• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm still thrilled about Palutena to care about anyone else right now. Hell, even the Mii Fighters look slick. Like, I actually want to play them.
I agree; I am actually excited for Mii Fighters. I am just not too fond of their uncanny resemblance to other characters on the roster. For instance, the Sword Mii has Link's taunt for whatever reason. The Gunner Mii has Samus' d-tilt. It is just a little sad, but overall, they look great. I am going to make a few Miis in anticipation.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
today at 7:00pst the roundtable will start and will be streamed on twitch. there we will find out our veterens and perhaps one surprise newcomer.. reggie teased it with ign
That's three and a half hours from now, right?

Timezone johns for asking

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I agree; I am actually excited for Mii Fighters. I am just not too fond of their uncanny resemblance to other characters on the roster. For instance, the Sword Mii has Link's taunt for whatever reason. The Gunner Mii has Samus' d-tilt. It is just a little sad, but overall, they look great. I am going to make a few Miis in anticipation.
Who else is excited to play as Ice T?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So, how long is the invitational supposed to last? I'm guessing less than 3 hours, yes?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
That announcer is going to take some getting used to, but I'm loving the celebration of the original smash bros! Star KOs kinda lingering longer, screen doing some effect into results screen, and after getting results the music for that screen is a remix of 64's character select screen! Cute!
Also, the invitational is in 20 mins! Yipee!

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Sounds like the guy who was "narrating" at the match between that guy and Sakurai last E3.
I am actually quite fond of the new announcer, I am usually particular in regards to the announcer too. Maybe I did not hear him correctly, I was watching some game-play on the show floor which is really low-quality. Maybe during the invitational I can make a better evaluation.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if it turns out the Invitational turns into a Splatoon tournament.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
The narrator's going to take some warming up to, but he's not as bad as the Melee one.

Imagine if it turns out the Invitational turns into a Splatoon tournament.
Now THAT'S where I would get impatient.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Random thing I noticed in GameXplain's Smash Run footage:

Eggrobo from Sonic 3 & Knuckles is an enemy!

Also, I noticed Ghastly from Pokémon (I think?)

Morbi

Scavenger
only 19 minutes the hype is real (even without announcement this will be awesome).
Honestly, I was fairly disappointed with what Nintendo had to offer at E3; so the invitational is the only hype I have left. I am SUPER excited. This will hopefully make my day, with or without an announcement.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I just got on and saw Mii and Pauletina confirmed. I was expecting a couple of vets like Wario and Metaknight as well.

I work too much to post on here and work started tracking internet usage so I never get on the website at work.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
today at 7:00pst the roundtable will start and will be streamed on twitch. there we will find out our veterens and perhaps one surprise newcomer.. reggie teased it with ign
maybe 2 newcomers

im looking at quite a bit a veterans with 2 newcomers because of being twice as long as the direct.

(7:00pm pst to 8:30 pm pst) the direct was almost 45 minutes.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Honestly, I was fairly disappointed with what Nintendo had to offer at E3; so the invitational is the only hype I have left. I am SUPER excited. This will hopefully make my day, with or without an announcement.
Well, it was kinda annoying to have more questions than answers but let's just say it was ok for me. Just could've been better (talking about what was announced and what is left to announce).

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So who do you guys think it's going to be?

I think either Pacman or Chrom.
Call me delusional, but I think if it isn't Pac-Man, it is Ridley. I am still not sure they are announcing more newcomers today, tho.

Chrom would be so disappointing.

Last edited:

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
It almost has to tie in with the animation in palutenas reveal, i imagine a trailer will pick up where it left off.

Top Bottom