• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

Serioously though Cheezey. No need to be acting like a jerk bud.

While I don't think it kills the leak. It definently takes away some respect I had for it
i think now it comes down to the first two pictures

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I just realized how stupid the past 30+ pages (including my input) have been. Who cares? This doesn't even reveal anything.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
He's acting like we're all idiots. Being all sarcastic. That's not necessary.
"Oh look, two Cs that are the same, and both curved unlike the fake leak... this means so much guys...

D:"

That's what Cheezey said. How is that sarcasm? Whatever, atleast we now have another reason to why this may be fake.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Hahaha, this has actually been pretty ridiculous, in a few weeks we'll know for sure and not even care about this whole deal anymore. I think I'm going to let this leak be for now until something interesting (other than fonts or C's) pop up!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

Serioously though Cheezey. No need to be acting like a jerk bud.

While I don't think it kills the leak. It definently takes away some respect I had for it
He's acting like we're all idiots. Being all sarcastic. That's not necessary.
Sorry, I did get a bit shirty there, my apologies. It's just that we've had similar discussions about type-facing in other threads and on other boards... I feel like I'm retreading the same ground, though obviously for some it's new ground and I should respect that.

"Oh look, two Cs that are the same, and both curved unlike the fake leak... this means so much guys...

D:"

That's what Cheezey said. How is that sarcasm? Whatever, atleast we now have another reason to why this may be fake.
Now I'm hoping you're being sarcastic?

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Yeah, I think we should just all say this is fake and move on. It's not like we get anything either way.

Doesn't it technically reveal Ridley?
Debatably, but so does/doesn't E3. So might as well just wait.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Sorry, I did get a bit shirty there, my apologies. It's just that we've had similar discussions about type-facing in other threads and on other boards... I feel like I'm retreading the same ground, though obviously for some it's new ground and I should respect that.
i only keep talking about the leak cause there is nothing else interesting happening with the game right til at least not til tomorrow... maybe

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I feel ya man. There's good evidence on both sides. You're annoyed people are ignoring the evidence it's fake. I'm annoyed people are ignoring the evidence it is real.

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel ya man. There's good evidence on both sides. You're annoyed people are ignoring the evidence it's fake. I'm annoyed people are ignoring the evidence it is real.
Could you please elaborate on what evidence makes it real? I always seem to miss those posts. I am being utterly genuine here. I want to hear the other side when it is not being arbitrary or asserting that people are ignoring the evidence.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Did we really get ride of the pixel mistake ? Why ? Was it not a sufficient proof ? Thought it already killed the leak. :nifty:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Remember, if we can prove that there is something wrong with either of this pictures we can finally hit the nail in the coffin. I guess start looking!

Did we really get ride of the pixel mistake ? Why ? Was it not a sufficient proof ? Thought it already killed the leak. :nifty:
Believers are saying that either it was a coincidental graphical glitch or there was a 3rd leaker that made it and it was fake. While the first 2 pictures are real.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
You killed one image of the leak, which in turn shed a lot of doubt on the rest, we were working on your behalf to definitively debunk the rest.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Could you please elaborate on what evidence makes it real? I always seem to miss those posts. I am being utterly genuine here. I want to hear the other side when it is not being arbitrary or asserting that people are ignoring the evidence.
to me the first two images have yet to been debunked and the ones after those two came sometime after and not right away so while implausible it is possible someone faked the rest after the first two went up so thats my stance not the best but it keeps me from being bored

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

Remember, if we can prove that there is something wrong with either of this pictures we can finally hit the nail in the coffin. I guess start looking!

Believers are saying that either it was a coincidental graphical glitch or there was a 3rd leaker that made it and it was fake. While the first 2 pictures are real.
The red part ends with an e, is that anything? It adds suspicion because Onlne ends with an e, so it could be shopped.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

I'm looking too. Don't go in with the attitude of debunking. Leaks are already fake until proven real. So look for evidence on both sides of the arument

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
It's most minute details that a normal leaker wouldn't put effort or thought into, or seem counter intuitive; the fact that all character boxes are there, the Soul Calibur-esque design influence, the locks, the main reps being there but really no one else (Bar popular franchise chars.), etc. Stuff like that.

Last edited:

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
Didn't the same guy upload another picture that had more of the left side of the screen showing Link, Mario, and Pikachu fully? Then saying afterwards "Ima delete these from my phone now."

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hmmmm. I just realized... Where would the thing that shows you what game mode setting it is on be? The thing that either shows it is in time mode or stock mode? Both Melee and Brawl had something like that and it isn't here.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
It's more of that I haven't seen enough for me to be convinced that it is fake.

So far we've got a few pixel, color, and font errors. That isn't enough for me, especially since all of these mistakes, if they were photoshopped by the same person, should not have happened, there is no reason you would change the font/color/thickness of something when you already have the template of what it should be. Admittedly, that should also be the case if this is legitimate, as there is no reason a developer would mess up as they should have a template for what this is, unless they added in Little Mac to the tourney mode from an earlier build and forgot to change the font, as he is the only one that stays true to what the Direct's font was. That seems more likely to me then a photoshop error, since I work as a game tester, things like that happen all the time. There are plenty of things like this that the developers forget to change between builds, and since they are such tiny details, they often get overlooked to fix the more serious issues.

Several of the letter fonts are different then what they should be in the direct.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Hey.... uh... guys, can someone recap? I don't want to go through 20+ pages... Is there some more hard evidence orrr??

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Hmmmm. I just realized... Where would the thing that shows you what game mode setting it is on be? The thing that either shows it is in time mode or stock mode? Both Melee and Brawl had something like that and it isn't here.
True, it would be poor design choice to not have it. But it's not anything that can prove the leak is fake.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hey.... uh... guys, can someone recap? I don't want to go through 20+ pages... Is there some more hard evidence orrr??
We argued a bit about the font of the C in Little Mac and Sonic. Turns out they were the same C whens someone enhanced it.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It's more of that I haven't seen enough for me to be convinced that it is fake.

So far we've got a few pixel, color, and font errors. That isn't enough for me, especially since all of these mistakes, if they were photoshopped by the same person, should not have happened, there is no reason you would change the font/color/thickness of something when you already have the template of what it should be. Admittedly, that should also be the case if this is legitimate, as there is no reason a developer would mess up as they should have a template for what this is, unless they added in Little Mac to the tourney mode from an earlier build and forgot to change the font, as he is the only one that stays true to what the Direct's font was. That seems more likely to me then a photoshop error, since I work as a game tester, things like that happen all the time. There are plenty of things like this that the developers forget to change between builds, and since they are such tiny details, they often get overlooked to fix the more serious issues.

Several of the letter fonts are different then what they should be in the direct.
It's most minute details that a normal leaker wouldn't put effort or thought into, or seem counter intuitive; the fact that all character boxes are there, the Soul Calibur-esque design influence, the locks, the main reps being there but really no one else (Bar Mario chars.), etc. Stuff like that.

Good posts. It's this stuff that keeps me thinking

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
2 Things are not there when they are supposed to be.

There is no visible button that switches from Team mode to Free for all Mode. And that there is no bar or text to show what game mode you are currently on, like Stock or Time.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
We have a pic of the official leaker showing us the pic showing Ridley (with Megaman and LM) explaining why they appear, with a guy asking him why did he take a pic from that stupid angle. Except for the pic 5, everything else is from the leaker, thus no point trying to find mistakes in the first two, which were the best prepared. Pic 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 are from the same leaker, period.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
It's most minute details that a normal leaker wouldn't put effort or thought into, or seem counter intuitive; the fact that all character boxes are there, the Soul Calibur-esque design influence, the locks, the main reps being there but really no one else (Bar Mario chars.), etc. Stuff like that.
I think also the fact that it's 17x3 instead of something like 10x5, the "colors", the fact that you can just barely see that the bottom right slot is tinted red but is cut off, and the leaker seems to have been sneaking the photos.

plrichard

Smash Cadet
The red part ends with an e, is that anything? It adds suspicion because Onlne ends with an e, so it could be shopped.
Unlikely to be an e and even if it did the online mode just has the Nintendo Network logo there and the word Online is where the word Smash is in this picture.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
it could be in the top left or below the chosen character, once again unlikely but it also could be that if it is the bestbuy demo there is no way to change it or you change it somewhere else in this one

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
We have a pic of the official leaker showing us the pic showing Ridley (with Megaman and LM) explaining why they appear, with a guy asking him why did he take a pic from that stupid angle. Except for the pic 5, everything else is from the leaker, thus no point trying to find mistakes in the first two, which were the best prepared. Pic 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 are from the same leaker, period.
There is no real way to prove that. If there was then this discussion would be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom