• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Well, if you say so this means I was mistaken (seriously I use gimp and I didn't know that ps was that powerful).

So, only the first 2 pic? Well I'll have to admit there's more evidence that would support those pic being real:

No comment from the leaker (like the palutena one, it was an hit and run)
The roster is plausible and the one unlocked (which I think are for only the best buy demo) seems plausible.
Some details are quite impressive if it was a fake (the smash logo on locks, the 3 as cpu difficulty, the black corner on the boxes and the UI respect the design saw in the direct).

What makes this leak doubtful however

The UI looks too similar to the one in the direct. What I mean is that with photoshop, you could have edited the UI in the direct and make it look convincing. But then again where those player box comes from?
The whole P1 selector hovering on marth without hands. This one is explainable because the leaker could've used the WiiU gamepad and use touch control. My only problem with this is what would happen if the person use the stick after using the touch screen? Would the hand just magically appears? It seems to be a weird design choice and the lack of hands just leave me doubtful.

But that's it! I admit that this leak, only for the first 2 pictures could be real. Though, if someone can tell me a plausible explanation for the hands, it would be appreciated.

EDIT

Ah here we go again...
For the hand. I can see it going one of two ways. On one hand (hehuehueheuehu) it could be similar to when you would plug in a gamecube controller in Melee. The hand would magically appear. Not too out of the question. On the other hand (heh) it could be similar to how you pick CPUs. In the pic the hand could be out of the camera's view, and now we have to pick up the puck and move it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What's your opinion on this Kupa? Considering you're arguably the biggest K.Rool supporter on this site, do you think that the 3rd spot in the 'DK line' would be K.Rool?
Yes, because I don't think a series represented by one character would be plopped randomly in between two series represented by multiple characters. I think Olimar would appear in the middle row with the other series with one character, like Villager and Little Mac.

Last edited:

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
Something that was brought up a while back that didn't get much attention was the fact that if the 3's are the CPU levels, the character portrait will obscure them. What do you all think of that?

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I would like to point out that it's my understanding that the ip address was confirmed for the first two and then the last picture. If that's true the only pictures with holes appear to have a different origin. Almost seems too convenient though...
well tbh they could be lying about the ip being the same since the thread died, at this point we dont know since no one took a screen shot

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Something that was brought up a while back that didn't get much attention was the fact that if the 3's are the CPU levels, the character portrait will obscure them. What do you all think of that?
Not to mention the fact that no CPU pucks are visible while you can see the level and stuff. To my knowledge the puck is visible when a CPU slot is open like all 3 of them are in this leak.

Shroob

Sup?
Yes, because I don't think a character from a series represented by one character would be plopped randomly in between two series represented by multiple characters. I think Olimar would appear in the middle row with the other series with one character, like Villager and Little Mac.
On the other hand, I strongly disagree. Wii Fit Trainer is just randomly put in a random spot on the bottom row and will most likely be surrounded by two other series, which makes me skeptical. And let's not even begin with Yoshi and Wario, while considered by many offshoots of the Mario franchise, are still considered their own franchises.

Likewise, there's been nothing so far to tell me we're getting a third DK rep, which, no offense, but I highly doubt. I'd like it, but I doubt it. The way I view it, I'm doubting we'll lose anyone from Brawl except Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur.

Also, this begs to question Pokemon's situation. Will it get 6 reps? Or is there someone before Marth?

There's too many assumptions and what if scenarios to have a solid belief of this, frankly.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Last post because I can crush this leak

First 2 pics look real and all the other pics are from the same setup as the first 2.

The third pic is fake because of the pixel off in ridley's box.

The fourth pic is fake because of the color difference on the top of little mac box and the mega man one. Plus, there's the c difference. Since a comment was given that said that there's 2 versions with 2 more unlockable, this is a lie because the picture is fake. What this means is that it is NOT normal to see 2 character unlocked in the third and fourth pic thus, making these 2 pictures fake.

The fifth pic has no mistake but the comment claim again that there's 2 version making this an insta fake because it's a lie.

So, the only way this leak is somehow true is the first 2 pic. But like I said, all the pic was done on the same setup (the same CSS) so, if the first 2 pic are the only one real, then how ANOTHER PERSON was able to replicate the whole CSS and post this as a fake? They are in different angles so you had to do a shot from the same setup to get the other pic which I proved fake. Since only the person who posted the 3rd, 4th and 5th could've posted the first 2, this make this leak a FAKE.

Now, you're sceptical if you do believe it now.

Actually it was proven before that the pictures were taken on different screens as there were smudges and more pixelations on the 3rd and 4th pictures (which hint towards a different screen).

As for the faker's ability to make such a picture: You could easily take the original pictures and make them fullscreen, edit them and add in Megaman and Little Mac from the site (which would explain the font inconsistencies), add in a Ridley slot and then take a picture of your own screen at a slanted angle. It would take you less than 10 minutes to do for anyone with slight picture editing skills.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
And let's not even begin with Yoshi and Wario, while considered by many offshoots of the Mario franchise, are still considered their own franchises.
They were both still by the Mario characters in Brawl, though.

Probably not a terrible amount. You'll probably be able to still make out what the number is. Besides, have we actually seen the bottom of the screen yet? There could still be a slider or something down there that indicates what number it is, and the giant "3" behind them is more of an aesthetic touch. Or, alternatively, there could be something else down there that makes the number have to be back there (could have something to do with the "color" option)

Either way, I don't think the letter being slightly obscured will be that big of a deal. The background could flash every time you change the number to show you what number it's set to.

Shroob

Sup?
I would also like to say that Pikmin is somewhat related to the Mario franchise from a meta standpoint. Do not forget that without the tech demo of Super Mario 128, there would be no Pikmin.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

People did this pretty fast, I'm not well versed in photoshop but I would imagine you could change the angles around
Pretty much spot on based on that leak. Not sure why people think King K. Rool will make the cut but I'd be happy if he did. Smash Bros is seriously lacking villains.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Pretty much spot on based on that leak. Not sure why people think King K. Rool will make the cut but I'd be happy if he did. Smash Bros is seriously lacking villains.
Mewtwo will be in before K Rool. Mewtwo was considered a villain in Melee

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Mewtwo will be in before K Rool. Mewtwo was considered a villain in Melee
Right.

Also, I've been wondering about that picture that had the "Y" at the end where people think Ridley would be. Is that implying that the demos give you the chance to unlock characters? Because that really wouldn't make any sense.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Well how about this then... I'd take K. Rool and Micaiah over stupid *** Mii and Chorus Men.
And then Snake over Pac and we are good to go. That's my prediction roster execpt plus Ridley and plus Snake. Seriously though, whats with the blank CPU portraits and lack of pucks? Brawl at least had the "?" mark.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Right.

Also, I've been wondering about that picture that had the "Y" at the end where people think Ridley would be. Is that implying that the demos give you the chance to unlock characters? Because that really wouldn't make any sense.
We covered that when we thought that picture wasn't fake. The thought was Sakurai would "unlock" it and the Best Buy demos would presumably then download a patch to unlock it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And then Snake over Pac and we are good to go. That's my prediction roster execpt plus Ridley and plus Snake. Seriously though, whats with the blank CPU portraits and lack of pucks? Brawl at least had the "?" mark.
I seriously doubt Snake is returning. I'd prefer him over PAc-Man but i doubt it'd happen.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I really hope you know the female fe character is not gonna happen. This isn't the place to discuss that. But you keep bringing it up. FE will not get 4 reps. And the third will be Chrom

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
The character speculation should probably be taken elsewhere, since there have been multiple warnings against posting speculation regarding the character select screen, rather than the leak itself and other E3-related topics.

On another note, I just thought of something. Despite the fact that I am one of the biggest supporters of this leak, a potential issue with the leak just occurred to me.

The 3rd and 4th pics were posted (I believe) before the 6th pic. The 6th pic supposedly came from the same IP address as the original 2 pics. When the 6th pic was posted, the OP stated that the tourney version contained Little Mac, Mega-Man, and an unlockable Ridley upon completing the tourney. This happens to be EXACTLY what was shown off in the 3rd and 4th pics, which seemed to have been posted before the 6th pic.

Point being, the original leaker confirmed details that came from the 3rd and 4th pictures, which have several minor inconsistencies with them and are generally seen as fake. However, I should also add that the 3rd and 4th pictures were posted on a different web site, which doesn't make any sense unless they were from a different person.

In summation, I am ****ing confused.

Last edited:

Lanuigi

Smash Cadet
Something that still puzzles me is the issue with two versions. Not so much they're are two versions but that it just puzzles me

If there are two versions, then it's most likely that the majority of us (well pretty much all of us) will be playing one version while the main tournament will use another version.

Now to bring up random points that people have stated. How many possible discs with the tournament version could be out there. If no other place but the 16man tournament will use it, why would it be at any other Best Buy? Meaning whoever took the picture would be at a known location for Nintendo (or whoever in charge of running it). A risk I guess the leaker wouldn't mind taking?

If there are two versions on different discs then maybe it would make sense as people said that some pictures have stains and some don't because two different screens displayed the two different versions. But then again, they wouldn't need to test the tournament version if we weren't supposed to play it. Especially for a while to "unlock characters".

