• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
Your cockyness is rediculous sometimes.

And your logic is absolutely brainless. Have you been trained by Inui???

I lose to almost every Marth I play as Marth is my hardest matchup. When you beat me, you barely do (I always take matches), and you almost always get a 0 to death on me. From hearing you're advice on Falco, I don't think it's good honestly, just like you're Mario, which is alright, but as I thought, not tourney worthy since you had to drop out after losing to a random Toon Link.

Until you're Falco is capable of beating NinjaLink, Andy G, Anti, Atomsk, Alphazealot, Forte, Vex, STFU plz.
lol that was me. nice matches Pierce.

Benny The Jet Rodriguez

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure pierce's anything could beat me

chibo stop using my name in claims about our crew, I don't agree with any of it and I doubt I'll be able to beat anyone significant from here on out if I do go to anything just to hang out

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
OMG Xzax thank you.
*sigh* It's like he first page in here no **** talk :]
well except Pierce's, but we'll see how that turns out.
LMAO at you saying Ryoko can beat you, and barely no one else can.
Yeah, I've been trying to talk mad ****, just to stir things up. Obviously I don't feel I have automatic win here. It's just fun getting people riled up. I mean, I don't think over this thread there will be any lost love between me and Xzax, Chibo, etc. Ryoko is a pretty talented player who knows his character far better than I do, and probably has a greater mastery of his than the one I was using. I commend his victory and I will camp the hell out of him next time.

Got nothing to say about losing to Vex. I wouldn't john in a match vs. him if you payed me. <3 Vex.

HAHAHA! combos!? in brawl!? WITCHCRAFT!!!
Dude, it's 2009. Keep up with the metagame.

Your cockiness is ridiculous sometimes and your logic is absolutely brainless. Have you been trained by Inui???

I lose to almost every Marth I play as Marth is my hardest matchup. When you beat me, you barely do (I always take matches), and you almost always get a 0 to death on me. From hearing you're advice on Falco, I don't think it's good honestly, just like you're Mario, which is alright, but as I thought, not tourney worthy since you had to drop out after losing to a random Toon Link.

Until you're Falco is capable of beating NinjaLink, Andy G, Anti, Atomsk, Alphazealot, Forte, Vex, STFU plz.
A) It probably is capable of beating all those people, well, except Ninjalink depending on the MU, but you're also probably not better than him. What characters did all those players use btw. Forte is a MK, so that's well done, but it's also ages ago.

B) The reason I **** talk you so much is actually because I want you to get better, and stop being so dumb in the way you play because I recognize your talent, but your underlying flaws in gameplay hold you back. The last thing this state needs is more cocky Falco players. Don't worry, I do the same thing to Bleachigo all the time. OBVIOUSLY your Falco is good, or you wouldn't have slain Ohio. But just like Bleachigo and DM, for some reason, you all must flaunt your victories around as if Ohio was a significantly difficult region at the time. Now, I'll grant that it's actually been other people flaunting your victories for you, so it might be wrong of me to take it out on you, but I'm just overall disappointed in Falco's in this region.

C) Money match my Mario. I lost to a Toon Link player after no warm-ups, no eating, etc, and SDed in both games. However, I don't like to john about my losses, so I just say GGs. Of course, I have to say something when people try to throw losses in my face. No offense to you at all King Toon, you played extremely well, and I make no claims to being able to beat you at the top of my ability. Obviously I recognized that I was playing poorly, which is WHY I dropped out (in addition to the fact the I was RUNNING the tournament). Though Inui is not amongst their ranks, several formidable players in the region (though I will not name drop) agree that I have an amazing Falco AND Mario. I'm also pretty good in Mario vs. Falco, so bring it.

D) btw, I have used Falco in tourney several times. I even used him at Genesis. I didn't feel like dealing with R.O.B. during a game three so I switched to Falco deciding to deal with w/e gay secondary he felt like pulling out. I two stocked my opponent's Kirby on Halberd. I used him against DM once as well. Many people were watching the match. I went to spike him which would have won me the set, but I accidentally Faired, resulting in my death instead of his. I'm not going to john about it, but it is what it is. I've beaten other insignificants with him as well, but I'm probably not going to pull out Falco on high level players unless he does better than Marth.

E) Stuff like me getting a 0 to death on you is some of the reason I give you such a hard time. I DON'T LIKE the fact that you get hit by such dumb stuff, so I HOPE that eventually, your drive to beat me will force you to play smarter. You act like I don't compliment you when I see you doing well or playing intelligently. However, it doesn't mean I'm going to pretend to be afraid when someone says "I almost beat Keitaro's Falco." Seriously now? I would much rather every set be extremely difficult. I usually lose game one to you, because I'm too busy re-adjusting to your odd playstyle, but many times when you COULD beat me, you do FOOLISH things that holds you back. You WASTE your talent. I'm not happy about this, I PREFER you to be good. I mean, you say my advise isn't valid, but I mean if "Don't throw obvious kill moves at pros as soon as they reach death percents because they will block and punish" isn't valid advice then w/e.

F) (wtf am I on F?) **** talk doesn't need logic. It's to rile up players to make them try harder so that the result of any given match is more epic. Quite obviously, when I'm debating something that requires logic, then I will employ more of it. At any rate, I said nothing here in reference to you requiring any logic anyway, unless my memory fails me.

You see how Xzax isn't on this list right XD 0-2 Falco. No but Keitaro is so good besides ONE thing that i need to talk to him about, Pierce stop being all mighty and acting like you know everything about every character, you claimed that your Mario can beat every MK thats isn't Ksizzle, Shadow, and M2K. I say yeah my 2nds for this tournament are good as confidence, you say stuff on the boards and you loose to King toon.

10fallofthemarios?
Haha, alright, so MM my Mario. TBH, I was completely unprepared for the TL MU, I won't lie. My Marth even sucks against TL, it's just that Marth has a pretty solid advantage, so I win anyway. I'm WAY better at vs. MK. Also, it's been repeatedly proven that I'm extremely knowledge about most characters in the game. I don't act like I know everything, I learn new things about this game everyday. However, I don't really need to explain that I'm relatively brainy in regards to Brawl. I thought you were growing up. Learn to take some **** talk before a hype tourney.

lol that was me. nice matches Pierce.
Very nice.

All that being said, I'm still going to **** you all :laugh:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
That can't be a compliment rofl...

Dan: All my characters vs your mario/falco mm/surrious furrendleez? <3

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
how come inui always spells favorite the british way

how come chris hasn't been pranked yet, must fix this.

btw chibo to answer your question more throroughly, there's a better shot of me wanting to go if the IC's limitations were removed. they aren't going to be the 4th/3rd/2nd best char, maybe even potentially THE best by just moving forward. you're limiting their potential severely. I don't want to see results skewed when they can be taken into consideration for the next tier list because of some rules making it so they're operating at 80% or so.

i mean the only good IC in PA atm is bnzaaa anyway, and so far he hasn't made too much of a dent in the tourney scene yet.

∫unk

Smash Master
Dear Pierce,

C) Money match my Mario. I lost to a Toon Link player after no warm-ups, no eating, etc, and SDed in both games. However, I don't like to john about my losses, so I just say GGs. Of course, I have to say something when people try to throw losses in my face.
Don't be a noob just **** them next time unless someone specifically asks you what happened doesn't matter a loss is a loss. MikeHAZE doesn't go around moping about his losses at Genesis or anything. WC makes fun of ppl that do that cause it's pointless other than to make your ego feel better, but you shouldn't have an ego in the first place. btw i just brought up mike since we both know him.

No offense to you at all King Toon, you played extremely well, and I make no claims to being able to beat you at the top of my ability. Obviously I recognized that I was playing poorly, which is WHY I dropped out (in addition to the fact the I was RUNNING the tournament). Though Inui is not amongst their ranks, several formidable players in the region (though I will not name drop) agree that I have an amazing Falco AND Mario.
these sort of things you keep to yourself and enjoy as nice compliments. it's not a claim to fame (i've seen you repeatedly say this that's why i'm pointing it out)

D) btw, I have used Falco in tourney several times. I even used him at Genesis. I didn't feel like dealing with R.O.B. during a game three so I switched to Falco deciding to deal with w/e gay secondary he felt like pulling out. I two stocked my opponent's Kirby on Halberd. I used him against DM once as well. Many people were watching the match. I went to spike him which would have won me the set, but I accidentally Faired, resulting in my death instead of his. I'm not going to john about it
Really? come on this sounds so lame. Don't even bring it up.

F) (wtf am I on F?) **** talk doesn't need logic. It's to rile up players to make them try harder so that the result of any given match is more epic. Quite obviously, when I'm debating something that requires logic, then Iwill employ more of it. At any rate, I said nothing here in reference to you requiring any logic anyway, unless my memory fails me.
I find encouragement to be a MUCH better helping tool than **** talk in smash and outside of smash but whatever floats your boat.

Haha, alright, so MM my Mario. TBH, I was completely unprepared for the TL MU, I won't lie.
Are we on planet Pierce? That's what I feel like when I read your posts. Me me me me me me me elitist comment me me me

My Marth even sucks against TL, it's just that Marth has a pretty solid advantage, so I win anyway. I'm WAY better at vs. MK. Also, it's been repeatedly proven that I'm extremely knowledge about most characters in the game. I don't act like I know everything, I learn new things about this game everyday. However, I don't really need to explain that I'm relatively brainy in regards to Brawl. I thought you were growing up. Learn to take some **** talk before a hype tourney.
Callllllm down and just play. Seriously. <3 Junk

edit: that took way too long never doing that again with colors and ****

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you state something that happened, then say you won't john about it, you're johning about it by bringing it up so everyone knows. If you're not johning about it then just don't bring it up in the first place.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I just found it funny he looses to King Toon but tells everyone he can beat them with his mario, like vex at puffs with MK saying he is getting top 3 and got 9th and johned.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
That's why people should say "Assume everything you see in the following video was me playing to the best of my ability. Also assume that anything and everything I did was intentional, and that any mistakes are simply errors that I need to work on to become a better player."

now THAT is how you satisfy the "No Johns" argument =). You don't john. I hate when people are like "yeah, I played horribly and I was really tired, but no johns" or "I should have won but I SD'd. Oh well, no johns." It makes no sense.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I hate when people are like "yeah, I played horribly and I was really tired, but no johns" or "I should have won but I SD'd. Oh well, no johns." It makes no sense.
QFT.

If you're gonna john, at least be a man and admit that ****.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
smash shouldnt be about this "u johned, admit ur not that good" Bull****. SMASH IS ABOUT FUN. so everyone chill lol.

and i might come for brawl if i got nothing better to do. despite the fact that i dont have dont wii lol. might as well try to have fun.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
A) It probably is capable of beating all those people, well, except Ninjalink depending on the MU, but you're also probably not better than him. What characters did all those players use btw. Forte is a MK, so that's well done, but it's also ages ago.
I can say I'm probably capable of beating Ally. Think about how dumb that sounds.

B) The reason I **** talk you so much is actually because I want you to get better, and stop being so dumb in the way you play because I recognize your talent, but your underlying flaws in gameplay hold you back. The last thing this state needs is more cocky Falco players. Don't worry, I do the same thing to Bleachigo all the time. OBVIOUSLY your Falco is good, or you wouldn't have slain Ohio. But just like Bleachigo and DM, for some reason, you all must flaunt your victories around as if Ohio was a significantly difficult region at the time. Now, I'll grant that it's actually been other people flaunting your victories for you, so it might be wrong of me to take it out on you, but I'm just overall disappointed in Falco's in this region.
Are you kidding me? I think I'm not that good at all, lol! People call me the Ohio slayer, not my self. I think its funny cause I didn't even get to play the 2nd best or 4th best over there and I think it would be very hard to beat Overswarm. If you know me, you should know I'm far far far from cocky.

C) Money match my Mario. I lost to a Toon Link player after no warm-ups, no eating, etc, and SDed in both games. However, I don't like to john about my losses, so I just say GGs. Of course, I have to say something when people try to throw losses in my face. No offense to you at all King Toon, you played extremely well, and I make no claims to being able to beat you at the top of my ability. Obviously I recognized that I was playing poorly, which is WHY I dropped out (in addition to the fact the I was RUNNING the tournament). Though Inui is not amongst their ranks, several formidable players in the region (though I will not name drop) agree that I have an amazing Falco AND Mario. I'm also pretty good in Mario vs. Falco, so bring it.
Not only do I not enjoy fighting Mario, which I will probably beat anyway as I've beaten Spam's Mario many a time, I will not do it because it is a boring matchup plus I heard you were good at that 1 matchup. My Falco vs your Mario won't prove to me that your Mario is as good as your Marth is which you have stated before.
D) btw, I have used Falco in tourney several times. I even used him at Genesis. I didn't feel like dealing with R.O.B. during a game three so I switched to Falco deciding to deal with w/e gay secondary he felt like pulling out. I two stocked my opponent's Kirby on Halberd. I used him against DM once as well. Many people were watching the match. I went to spike him which would have won me the set, but I accidentally Faired, resulting in my death instead of his. I'm not going to john about it, but it is what it is. I've beaten other insignificants with him as well, but I'm probably not going to pull out Falco on high level players unless he does better than Marth.
That match vs DM you were losing horribly so you went for the double spike. Thats a desperate attempt to win by Falco that only works vs dumb people so no, you weren't about to win, lol, you had over %100 percent and he had like %30 from the cg. When I last faced DM, it went to last stock last hit on battlefield, then I 2 stocked him on smashville. Falco vs Rob is laser laser laser laser laser so that isn't impressive to me at all. Good stuff beating a Kirby on Halberd though. Beat a Jiggs and your Falco is better than mine :D
E) Stuff like me getting a 0 to death on you is some of the reason I give you such a hard time. I DON'T LIKE the fact that you get hit by such dumb stuff, so I HOPE that eventually, your drive to beat me will force you to play smarter. You act like I don't compliment you when I see you doing well or playing intelligently. However, it doesn't mean I'm going to pretend to be afraid when someone says "I almost beat Keitaro's Falco." Seriously now? I would much rather every set be extremely difficult. I usually lose game one to you, because I'm too busy re-adjusting to your odd playstyle, but many times when you COULD beat me, you do FOOLISH things that holds you back. You WASTE your talent. I'm not happy about this, I PREFER you to be good. I mean, you say my advise isn't valid, but I mean if "Don't throw obvious kill moves at pros as soon as they reach death percents because they will block and punish" isn't valid advice then w/e.
I understand you here. Eazy says similar stuff all the time. I do need to stop with my old tricks and come up with new ones. I've been working on it and getting better at it. I hope to impress you guys some day with a completely amazing style but until then I'm working on it.

F) (wtf am I on F?) **** talk doesn't need logic. It's to rile up players to make them try harder so that the result of any given match is more epic. Quite obviously, when I'm debating something that requires logic, then I will employ more of it. At any rate, I said nothing here in reference to you requiring any logic anyway, unless my memory fails me.
You call it **** talk, I call it me searching my name up 3 different times to see you ****ting on my Falco like its absolute garbage. Or hearing someone say "Yo, Pierce said your Falco sucks so bad" in person, on aim, or at a tourney. I like you so I never said anything and just let it go, but I just recently got sick of it. There's a difference between **** talk and saying someone sucks consistently regardless of how decent they actually are.

Bleachigo can say his Falco is better than mine or at the same lv and I won't give a **** cause he's obviously proven himself to actually have his words be a possibility. I'll just be sure to **** him next time i play him though <3 Legendary Bleachigo

You can **** talk all you want, but be prepared for me to say something if you blindly say your Falco is better than my own again.

GOTM

Smash Champion
by the way if these happen at me and cactus' place, that's cool and all, but one thing i am not doing no matter what is driving tv's around or people around or picking up anyone or anything.

that costs extra. i'm not losing any 24/7 street parking for this game, or even melee, lol

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
without me using mk keit, probably. but i still understand exactly how you play XD
You do know how I play very well, and its my fault for agreeing to play you in soooo many friendlies. I still think my current playstyle can beat ya though :D

I would try to use me sding at 20% 1st match as a john but smash sadly has the ability of sds unlike most other fighting games and we gotta deal with it.

Like when Bleachigo beat DM. Do you know how many times DM sded, lmao!! Without sds DM would have most likely won 2-0 but sadly, sds exist, and they are definitely apart of DM's nature.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
by the way if these happen at me and cactus' place, that's cool and all, but one thing i am not doing no matter what is driving tv's around or people around or picking up anyone or anything.

that costs extra. i'm not losing any 24/7 street parking for this game, or even melee, lol
Wise choice. Street parking is a very valuable commodity in that area.

