• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Yes!, its a % dependent CG, that ***** your character so you want it banned...I use wolf and yes pikachu is a little broken peesha you know what, but its not 100% broken, there are ways around it and you can just outsmart the pikachu and force them to give you damage before they get a grab off. But since you use fox and pikachu ***** fox you will be biased and want it banned.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Chillax Xzax

Yes!, its a % dependent CG, that ***** your character so you want it banned...I use wolf and yes pikachu is a little broken peesha you know what, but its not 100% broken, there are ways around it and you can just outsmart the pikachu and force them to give you damage before they get a grab off. But since you use fox and pikachu ***** fox you will be biased and want it banned.
I know it's % dependent.

I main Snake, not Fox.

I'm not immature/selfish enough to get it banned for myself. I don't even care enough about bawlr tourney play. I'm just thinking about coming to Drexel because people are supposedly nicer here than in NJ. I'm actually not convinced I want to go anymore really.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Why? Chibo banned MK and IC's infinite CG, which are two legal things and these people are mad cool. I got the most utter respect for you, but thats how I felt, you 2nd fox and he gets gayed by pikachu, but pikachus grabs aren't even close to being compared to IC's, its not a true 0 to death, and its percent dependent, oh ban DDDs or falcos then.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Yes!: Snake is even vs. Pika even with the CG. =X

But, yeah, me and NL are the only two people who play Pika anywhere remotely close to Philly.... he doesn't play Pika that often, and I'm not that good/serious about the game. So I think you're safe, lol.

Also, just throwing it out there that I'm against banning ICs infinites anyway. Since my last post might have sorta implied that I support it. x.x

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It's his tourney, and his rules.

I'd go wolf before picking fox in tourney to be honest, and vs Pikachu I've always gone Snake.

(I wouldn't mind banning DDD's and Falco's cg's but that's asking too much :laugh: )

GOTM: I know, but it's just annoying sometimes when someone makes **** personal, so I don't think right.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ICs is not % dependant and can happen on the entire cast.

I haven't decided what to do about singular infinites, and I'm not going to ban them at least for the first one, since it's a much more touchy subject considering they are a lot more situational. Afterall, I didn't ban ZSS's infinite on ROB. That would be just plain bias lol.

GOTM

Smash Champion
ban g&w and luigi.

you can hack when you want to get the 9 hammer
and if you know how to do it you can misfire every time

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Whatever you say, genius. You're really not worth debating with.
Snake lives to ten million percent. Pikachu dies at nothing. Snake can punish anything Pikachu does. Pikachu can't do the same to Snake.

In an actual tournament set, Fatal crushed NinjaLink's Pikachu 2-0 on FD. In crews at Apex, Candy did the same thing to NinjaLink's Pikachu on the same stage.

I'm worth debating with if you can actually present evidence to make me consider what you're saying.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm worth debating with if you can actually present evidence to make me consider what you're saying.
It's not worth it, boo. You've already made it clear many, many times over that you don't value the opinions of players who aren't top placers, so I'm not going to waste my time typing out a huge post just to have you shoot me down out of some sense of elitism.

No thanks. :)

Also, the last time I saw NinjaLink's Pika, no offense to him, but it wasn't on par with Anther's or Z's (Vegas Z, not... the other one who doesn't play Pika). He's an excellent player, and his Pikachu is definitely good, but I wouldn't use it to judge Pika's potential.... the Pika mains I just named have a much better understanding of the character. That's just my opinion, though, and I haven't seen his Pika very recently, so it might be a slightly outdated one.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Evidence. That's what matters. You are not at a skill level for your testimony to matter much, but evidence is evidence no matter how skilled someone is. That's the only way to debate with me. Proof. Facts.

If you have evidence, you can easily debate with me.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Or we can move on instead of filling another thread with 10 pages of bickering.
Agreed.

Inui, if you're really that interested in discussing it (which I highly doubt you are), you can always bring it to the Pika forum's matchup thread.... or you can PM me, and I'll be more than happy to get into it with you. I love discussing matchups with people who have at least half a brain, because most people don't.

But it doesn't really belong here. =X I dun think Chibo would appreciate it very much, lol.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
@Yes!: Snake is even vs. Pika even with the CG. =X

But, yeah, me and NL are the only two people who play Pika anywhere remotely close to Philly.... he doesn't play Pika that often, and I'm not that good/serious about the game. So I think you're safe, lol.

Also, just throwing it out there that I'm against banning ICs infinites anyway. Since my last post might have sorta implied that I support it. x.x
And theres only 3 or so MK users but hes banned D:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
hobbling out of bthrow makes it an infinite since u can keep em in the middle of the stage or something the whole time. if its done out of fthrow and the opponent consistently smashDIs the ice blocks correctly towards the end of the stage, it slowly moves across the stage eventually reaching the edge.

ICs grabs are still quite destructive and can likely result in death, it's just that with these rules its not a 100% guaranteed infinite and gives the opponent a small bit of hope.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I don't understand why you're so against the bthrow though. It's not like people will stall with it, and if they do then they can be DQ'd. Without the bthrow cg IC's aren't working at 100% :/

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't understand why you're so against the bthrow though. It's not like people will stall with it, and if they do then they can be DQ'd. Without the bthrow cg IC's aren't working at 100% :/
Because it makes it a guaranteed infinite out of one grab. The small changes from taking out bthrow CGs is that it technically gives the opponent some kind of hope, and gives them options to help against it. Every CG will theoretically reach the end of the stage (so a player can play sort of safe near a ledge, but not on it, to help counter this somewhat). If the IC can kill with a smash from grab, cool, if not, go for the fair spike which the opponent is able to SmashDI and tech or meteor cancel properly. It's not likely to happen, but can.

Plus, there are plenty of other IC "infinites" that are legal under the current rules. They are just very strict with timing and a hell of a lot less likely to happen. I've been talking to Bnzaaa a lot about this, and he's also helped educate me a bit on all the IC stuff in general. I've been discussing potentially what can happen under these rules and not, and I can guarantee you that ICs grabs are practically just as lethal under these rules its just that they either depend on reading your opponent, or require more tech skill, or both.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
This is greatly favoring characters that can attack from the ledge/play a strong ledge and edge game. If they make a mistake the worst thing they can suffer is a grab or two plus a fair spike (if it isn't di'd) which won't do much depending on the %.

You make it sound like it's very easy for the IC's if they have the bthrow though. They have to work VERY hard for grabs and even the top IC players aren't good enough to CG them 0-death 100% every time.

Top Bottom