Another thing is maybe there will be two versions. Maybe we will get to play the tournament version for some time at the Best Buy events. But then (as someone pointed out and of course I'm lazy to look at who), wouldn't it be exciting to see Ridley unlocked at the 16man tourney. It would be an epic thing to see happen with the tournament version. But wouldn't that mean that we would get a chance to unlock Ridley as well at Best Buy? Does that mean we could as Ridley after we unlock him or will they just switch back to the "other" version? What would be the point of seeing him as unlockable at Best Buy if we already got to see him unlocked at the 16man tournament (if the tournament event came first before the Best Buy public one).

I'm just rambling thoughts, maybe I should have organized it better :(

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I really hope you know the female fe character is not gonna happen. This isn't the place to discuss that. But you keep bringing it up. FE will not get 4 reps. And the third will be Chrom
Thank you for ignoring the whole part that had to do with the leak. And no I think it would be a stupid decision to have Chrom (a brainless character) over a female. Tag me in the discussion thread if you want to argue this more. But how about it. Would you care to explain the lack of pucks and portraits for the CPUs?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The character speculation should probably be taken elsewhere, since there have been multiple warnings against posting speculation regarding the character select screen, rather than the leak itself and other E3-related topics.

On another note, I just thought of something. Despite the fact that I am one of the biggest supporters of this leak, a potential issue with the leak just occurred to me.

The 3rd and 4th pics were posted (I believe) before the 6th pic, and supposedly came from the same IP address as the original 2 pics. When the 6th pic was posted, the OP stated that the tourney version contained Little Mac, Mega-Man, and an unlockable Ridley upon completing the tourney. This happens to be EXACTLY what was shown off in the 3rd and 4th pics, which seemed to have been posted before the 6th pic.

Point being, the original leaker confirmed details that came from the 3rd and 4th pictures, which have several minor inconsistencies with them and are generally seen as fake. However, I should also add that the 3rd and 4th pictures were posted on a different web site, which doesn't make any sense unless they were from a different person.

3 and 4 were never confirmed to be same IP. Whoever says so is speculating. Whole point of 4Chan is you are anonymous. There's a chance of the 6th being related to 1 and 2 but I doubt it

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
3 and 4 were never confirmed to be same IP. Whoever says so is speculating. Whole point of 4Chan is you are anonymous. There's a chance of the 6th being related to 1 and 2 but I doubt it
The 6th pic is the one that is apparently from the same IP as the first 2. Not the 3rd and 4th one (if I understand it all correctly)

EDIT: Also, the 3rd and 4th pics were not on 4chan.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

The 3rd and 4th pics were posted (I believe) before the 6th pic, and supposedly came from the same IP address as the original 2 pics. When the 6th pic was posted, the OP stated that the tourney version contained Little Mac, Mega-Man, and an unlockable Ridley upon completing the tourney. This happens to be EXACTLY what was shown off in the 3rd and 4th pics, which seemed to have been posted before the 6th pic.

Perhaps someone was filling in the blanks? Post Mega Man and Little Mac where you think they go, and also add Ridley who is the logical choice to go between ZSS/Pit. They made those images that have those errors, then later the OP posted the final pic stating it. Essentially, I'm saying it may be a coincidence...which isn't likely I admit, but it's possible.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I dont think there's any evidence the 6th was the same IP
So essentially, lets break it down

Pic 1/2 were posted by the leaker. He then went underground with his pictures

Pic 3 and 4 were made by either one person, or two different copy cats, to F with us.

Pic 5 was made as a clear copy cat, lacking much of the details of the previous leaks

Pic 6 was then made by either the person who made Pic 3, or a new person all together who believed Pics 3 and 4 were real, and stated the Ridley/Edition issue

Then Pic 3 and 4 were put under great scrutiny and shown to have issues with both.

Does that sound possible?

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
So essentially, lets break it down

Pic 1/2 were posted by the leaker. He then went underground with his pictures

Pic 3 and 4 were made by either one person, or two different copy cats, to F with us.

Pic 5 was made as a clear copy cat, lacking much of the details of the previous leaks

Pic 6 was then made by either the person who made Pic 3, or a new person all together who believed Pics 3 and 4 were real, and stated the Ridley/Edition issue

Then Pic 3 and 4 were put under great scrutiny and shown to have issues with both.

Does that sound possible?
The only thing is that someone said that the OP of the 4chan thread for the 6th picture had the same IP address as the original leaker of the first 2 pictures. That 4chan thread no longer exists, so unless someone took pictures, then there's no way to know for sure if the IP address for the 6th pic was truly the same as the original leaker.

Dan

Smash Lord
Is there any reason why people favor K. Rool over Dixie in their predictions?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Is there any reason why people favor K. Rool over Dixie in their predictions?
Bias, mostly, even though Dixie is more prominent in the DK series currently. Might be also because the Kremlins in Smash run, though I view that shaky to be frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom