• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
But when typing up the fake, why change fonts? Makes no sense.
Because he made a mistake, people make plenty of those. Why do people make mistakes when drawing art? Because we are human.

Not just that, but the person took a lot of time to make this "leak". This possibly took hours to make, even days, so there is bound to be some unintentional mistakes in it.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
There's this amazing invention called the internet, it allows you to send pictures to other people via a series of tubes...

But less sarcastically they do not have to be the same people, just have the same raw image, and it's not uncommon for people to send hoax images to friends as proof that they started it.
True. We do know that the "Tourney" and "Public" rosters were taken on different screens. But that's just as easily explained as 2 demos running on different screens as it is two different people messing with the roster.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
True. We do know that the "Tourney" and "Public" rosters were taken on different screens. But that's just as easily explained as 2 demos running on different screens as it is two different people messing with the roster.
I'm not denying that both are possibilities, but you made it out like it was proof that it must be real, or at least only one faker who made an extremely unusual mistake... this is not the case.

At this point the first two images are fully disputable and no conclusive evidence has been found to support or debunk it. Each bit of compelling evidence has been read both ways, and your thought has been used previously as an argument for it's fakery.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
im basically at this point ignoring the other images besides the first two until they are debunked, i dont recall during the first set of images put up that the person posting said there was two versions of the demo so maybe that was just said to mess with people. at this point im still just looking at the first two to find anything wrong

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Look, that's what I meant. It's one of the pics proven fake, posted by the leaker (proof ; the guy answering show that the one who posted it is Op, also known as the leaker).
He posted a pic with different C fonts. Thus we can say that pics 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 were posted by the same guy.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

Look, that's what I meant. It's one of the pics proven fake, posted by the leaker (proof ; the guy answering show that the one who posted it is Op, also known as the leaker).
He posted a pic with different C fonts.
but there is no proof that the guy posing that pic was the same one posting the first two there is no trip number in that post

D

Deleted member

wow this is really funny :rotfl:

plrichard

Smash Cadet

We know this happened, doesn't mean it's 100% the same guy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The different-looking 'c' in Little Mac could just be a product of his name being more or less scrunched up in comparison to the other 'c' character names.

plrichard

Smash Cadet
It marked "OP", Original Poster, the one who started the thread by posting the roster leaks.
It's the same guy.
I know what OP means. I also know how 4chan looks and that this was a completely new thread, therefore of course the first poster would be labelled OP.

Shroob

Sup?
The different-looking 'c' in Little Mac could just be a product of his name being more or less scrunched up in comparison to the other 'c' character names.
What's your opinion on this Kupa? Considering you're arguably the biggest K.Rool supporter on this site, do you think that the 3rd spot in the 'DK line' would be K.Rool?

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Something to note:

There being 2 different versions was not mentioned until the later pictures were posted (possibly by a separate person). If they were posted by separate people, then there may not even be 2 different demo versions at all.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
No guys, clearly there is a custom font option within Smash 4.
wat? nope Found all the fonts or at least real similar ones... Logo is Minion Pro, NOT TIMES NEW ROMAN! Menu Font is Crique Grotesk... and I forgot the character name font but I have like a million or so fonts (literally) but I know I got it from http://www.myfonts.com

actually no that's not the Menu font... I thought it looked a little BETTER so I'm using that one now... it's close though... I ACTUALLY PAST THE REAL ONE! But Crique is similar yet better to me. The "G" is a bit dif... actually... it could still be it just thinned a bit... There are a few fonts that look like it actually...

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
There just one thing that doesn't work with the first 2 pictures theory.

Can we agree that on all pictures, it was the same CSS? I mean the base like the locks and the general aspect of it. So, if this theory is true, another person had to take the picture and edit it to then upload in 75 minutes. I guess it's possible but look at the first 2 pic then, look at the third one how could you edit the first 2 to a completly different angle and add some details like this in photoshop? If the first 2 are indeed legit then tell me how a person could've edited the first 2 images.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
It marked "OP", Original Poster, the one who started the thread by posting the roster leaks.
It's the same guy.
the first thread got 404's this was a thread that came up sometime later, you can see the first post in the thread and it only has one of the later pictures attached, it could very well be someone besides the original poster

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
There are so many pros that outweigh the cons that make this almost obviously legit. Especially when all the cons can be easily explained. Everything from the impeccable graphics of the top left of the screen, to the triangles in the corner of character boxes which match a Namco fighting game trademark, to the menu > submenu layout.

Missing game modes? It's a demo version.
Offset pixel? Optical illusion pointed out earlier in thread.
Different font Cs? Sonic trademark

The only weird thing is the unlockable Ridley thing. Maybe though, after the invitational tournament, the winner will get to play one of the Nintendo reps (or Sakurai) after a Ridley reveal trailer.

plrichard

Smash Cadet

People did this pretty fast, I'm not well versed in photoshop but I would imagine you could change the angles around

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
They were separate threads.
I know what OP means. I also know how 4chan looks and that this was a completely new thread, therefore of course the first poster would be labelled OP.
The guy posting the pic was answering at least 4 different people. Implying the thread was already on. It was not the first post. And even if it was, it must have been indicated on the previous thread that he would post new pics on this thread to make sure people would come. Plus it doesn't seem like a roster easy to modify with photoshop in such a short time, he prepared it before.

Edit; yeah was a new thread, still there are some dark points.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

People did this pretty fast, I'm not well versed in photoshop but I would imagine you could change the angles around
The only way to change the angle would be to skew the picture, which would make something this pixelated 100x more pixelated. The most you could do is rotate the image, like what the 5th picture guy did to the 4th picture.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The only way to change the angle would be to skew the picture, which would make something this pixelated 100x more pixelated. The most you could do is rotate the image, like what the 5th picture guy did to the 4th picture.
Well there is more pixelation on the third pic but not as much as you claim so, my question is COULD someone fake them?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Lol why would Olimar randomly be there. IF this thing was legit, I'm guessing:

Mewtwo where Olimar is.
Ness/Lucas move left 1 slot each, Olimar goes where Lucas was (no Chrom). Mii goes where Shulk is and Shulk (or some other character) goes where Mii is.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
The guy posting the pic was answering at least 4 different people. Implying the thread was already on. It was not the first post. And even if it was, it must have been indicated on the previous thread that he would post new pics on this thread to make sure people would come. Plus it doesn't seem like a roster easy to modify with photoshop in such a short time, he prepared it before.

he had over an hour to mess with the first two pictures which is enough time for someone who uses ps enough to do those changes

Shroob

Sup?
Lol why would Olimar randomly be there. IF this thing was legit, I'm guessing:

Mewtwo where Olimar is.
Ness/Lucas move left 1 slot each, Olimar goes where Lucas was (no Chrom). Mii goes where Shulk is and Shulk (or some other character) goes where Mii is.
Likewise, I'm guessing no 3rd DK rep if this is real. We have no real 'reason' to believe we're getting one.

plrichard

Smash Cadet

I was about to say...I don't know what else to tell you to make you see it's a new thread, lol.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Well there is more pixelation on the third pic but not as much as you claim so, my question is COULD someone fake them?
its possible i have friends who are really good with photoshop, and with more then an hour its quite possible to have fakes the 3rd image onward if the first two are real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom