• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
All you did was say "Well there is an Unlikely explanation for that." to everyone's counter-claims. Like graphical glitches and what not. You cannot even say I was right and you were wrong? Jeez.
You were right! What? Do you expect me to interrupt my most and say "Oh yeah by the way Gamerguy was right"? You weren't the only one right. The people who I would give some serious credit to sar aldera (i think that's his username) and the popo profile oic guy. They were the big players here. You just would reply to their posts and say say "Oh yeah! Debunked! How's it feel Con0rrrr!" You barely contributed you don't deserve the credit there. And those "Unlikely explanations" I brought up were serious arguments at the time. Of course looking back on it, now that we know it is fake, my arguments seem stupid. But im the midst of the whole thing they seemed like great arguments.

Playing devil's advocate? You can play devil's advocate without confirmation bias, you can play devil's advocate without being utterly rude, you can play devil's advocate with objective fact. You cannot; however, play devil's advocate by disregarding evidence that refutes your point, and you cannot play devil's advocate while asserting fallacy after fallacy. Were you not the one that urged people to look for evidence to prove the leak because a leak is fake until proven real? That notion seems very antithetical to a premise that you were pretending to adhere to. I asked you to provide me evidence of the leaks legitimacy on multiple occasions and you ignored me. After that, you attack another user and proclaim that he is incompetent (which is extremely ironic). Pathetic.
You're treating this like I was an ignornant person this entire time. I only got mad when Gamerguy called me out (which I think we've cleared up now) for absolutely no reason, and when people like you were trying to make anyone who gave the leak any credibility idiots. Which we were NOT. We were just trying to give good arguments to both sides until we could be 100% certain. I had never disregarded evidence that refutes my point. And if I did, it was a mistake. I did however continue looking for any credibility to and against the leak. If that's what you call "disregarding evidence", re-evaluate.

Knowing myself, I can promise you I had no confirmation bias in my posts. It didn't matter whether the leak was real or not. What's wrong with me defending a leak even if I don't care for it? You have to have people on both sides.

If this was a trial, without me and some other people, it'd be like a defendant with no lawyer and where the judge is biased against the defendant. People like me, gameboi, blue pikmin, and many more were giving it a fair case being the "lawyers" if you will of the leak. Without us, the ignorant prosecution (You, at some point gamerguy, but he's definently matured, and almost everyone else) would have just marked it out as fake immediately, while the "judge" in this situation (the judge would be the majority of people) will immediately mark out the leak with a small piece of evidence against a leak without even considering the evidence for it. That's why I would keep defending even if I knew it was fake, which I was leaning toward most definately after the font evidence was brought up.

I brought up the evidence many times and people ignored me, much like how you claim I ignored your requests to explain the evidence, which I did countless times without directly referencing/quoting you.

The pathetic one here is the one that is still holding this against me after the leak is said and done. This isn't even relevant to leaks, but I deserve a chance to defend myself against your baseless argument. Chill out. This is a leak we are discussing on a forum for a video game, not the biggest deal in the world. I've got more important stuff to do outside this forum than listen to this baseless bashing of me over a video game leak.

Morbi

Scavenger
You were right! What? Do you expect me to interrupt my most and say "Oh yeah by the way Gamerguy was right"? You weren't the only one right. The people who I would give some serious credit to sar aldera (i think that's his username) and the popo profile oic guy. They were the big players here. You just would reply to their posts and say say "Oh yeah! Debunked! How's it feel Con0rrrr!" You barely contributed you don't deserve the credit there. And those "Unlikely explanations" I brought up were serious arguments at the time. Of course looking back on it, now that we know it is fake, my arguments seem stupid. But im the midst of the whole thing they seemed like great arguments.

You're treating this like I was an ignornant person this entire time. I only got mad when Gamerguy called me out (which I think we've cleared up now) for absolutely no reason, and when people like you were trying to make anyone who gave the leak any credibility idiots. Which we were NOT. We were just trying to give good arguments to both sides until we could be 100% certain. I had never disregarded evidence that refutes my point. And if I did, it was a mistake. I did however continue looking for any credibility to and against the leak. If that's what you call "disregarding evidence", re-evaluate.

Knowing myself, I can promise you I had no confirmation bias in my posts. It didn't matter whether the leak was real or not. What's wrong with me defending a leak even if I don't care for it? You have to have people on both sides.

If this was a trial, without me and some other people, it'd be like a defendant with no lawyer and where the judge is biased against the defendant. People like me, gameboi, blue pikmin, and many more were giving it a fair case being the "lawyers" if you will of the leak. Without us, the ignorant prosecution (You, at some point gamerguy, but he's definently matured, and almost everyone else) would have just marked it out as fake immediately, while the "judge" in this situation (the judge would be the majority of people) will immediately mark out the leak with a small piece of evidence against a leak without even considering the evidence for it. That's why I would keep defending even if I knew it was fake, which I was leaning toward most definately after the font evidence was brought up.

I brought up the evidence many times and people ignored me, much like how you claim I ignored your requests to explain the evidence, which I did countless times without directly referencing/quoting you.

The pathetic one here is the one that is still holding this against me after the leak is said and done. This isn't even relevant to leaks, but I deserve a chance to defend myself against your baseless argument. Chill out. This is a leak we are discussing on a forum for a video game, not the biggest deal in the world. I've got more important stuff to do outside this forum than listen to this baseless bashing of me over a video game leak.
I apologize, I did not know you felt that way; however, I do respect you more for being honest about it.

Last edited:

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, I purposefully tried to make it more and more absurd. I could have left it alone with the first 2, and the horse would still be under a good beating.

I wouldn't rub the outcome in anyone's faces using 20/20 hindsight. It was all in good fun.

In an attempt to move past this to new discussion...

Who's excited for the list of Best Buy demo locations? I'll be at the Countryside, IL one myself.
Also, what's the word on that Reggie model? Seems pretty out there.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I'm happy to hear the roster leak is over with now.

Will be looking forward to how the demo roster will look. :)

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I apologize, I did not know you felt that way; however, I do respect you more for being honest about it.
It's all good man, no hard feelings. It's a video game forum after all, no reason to hate on eachother. Back to fake leaks ;)

Hahahahaha! :laugh: That's what I get for having an incomprehensible username.
Honestly I tried to go back and find your name, but once i saw it I just gave up XD

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

See? That's all I wanted to hear. I understand the reasons you defended the leak, and the reasons you brought up the counter-arguments. However you must admit you were smug at points and saying non-believers were dumb to write it off. You also mocked someone's character predictions, which in it's own right not nice.

Me, Morbid, and Hex were the prosecutors. And I'm wondering what would have happened if there were no people to argue against it. Would you be against it to? Or would you confirm it to be real, only to find out to be fake?

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
See? That's all I wanted to hear. I understand the reasons you defended the leak, and the reasons you brought up the counter-arguments. However you must admit you were smug at points and saying non-believers were dumb to write it off. You also mocked someone's character predictions, which in it's own right not nice.

Me, Morbid, and Hex were the prosecutors. And I'm wondering what would have happened if there were no people to argue against it. Would you be against it to? Or would you confirm it to be real, only to find out to be fake?
People like Popo guy would be bringing up great evidence as they did already to counter it. It would have been find without the pointless bashing. I lime how all you wanted to hear was that you were right, shows the maturity in this argument. It's all said and done now

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Honestly I tried to go back and find your name, but once i saw it I just gave up XD
Back in the Pre-Brawl days on Nsider, people just got in the habit of calling me "Hex." Man, those were the days, back when I just sat around my parent's house and made fake DOJO updates and Kirby hats all day. Hard to believe that was over 6 years ago. o_o

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
People like Popo guy would be bringing up great evidence as they did already to counter it. It would have been find without the pointless bashing. I lime how all you wanted to hear was that you were right, shows the maturity in this argument. It's all said and done now
The thing is that you contributed as much to the argument as I did. You said hypotheticals. I said hypotheticals. We argued theories and we got to a conclusion. That's all I mean.

Morbi

Scavenger
Please indicate where I asserted that I "wanted to hear that I was right," or anything to that effect, really.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Please indicate where I asserted that I "wanted to hear that I was right," or anything to that effect, really.
Not you, Gamerguy. He said "that's all I wanted to hear" after I said he was right. Me and you are all good now XD

You also mocked someone's character predictions, which in it's own right not nice.l
In my defense for bashing someone else's character predictions, it was only the person that kept bringing up that a third FE Rep HAS to be female. I simply told them to give up on that argument. As even though it's possible, there's no reason for a female FE rep over the likes of Chrom or someone else. Main point was that they were completely righting off the gematsu leak just because of no Female FE Rep. Which would have already been a pointless argument against the leak, as well as for the game in genera

Last edited:

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
I'm just glad Ugly isn't a thing.... I refuse to call that...THING....Ridley. Ugly is a much better name.
It was pretty funny to see Ridley supporters do a quick 180 on that. "Pleeeeease show Rid--...err nevermind. KILL IT WITH FIRE"

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
For that "new" ridley leak that's obviously fake. Only reasom I would want it to be real is just for Hyrule Temple returning. Me and my buds always play 4 person free for alls when we are playing casually instead of competitively. Hopefully that is on the 3DS version while the Palutena temple is on Wii U. Because out of my smash friends, only I have a Wii U and they all got 3DSs

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Not you, Gamerguy. He said "that's all I wanted to hear" after I said he was right. Me and you are all good now XD

In my defense for bashing someone else's character predictions, it was only the person that kept bringing up that a third FE Rep HAS to be female. I simply told them to give up on that argument. As even though it's possible, there's no reason for a female FE rep over the likes of Chrom or someone else. Main point was that they were completely righting off the gematsu leak just because of no Female FE Rep. Which would have already been a pointless argument against the leak, as well as for the game in genera
While that may be true. I still think saying that "Your logic, and your most wanted character is wrong." Is a bit harsh. I'm just glad that you understand that we were on equal footing when it came to the contribution of the thread. :)

Doesn't have the obligatory weird angle from leaks, FALSE!
I never understood why "leakers" have to get the blurriest, angled, unfocused screen shot. It is usually because they are all fake and need to hide the imperfections, but yeah.

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
While that may be true. I still think saying that "Your wrong, your logic, and your most wanted character is wrong." Is a bit harsh. I'm just glad that you understand that we were on equal footing when it came to the contribution of the thread. :)

I never understood why "leakers" have to get the blurriest, angled, unfocused screen shot. It is usually because they are all fake and need to hide the imperfections, but yeah.
Bro, don't try to prove the worth of your contributions. It comes across as really big-headed. (I would know. =P)

Usually they do offscreen to try to give it a sense of legitimacy, as a "leak" would more likely be an off-screen shot, rather than direct feed, since that usually requires a complicated setup of wires.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
For that "new" ridley leak that's obviously fake. Only reasom I would want it to be real is just for Hyrule Temple returning. Me and my buds always play 4 person free for alls when we are playing casually instead of competitively. Hopefully that is on the 3DS version while the Palutena temple is on Wii U. Because out of my smash friends, only I have a Wii U and they all got 3DSs
Its Real Sakurai told me when i was in his Pickup truck on the way to Mcdonalds.
He slipped this card into my back pocket when he dropped me at the airport...i only noticed when i got home.

downloadfile-9.png

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Its Real Sakurai told me when i was in his Pickup truck on the way to Mcdonalds.
That's irrefutable proof if I ever saw it. Let's just lock the thread now before people start crying all over their keyboards.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
While that may be true. I still think saying that "Your logic, and your most wanted character is wrong."
Just one more thing on this and I promise I'm done. But see I'm not gonna let my personal bias affect my ideas of leaks, especially ones as credible as the Gematsu leak.

See, my personal favorite for Sm4sh is Eshop Shopping Bag Dude

But I recognize he probably will not be in the game XD and I'm not denying the Gematsu leak because Eshop Dude isn't in his leak

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Anyone remember the "Dark Clouds" from brawl and how they showed the playable villains? That was good ol' times.

D

Deleted member

Just one more thing on this and I promise I'm done. But see I'm not gonna let my personal bias affect my ideas of leaks, especially ones as credible as the Gematsu leak.

See, my personal favorite for Sm4sh is Eshop Shopping Bag Dude

But I recognize he probably will not be in the game XD and I'm not denying the Gematsu leak because Eshop Dude isn't in his leak
I kinda want him too, maybe an Assist, but he would be someone as random as G&W

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I kinda want him too, maybe an Assist, but he would be someone as random as G&W
Right? He would attack with cash and Nintendo Cash Cards cards. He would grab by putting foes in his bag. And he would throw the little "bubble boxes" of downloadable titles at people. Free advertising. Great character. But this is not the place to discuss his greatness XD

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I didn't know this thread existed until after the CSS thing happened. Is the thread ALWAYS this self-amused between leaks? =P

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
To be fair, I purposefully tried to make it more and more absurd. I could have left it alone with the first 2, and the horse would still be under a good beating.

I wouldn't rub the outcome in anyone's faces using 20/20 hindsight. It was all in good fun.

In an attempt to move past this to new discussion...

Who's excited for the list of Best Buy demo locations? I'll be at the Countryside, IL one myself.
Also, what's the word on that Reggie model? Seems pretty out there.
I hear ya man! After the announcement of the demo locations today, me and some buddies drove up to the best buy that we'll be playing at to chat with the employees and just tell them how psyched we are. They recognize now how HUGE of fans of Smash we are, and agreed to give us some priority in lines

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
http://i.imgur.com/ZWX1qZa.png

In case anyone was wondering who was behind each lock in my CSS. How close was your own guess?
Not sure about the order but its mostly right put pacman after megaman and owe....no....we went Gematsu with it tbh although Issac would be sweet.

We went Gematsu plus K.Rool, Ridley & Mewtwo / All Brawl Vets return except Squirtle, Ivysaur & Snake.

eIwqlEN.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom