• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
There's bias on my end in it being K. Rool instead of Dixie or Cranky, but I believe it objectively makes more sense for Olimar to be next to another GameCube-debuting solo character, rather than sandwiched in between two series with multiple characters as the exception to the rule that series decrease in representation left-to-right (with Yoshi and Wario as understandable exceptions). If the order went, say, DK - Diddy - Space - Villager, I'd put him up there in a heartbeat, but that's not what looks to be in the cards.
But that's only your opinion, you see. You're just guessing based off what you believe to be correct, when in reality, the information we have is minimal at best.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. The problem with this new leak is that the OP is outright claiming to not be the original leaker, but "the one who egged him on to do it". This doesn't allow us to come to any conclusion about the legitimacy of the previous leaks, since we already know that this person is not the original leaker.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That Ridley must be fake it's hideous! As for tonight's pic, imagine this: pic of the day: is the leaker tied up in front of this character select screen: we had a rat problem that delayed the game but don't worry I'm about to take care of him. we see a gun Aimed at him. Then he says: snitches get stitches!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ugh. The problem with this new leak is that the OP is outright claiming to not be the original leaker, but "the one who egged him on to do it". This doesn't allow us to come to any conclusion about the legitimacy of the previous leaks, since we already know that this person is not the original leaker.
Can we check the IP? might be useful.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
It also creates the possibility that this person faked the previous images to go along with this. The question is, why not start with this one?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I think the IP thing is the one major thing that hasn't really been settled. If anyone that is lurking on this thread can confirm whether or not the 6th pic truly originated from the same IP address as the original 2 pics, please post and let us know.
Considering you can't take an IP form 4chan. It's not true

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Good heavens, that's one ugly Ridley. I don't think Ridley has EVER looked anything like that.... I'm inclined to believe it's fake, but it doesn't affect the legitimacy of the first 2 pictures that were shown.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yeah, I haven't been keeping up with the thread, so sorry for being redundant. =P But it looks like both of us my be poking holds in the wrong bucket, since it seems that image that we analyzed is suspected to be faked. So the first 2 images could be real, and the image we looked at could be a fake based off of it.

I'm still skeptical, but I can't say with confidence that the first 2 images are fake.
Hey smart guy. Is it possible to turn one of the previous screens into this new one via Photoshop? I mean, would you have to have the original Raw screen to get this shot?

Neo Zero

Guys

This was posted in the thread in the comments section by another user it seems.

EDIT: Scrolling down further, its said to be a fake from Reddit. Carry on.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I dunno. Having looked at the Ridley model over and over now, Nightmare Ridley might well be modeled after the NES Metroid Ridley. I mean, seriously.. it seems like something Sakurai would do out of spite.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go ahead and say that this newest leak is fake. Not even for any logical reason, (although the super blurry pictures is a bit over-the-top) but just because Ridley has literally never looked like that, and I doubt that Smash would screw him up that badly. Also, the wording of the OP is a bit suspect and brings to mind the whole "my uncle is a janitor at Nintendo" type of thing.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Guys

This was posted in the thread in the comments section by another user it seems.
The guy admitted it was fake, he was just trying to prove a point of how easy it could be to make a fake roster.

Conveniently ignoring that he already had 90% of the work done for him...

Also, someone find that Ridley pic fake please. That looks so hideous :p

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
The 1st player has selected Marth, just like in the first few pics, and the 1P cursor is in the EXACT SAME SPOT as it was in the original pictures. Evidence that it's fake.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
We need to ask this question:

Would the guy who made the recent Ridley leak would need to have the original raw TV screen/image file? Because if so, then we can confirm it to be fake.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
But that's only your opinion, you see. You're just guessing based off what you believe to be correct, when in reality, the information we have is minimal at best.
In that case, explain why it makes sense for Olimar to randomly be plopped in between DK and Kirby despite having no obvious connection to either series (the Miyamoto one already got shot down with the Zelda characters). I'm open to hearing them out, but just stating 'it's an opinion' doesn't excuse flaws in said opinion.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The funny thing is, we're all assuming that the Gematsu Leak is right. Sure, it lines up, but.. what if the Gematsu Leak is wrong? Imagine that tonight's PotD confirms a Chorus Men Assist Trophy. All of those locked character slots are completely up in the air. JUST IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES.

I've been wanting this for months.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
We need to ask this question:

Would the guy who made the recent Ridley leak would need to have the original raw TV screen/image file? Because if so, then we can confirm it to be fake.
The 1st player has selected Marth, just like in the first few pics, and the 1P cursor is in the EXACT SAME SPOT as it was in the original pictures. Evidence that it's fake.

Neo Zero

In that case, explain why it makes sense for Olimar to randomly be plopped in between DK and Kirby despite having no obvious connection to either series (the Miyamoto one already got shot down with the Zelda characters). I'm open to hearing them out, but just stating 'it's an opinion' doesn't excuse flaws in said opinion.
I always viewed Pikmin being in Kirby's column in Brawl as the cute column. Perhaps you could put them together in the row like this on the same basis, grouping the cute characters together.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Also, the player 2 character slot (at the bottom of the screen to the left of the two level 3 CPUs) is slanted at a different angle. Not even well-done.

EDIT: actually, the whole image seems to be slanted in weird and inconsistent ways.

Last edited:

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
So...I like how before with the Ridley tease picture of showing only the "Y" at the end, people were saying, "I'm not believing that picture until I see the artwork for Ridley, and if it's original and never before seen, then I'll believe it."

Now we see this atrocious looking Ridley, but I definitely don't recall seeing any artwork like that for him, and now people are saying, "That's a fake, he can't look like that."

Not saying I believe it's true, I just find it funny.

Neo Zero

Also, the player 2 character slot (at the bottom of the screen to the left of the two level 3 CPUs) is slanted at a different angle. Not even well-done.
But theres a weird sort of dip in the middle of the screen. Could that be reason for the angle to be created?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
But then this confirms another thing. The guy who posted pictures 1 and 2 also posted pictures 3 and 4. Because the Ridley nameplate is 1 pixel higher confirming this.

Neo Zero

But then this confirms another thing. The guy who posted pictures 1 and 2 also posted pictures 3 and 4. Because the Ridley nameplate is 1 pixel higher confirming this.
No, the guy flat out says he isn't the original leaker.

Shroob

Sup?
But just that, it's my opinion. There are a LOT of empty spots in this roster, so, despite what you believe, we have no proof that there won't be single characters mashed between multiple ones. We have no defining proof that there will be a 3rd DK rep or Mewtwo for that matter, all we have is speculation and how 'likely' a character can be, which isn't worth much. The majority of us thought T.Link/Ike/Lucario were all cut, but look how silly we look now.

I'm just saying, just because we think we're right, doesn't mean we are. Just because a character has a lot going for them, doesn't mean they're secured. Mewtwo is also possible of not coming back, mind you, so it wouldn't have to be K.Rool being excluded. All we have for Mewtwo despite Gamefreak's obvious pushing of the character is Sakurai's coy statement, and with 5 Pokemon already confirmed more or less, I find the possibility of 6 a bit stretching.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
No, this does not confirm that the guy who posted pics 1 and 2 also posted pics 3 and 4.

EDIT: Greninja'd

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Hey smart guy. Is it possible to turn one of the previous screens into this new one via Photoshop? I mean, would you have to have the original Raw screen to get this shot?
Yeah, I think it's possible, but it'd be a little tricky. The ridley pic has a lot of motion blur, so they could be using that to mask the fact that there are some inconsistencies that arose when trying to composite 2 different images.

It'd certainly be easier if there's some straight-on source image that all these people are using to create various fakes.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
No, the guy flat out says he isn't the original leaker.
But he said that he got the pictures from the original guy. That doesn't change much.

Pics 1 and 2 show the red hockey puck on Marth. Pic 3 showed Ridley being selected by player 2.

This new 7th picture shows both of those elements, including Ridley's name plate being one pixel higher.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
However we have to assume the last pic is fake, because he said that you unlock Ridley by beating the tourny mode. Which means that poster has to be the same one who posted pics 3 and 4.
That most definently does not mean he was the same person that posted 3 and 4. He's just saying how you unlock Ridley. He's posting this a while after each other. He may not have even known the fakes exist.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Well, the person did say this was one of the pics taken in the original batch, yeah? So it stands to reason that the character selections will still be in the same spot.

This seems, in all likelihood, to be fake. The picture just looks off. But then again the least likely ones sometimes having a way of defying reason to become true.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But just that, it's my opinion. There are a LOT of empty spots in this roster, so, despite what you believe, we have no proof that there won't be single characters mashed between multiple ones. We have no defining proof that there will be a 3rd DK rep or Mewtwo for that matter, all we have is speculation and how 'likely' a character can be, which isn't worth much. The majority of us thought T.Link/Ike/Lucario were all cut, but look how silly we look now.

I'm just saying, just because we think we're right, doesn't mean we are. Just because a character has a lot going for them, doesn't mean they're secured. Mewtwo is also possible of not coming back, mind you, so it wouldn't have to be K.Rool being excluded. All we have for Mewtwo despite Gamefreak's obvious pushing of the character is Sakurai's coy statement, and with 5 Pokemon already confirmed more or less, I find the possibility of 6 a bit stretching.
Pokemon had 6 reps in brawl(almost 7) having 6 in this isn't a stretch at all.

Neo Zero

Yeah, I think it's possible, but it'd be a little tricky. The ridley pic has a lot of motion blur, so they could be using that to mask the fact that there are some inconsistencies that arose when trying to composite 2 different images.

It'd certainly be easier if there's some straight-on source image that all these people are using to create various fakes.
Hex, earlier you did that thing concerning the circle on player 2 slot. Considering this image is likely from the maker of image 3, could you check to see if your previous findings are still true for this new image?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom