• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
It's more of that I haven't seen enough for me to be convinced that it is fake.

So far we've got a few pixel, color, and font errors. That isn't enough for me, especially since all of these mistakes, if they were photoshopped by the same person, should not have happened, there is no reason you would change the font/color/thickness of something when you already have the template of what it should be. Admittedly, that should also be the case if this is legitimate, as there is no reason a developer would mess up as they should have a template for what this is, unless they added in Little Mac to the tourney mode from an earlier build and forgot to change the font, as he is the only one that stays true to what the Direct's font was. That seems more likely to me then a photoshop error, since I work as a game tester, things like that happen all the time. There are plenty of things like this that the developers forget to change between builds, and since they are such tiny details, they often get overlooked to fix the more serious issues.

Large scale fakes like these are often for bragging rights and often times the clean image is used as proof you set it. It may not be the original poster who made the later images.

2 Things are not there when they are supposed to be.

There is no visible button that switches from Team mode to Free for all Mode. And that there is no bar or text to show what game mode you are currently on, like Stock or Time.
This can be explained by it being the Demo, in all likelihood the game will be set to timed and free-for-all only.

Shroob

Sup?

There is no visible button that switches from Team mode to Free for all Mode. And that there is no bar or text to show what game mode you are currently on, like Stock or Time.
What if that red patch is the button? Just an idea.

plrichard

Smash Cadet
We have a pic of the official leaker showing us the pic showing Ridley (with Megaman and LM) explaining why they appear, with a guy asking him why did he take a pic from that stupid angle. Except for the pic 5, everything else is from the leaker, thus no point trying to find mistakes in the first two, which were the best prepared. Pic 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 are from the same leaker, period.
Because everyone on 4chan is who they say they are.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What if that red patch is the button? Just an idea.
It's the Smash Ball though:

The reason we can infer this is because in the "For Glory/For Fun" menu, you can see the Nintendo Network icon in the top left surrounded by Orange.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
So yeah, I've changed my stance to only believing the first two and last on are real, or at the very least the most realistic.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

Then what is colors?
The Color's thing bothers me. It's unlikely you can make your own colors. If you could it wouldn't be in a demo. But why wouldn't they call it teams? Infact, you don't change colors in team anymore.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Something Interesting...
I said this earlier, but the backgrounds of the characters are slightly lighter on the CSS. For example...

Luigi on the Website:

Luigi on CSS:

I know the CSS seems darker, but it's because the pic is darker, but notice how it becomes Gradient a little bit later on the CSS. Why would someone photoshoping this change the background?

Mario on Website:

Mario on CSS:

Make of this what you want

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So yeah, I've changed my stance to only believing the first two and last on are real, or at the very least the most realistic.
You can't believe the last one is real because thats when he said you could unlock Ridley via beating the tournament mode. That confirms that he also made the 3rd and 4th pictures,

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Then what is colors?
The Color's thing bothers me. It's unlikely you can make your own colors. If you could it wouldn't be in a demo. But why wouldn't they call it teams? Infact, you don't change colors in team anymore.
maybe you change it in a later menu, its just a guess but looking at it next to free for all is 4 bars and only two are filled maybe each one is a menu until the game starts so it could just show up later.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Unless there is a god of photoshopping out there, it would have been near impossible to fake the images other then the Pacman image, as they are all shot from different angles. Especially the Ridley one, it was released less then an hour after the first 2, it would be incredibly difficult, if not completely impossible, to photoshop something like that in that short of time.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Then what is colors?
The Color's thing bothers me. It's unlikely you can make your own colors. If you could it wouldn't be in a demo.
Well, Namco Bandai fighting games have customizable color palettes, so it's not really a stretch to think that this Namco Bandai developed fighting game would too. As to why it's a feature in the demo version, you have a fair point. It does seem like an odd thing to include in a demo, unless they really wanted to show it off.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Unless there is a god of photoshopping out there, it would have been near impossible to fake the images other then the Pacman image, as they are all shot from different angles. Especially the Ridley one, it was released less then an hour after the first 2, it would be incredibly difficult, if not completely impossible, to photoshop something like that in that short of time.
Yeah, that's what I thought, but everyone keeps saying "Well maybe he is the god of Photoshop?"

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
He could have just taken pictures of the same image from different angles.

domokl

Smash Lord
Are people really still defending this leak? Jeez I thought we all came to the conclusion these were fake

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Which means it would have had to be the same person, in which case it would make no sense that the mistakes there had been made, as he would have already had a template for what they should look like, there's no reason to change it.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Look at your icon. Rotate your computer 45 degrees. Does the image change?

Staarih

Smash Master
The Colors-tab surely is interesting. It's such a random thing, why add it to a fake leak? I don't think it's something that would first come to mind when faking a leak if you wanted to play safe, especially when looking at previous installments where alt colors were switched in quite a simple manner.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
In reality, there wouldn't be a back button on the demo. It'd be pointless. Having that button replaced with the Smash Ball makes sense

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Which means it would have had to be the same person, in which case it would make no sense that the mistakes there had been made, as he would have already had a template for what they should look like, there's no reason to change it.

This, but editing the picture to add the characters before the second picture. Afterall the added characters where all done sloppily (pixels and font difference), which would make sense given the short period of time he had to do it in.

Or the idea that it was someone else he'd sent the raw image to adding in new characters without noticing the mistakes (again held up by short time period).

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
For someone this great at faking apparently, you would think he'd notice the "C"s when making them. Which makes me think that's not as much evidence against this leak as we thought

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Are people really still defending this leak? Jeez I thought we all came to the conclusion these were fake
Nope. We're still debating over it. If we concluded that it was fake, we wouldn't have all of these people lurking about.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
For someone this great at faking apparently, you would think he'd notice the "C"s when making them. Which makes me think that's not as much evidence against this leak as we thought
Or they are human like the rest of us and made a mistake.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Again, that's what I'm trying to say, as they would have to have been made by the same person.
There's this amazing invention called the internet, it allows you to send pictures to other people via a series of tubes...

But less sarcastically they do not have to be the same people, just have the same raw image, and it's not uncommon for people to send hoax images to friends as proof that they started it.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
It's more then that, the Cs shouldn't have been different to begin with, as he would have already had the correct font.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom