• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Nukem Forever

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
My brother playing Duke Nukem 3D is what originally got me into playing FPS games. I hope DNF is vaguely fun at the least =]

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
They better bring the Jetpack back with cool levels, nothing like blasting people with a fully charged plasma canon while floating in mid air.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
At a London demonstration Gearbox asked that press not film a trailer featuring strippers,”the word f—-ing” in giant letters , “Duke being pleasured by two women at once” and an alien getting punched in the balls repeatedly.

This game is going to be hilariously awesome.

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
At a London demonstration Gearbox asked that press not film a trailer featuring strippers,”the word f—-ing” in giant letters , “Duke being pleasured by two women at once” and an alien getting punched in the balls repeatedly.

This game is going to be hilariously awesome.
Apparently in classic Duke Nukem style you start the game pissing in a toilet.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well now that we know it's not coming out next year (would be the cause of 2012) I guess a meteor will just smash Gearbox.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
My soul just died, THANKS GEARBOX! Guess what, I'M ALL OUTTA GUM!
honestly, I think that's the opposite of the problem.

"Okay Duke, we're all ready to get you to work"

"I'm here to be globally distributed and chew bubblegum, and I've still got a lot of gum left."

"Sigh..."

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Okay guys, so I have an update on this game! (No...it didn't get delayed. Again.)

Sources: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/16/duke-nukem-forever-demo-lands-june-3-for-borderlands-goty-owners/

http://ca.kotaku.com/5802490/get-first-access-to-duke-nukem-forever-the-demo-on-june-3

If you own the GOTY version of Borderlands, you'll be able to download and play the DNF demo starting on June 3rd! (Whoever doesn't own this can download it sometime between June 3rd-14. This game is out in NA on June 14th and June 10th everywhere else.)

D

Deleted member

Anyone get this demo? It's still hard to believe it's actually coming out.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Anyone get this demo? It's still hard to believe it's actually coming out.
Yeah, I downloaded it on the 360.

All you have to do is pre-order the game on amazon then cancel your pre-order and keep the code. That's what I did.

I'd give the demo a score of 6/10

Pros:

- Stuff is interactive
- You can throw pieces of turd at people (lol)
- Your health recovers (Ego = health)

Cons:

- Graphics are...meh
- Animations are bad (Jump up in the air and Duke doesn't even bend his knees...think Fallout 3 animation bad)
- The enemies are stupid
- Guns aren't anything special (pistol, rail gun, shrink ray, etc.)
- Lots of loading, every time you die, it has to load everything again and you have to wait like 30 seconds.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If I could upvote you I would thanks for this
I'm gonna play it in a bit i'm hoping it's not as bad as you say it is.
Haha, no problem man!

I hate it how they added the '2 weapon limit' in this game. For anyone here who didn't play DN3D, you could carry like 20 weapons.

You can probably beat the demo in 15-20 minutes. It's like 1.53 GB in size.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So yeah, so far this game has gotten mediocre reviews.

IGN - 5.5/10
Eurogamer - 3/10

I also read that 50% of the game was cut from the final version but will be included in the DLC they have planned.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow it takes these guys 14 years to make this game and it isn't even good?

Now that's just sad. And not to mention that half of the other game is in a DLC which shows how half ***** they wanted this game to be. I mean, even that E3 2001/02 (can't remember what year) demo looks better than this ****

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It's not like this game was being worked on constantly for 14 years. It's been going through development hell and piss poor management for 14 years. 3DRealms restarted from scratch more times than I can count. It was basically bound to be mediocre. At least it's OUT so they can work on Duke Nukem Infinite or whatever is next and actually make a good game.

I thought the demo was pretty fun, except the two gun limit. What a stupid design decision.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So yeah, so far this game has gotten mediocre reviews.

IGN - 5.5/10
Eurogamer - 3/10

I also read that 50% of the game was cut from the final version but will be included in the DLC they have planned.
....and here I am, thinking about getting this game then I read this.

God! Why does it rate so horrible?

What's up with the gun limit? They should have made it to where you could carry unlimited.

DLC is just a way for those ******* to make more money out of us,

:phone:

Top Bottom