• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to bring up the question again of, "Why have different versions of the demo?" it's like Nintendo would be purposely playing favorites.
The tournament edition could be the one used exclusively at the E3 tournament. They could have decided to put both versions on one disc and simply select one or the other in a menu. Or if people really will be unlocking characters at the tournament there could be two versions: one while the tournament is going( demo version), and another after all the characters have been "unlocked" (Tournament version) When the secret character is confirmed stores switch it over. The latter is a bit complicated, but would be pretty amazing if they managed to pull it off.

Last edited:

plrichard

Smash Cadet
For the record, I posted that roster to show that it looks pretty straight on meaning people could fake the other pics.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
The original leaker said that Ridley is going to be unlocked after the tourney mode is beaten right? I remember reading it., it was the last pic he posted.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I was about to say...I don't know what else to tell you to make you see it's a new thread, lol.
I had to go back on 4 chan to see how threads look like nowadays. Didnt have that in mind. If only they kept the users Id, we wouldnt be kn trouble now...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Likewise, I'm guessing no 3rd DK rep if this is real. We have no real 'reason' to believe we're getting one.
True. But there's certainly more precedent for a 3rd DK rep, than there is for a 3rd FE rep. DK has been very successful in the past few years. It was almost dead when Brawl came out and even then, it nearly got a 3rd rep.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
True. But there's certainly more precedent for a 3rd DK rep, than there is for a 3rd FE rep.
That's an entire discussion for a different thread, but I will say that the majority of people who are believing this are filling in the blanks with the Sal leak, which does include Chrom.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
The original leaker said that Ridley is going to be unlocked after the tourney mode is beaten right? I remember reading it., it was the last pic he posted.
there was no proof whoever said that was the original poster, thats the main problem with stuff from 4chan if the posts dont have trip codes, people can claim to be the first guy and be lying. for all we know the leaker posted the first two images then bailed out and others kept posting fakes, if this is real of course

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That's an entire discussion for a different thread, but I will say that the majority of people who are believing this are filling in the blanks with the Sal leak, which does include Chrom.
The Sal leak.... *walks away slowly.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
there was no proof whoever said that was the original poster, thats the main problem with stuff from 4chan if the posts dont have trip codes, people can claim to be the first guy and be lying. for all we know the leaker posted the first two images then bailed out and others kept posting fakes, if this is real of course
when it was posted people checked his ip with the original 2 pictures and it was the same.

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice

People did this pretty fast, I'm not well versed in photoshop but I would imagine you could change the angles around
The more I see rosters like this, the more I shudder to think of the reality of a roster with Chorus Men, Mii, and 3 blue-haired dudes with swords...

I'm not sure if Ridley would be enough to outweigh that for me...

Shroob

Sup?
So are Zelda and Star Fox.
Yes, but as it is now, if we judge by the Sal leak and this 'leak', we have no evidence that K.Rool(or any DK character) is playable. Yes, Sal didn't include Rosalina in his list, but he didn't include a 3rd DK character either, and Ridley could be excused as being the absolute top secret reveal if that's the case.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
If what leak believers say is true, the guy who said it is not the real leaker, thus the Ridley thing is a lie.
Im so lost.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Just in case people didn't know the original leaker said that Ridley was going to be unlocked after beating tourney mode,so it won't matter if the "y leak" is by the same guy or not. http://i.imgur.com/unF77DU.png
But we don't know if that is the original leaker. (It might be, but there's no way to know)

EDIT: Didn't see your other post. Is it true that the IP of the person who posted the first 2 pics and the 6th pic is the same? Do you happen to know where I can find that in the thread?

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The more I see rosters like this, the more I shudder to think of the reality of a roster with Chorus Men, Mii, and 3 blue-haired dudes with swords...

I'm not sure if Ridley would be enough to outweigh that for me...
I agree. We need a Silver Haired Maiden or a White Hair Wonder instead of the three blue-hairs.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
its possible i have friends who are really good with photoshop, and with more then an hour its quite possible to have fakes the 3rd image onward if the first two are real
Well, if you say so this means I was mistaken (seriously I use gimp and I didn't know that ps was that powerful).

So, only the first 2 pic? Well I'll have to admit there's more evidence that would support those pic being real:

No comment from the leaker (like the palutena one, it was an hit and run)
The roster is plausible and the one unlocked (which I think are for only the best buy demo) seems plausible.
Some details are quite impressive if it was a fake (the smash logo on locks, the 3 as cpu difficulty, the black corner on the boxes and the UI respect the design saw in the direct).

What makes this leak doubtful however

The UI looks too similar to the one in the direct. What I mean is that with photoshop, you could have edited the UI in the direct and make it look convincing. But then again where those player box comes from?
The whole P1 selector hovering on marth without hands. This one is explainable because the leaker could've used the WiiU gamepad and use touch control. My only problem with this is what would happen if the person use the stick after using the touch screen? Would the hand just magically appears? It seems to be a weird design choice and the lack of hands just leave me doubtful.

But that's it! I admit that this leak, only for the first 2 pictures could be real. Though, if someone can tell me a plausible explanation for the hands, it would be appreciated.

EDIT

Didn't see your other post. Is it true that the IP of the person who posted the first 2 pics and the 6th pic is the same? Do you happen to know where I can find that in the thread?
Ah here we go again...

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Here's my opinion on this.....
I don't care if it's real or fake, as long as at least Snake's in. Both Pac Man and Snake would make me overjoyed.

Shroob

Sup?
Here's my opinion on this.....
I don't care if it's real or fake, as long as at least Snake's in. Both Pac Man and Snake would make me overjoyed.
Sadly, I think this actually hurts Snake's chances more than anything, if it's real that is.

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
But we don't know if that is the original leaker. (It might be, but there's no way to know)

EDIT: Didn't see your other post. Is it true that the IP of the person who posted the first 2 pics and the 6th pic is the same? Do you happen to know where I can find that in the thread?
It was in the 4chan thread where that picture was posted, probably can't get a link to it now though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I posted the likely version... now i'll post the version i'd want.

I think this version would please more people.

EDIT: Replace Lucas with Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I think this actually hurts Snake's chances more than anything, if it's real that is.
I thought this at first. But what if ROB is cut? Lucas? And don't even say "They're not" cause we don't know this for a fact. I'm still going to hold on until the game comes out. If he's not in, I guess I gotta deal with it.

Shroob

Sup?
I thought this at first. But what if ROB is cut? Lucas? And don't even say "They're not" cause we don't know this for a fact. I'm still going to hold on until the game comes out. If he's not in, I guess I gotta deal with it.
I feel like Snake's last shot will be at E3. If he's not shown then, then he's not in, especially if Pac gets shown. Third Party characters get the spotlight due to their guest status, and unless there's another Nintendo Direct between E3's one and the game's release, I doubt his inclusion.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Perhaps it is simply an aesthetic change and the cursor changes between a puck and a hand when it enters and exits the character slot area.
Oh but I have a better one what if the hand would disappear after some time without touching the controller? That would mean that the leaker would have to wait a little and take the picture which seems plausible.

But this IP thing makes me even more doubtful Can we tell for sure that it's the same guy?

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I posted the likely version... now i'll post the version i'd want.

I think this version would please more people.
i only think micaiah is not in because i doubt the same fire emblem game is getting two reps if fe is getting 3 reps at all

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Oh but I have a better one what if the hand would disappear after some time without touching the controller? That would mean that the leaker would have to wait a little and take the picture which seems plausible.

But this IP thing makes me even more doubtful Can we tell for sure that it's the same guy?
at this point probably not unless someone took a screenshot since the thread is gone, also someone pointed out before that the hand could just change into the player disk when over the characters which is a plausible idea

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
i only think micaiah is not in because i doubt the same fire emblem game is getting two reps if fe is getting 3 reps at all
Aw don't say that. RD Ike helps her chances. But let's not discuss that hear. It's all in my Micaiah thread.

I think it's no Isaac and Ness and Lucas move over and Chrom takes that spot. Chrom gets put in last second.

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Snake's last shot will be at E3. If he's not shown then, then he's not in, especially if Pac gets shown. Third Party characters get the spotlight due to their guest status, and unless there's another Nintendo Direct between E3's one and the game's release, I doubt his inclusion.
Yeah, I think I feel the same way. But I'm one of those type of guys who gets into denial... so hopefully I don't go too crazy when he's not announced XD

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Aw don't say that. RD Ike helps her chances. But let's not discuss that hear. It's all in my Micaiah thread.

I think it's no Isaac and Ness and Lucas move over and Chrom takes that spot. Chrom gets put in last second.
If that happens that would work too. I'm not gonna make another roster though.

plrichard

Smash Cadet
I would like to point out that it's my understanding that the ip address was confirmed for the first two and then the last picture. If that's true the only pictures with holes appear to have a different origin. Almost seems too convenient though...

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I just went through all the /v/ threads on 4chan and can confirm that the thread in question no longer exists. I'm willing to believe hotcrumpets that the IP address for the person who posted the first 2 pics and the 6th pic is the same. (Although if someone else could confirm or deny this, it would be appreciated).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom