• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yes! I know Sakurai and his wife will not disappoint. The "My Music" menu is really beautiful and clean looking in particular. Can't wait.
Bro, I have to ask: Have you been lurking around here through the whole debunking process? =P

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yes! I know Sakurai and his wife will not disappoint. The "My Music" menu is really beautiful and clean looking in particular. Can't wait.
I hope he switches it up and puts the character viewer in the 4 corners. He will then put a column of characters in the center.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
Bro, I have to ask: Have you been lurking around here through the whole debunking process? =P
Yes. It was a really cool experience I can't describe in words. I was right there with you all on the emotional roller coaster. People were finding arguments for *both sides* I never would have dreamed of.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. Here's my original post on GFAQs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69313885
Now I from what I gather fakes are against the rules here, so I understand if I'm not immediately welcome, but I wanted to sign up here and say a few things.
Just like in the post there I hope ya'll had fun with this... that was really my biggest intent. Kudos to Hextupley for figuring out the fonts. :)
Please please do not be in denial any longer. I am indeed the creator of every picture (I know of) involving this leak (except the Pac-Man one).
Here are the original 2 photos, unblurred. If you match them up they will match up perfectly.

http://i.imgur.com/e4DqifW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/e6xXBpX.jpg

I find it fascinating how I can be in a "boy who cries wolf" scenario after so much proof, but if you're still in denial the burden of proof is now with you.

Anyhoo, I like what I see of this community and I hope to be a productive member of it. Here's looking forward to a great E3!
Thanks for coming clean, CapnMuffin. I was one of the remaining people who still wasn't totally convinced that it was fake (and indeed, I couldn't shake the feeling that it might be real), but I'm glad to now know for sure.

I know that I had a great time trying to figure out whether the leak could be real or if it was fake (and I'm sure plenty of others had fun too, although some people did seem to become very agitated about the whole thing, but oh well). It was certainly an interesting and exciting way to spend the better part of two evenings. Anyway, welcome to Smashboards.

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yes. It was a really cool experience I can't describe in words. I was right there with you all on the emotional roller coaster. People were finding arguments for *both sides* I never would have dreamed of.
Haha, fun times. Well, again, kudos to fooling so many people. If you ever do something else I'll meet you on the field of battle once again. XP

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
So we are all praising the Devil now?
Lol, if you see it that way. I did my fair share of hoaxes during the wait for Brawl, and I know how much effort it takes, so I think it warrants some degree of admiration.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
@ CapnMuffin CapnMuffin I have two questions:

1. Where did the lock idea come from?
2. What made you go for the "Namco-like" character boxes?
I was reshaping some generic locks when I thought it needed a unique touch to give it some creativity-cred, so to speak.
Honestly I'm not familiar with Namco fighters, it was just a personal choice with a happy coincidence. Strange huh?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Now we need Sal to step up and admit he never had inside info.

*activates flame shield*.

Hong

The Strongest
When people have created more convincing and higher quality images, how can anyone seriously have given it any credence? Haven't you been duped enough since the days of Brawl to have not developed any amount of critical thinking?

Morbi

Scavenger
I am surprised that people believe @ CapnMuffin CapnMuffin , after all of the denial and confirmation bias, would it not be so easy to blatantly disregard one more notion? I am so very grateful that you came forward, I actually had to leave Smashboards for about two days because I could not handle the utter incompetence. You were able to deceive 90% of the community. That is a scary thought (not really, they are so very gullible).

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So we will find out something new in a few days if what the twit says is true ? Couldn't it be just a new design for the website ? Why would it necessarily be a new character ?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I'll admit that I believed it, probably at least partly out of wishful thinking seeing as that roster looked very much like a best case scenario (Gematsu leak + Ridley, K. Rool, & Mewtwo). It's nice that CapnMuffin came forward and admitted it was fake. I'm not sure whether this makes me more or less hopeful for the real roster.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. Here's my original post on GFAQs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69313885
Now I from what I gather fakes are against the rules here, so I understand if I'm not immediately welcome, but I wanted to sign up here and say a few things.
Just like in the post there I hope ya'll had fun with this... that was really my biggest intent. Kudos to Hextupley for figuring out the fonts. :)
Please please do not be in denial any longer. I am indeed the creator of every picture (I know of) involving this leak (except the Pac-Man one).
Here are the original 2 photos, unblurred. If you match them up they will match up perfectly.

http://i.imgur.com/e4DqifW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/e6xXBpX.jpg

I find it fascinating how I can be in a "boy who cries wolf" scenario after so much proof, but if you're still in denial the burden of proof is now with you.

Anyhoo, I like what I see of this community and I hope to be a productive member of it. Here's looking forward to a great E3!
So you created the whole thing? Wow.... amazing.

Hong

The Strongest
I am surprised that people believe @ CapnMuffin CapnMuffin , after all of the denial and confirmation bias, would it not be so easy to blatantly disregard one more notion? I am so very grateful that you came forward, I actually had to leave Smashboards for about two days because I could not handle the utter incompetence. You were able to deceive 90% of the community. That is a scary thought (not really, they are so very gullible).
Ridley in the clouds.

Morbi

Scavenger
So we will find out something new in a few days if what the twit says is true ? Couldn't it be just a new design for the website ? Why would it necessarily be a new character ?
Ah, I see. When you said "twit" I thought you were alluding to the individual as a twit. I assume that it would merely be a new design for the website, I do not see how they would have the capacity to reveal a character as they are not the ones developing the game.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

So I was right that there was only 2 leakers! YES!

In Yo Face Con0rr!
Grade A show of maturity here by your man Gamerguy.

I didn't believe it much after the font thing. Interesting thing about this guy is that "Free for all" is even worse quality than even the original 2. Which makes me convinced the 7th pic and this guys is fake as he hasn't presented any proof he made the first pics.

That's just me digressing. I barely beliebe the first two pics now anyway, but this guy claiming he made them is BSing.

That being said, this leak real or not, I'm 99% percent sure our roster is All Brawl Veterans + Already announced newcomers + gematsu leak + ridley + mewtwo + anymore surprises.

Seriously though gamerguy, grow a pair. It's a fake leak for a video game.

Edit: WOOPS. Got ahead of myself. Now I know for sure the first two are fake. Great fake dude. Best CSS fake I've seen by far

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

I didn't believe it much after the font thing. Interesting thing about this guy is that "Free for all" is even worse quality than even the original 2. Which makes me convinced the 7th pic and this guys is fake as he hasn't presented any proof he made the first pics.

That's just me digressing. I barely beliebe the first two pics now anyway, but this guy claiming he made them is BSing.

That being said, this leak real or not, I'm 99% percent sure our roster is All Brawl Veterans + Already announced newcomers + gematsu leak + ridley + mewtwo + anymore surprises.

Edit: WOOPS. Got ahead of myself. Now I know for sure the first two are fake. Great fake dude. Best CSS fake I've seen by far
You kept saying I was dumb and had baseless points the whole time we were discussing.... :(

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

I was waiting for the moment that you would finally realize that the leak was fake. It was glorious.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
You kept saying I was dumb and had baseless points the whole time we were discussing.... :(
Well that's cause you did. Now that it's fake barely justifies your points either, besides Font, none of the points had any basis towards debunking it or not, then you would keep bragging about how that idea debunks the leak.

All this aside now though. I'm pretty happy it's debunked! No need to try and play devil's advocate for both sides now! Really though CapnMuffin, I'm really impressed. You managed to make a CSS leak that was believable and seemed probable!

I was waiting for the moment that you would finally realize that the leak was fake. It was glorious.
? Yeah you're obsessing a lot over "HAHA I KNEW IT WAS FAKE YOU IDIOTS BELIEVED IT ARENT I THE GREATEST". How about you chill out. It's Smash leaks bro. I had thought it was probably fake over a day ago.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I wouldn't be so quick to judge. The leak didn't even last twenty-four hours before it was debunked. Considering we're all on the edge of our seats waiting for E3, any kind of information is worth looking into. Yeah, some of us are more gullible than others, but we didn't need the guy who made the fake leak to show up and tell us it's fake. We'd already debunked it, most of us had already moved on, and E3 would've pretty much put the leak in the rubbish bin with all the other debunked fake leaks even if we somehow hadn't.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well if you wanna make a convincing leak ''25 Guests''' make sure to add Ridley but dont show him.

Learn from Sakurai master troll leakers.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Well that's cause you did. Now that it's fake barely justifies your points either, besides Font, none of the points had any basis towards debunking it or not, then you would keep bragging about how that idea debunks the leak.

All this aside now though. I'm pretty happy it's debunked! No need to try and play devil's advocate for both sides now! Really though CapnMuffin, I'm really impressed. You managed to make a CSS leak that was believable and seemed probable!

? Yeah you're obsessing a lot over "HAHA I KNEW IT WAS FAKE YOU IDIOTS BELIEVED IT ARENT I THE GREATEST". How about you chill out. It's Smash leaks bro. I had thought it was probably fake over a day ago.
All you did was say "Well there is an Unlikely explanation for that." to everyone's counter-claims. Like graphical glitches and what not. You cannot even say I was right and you were wrong? Jeez.

The only reason you keep saying "I totes thought it was fake the whole time." is so you win or lose no matter the outcome.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Playing devil's advocate? You can play devil's advocate without confirmation bias, you can play devil's advocate without being utterly rude, you can play devil's advocate with objective fact. You cannot; however, play devil's advocate by disregarding evidence that refutes your point, and you cannot play devil's advocate while asserting fallacy after fallacy. Were you not the one that urged people to look for evidence to prove the leak because a leak is fake until proven real? That notion seems very antithetical to a premise that you were pretending to adhere to. I asked you to provide me evidence of the leaks legitimacy on multiple occasions and you ignored me. After that, you attack another user and proclaim that he is incompetent (which is extremely ironic). Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom