• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Maybe they'll go Cubist or Surrealist?

I mean that would be unique, and they've already touched on artistic styles with LBW...

But seriously there aren't that many ways to be unique visually anymore, Ubiart have already gone the painting and fairy-tale book route, Okami did sumi-e... I don't know what's left that could actually work for a Zelda game...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I wonder what they can do, they've done realistic, they've done cartoony, they've done something in the middle and even then the demo wasn't that realistic
My personal hope is that they go for a colorful, painting-esque style like Katsuya Terada's Zelda art.

Tell me this wouldn't be the best looking Zelda game yet.

(And yes, this would be possible. It would be difficult, but very possible.)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Everyone keep in mind that Zelda U does not have anything to do with the Zelda that was made to showcase the Wii U's graphical capabilities.

They have stated that they don't even share the same engine. It's very likely that Zelda U won't look anything like that.
Oy, it's gonna be Spaceworld Demo vs Wind Waker all over again.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You know what would be very interesting? What if Zelda U was done in the Paperman animation style?

It's an innovative animation technique that combines hand-drawn techniques with modern animation.

(Warning: Technical)

This could be used to make a very beautiful and visually unique style...even when used with video games rather than movies/shorts. Imagine this method being used with the artstyle I showed above. It would be very, very cool.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Wow, that countdown timer. IT MOCKS ME.

MOCKS ME I TELL YOU.

Now that that's out of the way, E3!

If there's one thing I like, it's a lot of things! I'm sure that the Digital Presentation will start off with a bang by first having a higher up announce that the schedule for the performance will be split into categories. Reggie gives us another hammy one liner, and off we go

MARIO
• Galaxy 3
• A new RPG game
• Mariokart 8 DLC

ZELDA
• 2015 Zelda U
• A new Toon game (New Four Sword, perhaps?) 3DS, Early 2015
• Hyrule Warriors (demo on show floor) substantial new info, trailer, release window

MARIO SPIN-OFFS
• New sports game
• Idtaki Street U (I spelt that wrong didn't I)
• Yarn Yoshi is still alive. Trailer and release season
• Wario Land 3D or U

POKEMON
• Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire shown off, (demo?)
• Pokken Fighters/Tournament

OTHER SERIES
• Starfox U teaser trailer
• F-Zero U/3D teaser
• Metroid Prime 4 trailer and demo
• Retro's new project if none of these are it
• Miyamoto's new IP
• Nazo no Murasame Jo revival
• X gets official name, Shulk is an unlockable feature if not already a part, demo on show floor
• Monolith's new 3DS title

NINTENDO NFP
• Further explanation on details
• More of the figures shown
• Demonstration courtesy of Iwata or Reggie

3RD PARTY EXCLUSIVES OR CROSSOVERS
• Fatal Frame U
• Sonic Boom, demo and release, Shadow and other characters confirmed to non playable appearances
• Persona Q
• Dragon Quest games for 3DS and Wii U brought worldwide
• Kingdom Hearts 3 on Wii U?
• SMT x FE, demo on show floor
• Some indies, like A Hat in Time
• Bravely Second
• Bayonetta 2, demo and release date

SMASH BROS
• New Assist Trophy/General Disconfirmation massacre
• Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool trailer
• More info on the cross-platform functions
• Custom Movesets further

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's TV debut turned out to be the announcement equivalent of a ****tease so maybe an E3 appearance is more likely now.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll try to up your hype.

*ahem* The game will come out soon after E3 so there'll be a lot of announcements in 30 days time.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I agree; after about a month, I don't care anymore. Like with Mario Kart, I didn't give a **** for the longest time, I only really started caring when May started.
I get hyped when it's revealed/announced and when it's close to coming out, so that's why I was so hyped for this

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've cut some characters from my E3 prediction list. No, that doesn't mean I don't think they're possible anymore, it only means they're gonna be revealed when the game comes out and we have the players guide to tell. Here's my list.

Krystal
Shadow
Palutena
PacMan
Ridley
Paper Mario

Veteran fighters
Wario
Ness
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I've cut some characters from my E3 prediction list. No, that doesn't mean I don't think they're possible anymore, it only means they're gonna be revealed when the game comes out and we have the players guide to tell. Here's my list.

Krystal
Shadow
Palutena
PacMan
Ridley
Paper Mario

Veteran fighters
Wario
Ness
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Maybe
Yes

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
So pretty much everything but shadow is fine imo

Last edited:

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman

Krystal
Shadow
Palutena
PacMan
Ridley
Paper Mario

Veteran fighters
Wario
Ness
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
If it isn't possible, why is it a prediction list?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If you want to pull a Sal Romano you've got to pick someone who doesn't have a very active support thread, and has gotten less than 15% on RTC... May I suggest Slime?

Also, it'd help to get the first guesses wrong, but then hand wave it and release another anyway saying that the characters you said are definitely still to come, honest!
I should have been more vague so that I have a better chance of being right.

Change my predictions to:
"Namco guy"
"Metroid guy"
"Nintendo guy"

"A pokemon from pokemon"
"A Donkey Kong character"
"Kid Icarus gal"

Don't worry about those last 3, if they aren't revealed at E3 then they're still coming, honest!

D

Deleted member

"Namco guy"
"Metroid guy"
"Nintendo guy"

"A pokemon from pokemon"
"Kid Icarus gal"

Don't worry about those last 3, if they aren't revealed at E3 then they're still coming, honest!
I have my unlikely prediction
Ridley
Paletuna
Krookodile from DK
Namco rep
Guy with a sword from Fire Emblem
A Pokemon
Dude from that Nintedo game that I can't remember anything, but, that he/she has a face

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Ah, E3. The Christmas of gaming.
Games I am excited about other than SM4SH, is Sonic Boom, looks to be one of the best Sonic games in a long time, enjoyed Unleashed, Colours, Generations and Lost World, I'm sure I will enjoy Boom.

Another Zelda Wii U, could win E3 if done correctly. I am terribly hyped for this.

WWE 2K15 looks to be at E3. So hyped to see a trailer.

So overall, really hyped for E3! Not just for Nintendo but for other companies too.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ah yes less tahn a month away too E3

Best part is i may have prooved once and for all that the ridley shadow really was a troll

In 2 post i made in the ridley support thread

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ah yes less tahn a month away too E3

Best part is i may have prooved once and for all that the ridley shadow really was a troll

In 2 post i made in the ridley support thread
I think most people know that it's a troll. For some reason Ridley gets a lot of hate so it's mostly the "yoshi is cut" kind of people saying Ridley's been deconfirmed.

Not a Ridley fan here, but I more than think he deserves a slot.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think most people know that it's a troll. For some reason Ridley gets a lot of hate so it's mostly the "yoshi is cut" kind of people saying Ridley's been deconfirmed.

Not a Ridley fan here, but I more than think he deserves a slot.
Basically incompetent people assert that Ridley is deconfirmed; they are incompetent because they do not understand the notion of deconfirmation.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ah, E3. The Christmas of gaming.
Games I am excited about other than SM4SH, is Sonic Boom, looks to be one of the best Sonic games in a long time, enjoyed Unleashed, Colours, Generations and Lost World, I'm sure I will enjoy Boom.

Another Zelda Wii U, could win E3 if done correctly. I am terribly hyped for this.

WWE 2K15 looks to be at E3. So hyped to see a trailer.

So overall, really hyped for E3! Not just for Nintendo but for other companies too.
I am really excited at the prospect of a Pokemon game on Wii U. Other than that, Zelda U is going to be my most anticipated title if we aren't referring to Smash. I would hope to see a new Star Fox or F-Zero, but those don't seem entirely likely. But again; I am not even going to lie, I am mostly just looking forward to Smash. My sister is interested in Hyrule Warriors because she likes those beat-em-up games, but I don't really see the appeal. It just looks so lifeless, I could be wrong though.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Finals are gonna be over next week and then it's gonna be three weeks of hype for E3. Life is good.

I don't think Nintndo can afford a conservative E3. I can't comment what they're going to do. Keeping expectations low so I'll be happy no matter what.

Morbi

Scavenger
Finals are gonna be over next week and then it's gonna be three weeks of hype for E3. Life is good.

I don't think Nintndo can afford a conservative E3. I can't comment what they're going to do. Keeping expectations low so I'll be happy no matter what.
My Finals are already over; but those were my exact thoughts prior to this weekend.

I don't feel as though they are going to be conservative at all, I can't even keep my expectations low. I am just too excited for the future of Nintendo. We are finally heading in the right direction.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You know what would be very interesting? What if Zelda U was done in the Paperman animation style?

It's an innovative animation technique that combines hand-drawn techniques with modern animation.

(Warning: Technical)

This could be used to make a very beautiful and visually unique style...even when used with video games rather than movies/shorts. Imagine this method being used with the artstyle I showed above. It would be very, very cool.
This. I loved Paperman.. I just wish Pixar would get on the ball (har har) and incorporate this into a movie. A Zelda game would also be perfect for this, imagine an Okami-esque/Child of Light sort of thing.

"Namco guy"
"Metroid guy"
"Nintendo guy"

"A pokemon from pokemon"
"Kid Icarus gal"

Ah, so you're one of them Anti-Sals. :p

Personally, I'm stuck on the fence with this one.

We'll see what happens at E3.

My Finals are already over; but those were my exact thoughts prior to this weekend.

I don't feel as though they are going to be conservative at all, I can't even keep my expectations low. I am just too excited for the future of Nintendo. We are finally heading in the right direction.
What do you mean? The whole Skylanders thing? Just curious.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This. I loved Paperman.. I just wish Pixar would get on the ball (har har) and incorporate this into a movie. A Zelda game would also be perfect for this, imagine an Okami-esque/Child of Light sort of thing.
Actually, the creator of this has been tasked with expanding on this technique...considering that For the Birds was a test for Sully's fur, I imagine that means "figure out how we can make this viable for a movie".

Morbi

Scavenger

No; it is the beginning of the... beginning for Nintendo. The Wii U is going to start performing better, they are going to start developing quality IP without "Mario" and "Zelda" in the name, Mario and Zelda are going to up the ante as well. I suppose the Figures will have something to do with it, but I am more concerned about the effect that Mario Kart and Smash will have on Nintendo.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Actually, the creator of this has been tasked with expanding on this technique...considering that For the Birds was a test for Sully's fur, I imagine that means "figure out how we can make this viable for a movie".
Really now? That's great news.

You know what also would be great news? At E3, Nintendo shows off Hayao Miyazaki's REAL last project... Studio Ghibli's Legend of Zelda.

No; it is the beginning of the... beginning for Nintendo. The Wii U is going to start performing better, they are going to start developing quality IP without "Mario" and "Zelda" in the name, Mario and Zelda are going to up the ante as well. I suppose the Figures will have something to do with it, but I am more concerned about the effect that Mario Kart and Smash will have on Nintendo.
:)

Personally, I think we're closer to the day that Third-Parties will BEG Nintendo to let them make games for the Wii U. Also read as: I have high hopes for MK8 and SSB4.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

I wouldn't say I was anti-Sal. I'm leaning more towards it being fake for a number of reasons. It could be true, but something is really off about it. Especially the second part.

I was just lighly making fun of the ambiguousnous of his parts of his "leak".

Top Bottom