• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, with Nintendo recently unveiling NFC technology for both the Wii U and 3DS, I think it is guaranteed we could get more info on this within E3 along with the IP games that will consist of this technology.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Stuff I think we'll see:
(? when I'm not really expecting it, but think it has a good shot)

Smash Tournament:
Lot's of awesome Smash Bros.
A reveal; either Mewtwo, Ridley or Metaknight

Pokémon Direct:
Alpha Saphire and Omega Ruby, including any new mechanics and some of the mega-evolutions. Talk about move tutors and end game stuff, and possibly how to balance out some of the powerhouses from X and Y.
X and Y update patch to allow new megas to be use online?
Pikachu Detective Agency? telling us what the heck this even is!
Pokémon art academy
Any pokémon spin-offs? (mystery dungeon/ranger/poképark/SNAP?)
Pokkén the fighters
Sceptile/Blaziken or Mewtwo for smash bros reveal

Mario Direct:
General Mario stuff, explaining about cross promotions. Possibly a litte show-case of some of the Mario NFP figures...
A 3DS Mario game? (I think 2D... but I think we'll get something)
NFP game? (May not be Mario, but I think it will be)
Mario Party U?
Paper Mario 3?
Mario Kart 8 DLC?
Yarn Yoshi? (I think we'll see it, but not sure if it'll be considered Mario)
An exploratory styled 3D Mario for Wii U
Bowser Jr in Smash Bros reveal

Legend of Zelda Direct:
Hyrule Warriors information, explaining what's going on and who some of the lieutenants are.
Majora's Mask 3D!
4-swords style game?
Legend of Zelda Wii U
Girahim? or reworked Ganondorf for Smash Bros

Monolith Direct?:
Their 3DS game
X
Shulk in Smash Bros?

Dragon Quest Direct:
DQVII 3DS (west)
DQX Wii U (both, but more important for west as revealing; just some future patches for JPN)
DQ Monsters? (US)
Slime Mori Mori? (JPN)
Dragon Quest XI (JPN, briefly mentioned in US)
Itadaki Street 3DS (JPN, maybe also Wii U? DQxMario)
Bravely Second? (only briefly mentioned, but I can see them popping some info about it)
Slime in Smash Bros?

Indie Direct?:
Showing off some of those Unity games, particularly exclusives!
The Mario vs Donkey Kong tech demo showing off the Nintendo Web Framework, and explaining what that means for us.
Some of the big Kickstarter generation games?:
Mighty Number 9?
Knite and the Ghost Lights?
Shantae: Half Genie Hero?
Hex Heroes? (exclusive afterall)
Starwhal?
Churbles?
Soul Saga?
A Hat in Time?

Platinum Direct?:
Bayonetta 2 news! Release date, and some info.
Wonderful 102?
Second Party?
Anything else Nintendo exclusive...

General Direct:
All sorts of others!
Fatal Frame U
Sonic Boom
New Sega Sonic
Project STEAM
Retro's new Metroid game
3DS Metroid game?
Animal Crossing U?
Bravely Second?
Ninja Gaiden? Tecmo Koei partnership?
New Rhythm Heaven?
Platinum Star Fox?
New F-Zero? Sega?
SMTxFE, they'll show something about what it is, but I'm not expecting much...
Miyamoto's new IP
VC stuff
Watch Dogs unique features
Kid Icarus?
Anything that didn't make their own Direct?

Smash Direct: (probably last of the event)
New Trailer.
Reiterate whatever reveals from earlier and give more info.
Some new Wii U version information.
A few more veteran reveals and info.
More ATs and other deconfirmations.
Pac-Man, Takamaru, Palutena reveal? I don't expect too many with so many other reveals probably earlier, but I could see one...

Yeah, I expect a hell of a lot from this E3!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd also like to see some stuff relating to Kid Icarus, but who knows. :ohwell:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I think we'll definitely get a trailer, I mean if there wasn't why announce it now rather than E3
As much as I believe it will happen, I just want more on screen footage of the game AND I WANT IT NOW!!! We already have on screen footage of Sonic Boom, another thing I'm excited about, and absolutely nothing on the new Pokemon things. And I'm surprised I was able to preorder the game just after it was announced.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
As much as I believe it will happen, I just want more on screen footage of the game AND I WANT IT NOW!!! We already have on screen footage of Sonic Boom, another thing I'm excited about, and absolutely nothing on the new Pokemon things. And I'm surprised I was able to preorder the game just after it was announced.
I just want to see sonic boom gameplay, but not trailer style, you can't really get a good look at the gameplay, I mean a demo would be nice

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I just want to see sonic boom gameplay, but not trailer style, you can't really get a good look at the gameplay, I mean a demo would be nice
Yeah, I hope it's as fun as Sonic Adventure 2! Last time they did something like that where other characters were also playable throughout the main story, it was rushed, and the game looked like it was designed by the bathroom attendant!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You may be on to Something Cheezy. They have Smash reveals in each of the mini conferences of each game to maximize da hype.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta will definitely get a new trailer since both titles will get a Japanese summer release. Especially the former since it been months since we've had any news about it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Exactly a month to go. Or four weeks and two days if you wanna get exact

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'm predicting they reveal one newcomer right away, then maybe a few veterans, then later they introduce a surprise newcomer Wii Fit Trainer style.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm imagining something more along the lines of Brawl's E3 trailer where there was a barrage of newcomers revealed during a single segment. This will be the last major marketing push the game(s) will get (aka not including subsequent Directs), so it's probably safe to assume that most, if not all the cards will be on the table.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I'll make my own list—along with sources within the links—like everybody else has done. Without adding what I personally want them to show, here are some of the major Nintendo-exclusive titles we know that will and might appear at Nintendo's E3 event:

{Announced}
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo | Wii U, 3DS | Fighting | 2014)
Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo | Wii U | Action | 2014)
New title developed by Monolith Soft (Nintendo | Wii U | RPG | 2014)
Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo, Koei Tecmo | Wii U | Action | 2014)
Yarn Yoshi (Nintendo | Wii U | Platformer | TBA)
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo | Wii U | RPG | TBA)
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo, The Pokémon Company | 3DS | RPG | 2014)
Sonic Boom (Sega | Wii U, 3DS | Action-Adventure | TBA)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom | 3DS | Action-RPG | 2015)

{To Be Revealed}
Super Mario Untitled (Nintendo | N/A | Platformer | TBA)
The Legend of Zelda Untitled (Nintendo | Wii U | Action-Adventure | TBA)
Fatal Frame Untitled (Nintendo | Wii U | Survival Horror | TBA)
Pokkén Fighters & Pokkén Tournament (Nintendo | N/A | Fighting | TBA)
Bravely Second (Square Enix | 3DS | RPG | TBA)
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Atlus | 3DS | RPG | 2014)
Project S.T.E.A.M. (Nintendo | N/A | N/A | TBA)
"Advance" (Nintendo | N/A | N/A | TBA)
New title produced by Shigeru Miyamoto (Nintendo | N/A | N/A | 2014)
New title developed by Retro Studios (Nintendo | N/A | N/A | TBA)
New title developed by Human Head Studios (Nintendo | N/A | N/A | TBA)
New title developed by Next Level Games (N/A | N/A | N/A | TBA)

{Obligatory GIFs}

Morbi

Scavenger
I am probably the only person that cares only about Smash. I suppose I am interested in learning more about Zelda U as well, but other than that, Smash.

D

Deleted member

I am probably the only person that cares only about Smash. I suppose I am interested in learning more about Zelda U as well, but other than that, Smash.
Well it seems to be the big thing Nintendo wants to hype, probably for a good reason to.
Personally I'm excited for the Nintendo and Sony conferences, and whatever Valve is going to show if anything at all.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Here is my prediction on how the E3 Digital Event will go down:

First Section: Smash Bros.

Sakurai will come personally on stage and discus Smash. He will talk more in depth about the customized movesets of Smash, and what they entail. He will go on to talk about returning playable characters. He will announce Wario, Ness, and Falco and how they changed.

He will then talk about the connectivity between the Wii U and the 3DS versions of the games. He will then announce the release date of the 3DS version of Smash. He then shows a new trailer that includes the newly announced veterans and a newcomer, Miis. As Sakurai loves to do announcements in 2s, he also announces Pac-Man in a post ending cinematic.

Second Section: NFP

Nintendo talks about the NFP and what the figurine are, when, and what price. Nintendo announces a brand new game that heavily relies on these figurines. It is an adventure game in which you can play as multiple Nintendo characters.

Third Section: The Games

Nintendo discusses Hyrule Warriors and say that Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are all playable characters. They reveal a fall release date. They announce Ganondorf for Smash and his new moveset.

Nintendo announces a Rhythm Heaven Wii U.

Nintendo gives some details on Beyonetta 2.

They have a teaser trailer for a new Metroid game that is slated for Summer 2015.

Fourth Section: Zelda

Nintendo reveals a new Zelda game. It has gone back to a bit more gritty, slightly realistic tone like Twilight Princess. They annouce the release for holiday 2015.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
My "unlikely prediction" for E3:

Pacman
Mii
Ridley

If I'm right then I'm gonna pull a Sal Romano on you guys and try to make out that I have inside info.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
My "unlikely prediction" for E3:

Pacman
Mii
Ridley

If I'm right then I'm gonna pull a Sal Romano on you guys and try to make out that I have inside info.
If you want to pull a Sal Romano you've got to pick someone who doesn't have a very active support thread, and has gotten less than 15% on RTC... May I suggest Slime?

Also, it'd help to get the first guesses wrong, but then hand wave it and release another anyway saying that the characters you said are definitely still to come, honest!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Everyone keep in mind that Zelda U does not have anything to do with the Zelda that was made to showcase the Wii U's graphical capabilities.

They have stated that they don't even share the same engine. It's very likely that Zelda U won't look anything like that.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Everyone keep in mind that Zelda U does not have anything to do with the Zelda that was made to showcase the Wii U's graphical capabilities.

They have stated that they don't even share the same engine. It's very likely that Zelda U won't look anything like that.
We won't really know until we see it, they know we want a game that looks like that

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
We won't really know until we see it, they know we want a game that looks like that
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/06/zelda-wii-u-will-feature-a-unique-art-style/

"The thing about Zelda is we want everything to be unique, whether it’s the graphical presentation or the gameplay."

"It has to be something you can’t see anywhere else. We wouldn't want it to be ultra-realistic because you can see that elsewhere. But I can’t say that it’s going to be cartoony-realistic like you mentioned, the fantastic presentation that we've already done in the past. It will be something new."

Aonuma promises that Zelda U's artstyle will be "something new". Since we have already seen the demo, it is not new. Therefore, Zelda U's artstyle will not be the same as the demo's.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/06/zelda-wii-u-will-feature-a-unique-art-style/

"The thing about Zelda is we want everything to be unique, whether it’s the graphical presentation or the gameplay."

"It has to be something you can’t see anywhere else. We wouldn't want it to be ultra-realistic because you can see that elsewhere. But I can’t say that it’s going to be cartoony-realistic like you mentioned, the fantastic presentation that we've already done in the past. It will be something new."

Aonuma promises that Zelda U's artstyle will be "something new". Since we have already seen the demo, it is not new. Therefore, Zelda U's artstyle will not be the same as the demo's.
I wonder what they can do, they've done realistic, they've done cartoony, they've done something in the middle and even then the demo wasn't that realistic

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Okay, but if we don't get an epic Gohma boss battle like in the demo, I'm gonna be hella disappointed.

Top Bottom