nothing mentioned of QoL project.
  • Hyrule Warriors playable + release date + trailer.
  • New Legend of Zelda teaser trailer. 2015.
  • Animal Crossing revealed. Titled "Animal Crossing: New Year." Early 2015.
  • Pokemon Tournament (U) & Pokemon Fighters (3DS) revealed; two games link together with NFP figurines.
  • F-Zero U announced; eShop released, co-developed by Shin'en.
  • Finally, Super Mario RPG 2 revealed; developed by Square-Enix. 2015.
Smash Bros:
  • 3DS release date.
  • Intergration between 3DS and Wii U shown.
  • NFP: Individual fighters for customizable moves.
  • No firm Wii U release date (still Winter 2014).
  • Pac-Man revealed.
  • Takamaru revealed.
  • Geno revealed to coincide with Super Mario RPG 2.
  • Miis will be revealed before E3 with a new Nintendo Direct that features the new OS update + Tamodachi collection + N64 & DS VC + Wii Sports Club Baseball + E3 plans. Miis will not be playable on E3 floor or have a big presence at the show.
  • Wario will be revealed on Miiverse before E3 for Mario Kart's release.
  • Other veterans will be sprinkled-in during E3 presentation (Ice-Climbers) and updated on the website.
Sega:
  • Sega announces Shenmue for download on consoles + PC.
  • In an unprecedented move, Sega and Yu Suzuki announce a joint Shenmue 3 kickstarter. Sega will say that they realize there's a huge demand for Shenmue 3, but with a large undertaking like that, they can't afford to do it by themselves; will spin it as "Sega helping fans help themselves."
  • NiGHTS and the House of the Dead announced for 3DS.

Morbi

Scavenger
Do you guys mind if I update my predictions? Changes are bolded.

Nintendo:
  • NFP capabilities shown; games include:
      1. Mario Kart 8 (Pac-Man is unlockable)
      2. Yarn Yoshi
      3. Pokemon Fighters/Tournament
      4. Sonic Boom
      5. Super Smash Bros.
      6. Potential for previously released games, if the developers wish (and would like to include patches/updates)
  • Project STEAM is a Wii U first-person shooter; graphics are less realistic, storyline that has some humor/lightheartedness; game will be developed by High Voltage Software and supervised by Nintendo.
  • Nothing mentioned of Retro's project(s).
  • X is shown with new footage, information, name change, but still no firm release date or other big details.
  • Yarn Yoshi releasing the end of summer/beginning of fall.
  • New Bayonetta 2 trailer; release date, etc.
  • Nothing mentioned of QoL project.
  • Hyrule Warriors playable + release date + trailer.
  • New Legend of Zelda teaser trailer. 2015.
  • Animal Crossing revealed. Titled "Animal Crossing: New Year." Early 2015.
  • Pokemon Tournament (U) & Pokemon Fighters (3DS) revealed; two games link together with NFP figurines.
  • F-Zero U announced; eShop released, co-developed by Shin'en.
  • Finally, Super Mario RPG 2 revealed; developed by Square-Enix. 2015.
Smash Bros:
  • 3DS release date.
  • Intergration between 3DS and Wii U shown.
  • NFP: Individual fighters for customizable moves.
  • No firm Wii U release date (still Winter 2014).
  • Pac-Man revealed.
  • Takamaru revealed.
  • Geno revealed to coincide with Super Mario RPG 2.
  • Miis will be revealed before E3 with a new Nintendo Direct that features the new OS update + Tamodachi collection + N64 & DS VC + Wii Sports Club Baseball + E3 plans. Miis will not be playable on E3 floor or have a big presence at the show.
  • Wario will be revealed on Miiverse before E3 for Mario Kart's release.
  • Other veterans will be sprinkled-in during E3 presentation (Ice-Climbers) and updated on the website.
Sega:
  • Sega announces Shenmue for download on consoles + PC.
  • In an unprecedented move, Sega and Yu Suzuki announce a joint Shenmue 3 kickstarter. Sega will say that they realize there's a huge demand for Shenmue 3, but with a large undertaking like that, they can't afford to do it by themselves; will spin it as "Sega helping fans help themselves."
  • NiGHTS and the House of the Dead announced for 3DS.
Geno revealed for Smash and Pac-Man for Mario Kart? What about Master Chief replaces Link in the Legend of Zelda (I keed).

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Geno revealed for Smash and Pac-Man for Mario Kart? What about Master Chief replaces Link in the Legend of Zelda (I keed).
Lol! No, you're right--that is pretty far-fetched. My E3 predictions are always a combination of 1. What I think will happen, 2. What I want to happen, and 3. Would be interesting "if" this happened.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Lol! No, you're right--that is pretty far-fetched. My E3 predictions are always a combination of 1. What I think will happen, 2. What I want to happen, and 3. Would be interesting "if" this happened.
I don't think SMRPG2 is that farfetched. After all, Squenix is desperate for anything that'll make them a profit, and Mario RPG games always sell well.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
E3 is in less than 30 days? Wow I remember the game being mentioned back in 2011.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
There's not really a market for F-Zero anymore. Nintendo has Mario Kart, it doesn't really need a second first party racing game.

Top Bottom