• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
But then everyone and their mothers want Ice Climbers remakes/sequels, just because SSB makes them relevant... e_e
To be fair I want the game because Co-Op puzzle games are great, like Way, Journey and Portal 2, and not because Smash revived them; but either wat we've already got Takamaru filling that niche on the list, and Marshall who's actually a sensible pick for Rhythm Heaven...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

New Reddit leak.

EDIT: And actually looking at it, I already see an awful photoshop job at the bottom. Well this post was pretty pointless. ah well, guess I'll just leave it here so people can see it, maybe get a laugh from it.

EDIT2: Might as well get this one out of the way too. Someone on Gamefaqs is claiming someone important from the tournament is leaking things. The quote
The second leak seems fake based on the notion that he leaks Ridley as a stage hazard. Objectively speaking, there is no reason to leak that as that is the presumed role of Ridley based on the information we have (thus making a "leak" pertaining to such an issue utterly irrelevant).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
EDIT2: Might as well get this one out of the way too. Someone on Gamefaqs is claiming someone important from the tournament is leaking things. The quote
Dixie Kong didn't make it in due to technical problems? Firstly, I doubt an E3 leaker would know that, that's developer information. Secondly, I call big time bull****, even if Dixie couldn't work like they might have intended (I can't imagine her being especially complex though) they could always have made her a Diddy semi-clone very easily, at least that's better than being an AT.

Other than that it plays it way too safe, relying heavily on the Gematsu leak. Not buying it.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
A new Mario Party that DOESN'T FOLLOW THE WII PARTY FORMULA would be nice. A Mario Party 5 Remake would be nice. (Super Duel Mode. IN HD. ALL THE EXPLOSIONS!!! >:D)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To be fair I want the game because Co-Op puzzle games are great, like Way, Journey and Portal 2, and not because Smash revived them; but either wat we've already got Takamaru filling that niche on the list, and Marshall who's actually a sensible pick for Rhythm Heaven...
Alright, fair enough.
If they remade it so that the mechanics don't feel too wonky, I'd buy it for sure. (But by today's standard, a 4-Player Ice Climbers, Balloon Fight, Urban Champion, etc is a must!)

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Alright, fair enough.
If they remade it so that the mechanics don't feel too wonky, I'd buy it for sure. (But by today's standard, a 4-Player Ice Climbers, Balloon Fight, Urban Champion, etc is a must!)
Balloon Fight would be great! But personally I'd prefer IC kept to 2-players and instead made a new game about co-operation and platforming puzzles... As for a remake, I'm happy with NES Remix personally, so I'd pass...

Anyways, I've been seeing alot of Dragon Quest on these fake leaks, which makes me happy, clearly I'm getting through, though only having one title when there are clearly two subtitles unaccounted for screams wrong to me...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dixie Kong didn't make it in due to technical problems? Firstly, I doubt an E3 leaker would know that, that's developer information. Secondly, I call big time bull****, even if Dixie couldn't work like they might have intended (I can't imagine her being especially complex though) they could always have made her a Diddy semi-clone very easily, at least that's better than being an AT.

Other than that it plays it way too safe, relying heavily on the Gematsu leak. Not buying it.
Technically problems would make sense for someone else, but how would it be for Dixie? Unless they again tried to get Dixie to work in a tag team, which I doubt they'd attempt again. AT I can buy, but not the excuse that they couldn't get Dixie to work due to "technical limitations," because as noted, how would they know this? That's something the developers would know not someone setting up booths at E3.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Considering the reception the game got for controls and Nintendo being known to have pristine controls in games, I doubt it's really getting an HD Remake
It's so crazy, it just might work!

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Considering the reception the game got for controls and Nintendo being known to have pristine controls in games, I doubt it's really getting an HD Remake
It was pretty popular back in the Gamecube days, I even remember it being one of the games in McDonalds' kiosks along with Luigi's Mansion and Magical Mirror Staring Mickey Mouse.

Last edited:

polonight

Smash Journeyman
I'll accept Shorus Men if it happens, and maybe Mii, because not everyone's the same as me, but to pull out low sellers like Chibi and Mike, or two newcomers off the back of one game... no, I would loose all faith in Smash 4!
Ummm... You do realize every smash game has had two franchises that have had two newcomers?
SSB - Mario & Pokemon
SSBM - Mario, Zelda, Pokemon & Fire Emblem
SSBB - Kirby & Pokemon

Juuuuuuuust sayin'

EDIT: Also if you include transformations as separate characters, like Sakuri, Zelda had two pairs in melee and Pokemon had two pairs in brawl...

EDIT 2: Also Brawl was planned to have 2 DK reps and 2 Zelda reps (Forbidden 7)

EDIT 3: Didn't know about Dixie being like Ice Climbers... Sowwy :3

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What is with this Sunshine hate? That game was awesome. IMO it was better than Mario 64. I would seriously consider buying a Wii U for Sunshine HD.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Ummm... You do realize every smash game has had two franchises that have had two newcomers?
SSB - Mario & Pokemon
SSBB - Kirby & Pokemon

Juuuuuuuust sayin'

EDIT: Also if you include transformations as separate characters, like Sakuri, Zelda had two pairs in melee and Pokemon had two pairs in brawl...
Franchises, yes, but not off the back of an individual game.

Robin and Chrom have both only appeared in 1 game (other than cameos), and it's the same game at that! Similarly, but not exactly the same, Hades is only from Uprising, and Palutena only gained her fighting abilities in that game meaning she would be representing that single games as well.

for SSB Mario and Pokémon had several games in which each character appeared (heck, pokémon started with two games off the bat, but then had Blue, Yellow, TCG and Stadium to come off the back of). FEs characters came from two different games in the series, pokémon had a tonne of spin-offs by then, Mario had more games too... This is however the fairest retort as Ganondorf and Sheik both came specifically from that game, though both had reasons beyond (Sheik was part of Zelda and Ganon had been in previous LoZ games... plus he was last minute). And In Brawl Kirby had loads of games too... Not one shared appearance.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Franchises, yes, but not off the back of an individual game.

Robin and Chrom have both only appeared in 1 game (other than cameos), and it's the same game at that! Similarly, but not exactly the same, Hades is only from Uprising, and Palutena only gained her fighting abilities in that game meaning she would be representing that single games as well.

for SSB Mario and Pokémon had several games in which each character appeared (heck, pokémon started with two games off the bat, but then had Blue, Yellow, TCG and Stadium to come off the back of). FEs characters came from two different games in the series, pokémon had a tonne of spin-offs by then, Mario had more games too... This is however the fairest retort as Ganondorf and Sheik both came specifically from that game, though both had reasons beyond (Sheik was part of Zelda and Ganon had been in previous LoZ games... plus he was last minute). And In Brawl Kirby had loads of games too... Not one shared appearance.
The only way it'd work is if they used Medusa instead of Hades. Medusa was the final boss of the original game. That could work.

I'd think DK and FE would get two new reps before KI, but who knows? I suppose its possible KI could get two new reps. Again, though, the second would probably be better off as being Medusa instead of Hades.

You're forgetting Roy as well, but its again based on the same thing; Roy was thrown it at the last second like Ganondorf, and hell, he was ORIGINALLY supposed to be Leif instead (who WAS in more than one game).

Also, you mention Sheik, but not Young Link. Young Link was in more games than adult/teen Link at the time of Melee (only game pre-OOT that adult/teen Link was in was Adventure of Link).

This actually looks sort of promising. Where is this from? And oooo, what's Mario Maker?
FAAAAAAKE...

Actually, I think that's one of the few legit leaks. Its Thursday... they're likely setting up E3 now. I doubt any of these text leaks have any validity to them whatsoever, though. Or is it even a "leak" at all but was purposely released?

Last edited:

Reila

This actually looks sort of promising. Where is this from? And oooo, what's Mario Maker?
Apparently it is a Little Big Planet-like game where the players create their own levels. The source, as usual, is 4chan.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Now it gets interesting! But why are there what seems to be multiple Smash Bros set-ups? I see Villager's artwork, Pikachu's artwork, and what looks like Kirby's artwork...

Reila

Now it gets interesting! But why are there what seems to be multiple Smash Bros set-ups? I see Villager's artwork, Pikachu's artwork, and what looks like Kirby's artwork...
Smash is too awesome to have only one stand like the other games.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Because they want as many people as possible to be able to play Smash Bros.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Apparently it is a Little Big Planet-like game where the players create their own levels. The source, as usual, is 4chan.
I mean, that would be pretty damn smart of Nintendo to release. ROM hacks of old school Mario games have been popular for decades, an official means of editing those levels could be very successful. This picture looks pretty legit to me, but I'm sure you guys will find a way to pick it apart.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
SSB - Mario & Pokemon
SSBB - Kirby & Pokemon

Juuuuuuuust sayin'

Going by that Pokemon should have 2 newcomers this game too.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't actually know much about that pic, but I saw it, and thought you people could dissect it. XD

So, do you people Think the Picture is real? And this, is this an actual leak, and not a shown pic, like that other in-construction Picture?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't actually know much about that pic, but I saw it, and thought you people could dissect it. XD

So, do you people Think the Picture is real? And this, is this an actual leak, and not a shown pic, like that other in-construction Picture?
This leak I actually believe. Faking this kind of thing is next-to-impossible. It doesn't really say much, though.

SSB - Mario & Pokemon
SSBB - Kirby & Pokemon

Juuuuuuuust sayin'

Not true, Brawl was planned to have 1 tag-team DK rep ala Ice Climbers. It wouldn't have been similar to a transforming character because they were teamed up.

Reila

I mean, that would be pretty damn smart of Nintendo to release. ROM hacks of old school Mario games have been popular for decades, an official means of editing those levels could be very successful. This picture looks pretty legit to me, but I'm sure you guys will find a way to pick it apart.
Yeah. To be honest, if it is legit, I am not sure why it took so long for Nintendo to make a LBP-ish game. I mean, the idea is amazing, the problem with LBP are the ****ing awful controls. This problem wouldn't be present in a Mario game. Get hype!

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well, they're supposed to have the 3DS and Wii U versions, so there should be at least two set-ups.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Mario maker ? Awesome. But why would it be so close from the smash bros stand ? I mzan wouldn't smash gets his own place ?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is real, it's obvious just by looking at it. But as usual, it tells us nothing new about Smash.
Yeah, this is obviously real. Unfortunately the "real" leaks tend not to say much (at least until the game is almost released :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom