• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Nukem Forever

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I've played Duke Nukem 3D, that's all. I was 7 when they began working on DNF...
I was... 12.

But was well aware of the Duke many years prior. Dad raised me on PC games, like X-Wing, X-COM (if you don't know what this is, we really can't be friends), Commander Keen, Civilization, and of course, Master of Orion (1 and II).

He had a subscription to PC Gamer. I remember the cover article for AvP. Or maybe it was just Aliens. :shrug:

Anyway, the Duke was in PC Gamer a lot.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I have many, many, many, many fond memories of Duke. Oh my God, I laughed like hell and enjoyed it so much. Still holds strong at the top of my list of Most Influential Games That Helped Shape My Personality.

Don't disappoint me, gearbox. :mad:

kr3wman

Smash Master
They can't go back in time and ruin your first experience you know.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
They can't go back in time and ruin your first experience you know.
But they can take something I held dear and morph it into an unrecognizeable ball if unknown matter and present it to me on a golden platter.

I learned my lesson with Brawl, so i won't get hyped... But I also know that they got lots of people to satisfy, and its not gonna be easy meeting people's expectations.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
But they can take something I held dear and morph it into an unrecognizeable ball if unknown matter and present it to me on a golden platter.

I learned my lesson with Brawl, so i won't get hyped... But I also know that they got lots of people to satisfy, and its not gonna be easy meeting people's expectations.
Exactly what's happening to my poor X-COM. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Spire

III
BRoomer
Whatever this game is, it will suck. It's like TF2 and Starcraft 2. It was hyped by the community so much due to being in development so long that when it is released, it could be the best game out, but nothing like expected.
Except TF2 and SC2 are amazing. This game is going to be THE ****. People like you are too weak to handle its emergence, so your lifespan is coming to an end.

Sorry bro.

D

Deleted member

Unbelieveable. They are still trying to release this game. Here's to hoping promises are kept this time around.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
WARNING: Watch if you have no problem with cursing and minor inappropriate content. Not like it's anything bad, we're all adults who know what the Duke's brought to the table before, but just in case...

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER GAMEPLAY FROM PAX, SEPTEMBER 3 2010
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VRnv_tFKStQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VRnv_tFKStQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

The developers are finally running out of bubblegum.

It's not the finished product by the way, remember that it'll be released sometime in 2011!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The game is basically done. They're in the "polishing" stage right now.

And I never get tired of the song. :p

Darkslash

Smash Master
WARNING: Watch if you have no problem with cursing and minor inappropriate content. Not like it's anything bad, we're all adults who know what the Duke's brought to the table before, but just in case...

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER GAMEPLAY FROM PAX, SEPTEMBER 3 2010

http://www.youtube.com/v/VRnv_tFKStQ?
Posted May 2009
But like F8AL said, the game is already done. People are excited that it's actually fun and not about a complex narative that revolves around

I actually find it funny that the Duke Nukem Escapist video was post on the 1st...2 days before Duke Nukem Forever was revealed.

And I never get tired of that song.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So far, my favorite bit of news is that there is a dedicated button for drinking a beer.
I know. What other game has the option to drink a beer by pressing left on the d-pad?

Love how things are still interactive. (like the white board in the PAX video I saw of DNF)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I caused Kewkky to facepalm.
I am ashamed of myself. Man, you win props for that.

I'll upload a worthy video as soon as I find one.

Edit: MACHINIMA INTERVIEW
<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BbEqS-4TfwY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BbEqS-4TfwY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS + SCREENSHOT GALLERY
http://translate.google.com/transla...y-Trailer-von-der-PAX-2010-verfuegbar-770997/

DUKE NUKEM IMPRESSION FROM RIPTEN.COM
http://www.ripten.com/2010/09/04/ha...m-forever-will-duke-get-an-ao-rating-getsome/

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So I found this out after I saw Machete the other night;

My wife has played Duke Nukem and I haven't.

I think there is something amazingly right and awesome about this.
Did I ever tell you that I think your wife is awesome? :p

You should try Duke Nukem 3D on the PC. Not the crap Manhattan project on the XBLA/PSN.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh great. When this comes out, Norfair will freeze over.
In fact, that could make an awesome stage idea where the Frozen water is so cold, it freezes upon touching.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I remember the Gearbox head saying they wanted to do something awesome for whoever has the oldest preorder.

Yaya

Smash Champion
This is why you should always bet on Duke.
Funny story.

Did I ever tell you 'bout the time me and my buddy Keith went down to Vegas and bet on some horse races? I bet on the horse named Duke. He didn't. Needless to say, Duke won and I rubbed it in a little bit, then we went back to the hotel. They found 'em dead the next mornin' in his hotel room. Police said they found him decapitated, and feces runnin' down his neck.

Always...

ALWAYS...

Bet on Duke.

May not of actually happened.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Funny story.

Did I ever tell you 'bout the time me and my buddy Keith went down to Vegas and bet on some horse races? I bet on the horse named Duke. He didn't. Needless to say, Duke won and I rubbed it in a little bit, then we went back to the hotel. They found 'em dead the next mornin' in his hotel room. Police said they found him decapitated, and feces runnin' down his neck.

Always...

ALWAYS...

Bet on Duke.

May not of actually happened.
That man had balls of copper to not be betting on Duke.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well, they can't change engines again. Just finish the game and ship it out to retailers next year.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I wonder if after all this time, the game will actually be good.

It's looks......ok I guess.
It doesn't matter if it ends up being a piece of crap (it won't be), it will be worth buying for the sheer historical significance. It is going to be so glorious to see this mother****er on my shelf after waiting half of my life for it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Will there be an online multiplayer I wonder?
Yes, it will have some sort of online multiplayer. There have been no other details on it...yet.

It doesn't matter if it ends up being a piece of crap (it won't be), it will be worth buying for the sheer historical significance. It is going to be so glorious to see this mother****er on my shelf after waiting half of my life for it.
Amen!

I'm looking forward to cracking open that 1st virtual beer.......or 20.
Me too! I'm also looking forward to hearing his famous lines.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Retailers List Duke Nukem Forever For Feb. 1 Release

http://kotaku.com/5654527/retailers-list-duke-nukem-forever-for-feb-1-release

February seems a bit early to me, maybe in the middle-late part of 2011.
As an ex-Gamestop employee, often times a date would be listed for "Month" 1st, 20xx.

THIS ONLY MEANS THEY MIGHT BE GETTING IT THAT MONTH.

The way the dates work in their computer system is as such; july16th 2010 would mean the game actually arrives July 17th 2010, as the date listed is the shipping date. If it was ever listed as the 1st, it was always a might come out that month, most likely to be pushed back. Unless it had a note S/D listed with it, which means STREET DATE.

Now that I've enlightened you, don't get your hopes up.

O D I N: Dreamcrusher extraordinaire.

Top Bottom