• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ridley is too king size to be an enjoyable cheeseburger.

Or something like that.

But either way, it'd be awesome if he does actually become playable. Him versus Charizard would be epic.
Well, don't worry, he is still very likely to be playable. ^^ E3 will most likely be the time to show it, whatever it will be.

So, anyone expect Retro to show a teaser to a new FPA Metroid?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I sure hope so, I've 100% the (BLOCKED) out of Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I'm still thinking that Dark Samus survived the end of Prime 3
Reminds me of once when the only thing I missed was to scan ONE single thing... ugh. Anyways, Dark Samus or not, I do Think Retro have been working on a Prime-like game for some time now. Plus all the hints about it, and them having a second big team.
So I hope the'll show it off, even if it's just a CGi teaser trailer~

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah. Let's all post Alfonzo this time! :3

Or that new Charizard Meme, whatever it was called.

Anyways. E3. It's so Close, yet so far away..
When E3 joins the battle, Alfonso is in charge of Announcing games. Alfonso: leave it to me!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
When Scoliosis Jones is on vacation, Alfonzo is in charge of being a moderator and ordering everyone to get back on topic about E3

Alfonzo: Get back on topic everybody!!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seriously, stop ruining my sticky with tired memes. I gots a responsibility here.

Three days until there's a month to go.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Seriously, stop ruining my sticky with tired memes. I gots a responsibility here.

Three days until there's a month to go.
It's not a meme yet officially. :troll:

Man, only 34 days? Time flies... I'm thinking about taking a net' break, and then time will REALLY fly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like disconfirmations are still happening. I wonder if E3 will be another massacre.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I bet next a Professor Layton Assist Trophy is going to be revealed next to upset me
Won't happen. Layton is wholly owned by Factor 5 so either he's a third party character or not in at all.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Dang... Nintendo took some heavy losses... I hope they knock it out of the park at E3!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The Gen 3 remakes probably won't be shown at E3 but I wonder if any other Pokemon related stuff will be.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
It seems like they are focusing more on adding characters from different series rather than adding more characters from the same series. Characters like Dixie Kong, Paper Mario, etc. seem unlikely to me because of this.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
It seems like they are focusing more on adding characters from different series rather than adding more characters from the same series. Characters like Dixie Kong, Paper Mario, etc. seem unlikely to me because of this.
Really? It seems like a healthy mix. Rosalina, Greninja, most likely Palutena, Chrom, possibly Ridley.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Really? It seems like a healthy mix. Rosalina, Greninja, most likely Palutena, Chrom, possibly Ridley.
Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Little Mac, Mega Man, and (possibly?) Chorus Kids, Pac-Man and Shulk, depending on if the Gematsu leak is true. They are all characters from separate series. So far the only same-series newcomers we've seen are from Mario and Pokemon, Nintendo's two most popular series.

I think Ridley is unlikely, but I'm not going to start another Ridley debate here.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Little Mac, Mega Man, and (possibly?) Chorus Kids, Pac-Man and Shulk, depending on if the Gematsu leak is true. They are all characters from separate series. So far the only same-series newcomers we've seen are from Mario and Pokemon, Nintendo's two most popular series.

I think Ridley is unlikely, but I'm not going to start another Ridley debate here.
Still doesn't seem like it's skewing too much one way or the other. But I will say that Sakurai will have to turn to unrepresented franchises more, now that the roster is filling up.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Still doesn't seem like it's skewing too much one way or the other. But I will say that Sakurai will have to turn to unrepresented franchises more, now that the roster is filling up.
I really want Shulk in there, but now that I've seen the leak, if Shulk gets in then Mii probably will too, unfortunately

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Looks like disconfirmations are still happening. I wonder if E3 will be another massacre.
I hope beyond hope that there's another massacre. We need an explosive deconfirm, like anything from the Gematsu/Sal Romano leak. Ohhhh, man. I am going to make sure I've got a ton of popcorn, 'cause this place will explode if that happens. It'll be glorious. The Tsar Bomba of deconfirms.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
33 days. Oh my. It feels like almost anything can happen at this point...
I hope beyond hope that there's another massacre. We need an explosive deconfirm, like anything from the Gematsu/Sal Romano leak. Ohhhh, man. I am going to make sure I've got a ton of popcorn, 'cause this place will explode if that happens. It'll be glorious. The Tsar Bomba of deconfirms.
I shouldn't be as excited as I am for that.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I tell you, Sakurai will give a trailer, put nothing but a couple veterans and maybe game mode reveals, master hand, then act like the trailer is ending, then all of a sudden the smash logo will appear, then he will see shadows of Roy and Ike and that kind of bull, then Chrom will appear (No Roy or Ike though) and we will all be happy, then we will go to best buy, and see other cool things in the demo, then we will have an announcement drought until the 3ds version comes out.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
oh? weird I actually do think that it helps paper mario's chance. Why? well, paper mario is a BRANCH of the main series so technically, paper mario is a different series despite it being based on super mario. The fact that Sakurai is ok to represent more series does help his chances. Also, it doesn't matter which series he would represent; his infinite potential and uniqueness would be the reason to add him either way it could be his own series but it doesn't matter.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The only thing I can predict, is the Smashboard servers will explode. Really the possiblities are so vast that I can't even begin to guess otherwise.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I still say we'll get a reveal per Direct Event, and given how likely it is that we're getting a Zelda Direct (new game and Hyrule Warriors.. though this could be reworked Ganondorf), Dragon Quest Direct (VII Remake and X in the west, XI in Japan), X Direct and Smash Direct, plus the main direct I'd say 5 is a decent number.

Add in the smaller possibilities (Mario Direct for new 3D mario game/3DS Screenshot_2014-05-07-18-12-04.png ? Bayonetta Direct (that probably wouldn't get a character though)? Fatal Frame Direct? Indie Direct?) and I can see there being a lot of Events and a lot of characters...

Outside of Smash I've gotta add another game to my wishlist for the E3 reveal: Trauma Centre Wii U... The rumour hit my grapevine and now I want it bad!
TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW !

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
The Gen 3 remakes probably won't be shown at E3 but I wonder if any other Pokemon related stuff will be.
I highly disagree with that. In fact, because the game is releasing in November, I predict we'll see quite a bit of coverage on it and a new Wii U Pokémon game.

Morbi

Scavenger
I highly disagree with that. In fact, because the game is releasing in November, I predict we'll see quite a bit of coverage on it and a new Wii U Pokémon game.
I agree with this sentiment, we will probably get a true trailer for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire along with an announcement of Pokemon Wii U.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I tell you, Sakurai will give a trailer, put nothing but a couple veterans and maybe game mode reveals, master hand, then act like the trailer is ending, then all of a sudden the smash logo will appear, then he will see shadows of Roy and Ike and that kind of bull, then Chrom will appear (No Roy or Ike though) and we will all be happy, then we will go to best buy, and see other cool things in the demo, then we will have an announcement drought until the 3ds version comes out.
Then the Roy and Ike mains will throw a chair out the window. I don't mind when Sakurai teases fans, but he shouldn't do it by making fans think he'll show a character they want. I love Greninja but felt like Sakurai was slapping me in the face when he made it look like Mewtwo.

Top Bottom