• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's what we know about Nintendo's E3 in relation to Smash Bros

1. Instead of a stage presentation there'll be a Smash Tournament which will take place after the Main Nintendo event.
2. The main event will be something different from a traditional direct... somehow.
3. There will be demos of Smash WiiU at Best Buy stores, you lucky American ba-
4. Smash 3DS will be released sometime before September so a release date is likely.
5. Nintendo will show off new NFC games with one report saying they'll tie into Smash WiiU
6. There'll be another invitational evening presentation relating to Smash Bros on the Tuesday lasting 90 minutes.

I'm willing to bet more than one newcomer will be announced as when the 3DS version is released we'll know the full cast anyway.

On a side note, we don't know what the miiverse pictures will do but I assume they'll showcase some of the new E3 stuff.

Schedule

• Nintendo Digital Event
When? : 9 a.m. PST, 12 Noon EST, 5 p.m. GMT+1 (UK)
Where? : (e3.nintendo.com)

• Smash Bros. Invitational
When? : 4 p.m. PST, 7 p.m. EST, 12 Midnight GMT+1 (UK)
Where? : (http://www.twitch.tv/e3) & (http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/)

• Smash Bros. Developer Discussion (Q&A)
When? : - 7 p.m. PST, 10 p.m. EST, 3 a.m. GMT+1 (UK)
(lasts for 90 minutes, I don't think it is being broadcast online)

[COLLAPSE="Old Post"]E3 will take place on June 10-12 this year so that's 21-22 weeks. Times that by 5 and that makes 105-110 pictures so a lot could and will change before then.

What we know is
A. The game will be released this year so it seems as good a time as any to announce a release for at least one version.
B. There's a better than good chance of a newcomer being revealed as they have trailers accompanying them.

What do you think will happen at E3? Me personally, if the game has another third party character Like Pac-Man or Snake they'll be shown off.
[/COLLAPSE]
Click here for the countdown to E3 2014.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Smash in 2024....that would definitely be scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Crap, how do I change the title?

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I honestly thing Smash would be either complete or near completion by the time E3 2014, so it'd probably be a full rundown of what Smash Bro's is all about.

It'd probably have a live demo and some sort of giveaway.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
You gotta love those typos...:p I feel your pain.

In all seriousness, yeah, I imagine that it'll be like Brawl's E3, introducing characters like Zss, pit, metaknight...I'd love for Shulk and Robin to make an appearance, but them being revealed at the same time is kinda unlikely.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
Some have predicted delays, but i think that's overkill already. I doubt that Wii U will be the main console in 2014

Joking aside, I believe that they will show us new trailer with newcomers and veterans, that will raise the hype level to the extreme. Mewtwo, Palutena, Ridley and Pacman(if they decide to add another 3rd party character) are good candidates. Maybe they will also show a couple of new stages and gameplay.

Last edited:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
All I'm hoping is for some gameplay, though if I was to speculate I would say that the E3 reveal would be a confirmation of three additional characters. There would also be a highlight on the customizing feature with an emphasis on certain avatar based characters.

Oh and of course, a release date. I'm predicting a release sometime between August-October all depending on the character release rate up until launch with somewhere between 7-9 more starter characters to be revealed.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
By 2024, Smash Bros. 5 or 6 will have been in development by then!

Anyways jokes aside, within E3 2014, I could see them unveil a number of characters (a mixture of veterans and newcomers), maybe a demo during E3 as well as providing more details of the game such as the modes etc and hopefully a release date.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Probably some more character and stage reveals. A more precise release date could be stretching it though.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
well even stating whether it will be Q3 or Q4 is more precise than what we have at this time and there is no reason they won't be able to state at least that much this E3.

kylexv

Smash Master
Characters will be revealed (Don't know which ones because you never know what Sakurai would do)
There will be a demo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
4 more months
That reminds me, we still have at least 4 more characters to be revealed. Who would it be? I'm guessing if there's a DK reveal at E3 then Diddy would come soon, like how all the Mario characters came before Rosalina.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's pretty clear that no one will know who will be revealed after Diddy Kong.
But I think Palutena will be revealed in March just because of KI:U's anniversary.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Characters will be revealed (Don't know which ones because you never know what Sakurai would do)
There will be a demo.
If there's going to be a demo, it needs to be an eShop download, as that'll really help the Wii U out with its profit issues.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, provided the game hasn't come out yet by E3 time, a few things could happen. One, they show off any possible single player gameplay modes, like adventure mode. Two, they show a third party character, like Solid Snake and Pac-Man. Three, popular characters not yet confirmed are shown off, like Mewtwo or King K. Rool. At least, that's what I would take from it. And likely a release date would pop up too.

Also, if we did have to wait until E3 for a large chunk of news again, playable demos at the stage floor could also be a thing. And we would probably get one more character that almost no one has thought of.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm thinking we will get another lengthy trailer revealing a handful of veterans (any of Yoshi, Wario, Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, Falco, or Ness, if they aren't revealed by then already) a couple new stages (perhaps a long overdue Kirby stage), and three newcomers (Little Mac, Pac-man and Mii?); with a release date right at the end. That would be amazing.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
What if we ended getting something like the entirety of Brawl's 07 E3 commentary

It's funny because Reggie said we wouldn't get it next year (and specifically mentions next Spring) which is when Brawl came out.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
I can imagine people being able to play the game with most of the characters revealed so far, including whoever is revealed at E3. Can imagine they would want a big character to hype up the release so I can see maybe Snake returning alongside 1 or 2 newcomers, or whoever the illusive last 3rd party character is/or Ridley (If either of them are in the game of course). Will probably get a release date too.

Then again I can remember E3 2007 when Smash was meant to come out that year,and all we got was a release date and some new footage so maybe we'll get something similar again.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm assuming that maybe Mewtwo and K.Rool/Ridley would be revealed there, along with a few other veterans, possibly Snake if we haven't seen him by then.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't know, seems a little too far out yet to speculate on E3 to me...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I know its gonna be hype train 2.0 all over again and i cant wait! I sure will wet my knickers like i did last year but imo...its way to early for this thread....

Should be made in April

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I highly doubt Little Mac, Pac-Man, and the Mii will be shown. It wouldn't be a good move of Sakurai's. He'd most likely show characters that would cause some hype, like Mewtwo and Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Ridley will come swooping in, riding Zero Suit Samus, Metroids will fly by. We will see Pyrosphere, and then BOOM! King K. Rool drops from the ceiling, dawning a nice new fur coat, probably Cranky Kong, and then out of the left field walks in Little Mac, punching the ever living crap out of Pikachu. He KO's Pikachu faster than you can count to 3.

Ridley gets off of ZSS, and knocks her into the lava with his tail. Rich Playboy King K. Rool takes his fur coat off, and throws it into Ridley's eyes. Ridley goes blind because he's allergic to fur. King K. Rool bites his legs and ridley transforms into Omega Ridley. He overlooks the whole stage, steps once and squishes King K. Rool.

COMING 2016!!!!!
Fireworks go off in the background. End of E3. Go Home.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I highly doubt Little Mac, Pac-Man, and the Mii will be shown. It wouldn't be a good move of Sakurai's. He'd most likely show characters that would cause some hype, like Mewtwo and Ridley.
Who knows, Pac-Man and the Mii might cause actual hype that the games will be pre-ordered with an increase Wii U sales by 300%. :troll:

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm thinking something along these lines:
Little Mac: Showcases the speed of Smash 4/Wii U
Mewtwo:

K. Rool: Draws in SNES/N64 era Nintendo fans who are too busy playing Call of Duty to care.
Ridley: Anyone who sees Ridley will immediately want to try him out. Plus, it's an American press event.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm betting we'll get another 3-4 newcomers in a trailer, or trailers scattered throughout the dates. Personally I don't "believe" in the leaked three, but I wouldn't be surprised by any of them either.

One thing I'm almost sure of is at least a release window. They are very adamant about getting out this year, and that'll be the time to prep everyone to start buying their Wii U's or 3DS'.

Beyond that, I hope for a proper trailer that shows off other features of the game, not just newcomers. I'm talking stage builder, online, maybe a brief showcase of any new mechanics. Stuff like that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I guess the amount of reveals at E3 would depend on the time left release If the game launches

Yoshi, Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Sheik, Falco, Ganondorf, Wario, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, Zamus, Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, Lucas, ROB, Ike, Snake make 19 more veteran reveals and at 2 a month that would mean September/October until they're all revealed. And that's not even accounting for newcomers. Unless either some are removed or a bunch get revealed at the next E3.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I guess the amount of reveals at E3 would depend on the time left release If the game launches

Yoshi, Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Sheik, Falco, Ganondorf, Wario, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, Zamus, Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, Lucas, ROB, Ike, Snake make 19 more veteran reveals and at 2 a month that would mean September/October until they're all revealed. And that's not even accounting for newcomers. Unless either some are removed or a bunch get revealed at the next E3.
Yeah I don't think we should assume that all characters are going to be revealed by launch, since it seems Sakurai wants to play it closer to home this time around.

And that does make me think about the possibility of veterans being revealed at E3... Honestly I could see that. It's hype-worthy enough as part of a trailer, so I don't think we should count that out.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yeah I don't think we should assume that all characters are going to be revealed by launch, since it seems Sakurai wants to play it closer to home this time around.

And that does make me think about the possibility of veterans being revealed at E3... Honestly I could see that. It's hype-worthy enough as part of a trailer, so I don't think we should count that out.
You mean as part of the trailer leading up to the lone Newcomer?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
You mean as part of the trailer leading up to the lone Newcomer?
Trailer for a newcomer, general trailer showing off features or whatever. Yeah. Though I did kinda space the fact that Sakurai said he wanted each newcomer to get a fancy little CG trailer thing... Either way, don't think it's impossible to do something like Villager's trailer again.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Either way, don't think it's impossible to do something like Villager's trailer again.
Yeah, I had an idea something like that. It starts with Mario facing off against Donkey Kong in the ring CG style as they run together it cuts to gameplay footage, possibly showing off new stages, before cutting back to DK sending Mario flying. As DK cheers, the screen behind him suddenly flashes CHALLENGER APPROACHING and Little Mac takes the stage.

Top Bottom