However for commuters... seeing the same cars in the free parking spots with snow on their windshields for like 3 weeks straight is endlessly infuriating.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5v8Myoltijo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5v8Myoltijo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

>=D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
yes because it's totally fair to ban ice climbers cg, but not pika's which pretty much does the same thing and takes even less skill to do. Rendering characters useless because you can time Z correctly makes the game 1000x better :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Same shiz really. I'm not sure what buffering means because I never cared enough, but it's still not hard if every pikachu can do it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, wait, you're serious?

Pika's buffered CGs are far from broken, lol. You have to get grabbed at a specific percentage, Pika has a short grab range (although he does have a few setups, not gonna lie), the throw has to be a certain freshness, and the CGs aren't a 0-death on anybody, even Fox.

They're definitely legit and useful vs. certain characters, but they don't significantly change any of his matchups except for the spacies (and Fox was already screwed), DDD, and one could argue Snake.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
0-120 is pretty much a 0-death on fox.
snake needs controller priority to get out of it, and even then pika could fthrow snake to the ledge and do as planned.

The principal Chibo uses on IC's still applies to Pika. The opponent could put his controller down or mash on it like a maniac, and nothing would come of it. Turning a singles match into training mode is just stupid, and I wouldn't mind seeing it banned.

Edit: 10 frame window? that's so much time. Any Fox/Falco main in melee would kill to have a 10 frame window to multishine. Yeah that's definitely too broken to have allowed since it renders so many characters useless (iirc, fox, falco, metaknight, snake, wario, DDD, wolf, sonic...i'm sure there's more too.)

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
dam kaylo dont u wish u woulda kept that to urself. coulda jus pulled it out in the middle of a tourny match lol.

and wats wit my nae keep coming up. idk Peirce but u had mario. i dont know how good u thought ya mario was but i told u 2 go marth. lol musta thought i suked that much.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
0-120 is pretty much a 0-death on fox.
snake needs controller priority to get out of it, and even then pika could fthrow snake to the ledge and do as planned.
Fox does get destroyed by it, I'll give you that, but nobody used Fox vs. Pika even before the buffered CGs. Sheik and Captain Falcon are two other characters who're pretty much made useless by the CG, but again, they were horrible vs. Pika before the buffered dthrow CG was discovered.

Other than them, though, no other character is made unviable by it. It's not a 0-death on anybody, because the only KO followups are usmash/nair, and both can be DI'd and survived.

You're also missing the point that Pika has to get the grab within a certain percentage. The later you start the CG, the sooner it ends, so aside from Fox, Sheik, and CF, every other character has viable tools to stay out of Pika's grab range and build up damage to the point where it's not worth it for Pika to keep jeopardizing his playstyle to go for grabs.

It's exactly the same as any other "don't get grabbed" matchup, only not as bad, because Pikachu doesn't 0-death and has a grab range -- and range in general -- that's pretty **** small.

The principal Chibo uses on IC's still applies to Pika. The opponent could put his controller down or mash on it like a maniac, and nothing would come of it. Turning a singles match into training mode is just stupid, and I wouldn't mind seeing it banned.
Except Pika can't do it until you die. There's a big difference.

Besides that, any inescapable combo, if done to perfection, is a point where the opponent can just put down their controller.

Inb4brawldoesn'thavecombos. Come on, now.

Yeah that's definitely too broken to have allowed since it renders so many characters useless (iirc, fox, falco, metaknight, snake, wario, DDD, wolf, sonic...i'm sure there's more too.)
So many characters??? MK? Snake? Wario??? DDD??? Sonic doesn't even get CG'd that long.

None of these characters are made even remotely useless by the buffered dthrow CGs, lolol. You have no idea what you're talking about.

dam kaylo dont u wish u woulda kept that to urself. coulda jus pulled it out in the middle of a tourny match lol.
Anybody who knows anything about Pika's metagame should know about these CGs by now, lol.... it's common knowledge, they've been out forever, and they're not that broken. Besides, I rarely CG anyway.... it's boring and kinda lame (even I can admit that much), but it's definitely not ban-worthy.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well if you find it lame then I have no complaints. It's still annoying for me that everyone I use gets affected by it, but I doubt anyone else besides Ninjalink would go pika.

Top Bottom